Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappse View Post
    What are those unitframes? Do you have addon package ?
    oUF_Abu (link) - the only change I've made to it that wasn't through the in game config was the portrait timers, but even then it was just adding in some extras for tanking.

Minimap, Buffs, Actionbar are from Neav_UI (link) All I've done to them is scale them down.

The rest of the UI is just TellMeWhen+Masque and my own little collection of tiny addons (junk seller, font changer, frame mover etc).
    Last edited by mmocd4be76bc04; 2016-10-06 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I can't spell...

Love those toast skins, are they available anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    Done a lot of tweaking since last time.

out of combat:

top bar is hidden in combat, shows me a list of all spells / items to move around (works with mage portals, cm portals, toys... etc. S&L edit does this)

combat:

BONUS! I've skinned ls:Toasts for ElvUI:

Big thanks to @Constie, who was kind enough to update his UI Setup Helper AddOn for me. Really made configuring my UI a lot easier and prevented a lot of strain from my eyes!
    could you list your used addons?
    Looks really nice, also if its elvui could you link your profile? (http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=35423)
    thanks

Summoning zorker.

I've read the whole thing about the nameplates being unitframes now and being able to skin them accordingly - and that sounds really good, to the point i was wondering if i could replace the target frame with them (in the sense i won't create a target frame at all and rely on nameplates for impostant stuff - castbar and my debuffs/target buffs mainly).

Point is, given how nameplates float around i was asking myself if it was possible to change where nameplates spawn so i can manage where, how and how many of them i want on screen.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

that behaviour is being changed and/or removed in 7.1 to combat the rise of enemy grid style addons, so probably not worth investing too much time into. You can still change and style nameplates, but altering their behaviour or placement will likely not be possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teru93 View Post
    could you list your used addons?
    Looks really nice, also if its elvui could you link your profile? (http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=35423)
    thanks
    You can find my profile here: http://www.tukui.org/code/view.php?id=HOMAX041016152135

These should all that affect visuals:

AddOnSkins
    CleanBossButton
    ElvUI Chat Tweaks
    ElvUI CustomTweaks
    ElvUI Datatext Bars 2
    ElvUI ExtraActionBars
    ElvUI Shadow and Light
    Gnosis
    KGPanels (Made chat panels, skada backdrop with this)
    WeakAuras2
    ls: Toasts skin: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=317

Deleted
    @Coldkill
    Yes that is possible. You can do that. The same is true for your player frame if you enable the player nameplate in the interface options. One catch though! Since nameplates heavily switch units around (any nameplate can house any unit) you are limited to only one style for all nameplates. You can readjust the style though. A callback for NAMEPLATE_UNIT_ADDED is given and you have access to UnitIsUnit(unitA,unitB).
    You set the nameplate.unitFrame point. Currently I set it to SetPoint("CENTER") which will center the nameplate.unitFrame (that oUF spawns for us) on the nameplate base (that Blizzard provides). Thants for pointing that out btw. I was looking for a solution to fixate the player nameplate. Doh! >_<

Regarding nameplates. Many people using nameplates suggest setting the following CVar to -1. SetCVar("nameplateOtherTopInset", 0.08)
    I think that is a really bad decision and am I highly against it. I think that variable is pure gold. Only players suggesting that change to -1 are filthy ranged characters imo. As a tank you only see boss feet some times. You want that target nameplate to stay put and that values has to stay at 0.08. But now that I read my first paragraph again...I could just fixate that target nameplate.unitFrame too. Not sure if that would look wierd though. *edit* Fortget that it has to stay at 0.08. Otherwise the target nameplate is offscreen and NAMPLATE_UNIT_ADDED will not fire for target. But the target nameplate fixate should be possible.

Scripts to check your hidden nameplate settings.
    Code:
    /run print('nameplateShowAll', 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateShowAll"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateShowAll"))
    /run print("nameplateMaxAlpha", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateMaxAlpha"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateMaxAlpha"))
    /run print("nameplateShowEnemies", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateShowEnemies"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies"))
    /run print("ShowClassColorInNameplate", 'default', GetCVarDefault("ShowClassColorInNameplate"), 'saved', GetCVar("ShowClassColorInNameplate"))
    /run print("nameplateOtherTopInset", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateOtherTopInset"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateOtherTopInset"))
    /run print("nameplateOtherBottomInset", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateOtherBottomInset"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateOtherBottomInset"))
    /run print("nameplateMinScale", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateMinScale"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateMinScale"))
    /run print("namePlateMaxScale", 'default', GetCVarDefault("namePlateMaxScale"), 'saved', GetCVar("namePlateMaxScale"))
    /run print("nameplateMinScaleDistance", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateMinScaleDistance"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateMinScaleDistance"))
    /run print("nameplateMaxDistance", 'default', GetCVarDefault("nameplateMaxDistance"), 'saved', GetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance"))
    /run print("NamePlateHorizontalScale", 'default', GetCVarDefault("NamePlateHorizontalScale"), 'saved', GetCVar("NamePlateHorizontalScale"))
    /run print("NamePlateVerticalScale", 'default', GetCVarDefault("NamePlateVerticalScale"), 'saved', GetCVar("NamePlateVerticalScale"))
    On top of that I tested the new oUF nameplate spawn on the PTR with patch 7.1 already. It is unaffected by the upcoming UI changes.

