Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Magnata View Post
    please, anyone know what is that target addon?

i.imgur.com /KUo33eo.jpg
    imgur.com /a/lkb07
    you allready asked about this once. Give the dude some time lol..

sorry, I'm excited about this addon lol. How i can delete it?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnata View Post
    what is ur target addon?
    Hi sorry about that. If you are asking about the unit frames it's Elvui with a skullflower texture.

Ty, i love your profile. Any chance to upload it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparkks View Post
    The issue I have with centered UIs is that you're often concerned with what's near your toon (ground effects, other players, etc.). Any central static UI element might obscure one at a critical moment. Maybe it's just paranoia from past PvP days (gotta see them rogues), but I really don't like having UI elements blocking any large portion around my character. I can't really say much on the topic of wasted eye movement because I've healed with a four-corner UI setup like this since Cata, so I'm used to it and probably wouldn't've noticed or blamed my UI when I reacted to stuff too slowly.

Relying on nameplates(/tooltips) for target info seems super iffy if you're a DoT/debuff based spec, but that aside, I hadn't considered it. The default PRD moves too much for my taste; I want to be able to look at the same spot on-screen for info, not look for a bar that jumps around. Thinking about it, my main issue with one (in theory) is the same issue I have with centered UIs; you're blocking screenspace near your toon. You could just lower the opacity of your playerframe/PRD, but then you're sacrificing clarity--low-opacity stuff can be hard to read on some terrain or spell effects.

I could. Wouldn't make a huge difference either way. xD

I've toyed with several iterations of this. Blizz's combat text with scrolling combat text, Blizz's combat text without scrolling combat text, just scrolling combat text, no scrolling combat text. I'm not set on any one, but for the time being I like having both on. Blizz's because fat numbers are fun, and MSBT's because I wanna know what the heck just did 90k damage in one shot.

Both of them are small enough (in terms of time and screenspace) that I don't feel I'm sacrificing any visibility to have either. It's arguable that they're just extra visual noise, which is pretty bad in a world already overflowing with it, but I also don't find them distracting at all.

EDIT: Oh, turns out I do have a shot of my raid UI stashed away. 'Cause this Shadow Priest was wrecking some major face O_o

I feel like the corners are comfortable (balance/zen), but not efficient. If you were dead set on clear area around your character so you could see ground/players/pvp/etc, then I'd try a more "diamond" arrangement of UI elements. I think this would reduce eye travel time (better than corners, worse than grouped), while still feeling open. Maybe if I'm so inclined, I'll explore the concept.

If you're going to stick to it, then I'd just focus on tidying up.
    • You have buffs showing both time remaining and a bar; you don't need both.
    • Skin the boss frames with your UF addon.
    • Hide mana bars on raid frames
    • Cut down on action bars by either hiding in/out combat, or replace some buttons with OPie or other addon
    • Hide minimap buttons anyways :P

Diamond
    --X--
    X---X
    --X--

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparkks View Post
    The issue I have with centered UIs is that you're often concerned with what's near your toon (ground effects, other players, etc.). Any central static UI element might obscure one at a critical moment. Maybe it's just paranoia from past PvP days (gotta see them rogues), but I really don't like having UI elements blocking any large portion around my character. I can't really say much on the topic of wasted eye movement because I've healed with a four-corner UI setup like this since Cata, so I'm used to it and probably wouldn't've noticed or blamed my UI when I reacted to stuff too slowly.

Relying on nameplates(/tooltips) for target info seems super iffy if you're a DoT/debuff based spec, but that aside, I hadn't considered it. The default PRD moves too much for my taste; I want to be able to look at the same spot on-screen for info, not look for a bar that jumps around. Thinking about it, my main issue with one (in theory) is the same issue I have with centered UIs; you're blocking screenspace near your toon. You could just lower the opacity of your playerframe/PRD, but then you're sacrificing clarity--low-opacity stuff can be hard to read on some terrain or spell effects.
    I actually tried something kind of similar a while back, with stuff along the very bottom/corners, but having stuff centered has felt way better to me in the long run.

As far as centered elements obscuring ground effects, it doesn't happen unless things are truly centered, but by placing things close enough that you can see them without looking around at all while having the area around your character clear isn't terribly difficult to achieve. I have ~10 yards of clear area around my character currently.

As far as nameplates for DoT information, I find it works pretty well as long as you're also using something like boss frames to track them on longer-living targets. For example, tracking Sunfire on Hellfire Assault mobs or Gorefiend stuff is pretty easy with nameplates, but tracking DoTs on say...High Council is much easier with boss frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I actually tried something kind of similar a while back, with stuff along the very bottom/corners, but having stuff centered has felt way better to me in the long run.

As far as centered elements obscuring ground effects, it doesn't happen unless things are truly centered, but by placing things close enough that you can see them without looking around at all while having the area around your character clear isn't terribly difficult to achieve. I have ~10 yards of clear area around my character currently.

I posted my work in progress UI, but I very specifically ensured that I had my feet/immediate character area visible, while centering player/target elements and raid frames; essentially what you're saying is possible, but in a different way than your screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    Work in Progress

In Raid/Combat:
    Last edited by klaxce; 2016-08-18 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    Just my modifed LynUI, Raidframes are Grid2
    Looks good, can you please let me know which modules you edited to put the target box on the top and the length of the playerbar?

Quote Originally Posted by hsjyes View Post
    Looks good, can you please let me know which modules you edited to put the target box on the top and the length of the playerbar?
    y, why not. But please write me a PM next time, this thread is for UI Screenshots and not support discussion!

