Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Heavy borrowing from a great layout posted earlier. Whole UI isn't ready for progress shots yet.

The spacing between your action bars and the other elements isn't consistent. There are 2 pixels between the action bars and your unitframes and cooldown bar while there's only 1 pixel between each action button.

Looks slick though.

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    The spacing between your action bars and the other elements isn't consistent. There are 2 pixels between the action bars and your unitframes and cooldown bar while there's only 1 pixel between each action button.

Looks slick though.
    I've thought this when editing my own UI before, but usually I come to a different conclusion.
    If all aspects of a UI (that are knitted so closely together) are the same distance away from each other, they generally merge into one big blob of info. Having the actionbar spacing a different value to the spacing from other frames allows the actionbars to stay as their own "unit", separate from the rest of the frames.

This is just my opinion though Consistent spacing isn't always a good thing in my eyes

Deleted
    Heavy borrowing from a great layout posted earlier. Whole UI isn't ready for progress shots yet.

If I may assume that layout is mine, I'm interested to see where you go with it! It's perhaps worth pointing out that useful information can be put into text colors; in http://i.imgur.com/214erKL.png, for instance, the name is colored by hostility and the health text is colored by threat status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Your dps meter is a pixel out
    I would put the raid frames below that center part with your cds/castbar
    I would also move the boss frame to ontop of the dps meter and make them "grow up" so they dont overlap

Just my 2c
    Hmm, I like the idea but then what would happen when I raid with more than 10 people? I'll try it out.
    I used to have the boss frames about where you suggested and I almost never even looked at them due to how far out to the edge it was, I am thinking of moving it to be next to my target frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    What DPS meter are you using? I'm using recount but cant figure out how to get rid of the red border and make it look similar to yours. Looks great.
    I use Skada.

Link to folder!

not sure what to do from here. not 100% happy with it. any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Link to folder!

not sure what to do from here. not 100% happy with it. any idea?
    Does it not drive you crazy that your unit frames aren't centered? Because it drives me crazy.

Aside from that, you might benefit from changing your buff bars on the right side of your screen to be icons in the upper right corner instead, so there will be less overlapping UI elements there. Also, if you'll pardon the low-effort mockup, consider doing something like this with the placement of your unit frames and boss timers, to have your most important information closer together to each other and also to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Updated fonts and changed the placement of a few things.
    Any criticism or suggestions would be amazing.

- Supermassiveemptyspace on the top right hand corner makes it feel really unbalanced to me. I like the debuffs being so separate from your buffs though.

- Some of the lettering has shadows and some doesn't.

- Do you need timestamps in chat?

- Also in chat, there is a lot of spammy information going on. Personal preference I know, but those announce addons drive me nuts. We have a raid policy of no announce addons in raid chat/say; that is what Mumble is for.

All-in-all I rather like it! The transparency thing reminds me of QuseUI that I was rocking at the start of MOP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Does it not drive you crazy that your unit frames aren't centered? Because it drives me crazy.

Aside from that, you might benefit from changing your buff bars on the right side of your screen to be icons in the upper right corner instead, so there will be less overlapping UI elements there. Also, if you'll pardon the low-effort mockup, consider doing something like this with the placement of your unit frames and boss timers, to have your most important information closer together to each other and also to your character.
    Doesnt drive me crazy at all

regarding buffs il have a look around it. can you do that with elkbuffbar or do i need a new addon for icons instead of bars?

also rest of your comment, not sure i understand what ur trying to say >.<

Edit: adding to say that im not sitting in the middle infront of the screen. so shit is basically in the centre from my chair but not on the images.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-12-02 at 11:04 PM.

@kittycovox

Looking at the one taken from Siegecrafter in particular.

I would fix the overlapping of buffs and boss frames. It's something that would drive me crazy to look at, I would just change them to icons and stash them in the top right corner growing towards the left. It's not like you really need to pay attention to them anyway what with your WA's and all, it's just redundant information.

Another thing which is also just really nitpicking, change your fonts and textures to something consistent. It's something so little that makes it more aesthetically pleasing. Mainly thinking about your what I assume to be WeakAuras, above your player frame. They have one texture for the actual bar and then another one for the background.

It looks as if you're trying to copy Riggnaros's UI, am I right there? At the very least the general layout.

Also just noticed something else, your DBM seems to be just randomly placed, or am I wrong?

To not JUST "rant", here is an image of what my UI looked like.
    Last edited by Xintic; 2013-12-03 at 12:01 AM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    @kittycovox

Looking at the one taken from Siegecrafter in particular.

I would fix the overlapping of buffs and boss frames. It's something that would drive me crazy to look at, I would just change them to icons and stash them in the top right corner growing towards the left. It's not like you really need to pay attention to them anyway what with your WA's and all, it's just redundant information.

