Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    I have always been a fan of the GW2 UI, and this works perfectly for me in both PVE and PVP.

OMG I love this SO much. How can I get this UI? I'm a total UI noob I've been using default elvUI for years now and I really need a change of scenery

This UI is available on curse right here
    w w w.curseforge . com/wow/addons/gw2-ui

(not allowed to post links )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Might not look like much change, but I've made significant progress in packaging my UI as a better all-in-one edit. With my own addon I'm able to load my custom ElvUI tags instead of depending on the outdated Custom Tags addon. Additionally, all the media I use (fonts, statusbars) is loaded through my addon instead of requiring another addon to do it.

I was able to move away from the HeyBarbaruiva Masque skin (which was outdated and required file edits to get working in the first place) and create my own Masque skin of rectangle buttons. Benefit is that there is better highlighting with mouseover and button press, and way more configurable.

My biggest concern in having such small bars for player, target, and focus would be trying to right click on them. Ended up making WeakAura that covers the large HP text for more easy clicking:

Overall pretty happy with it so far. My next big goal is to create my own ElvUI installer which will make sharing much more feasible.
    I've never been much for other peoples or prebuilt UI's..
    But man this looks awesome. A true example of less is more, I'd like to at least give it a shot when its ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I've never been much for other peoples or prebuilt UI's..
    But man this looks awesome. A true example of less is more, I'd like to at least give it a shot when its ready.
    Glad you like it! I was able to fix the installer errors, but now finding some other small issues. Exporting my UI isn't exporting ALL the settings for some reason, so I'm having to manually go through and make sure everything is correct. Very nitpicky work. Hoping to have it done this weekend when I have more time, then will release for testing/feedback.

After few revisions (all posted here) i think that i finally managed to land final version of UI that ill go with into SL.
    Will probably increase Player nameplate visibility a bit higher.

Addons used:
    ElvUI
    Shadow and Light - not mandatory, i use it only for global fonts and Objective frame changes
    Weak Auras - not mandatory, just QoL/Visual things
    Hekili
    Immersion
    DynamiCam

Addons to add:
    DBM - when SL lands.

• To kill overall super minimalism i added class/spec spell animations on Target frame, meaning that for most of spells that you cast Target Frame will have background visual animation of that spell.
    • I've added Target Frame border glow for all classes that have Execute type spell or Covenant ability, colored by class respectively, to easily track executes.
    • Player Frame is actually Player nameplate, so it moves around with character/camera, which i really like.
    • Since Player nameplate is not click trough (right mouse click) by default, i added Player click trough via WA in background of main actionbar.
    • If Player HP goes <25% it changes alpha to 1 and bar color to black, reminding me that i need to heal. Or dash away from combat

Last edited by Gurg; 2020-11-06 at 07:13 AM.

I've been getting KaitUI to work with Elv.

This is my new target frame animation. Trying to keep it subtle because it will trigger a lot.
    The UI is going to feature off the shoulder camera layout, and nice big close up Target 3D portrait (I like seeing the faces)
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2020-11-06 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post

This is my new target frame animation. Trying to keep it subtle because it will trigger a lot.
    The UI is going to feature off the shoulder camera layout, and nice big close up Target 3D portrait (I like seeing the faces)
    Spectacular, as always. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    After few revisions (all posted here) i think that i finally managed to land final version of UI that ill go with into SL.

Addons used:
    ElvUI
    Shadow and Light - not mandatory, i use it only for global fonts and Objective frame changes
    Hekili
    Immersion
    DynamiCam

Addons to add:
    DBM - when SL lands.

• To kill overall super minimalism i added class/spec spell animations on Target frame, meaning that for most of spells that you cast Target Frame will have background visual animation of that spell.
    • I've added Target Frame border glow for all classes that have Execute type spell or Covenant ability, colored by class respectively, to easily track executes.
    • Player Frame is actually Player nameplate, so it moves around with character/camera, which i really like.
    • Since Player nameplate is not click trough (right mouse click) by default, i added Player click trough via WA in background of main actionbar.
    • If Player HP goes <25% it changes alpha to 1 and bar color to black, reminding me that i need to heal. Or dash away from combat

Mind sharing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post

Addons used:
    ElvUI
    Hekili
    Immersion
    DynamiCam

Addons to add:
    DBM - when SL lands.

https://youtu.be/qDOtw5QZ6VU
    I'm not sure that I would use this, or that it is a very functional UI for end game content (I'm thinking very high M+ keys and Mythic raiding); BUT I really like it! You've obviously put a lot of work into it. Honestly, I wish was able to play WoW with a console controller, because this UI seems well suited for that type of playstyle.