L354:
    self:SetWidth(426)
    L1176 and following:
    spawnHelper(self, 'player', 'BOTTOM', 0, 196)
    spawnHelper(self, 'target', 'TOP', 0, -60)
    spawnHelper(self, 'targettarget', 'TOP', -142,-110)

I am trying to finish up the new version of my UI. You can toggle between the ye olde iron horde look aswell - but here's a little teaser =)

I tried to keep it similiar to the default UI as in minimap, raid/party/boss/arena frames, action bars positions , but giving it a drastically different look and feel.

Deleted
    I used to play with the stock Blizzard UI with some Quality of Life enhancing Addons, now since Legion knocks on my coffin I decided to play with it and made this.

http://imgur.com/a/ogAOg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Wish I could make actionbars have more than 12 buttons, but have to make do with what we have. Playing around with layouts, really liking this one.
    /snip -can't post images, it's the shadow priest setup from few pages ago
    Man, I find this to be clean and amazing!
    Did you use ElvUI? How did you make the target name to be abbreviated (A.M. instead of archmage..)?
    What's the addon to manage and filter debuffs on target?
    Any chance you'll upload this setup? :)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondik View Post
    I used to play with the stock Blizzard UI with some Quality of Life enhancing Addons, now since Legion knocks on my coffin I decided to play with it and made this.

http://imgur.com/a/ogAOg
    This is Legion now. No need for all those actions bars anymore .

I must admit it was hard for me to chop off an entire bar.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Thought I'd post mine after a few months of work on Alpha, Beta and eventually pre-patch. I tend to do a complete UI re-work including WeakAuras every expansion.

I'm a raider so I have to keep it functional and tone down on a lot of the pretty stuff a lot of the UIs have on here. I'm a big fan of minimalist UIs only showing what you need, so I've toned down/removed as much as I could whilst still keeping the UI as a whole functional and easy to read at a glance.

Out of Combat:

Spoiler: 

With Weak Auras:

Spoiler: 

Raid:

Spoiler: 

Party/Dungeon:

Spoiler: 

Addons Used:

ElvUI
    ElvUI Enhanced (Legion)
    ElvUI AddOnSkins
    Skada
    DBM

Font: Expressway
    Bar Textures: ElvUI Norm/Blank

Lyn or someone using his UI: do the Blizzard Raid Frames sometimes show up? It doesn't happen to me all the time but sometimes i join a raid a *pufff* there they are :s

Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    Lyn or someone using his UI: do the Blizzard Raid Frames sometimes show up? It doesn't happen to me all the time but sometimes i join a raid a *pufff* there they are :s
    No, if its a new char ive not raided with then yes, but not with a char that has been configured to hide the raid frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Chat tab embedding! Why didn't I think of that? Is there something similar I can do with Skada? I'll look into it myself!
    Yup. Skada Chat Frame Integrator. I'm a big fan of putting meters into chat tabs.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I use to do this, but it would get buggy and in the end I just got rid of it. Probably because all my characters have slightly different sized chats lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    I feel like the corners are comfortable (balance/zen), but not efficient. If you were dead set on clear area around your character so you could see ground/players/pvp/etc, then I'd try a more "diamond" arrangement of UI elements. I think this would reduce eye travel time (better than corners, worse than grouped), while still feeling open. Maybe if I'm so inclined, I'll explore the concept.

If you're going to stick to it, then I'd just focus on tidying up.
    • You have buffs showing both time remaining and a bar; you don't need both.
    • Skin the boss frames with your UF addon.
    • Hide mana bars on raid frames
    • Cut down on action bars by either hiding in/out combat, or replace some buttons with OPie or other addon
    • Hide minimap buttons anyways :P
    I'm considering doing an almost-complete revamp now, so thanks for the feedback ^^. I'm not dead set on having clear central area, it's just what I'm used to at this point. Might be worth the transition to something more efficient now, I really don't know. Diamond setup seems a bit weird; I'm thinking about a UI mostly clustered in the bottom-center, but I haven't figured out an efficient / effective layout that includes the minimap and raidframes. I'll keep thinking on it.

As for tidying up, I agree with your points except for hiding mana bars--as a healer, I like knowing how my fellow healers are doing on mana, because it helps me make better decisions. The bars at the top of each frame show roles normally (blank for DPS, green for healer, red for tank) but double as timer bars for specific buffs (Renewing Mist, new Atonement).

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    This is Legion now. No need for all those actions bars anymore .

I must admit it was hard for me to chop off an entire bar.
    ...and that, yeah. Haven't figured out where to put everything if I just cut a bar out.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I'll get back to you guys when I think of something that'll actually work.

As far as nameplates for DoT information, I find it works pretty well as long as you're also using something like boss frames to track them on longer-living targets. For example, tracking Sunfire on Hellfire Assault mobs or Gorefiend stuff is pretty easy with nameplates, but tracking DoTs on say...High Council is much easier with boss frames.
    Fair enough. I don't play DoT classes enough to know. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Thought I'd post mine after a few months of work on Alpha, Beta and eventually pre-patch. I tend to do a complete UI re-work including WeakAuras every expansion.

I'm a raider so I have to keep it functional and tone down on a lot of the pretty stuff a lot of the UIs have on here. I'm a big fan of minimalist UIs only showing what you need, so I've toned down/removed as much as I could whilst still keeping the UI as a whole functional and easy to read at a glance.

Out of Combat:

Spoiler: 

With Weak Auras:

Spoiler: 

Raid:

Spoiler: 

Party/Dungeon:

Spoiler: 

Addons Used:

ElvUI
    ElvUI Enhanced (Legion)
    ElvUI AddOnSkins
    Skada
    DBM

Font: Expressway
    Bar Textures: ElvUI Norm/Blank
    Bitch please, this is Skullflower UI. You're even using the Textures I asked him to create for the Light version.