Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    The whole UI is just "one" Mod + oUF/oUF Layout.
    how does one go about adding textures to addons? I have the SharedMedia and all, but where do you get the actual .tga(if thats the right extension)? id like to get a library or smth to update a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitskae View Post
    WIP, stole some ideas, addons, textures, and fonts from people in this thread (Thanks Lyn and kheath812). I am happy with progress so far though. Looking for a better minimap however. Also looking for a better way to display combo points, but I think this will work for now.

AHHHHH and I just realized my left action bar is a pixel too far up.
    Info on bar texture? Would you mind PM'ing them to me? :-)

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/NvbTr

So mines pretty boring compared to many of the really cool custom shit i see in this thread but it makes me happy. Mostly Elvui with some WA's. Skada vanishes after 10 seconds out of combat and the trade/loot window comes back. Pet bar is set to mouse over and the Minimap hide OOC. MSBT only shows crits so i don't get spammed to death by text.

Pet name was due to me stupidly asking someone what to name my pet and getting the reply of "Yourmum" so i went with it.

Oh and the Weakauras are hidden OOC.
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2016-10-31 at 05:45 PM. Reason: To edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/NvbTr

So mines pretty boring compared to many of the really cool custom shit i see in this thread but it makes me happy. Mostly Elvui with some WA's. Skada vanishes after 10 seconds out of combat and the trade/loot window comes back. Pet bar is set to mouse over and the Minimap hide OOC. MSBT only shows crits so i don't get spammed to death by text.

Pet name was due to me stupidly asking someone what to name my pet and getting the reply of "Yourmum" so i went with it.

Oh and the Weakauras are hidden OOC.
    MSBT font is left at default, that should be changed.
    Move the cooldown ready notification text away from the middle, or even remove it.
    And general advice on combat text is to really think whether you need most if it, or if it simply fluff to look good with big numbers.
    How much of it do you actually respond to or make decisions from.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    MSBT font is left at default, that should be changed.
    Move the cooldown ready notification text away from the middle, or even remove it.
    And general advice on combat text is to really think whether you need most if it, or if it simply fluff to look good with big numbers.
    How much of it do you actually respond to or make decisions from.
    I've had the combat text for so long i guess i'm just used to it. Ran without it when 7.1 hit till it was updated and yeah i have no real need for it so will probably just turn it back off again.

Deleted
    Amazing as always! Can't wait to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    how does one go about adding textures to addons? I have the SharedMedia and all, but where do you get the actual .tga(if thats the right extension)? id like to get a library or smth to update a bit.
    You draw them

there is a post on the tuk/elv ui forums that teaches you how to add custom textures to sharedmedia.

So I have been fizzling a bit with my layout - was always a fan of "Duke UI" back in wrath and TBC so I also end up taking the same layout as it was back then.

I'm using ElvUI and Dajova Shared Media and almost nothing else. XIV_Databar is the top bar.

This is with the Thin Border settings and in a raid, showing not that much

This is with the normal pixel border that comes with ElvUI - things to note here is my castbar - it runs ontop of my powerbar. It also shows bet bar and Focus Bar.
    Not depicted is that on the right of the target bar it shows Buffs, just mirroring the debuffs on the left.

WIP, stole some ideas, addons, textures, and fonts from people in this thread (Thanks Lyn and kheath812). I am happy with progress so far though. Looking for a better minimap however. Also looking for a better way to display combo points, but I think this will work for now.

I think the UI is pretty good. The standout being the bar texture. The only things I have issues with are your font choices and your bottom bar. Specifically, i think that you only using the chat font once is criminal. I also don't like how the big font does numbers. I think they are just a little weird and hard enough to read that I wouldn't use them. But honestly the biggest sore thumb is the bar at the bottom if feels cluttered and out of place in lots of ways.

Otherwise, general layout is good.

Been wanting to try out ElvUI, this is my setup so far. Pixil used to post minimal ElvUI configurations, this my attempt to recreate something similar as I was always impressed by his/her work.

Deleted
    Finished rFilter for now.
    http://imgur.com/a/dNX54

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-rFilter.html

It has a seperate config now and is using rButtomTemplate to style the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasx View Post
    Here is my current one. Modified DuffedUI. Using Personal Nameplate and Enemy Nameplates. ( Found myself never even looking at the player and target frame, they on mouseover if I need them. ) All actionbars are on mouseover to the right of chat. WA for CD tracking.
    EDIT: Better screenshot
    I like the party/raid frames. What is it?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Loving the tracker, is there anyway to get that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harizon View Post
    Been wanting to try out ElvUI, this is my setup so far. Pixil used to post minimal ElvUI configurations, this my attempt to recreate something similar as I was always impressed by his/her work.
    Can you share your interface/profiles? Much love

so far on my new UI:

some of this is still photoshop. like the minimap.
    As always with my UI, there is a crap load of WeakAuras hidden that will come out and play for various things.

I'm mainly trying to get an Action Cam layout I can live with. I think I can keep ActionCam on always in that for progress bosses etc, you're gonna be zoomed way out and the shoulder offset becomes almost nothing*. My char will be right next to those DPS timer bars in the pic.

As with KaitUI the idea is that no UI will ever intersect much of your own character on screen. So much beautiful modelling is on your character/gear it's a shame to waste it. And it is an RP game. To achieve that you have to have most UI elements hide on specific conditions (weakAuras basically.. if full HP and not in combat, your HP bar can hide. Same principle for power bar).

* - I'm finding the way Dynamic Cam addon settings out of the box are crazy and a bit motion-sickening. But toned way down it's great (no zoom on any state change: ALL manual zooming, and same shoulder offset for everything except maybe taxi/flying).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    so far on my new UI:

some of this is still photoshop. like the minimap.
    As always with my UI, there is a crap load of WeakAuras hidden that will come out and play for various things.

I'm mainly trying to get an Action Cam layout I can live with. I think I can keep ActionCam on always in that for progress bosses etc, you're gonna be zoomed way out and the shoulder offset becomes almost nothing*. My char will be right next to those DPS timer bars in the pic.

As with KaitUI the idea is that no UI will ever intersect much of your own character on screen. So much beautiful modelling is on your character/gear it's a shame to waste it. And it is an RP game. To achieve that you have to have most UI elements hide on specific conditions (weakAuras basically.. if full HP and not in combat, your HP bar can hide. Same principle for power bar).

* - I'm finding the way Dynamic Cam addon settings out of the box are crazy and a bit motion-sickening. But toned way down it's great (no zoom on any state change: ALL manual zooming, and same shoulder offset for everything except maybe taxi/flying).
    Welp, time to switch UIs...again. Lol

Love the concept and art, great as always Kait.

Very neat, I will definitely give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by harizon View Post

How did you get the text outside of the castbar in ElvUI?

A UI I made for my hunter alt heavily inspired by various Carebear UIs.

Solo:

Party:
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2016-11-01 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    How did you get the text outside of the castbar in ElvUI?
    ElvUI CustomTweaks should be able to do that if I remember correctly