Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Enixz View Post
    sure. it's made entirely in WA.maybe I'll change its layout as well. I hope it ends up being clean.
    Love this, a couple pointers:
    - the centered layout looks cool but what happens if you don't have a target selected?
    - buffs and debuffs are really good looking but you have durations and timers doubled in the icon and bar. Maybe you want to remove one of those.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frame:https://wago.io/CvS_EYsOI
    Timeline:https://wago.io/_FnEJtvuo
    I think 10.0 will make me more motivated to do it.have fun
    I am normally more into graphical UI's but like this a lot, super well done! Is there a way to prevent the icons on the timeline from overlapping?

7+ Year Old Account
    Frame:https://wago.io/CvS_EYsOI
    Timeline:https://wago.io/_FnEJtvuo
    I think 10.0 will make me more motivated to do it.have fun
    Holt shit. Finally for around to look at it. Did you write the code for the timeline? I was sure that it was a dynamic group or something. I really wanted to make one, but wirh short buffs instead. Possible to configure yourself with just a little .lua knowledge?
    I think everybody's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Thanks for the tips and i'm defo gonna check that font

However, i found the issue. The usual culprit is the UI Scale CVAR that is capped at minimum 0.64. The game autimatically scales UIParent to match your screen resolution but also that is apparently capped at 1080p. I tried on a notebook with a standard fullhd monitor and all is fine, on my 1440p it doesn't work because the GetCurrentResolution() method literally returns 1920x1080 even if you're at an higher resolution. This means the UI scale is 0.71 instead of the actual 0.5333 it should be.

fonts.
    So if I'm using ELVUI then I want to make sure the scale is set to 0.5333 during setup ?

Love this, a couple pointers:
    - the centered layout looks cool but what happens if you don't have a target selected?
    - buffs and debuffs are really good looking but you have durations and timers doubled in the icon and bar. Maybe you want to remove one of those.
    no target.

Yes. I just make the debuffs into dynamic groups and it clones all the debuffs. although I'd love to stack the same spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I am normally more into graphical UI's but like this a lot, super well done! Is there a way to prevent the icons on the timeline from overlapping?
    This is WA`s author: https://wago.io/chlTNgi3I/13.
    It's not me.I just made some changes.so I don't know how to prevent the icons from overlapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Holt shit. Finally for around to look at it. Did you write the code for the timeline? I was sure that it was a dynamic group or something. I really wanted to make one, but wirh short buffs instead. Possible to configure yourself with just a little .lua knowledge?
    The original author of this WA`s is not me. It can adjust the buff time rules you need to monitor. buuuuuut there is a problem: the time of the skill cannot be reset after the boss battle.
    Last edited by Enixz; 2022-07-19 at 03:06 AM.

no target.

Yes. I just make the debuffs into dynamic groups and it clones all the debuffs. although I'd love to stack the same spells.
    Ok, looks a lot better. Took some inspiration from your setup to do mine. I have some stuff to finish design yet but i think that i can post an image later on.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    CleanSlate was sick. But for longer CDs I just have a stack to the left, something like this.

That was probably some Range indicator for Mind Flay. I've since added alpha states to the target frame.

Nice! Maybe I should rebuild, I like that haha.
    So great CleanSlate for CDs, perfect for the pixel UI. Do you mind sharing the WA code please?

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello there, fam.

I’m working on a centralized player frame with Maelstrom/castbar and rotation attached to it. I made a quick clip showing the WIP off.

Rotational cooldowns on the left, and primary rotation on the right. The castbar is the bar with the icon closest to the health bar and then the maelstrom bar pops up above that one. The whole UI is RGB 0/0/0 @80% opacity and the whenever something white pops up it indicates importance (— loss of health, reaching maximum maelstrom, procs and so forth.)
    Have a look and tell me what I can do to improve. It might turn out to be a CleanSlate v2.

https://youtu.be/TbQFFx-GUz8

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there, fam.

I’m working on a centralized player frame with Maelstrom/castbar and rotation attached to it. I made a quick clip showing the WIP off.

Rotational cooldowns on the left, and primary rotation on the right. The castbar is the bar with the icon closest to the health bar and then the maelstrom bar pops up above that one. The whole UI is RGB 0/0/0 @80% opacity and the whenever something white pops up it indicates importance (— loss of health, reaching maximum maelstrom, procs and so forth.)
    Have a look and tell me what I can do to improve. It might turn out to be a CleanSlate v2.

https://youtu.be/TbQFFx-GUz8
    Already moved on. Nevermind me. I'm expanding my creativity in the Dragonflight waiting room.

The animations look really cool. The whole black thing not really.

More of a conceptual idea of a UI than anything, based on an immersive experience and random ideas....!

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    More of a conceptual idea of a UI than anything, based on an immersive experience and random ideas....!

-snip-
    I like the bars without a background, just disappearing and off to the side.
    What bossmods are you using?

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbZqQo7lbOQ

CleanSlate V2 WIP.
    Once again sorry for the poor quality.

CleanSlate V2 WIP.
    Wow! This is a completely new direction, with the white borders. Have you tried it in a snow landscape?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow! This is a completely new direction, with the white borders. Have you tried it in a snow landscape?
    Haha. Yeah, I have. It works pretty well. It only shows borders on all unit frames and nameplates then the "lost health" is colored. So everything is inverted. Makes m+ not seem to cluttered. It's quite nice to play with, actually. I need to get a .lua guy to help me out, though. I've created the animated unitframes and castbars, which are centralized, but the nameplates are either inverted (showing only lost health) OR centralized. Those two don't work together for some odd reason.

Since I can't send you the private message, pls take my sincerely thanx.

CleanSlate V2 WIP.
    I would make all the hp bars some pixels thinner.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would make all the hp bars some pixels thinner.
    You mean thinner pixels on the border? They're 1p now. Or you mean smaller in height? Or you mean nameplates?

I use DBM as a base, but skinned with Weak Auras for added customisation options!

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

My UI users have been asking me to re-add blizz gryphons for years now, but I didn't want to mix hi-res and low-res textures. As the result some of them even made WAs for gryphons
    So today I finally drew a custom gryphon, it's even lore-accurate unlike the default one, mine has bird front paws It still requires some tweaking, some shadows/highlights are a bit too strong, but whatevs, there's plenty of time till 10.x.

-- edit #1

Actually, I went ahead and finished it this morning.

Had to redo the animation a bit as well.

Last edited by ls-; 2022-07-28 at 07:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

My UI users have been asking me to re-add blizz gryphons for years now, but I didn't want to mix hi-res and low-res textures. As the result some of them even made WAs for gryphons
    So today I finally drew a custom gryphon, it's even lore-accurate unlike the default one, mine has bird front paws It still requires some tweaking, some shadows/highlights are a bit too strong, but whatevs, there's plenty of time till 10.x.

-- edit #1

Actually, I went ahead and finished it this morning.

Had to redo the animation a bit as well.

this looks so great, very good work...I thought I would use the new Blizz ui with DF but now i don't thinks so lmao