Another thing which is also just really nitpicking, change your fonts and textures to something consistent. It's something so little that makes it more aesthetically pleasing. Mainly thinking about your what I assume to be WeakAuras, above your player frame. They have one texture for the actual bar and then another one for the background.

It looks as if you're trying to copy Riggnaros's UI, am I right there? At the very least the general layout.

Also just noticed something else, your DBM seems to be just randomly placed, or am I wrong?

To not JUST "rant", here is an image of what my UI looked like.

Thanks! things like this i rarerly think of when making a UI. yeah its basically Riggys UI. most times i've been watching his stream in fullscreen it just ends up me thinking i can move around the mouse lol... guess its a UI that fits me to.

the thing above my player frame is actually vexpower, and well.. for some reason the textures in it doesnt seem to be correct names so hard to find the right one.

do you have any good idea of a addon to swap when it comes to the buffs since elkano is only bars.

and regarding DBM. i just dont know where to place them atm.. dont want them in middle since i got WAs and other shit there. and above playerframe is cds..

I believe Raven is the common go-to addon for icon buffs since Satrina Buff Frames stopped being updated. You also have rBuffFrameStyler.

Edit: Upon checking further there's also sBuff2, PhanxBuffs, Aura Frames and probably even more.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2013-12-03 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khadjid View Post
    I believe Raven is the common go-to addon for icon buffs since Satrina Buff Frames stopped being updated. You also have rBuffFrameStyler.

Edit: Upon checking further there's also sBuff2, PhanxBuffs, Aura Frames and probably even more.

hmm i do have raven installed for cooldowns. but Raven sure is a odd addon and hell annoying to find stuff lol. il check the others u linked. cheers bud!

Edit: got around raven quite easy after a quick run to youtube.

Buffs in top corner
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-12-03 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Updated fonts and changed the placement of a few things.
    Any criticism or suggestions would be amazing.

Would love to see a video of this in action!

I think videos are far more accurate to show the benefits of a UI as static pictures can be misleading and some UIs that look beautiful in action actually look poor in a picture.

Deleted
    That reminds me that I have a UI demonstration video that I didn't post:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Looks slick though.
    This is just my opinion though Consistent spacing isn't always a good thing in my eyes
    Yeah, the difference in spacing was intentional. It didn't look "right" with a 1 pixel gap for all of those elements.

If I may assume that layout is mine, I'm interested to see where you go with it! It's perhaps worth pointing out that useful information can be put into text colors; in http://i.imgur.com/214erKL.png, for instance, the name is colored by hostility and the health text is colored by threat status.
    I'll definitely give the hostility and threat coloring a go to see if I like it. Still a lot of WeakAuras and placement issues to sort out first though.

Deleted
    Yeah, the difference in spacing was intentional. It didn't look "right" with a 1 pixel gap for all of those elements.
    Fair enough. If it works, it works.

@Constie
    I god damn love that UI. EventHorizon is a fantastic AddOn if you build around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    That reminds me that I have a UI demonstration video that I didn't post:
    You know, one thing I've particularly noticed in some of your UIs which I think is a clever innovation (at least, I've never seen anyone else do it), is putting your minimap directly over your character with the background/border removed. It's actually surprisingly unobtrusive, but if you really want to see the location of raid members or objectives (when questing) quickly, it's right there.

I'm not sure I use the minimap enough to make that worth it to me, but it's a cool idea.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Would love to see a video of this in action!

I think videos are far more accurate to show the benefits of a UI as static pictures can be misleading and some UIs that look beautiful in action actually look poor in a picture.

I have since changed the layout of my grid and most of the fonts and done some slight touchup all around the UI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    You know, one thing I've particularly noticed in some of your UIs which I think is a clever innovation (at least, I've never seen anyone else do it), is putting your minimap directly over your character with the background/border removed. It's actually surprisingly unobtrusive, but if you really want to see the location of raid members or objectives (when questing) quickly, it's right there.

I'm not sure I use the minimap enough to make that worth it to me, but it's a cool idea.
    I'm sure I got the idea from someone else, but it does work well, yes! It turns out that whenever I would have use for the terrain part of the minimap I'd really rather be looking at the full map instead, and it's quite helpful for gathering and questing in particular, as you say. The Radar addon might be of interest!

Deleted
    My work in progress.. Got the idea of the unit frames from someone else in this thread asking about "text only" UF's. So I finally got some inspiration to go ahead and fiddle with my own.

It is a work in progress though. Need to tweak borders etc. And gonna try to get all random colors to match up better.
    http://i.imgur.com/U932Z8T.jpg

But why is my Skada windows jumping around on every relog? I have a threat and a DPS window. But they jump around when I log out >.<.. I have them locked.