Amazing as always. Are you still using stuf for unitframes?

Quote Originally Posted by Toldwood View Post
    Amazing as always. Are you still using stuf for unitframes?
    Thx. No I made it work with Elv frames. Elv can get text and things beyond the bounds of the main frame rectangle, but I couldn't see a way to get the 3D portrait out. For the target I now have it so the 3D Portrait is the actual Elv frame (and the bit you right click), the rest including the HP bar is WeakAuras.

Thx. No I made it work with Elv frames. Elv can get text and things beyond the bounds of the main frame rectangle, but I couldn't see a way to get the 3D portrait out. For the target I now have it so the 3D Portrait is the actual Elv frame (and the bit you right click), the rest including the HP bar is WeakAuras.
    Alternatively, you can use ElvUI Benik's plugin to detach the portraits (resize, remove the background, etc.) , and then use ElvUI's Unit Frames as per normal (where you used WeakAuras instead).

Example: https://imgur.com/a/PmB5ZnU

I just feel this is easier than making WeakAura Unit Frames.

I definitely think it's really interesting with how people are experimenting with player and target UF placements. I like the player unitframe being integrated into the action bar setup at the bottom-middle of the screen while the target UF is northeast of it.

I also do like certain console setups where the player frame is closer to the bottom left side of the screen. It's interesting to experiment with how different and fresh a setup you can execute without losing functionality in high level gameplay (M+/mythic raiding/PvP etc.)

I'm pretty bored of the bog standard setup where the action bars are just below your character the player and target UF are on each respective side. I've also felt like in some situations that real estate portion of the screen is quite important and that certain setup has ended up blocking elements of a fight while raiding. Might not be optimal in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    Alternatively, you can use ElvUI Benik's plugin to detach the portraits (resize, remove the background, etc.) , and then use ElvUI's Unit Frames as per normal (where you used WeakAuras instead).

Example: https://imgur.com/a/PmB5ZnU

I just feel this is easier than making WeakAura Unit Frames.
    Cool, thx! Will very likely use that plugin for other frames.
    For the Target, the WeakAuras is sort of necessary for the animation anyways. Not ideal but often worth it imo :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    I'm not sure that I would use this, or that it is a very functional UI for end game content (I'm thinking very high M+ keys and Mythic raiding); BUT I really like it! You've obviously put a lot of work into it. Honestly, I wish was able to play WoW with a console controller, because this UI seems well suited for that type of playstyle.
    Hey! thank you! Yea, the idea was to use that UI for Shadowlands leveling Immersion and maybe dungeon runs.
    So far i haven't had issue with it in +20 keys, but i guess that's because simply knowing the content more than actually being functional UI.
    Yea, i stripped it down to the max as im playing only melee DPS and most of my spells are layered macros with @ and modifier conditioning, im planning to add usual addons for dungeons/raids once we get SL.

And yes, the plan was to level trough Shadowlands on controller, just finished my setup today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB7yltIhJSM&feature=youtu.be

Video is not the best quality nor am i done with configuring camera scenes, controller and several other things, but 'ey, got a project to keep me busy with all mess that is happening around us.

Planning on sharing this UI Gurg ?

Quote Originally Posted by slits View Post
    Planning on sharing this UI Gurg ?
    seconded! I'd love to try this out on one of my chars the full thing!

the rest including the HP bar is WeakAuras.
    Thanks!
    Will start experimenting

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Glad you like it! I was able to fix the installer errors, but now finding some other small issues. Exporting my UI isn't exporting ALL the settings for some reason, so I'm having to manually go through and make sure everything is correct. Very nitpicky work. Hoping to have it done this weekend when I have more time, then will release for testing/feedback.
    Still looking forward to this a lot

I made an animation for my action bar area that switches back and forth depending if you're in combat or not.

Lot of other stuff here is not done yet (cast bar, buffs/debuffs, etc).