Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Spriests OP against rogues?

How come we dont have a Y?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    It's obvious you have never fought a skilled rogue.

A rogue who isn't afraid of popping all his cooldowns WILL take you down without you laying a single hand(spell) on him.

You're the retard here.
    I'm going to have to agree, i have a priest and if im disc i do have a slight chance of surviving if i time my trinket but it only gives me a few secs of survival at best. As shadow im just dead, trinket or not. I also played my friends rogue and i killed people left and right with just hiting random buttons. Shows how much skill is actually used when playing one. Granted he is very geared i still shouldn't be taking people out like that. But after patch 3.1 with the DR to stuns, things may change.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdestiny
    I'm going to have to agree, i have a priest and if im disc i do have a slight chance of surviving if i time my trinket but it only gives me a few secs of survival at best. As shadow im just dead, trinket or not. I also played my friends rogue and i killed people left and right with just hiting random buttons. Shows how much skill is actually used when playing one. Granted he is very geared i still shouldn't be taking people out like that. But after patch 3.1 with the DR to stuns, things may change.
    Maybe youre underestimating your skill, or your friend had a very good ui setup with lots of macros.

You aren't going to kill anything by randomly hitting fan of knives and feint and tricks of the trade.

As shadow, with 800 resilience and 22k health, I do not stand a chance vs a good rogue, hell, even a rogue in shitty gear might even get lucky.

As disc, I survive longer, but do not do enough damage to kill the rogue before it finishes me off. Depeneding on my DoT's to do most of the damage is pretty fail, since they will cloak them off before they even tick.

Not to mention, that lovely 50% reduced healing debuff poison they give you. Renew ticks for 600 on me, woo hoo.

I know this is about Spriests vs rogues, but yes, there is no competition there. I am very skilled at shadow pvp, and mind flay only reducing 10% movement speed, compared to 70%, heh.

Warlocks are pretty ridiculous in the live patch, i'm at 20% before the fear is over and my trinket I probably popped agianst some rogue earlier.

Even with the fear ward and 130 shadow resistance, my dots don't get the warlock past 90% health before I have to leave shadow form to heal. Warlock cc is insane, nerfing fear is kinda goof for me, but then agian bad.

Shadow priest fail at pvp, and warlocks have taken them down a step lower, most of the time, we don't fear to attack them, we fear to either get away or heal up. undead racial, be being alliance, doesn't help either.

The new disarm Spriests will get will not do anything with the fear nerf. Since dots will do damage now when instantly applied, it will break the fear. Warriors, the disarm will only be 5 seconds for them, and their bleeds will still tick. Rogues will just vanish after the disarm, enhancement shamans will just pick that time for a good opportunity to reapply totems and heal up, death knights can still burst us down even while disarmed..

As shadow in battlegrounds, the only possible way for me to have a chance to kill a rogue involves me having to spend an entire mana bar spamming Holy Nova while running away from them backwards.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    As shadow in battlegrounds, the only possible way for me to have a chance to kill a rogue involves me having to spend an entire mana bar spamming Holy Nova while running away from them backwards.
    You too eh?

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    If pvp is rock paper scissors...

DK beats all casters (Bliz says they're supposed to be the anti caster class)

Rogue beats most casters, especially clothies. That's their nitch

Spriest beats.... holy pallies and holy priests?

Which class is the anti melee class again? The opposite of DK?

Worst argument ever in 3..2..

Spriests are viable because with enough skill they have been known to beat every class in 1v1. Skill is more important than class strengths

/worstargumentever

On that note I'd like to point out that 70s are perfectly viable in pvp because I've seen a 70 rogue beat an 80 in a duel. Dueling naked is also perfectly viable because I've seen a naked mage beat someone in a duel. I am also perfecty viable in MMA because if I went up against an MMA champion when he was asleep I could, with enough skill, knock him out with a crowbar. Remember, there are a lot of complicated factors involved in pvp and to say that a DK always beats a Spriest or a level 80 always beats a level 40 is over simplifying.
    Best post in a long time.

Deleted

Welcome to world of Meleecritburststuncraft....

No escape, no defences, no counters, no way out, no decent cooldowns...only death for priests.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't see what the big deal is. As of late, Spriets can (quite comfortably) take down rogues, even if the rogue gets the jump on them i have found.

