Thread: Post Your UI

Maybe, we'll see. If I do, I'll make a thread on this forum sometime this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would still love to get this as a download, Hoopajoo. Or at least being told the settings. :-)

Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

To those who like the concept: thanks. I've managed to gather a few ideas from people posting here and on youtube and I'll "refactor" everything sometime this week.
    What I'll do is upload a video showing how to create setup icons from scratch.
    • I have a retribution setup but I'm positively worthless as a ret paladin: I've only got about 15mins of experience on it total (I DPS'd magmaw once, otherwise I play prot exclusively). Maybe I could make a simple video showing how to set this up from scratch for one class and then people can follow along for other classes.
    • I have a frost DK set, but I just hit 85 on mine and wouldn't really consider myself good at the whole rune matching, use x,y,z over a,b,c priority thing. I'd need to do some more research because right now I'm just tossing up diseases, using obliterate when I can, and frost strike when I can't. Once I get a feel for "the right way" to play I'll clean it up a bit.
    • I'll likely re-write the DOT timer a bit moving all of the tracking code into an invisible aura so that way you can add/remove/tweak dots by editing a simple text list at the top of a trigger once.
    • It seems to me affliction locks aren't substantially different from any other class I play. They keep up few dots, maybe a babysit a long-term buff, and react to a couple of procs and use 2 or 3 cooldowns regularly. Mine is only level 30-ish so I don't have any end game experience but I don't see any reason why the basic idea couldn't work. Could you go into more detail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    To those who like the concept: thanks. I've managed to gather a few ideas from people posting here and on youtube and I'll "refactor" everything sometime this week.
    I've used some of your ideas for cooldown management and I just want to give some comments about the direction I've gone and how Demonology alerts could work. I think I still prefer the bars for the main rotation though. I couldn't say which is better, but I like being able to sort out which few abilities I'll need next at a glance. The bars keep their same order and I don't need to read numbers only judge by bar size. I do admit it would be nice to see tick count here.

Demonology cooldowns and alerts are a little complicated since you want to use trinket (2m cd), Demon Soul (2m cd), Metamorphosis (variable cd) all at once when they are off cd and you want to summon Felguard 5 seconds before this occurs. You will want to summon the Felhunter again after using a Felguard's Demon Soul and Felstorm. You'll want to refresh Bane of Doom after a tick while Demon Soul is up. Some of these were tricky to figure out and I couldn't get Weak Auras to recognize which pet was out by name, ability, or ability cooldown (I didn't try using lua to check the combat log though since I'm not familiar enough with the syntax.) Power Auras is able to detect the name, but it limited in checking for other things that would be needed, I currently only have the Power Aura text 'Felhunter' shown above the pet as a reminder to switch if in Meta and Felstorm is on cd.

Also, ideally you'll want to hold off Doomguard and Immolation Aura until you have all or most procs up, I haven't integrated these since there are five procs (tailoring, weapon, both trinkets, potion) I'd like to check for and haven't thought of a way to indicate when to use the ability when I'm going to have bad luck and only get some but not all procs up.

This is how I have it set up so far:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3BUmHoiRGA
    Last edited by OOMM; 2011-09-21 at 05:43 PM.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    Really like this Spreist UI... very minimalistic, you should consider uploading =D

Here it is http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1920x1080.html
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Deleted
    Just finished making this. Slightly tweaked from last time.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-21 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekky View Post
    Looks really nice except I'd make the chat box and raid frames the same height as your spells and recount to make it look nicer but thats just me. Also what addon is the one in the top left corner? Seen it in a few UI's but never know what it does or what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekky View Post
    Why is it so huge? there are too many things going on in the middle for me.
    but i dont need to hate on other people if you like you like it.
    "Either you're a noob or a pro. That's life."

I saw Degausser's UI yesterday and got really inspired by his UI, that I decided to try and recreate it with some minor tweaks, so I hoping it turned out okey, there is probably more I could mess around with. So if you see anything that I could change or tweak a bit to make it better, please, feel free to give me suggestions, I welcome it.

Anyway, here is how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Retadino View Post
    /agree to this

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Thanks =DD

Last edited by lawomous; 2011-09-22 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    Apparently so is customizing an interface

<3u tree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernoXV8 View Post
    Looks really nice except I'd make the chat box and raid frames the same height as your spells and recount to make it look nicer but thats just me. Also what addon is the one in the top left corner? Seen it in a few UI's but never know what it does or what it is.
    It is a boss mod exclusive to my guild, based off DXE/KLE, so just download one of them if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Retadino View Post
    I don't normally read what is going on in the middle, so it isn't an issue for me.
    Last edited by mmocad6b7059f6; 2011-09-22 at 06:51 PM.

That Addon on the Top Left is DXE or also KLE (kle was made when dxe stop bringing out updates regularly.) You can Config DXE's boss timers and such and even add new triggers to customize it for your guilds needs.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/deus-vox-encounters/
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Deleted

This is Rekcinad UI in action (with a few modification) bit shit gameplay thoug, hit twice by lava lines>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Degausser View Post
    Any feedback would be good. I just recently decided to care about my UI again, and this is what I came up with.
    If I do decide to go through with the upload (which I hate due to the upkeep), it'll be Degausser Cataclysm v. I or something.

Anyway, on to the screenshots -

Raid combat: http://i.imgur.com/W27cD.jpg
    Raid: http://i.imgur.com/DZ1Fv.jpg
    Idle: http://i.imgur.com/Lgagm.jpg
    Everything open: http://i.imgur.com/2IzIC.jpg
    Idle, with a whisper: http://i.imgur.com/J1506.jpg

Edit: even though I set my console for the picture to be 10/jpeg, it still looks like crap. Any ideas as to why?
    Edit 2: I figured it out. I'll upload better screenshots tomorrow after raid, but this is the gist of it. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
    Hey there, mind sharing what buff-frames you've got there?

I got bored and clean up my UI and this is what happened

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-23 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisis View Post
    Hey there, mind sharing what buff-frames you've got there?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ames.html#info

It looks like DXE to me.

It's a boss mod like Deadly Boss Mods.