There is a bug with friendly nameplate spawn though. But it affects all nameplates even the default ones.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=54612

Btw...uiscale does not work on the PTR atm. I think that should be your greatest concern.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=54613

> Reminder for myself. Open console on PTR and do a cvarlist print of all the possible settings that 7.1 has to offer. Try cvar_default and cvar_reset.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Console
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Console_variables
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...hlight=console
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48375
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-10-07 at 12:40 PM.

i.imgur.com/PCpq7yI.jpg

Finally im Satisfied after redoing my UI for 2 times :S

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    -snip-
    Very good news. I think i'll start with normal stuff already this saturday (setting main ui layout - which i have in mind already, lightspark UI looks really cool and a twist form usual player/target/focus setup with other frames on left/right). I just need some suggestions about the player frame, but it will be once i've done at least a first rough layout.

I'll try to respond point by point.

Didn't get quite the grasp about the nameplateOtherTopInset cvar, but if i got it right, it makes the nameplate not to go too much high (eventually going offscreen) and it's exactly my situation as a rogue player. It shouldn't be difficult however to just make it customizable on a character basis if needed.

Good scripts, saved for later use.

Tbh, i was going to hide all bars for friendly nameplates and just leave names out :P

Thhat UIScale bug is really annoying. Cannot we simply force UIScale/useUIScale to the desired values on a PLAYER_LOGIN or PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD? That could solve the issue (if i got the problem right - basically since nameplates are not children of UIParent they are not scaled as the other frames; reskinning blizzard nameplates included a manual scaling to obtain pixelperfect ones).

EDIT: i'll have some other issues to fix like the ColdMisc addon trying to call an apparently now protected function SetallPoints() on the compactraidframe1 (i used that to hide that ugly monstrosity) and be not being able to colorize as i wanted the healthbar on tooltips (but may be useless since i'm going for a full monochrome/red layout; because style)

EDIT2: bit offtopic, excluding the oUF layout which is completely broken, i was appalled that i just needed to fix 2 simple things and all my old addons just worked straight out of the 6.0 beta version of my UI (i stopped playing shortly after). I want to work a little more on style this time than pure functionality, and i'd like to mess with mouseover/onclick animations.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-10-07 at 12:57 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    i.imgur.com/PCpq7yI.jpg

Finally im Satisfied after redoing my UI for 2 times :S
    This an Elv edit ? If not, would you share the UI

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxana View Post
    Reminds me of CaithUI? from WoTLK
    Really like this.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2016-10-07 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    every single texture there is pulled from existing ones in the standard blizzard ui — some are multiple different ones cut or layered into the right shape. you can find an indexed list of the all these default textures here.

this is the castbar border, for instance. to define it in game you'd put the texture path as "Interface\\CastingBar\\UI-CastingBar-Border"
    Thanks for the link. I still can't seem to find the border that you are using around the health and mana bars. Do you have the name of the texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Yeah, me, too. Played it when I was a little boy.
    Thanks for the website!

Oh, and I skinned lightspark's Toasts, finally. Not yet finished but you get the general idea:

This UI...i need it in my life

This is my current UI.

A small clip how it shows in raiding, in combat - https://clips.twitch.tv/skmzarn/MagnificentBeeRedCoat

I am okay with my UI, however, there is always room for improvements, and I would love to hear your opinons about it. I am not completely happy about the bottom line, with my three meters. I had a panel here with a databroker, but I removed it and added another panel, but put it in the upper part of the screen, and I like that one better. I want bigger space around the middle, but I find it hard to get it, because I like having my WeakAura strings around the character.

Addons are:

Vuhdo
    Pitbull
    WeakAuras
    BigWigs
    Quartz
    SexyMap
    SexyCooldowns2
    TidyPlates
    Prat
    Blood Legion Cooldowns
    Dominos
    Details!
    Raven
    XIV Databar
    probably a few more.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was time for a UI tweak!

Old:
    Last edited by TiroC; 2016-10-07 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockxana View Post
    This UI looks really clean and I'd like to copy it pretty much 100%, can you list all the addons / link anything to get it. I'm shit at UI's so need to be spoonfed

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    This UI...i need it in my life
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...059-LynUI.html
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    art for some more stuff

I really like your unitframes... any tips for getting mine to look like this real fast??

Quote Originally Posted by Druidicbeast View Post
    This an Elv edit ? If not, would you share the UI
    Its an ElvUI Edit with a Few Standalone Addons from LynUI for example