I play Shadow, absolutely love pvping as it, and to everyone who says an Spriest can't take down a rogue, im very sorry, but thats just bull =\

Same about locks, i find locks harder, but still, nowhere near impossible

Deleted

You must meet some horribad rogues... like, REALLY bad..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    You must meet some horribad rogues... like, REALLY bad..
    lol maybe so, but im not going to complain, at the end of the day, im the one walking away from that fight, not the other guy =)

Quote Originally Posted by Margret
    Don't see what the big deal is. As of late, Spriets can (quite comfortably) take down rogues, even if the rogue gets the jump on them i have found.

I play Shadow, absolutely love pvping as it, and to everyone who says an Spriest can't take down a rogue, im very sorry, but thats just bull =\

Same about locks, i find locks harder, but still, nowhere near impossible
    Sorry, we should clarify. A shadow priest can't take out a good rogue. Since you seem to have a decent strategy, what do you do when they get the drop on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Just to give you all an idea of how OWNED disp and SPs get in PVP, here are some SS. Note that on the last few SS im at 820 ressillince. And still get killed in 5-6 seconds.

http://img26.imageshack.us/gal.php?g...2409232409.jpg

1. Shows the OP-ness of unstable affliction, just lol at it hitting me for 7k... ( i was still shadow then)
    2,3,4. Shows the OP-ness of eviscerates VS me as disp with stacks of focused will on with 770 ressillince at the time
    5. And the last one shows the OP-ness of warriors VS me with 820 ressillince

How any clothy is ment to survive that onslought is beyond all comprihension

Just take a look at them, and tell me priests are OP in anyway, you must be blind to think that is the case.
    do you click? i see no key binds

Quote Originally Posted by Jutteri
    if you get stunned to 100-0% there is few options:
    A) You are pvping without trinket = retarded
    B) You dont have pvp gear = retarded
    C) whining with a dk sig = retarded
    thing is, you don't trinket CS, you trinket blind, making this very hard for spriest, because the moment you trinket CS, they blind, wait the 6 seconds, stealth and pop stuns on you again.

by that time, the dispersion should have been forced, guess what, he just vanished.

and gg, because you are now stunned and didn't do any form of dmg vs the rogue.

know what that means? 100%-0%

Quote Originally Posted by Margret
    lol maybe so, but im not going to complain, at the end of the day, im the one walking away from that fight, not the other guy =)
    it is kinda possible to rape a rogue as shadow... but most rogues i fight are undead and they get to trinket about 3 fears... including cloak.

My straregy is if the rogue doesn't have trinket or WOTF the fear, you are golden, get some range on the rogue, fade the 70% reduced movement speed poison off you, then mind flay the bastard... if he cloaks or vanishes, heal to full and get ready to repeat.
    I can pretty much kill a rogue as shadow if it wasn't undead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    yeh cause keybinds mean i dont get crit for 6k and die in under 10 seconds ,right? :

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    Not pointed towards me i know, but my keybindings do not show up on my WoW interface. But i still use keybinds for almost every skill/spell i have. No need to actually see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia
    Your sig is wrong...
    Last part (3/3) is from GC -> to druids. ( are jack of all trade, not the best...)
    So before you play to QQ card, get your info straight.
    Wonder how many of those were shadow.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by thantos
    it is kinda possible to rape a rogue as shadow... but most rogues i fight are undead and they get to trinket about 3 fears... including cloak.

My straregy is if the rogue doesn't have trinket or WOTF the fear, you are golden, get some range on the rogue, fade the 70% reduced movement speed poison off you, then mind flay the bastard... if he cloaks or vanishes, heal to full and get ready to repeat.
    I can pretty much kill a rogue as shadow if it wasn't undead.

Shockingly, it is a lot easier to kill every class if they have no trinket or cooldowns.

These two guys seem to do pretty well.....even befor 3.1...

Maybe your doing something wrong?

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=105385

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=100215

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=99247

Honestly.....the terribads here make the situation sound much worse than it actually is. I play rogue and priest at 80 (among others) actively in PvP. Yes, rogues hard-counter Spriests, but if you've half a brain, understand how to use what you've got, you can come out on top....as the videos above go some way to showing.

I'd suggest the whiners dl and watch them all....you might even learn something.