Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    The most recent rendition of my UI.

<snip>
    Are you sure you should have bars for your upper right buff timers, as opposed to text? And am I right in thinking that your damage meter background isn't transparent at all, and OmniCC (or whatever) is using a different font from the rest of the info text you have on your UI frames?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Looks gorgoues

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Are you sure you should have bars for your upper right buff timers, as opposed to text? And am I right in thinking that your damage meter background isn't transparent at all, and OmniCC (or whatever) is using a different font from the rest of the info text you have on your UI frames?
    Wow, nitpicking at its finest. I don't see what benefit I gain from having text instead of bars for my upper right buff bar since all the buffs I need to monitor are included in weakauras and debuffs switch to text at a critical threshold. The omnicc thing is legit though, that's escaped me thus far. Skada background is actually set to be completely transparent, not sure why it appears not to be in the pic.
    Last edited by Inval1d; 2013-12-11 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, nitpicking at its finest. I don't see what benefit I gain from having text instead of bars for my upper right buff bar since all the buffs I need to monitor are included in weakauras and debuffs switch to text at a critical threshold. The omnicc thing is legit though, that's escaped me thus far. Skada background is actually set to be completely transparent, not sure why it appears not to be in the pic.
    It's not good to be defensive about a UI you post. I'm not sure how it was nitpicking when 1. there was no way to know the bars become text at critical thresholds (implying you also consider text to be more readable than bars when it's important), 2. you agree that the OmniCC thing is legitimate and 3. your image incorrectly represents how Skada looks in your UI (again, the fact you actually have it transparent implies you consider transparency to be important also).

So basically everything Constie mentioned was a legitimate issue, which you either agreed with or said that your UI actually does but isn't shown in the image. And then you label it all "nitpicking."

Perhaps you weren't aware, but UIs posted here often get some constructive criticism and that's considered a valid part of this thread. Constie didn't attack your UI with value judgments, so his/her post was perfectly in keeping with that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I wouldn't call it nitpicking, Consti took the time to point out certain inconsistencies that he noticed in your Ui.
    By you mentioning that this is "the most recent rendition" of your Ui, I gather you are familiar with how these threads work. If you don't want feedback then just ignore what people say rather than seem ungrateful for the time they took to give you suggestions.

To keep this post on-topic, if you reeeeeeeaaaaalllly wanna see nitpicking, here you go:
    1. Every bit of scrolling battle text is completely unnecessary. You don't need to know that your targets just took 1242, 1242, 1242, 4141 dmg, etc etc.
    2. You have your own character's name displayed.
    3. Your bar treatment on skada makes no sense compared to how you treated status bars everywhere else in the Ui.
    4. The icons borders in the middle of the ss don't match all the other icon borders.
    5. Your target debuff auras don't line up with the top of the unit frame.
    6. You have inconsistent spacing on pretty much every Ui element.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture

And someone really needs to tell Elv that the health threshold colors in the Ui are vomit-educing.

To end on a positive, I actually don't mine the aura timers as bars.

<3
    Ish

*edit* Shanthi we are totes twinsies
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2013-12-11 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, it's totally just nitpicking about things that don't really matter, yeah. What I'm thinking with the buff bar is just that it would be a little more convenient if, say, you want to know if you can do one more boss pull before your flask runs out, and the timer bar is too small for you to be able to say for sure. It's definitely an edge case, but it would bug me just enough to change it.

Edit: ...If it helps, I didn't think you were overly defensive, at least. Calm down, you guys!
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-11 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Edit: ...If it helps, I didn't think you were overly defensive, at least. Calm down, you guys!
    I'm sure Ishtara was calm. But one twin is always evil, so count on me for that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Wow, really kicked off a bit of a shit storm in my direction here! I apologize nitpicking was probably the wrong word and seems a little hostile, analytical would probably be more suitable! English is not my first language after all so I do apologize.

I wouldn't call it nitpicking, Consti took the time to point out certain inconsistencies that he noticed in your Ui.
    By you mentioning that this is "the most recent rendition" of your Ui, I gather you are familiar with how these threads work. If you don't want feedback then just ignore what people say rather than seem ungrateful for the time they took to give you suggestions.

To keep this post on-topic, if you reeeeeeeaaaaalllly wanna see nitpicking, here you go:
    1. Every bit of scrolling battle text is completely unnecessary. You don't need to know that your targets just took 1242, 1242, 1242, 4141 dmg, etc etc.
    2. You have your own character's name displayed.
    3. Your bar treatment on skada makes no sense compared to how you treated status bars everywhere else in the Ui.
    4. The icons borders in the middle of the ss don't match all the other icon borders.
    5. Your target debuff auras don't line up with the top of the unit frame.
    6. You have inconsistent spacing on pretty much every Ui element.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture

And someone really needs to tell Elv that the health threshold colors in the Ui are vomit-educing.

To end on a positive, I actually don't mine the aura timers as bars.

<3
    Ish

1. Subjective, because you deem it unnecesary doesn't mean I do. I like tracking damage ticks of my ES to see how high it goes with my 4pc.
    2. Subjective. I prefer to have it showing for symmetry.
    3. Also subjective, you can mentally detach things from a concept not everything has to stand in unity. Just because it doesn't fit your style doesn't mean it's bad or wrong.
    4. That's because I've yet had to familiarize myself enough with Weakauras to find an option to change border elements.
    5. Probably the only legit thing you said and something worth looking at.
    6. Subjective and bullshit. The only spacing that doesn't line up is the 25man raid frame setup and that's because I raid 10H and don't give a damn about any raid size larger then that, which is why I didn't bother optimizing it.

To summarize, stop claiming your personal issues with my UI are anything other than subjective. Go try and piss on someone elses parade.

Oh, it's totally just nitpicking about things that don't really matter, yeah. What I'm thinking with the buff bar is just that it would be a little more convenient if, say, you want to know if you can do one more boss pull before your flask runs out, and the timer bar is too small for you to be able to say for sure. It's definitely an edge case, but it would bug me just enough to change it.

I see what you mean, but I generally just hover over the icon to see the exact time on a flask or on food, you get used to it and generally know what position of the bar indicates how much time is left.
    Last edited by Inval1d; 2013-12-11 at 11:07 PM.

I'll keep this short and sweet so that this doesn't derail any further.
    None of my points were subjective.
    Each and every issue I pointed out is either a design consistency flaw or something that makes the Ui less functional.
    It has nothing to do with my "style" and whether or not your Ui fits into my own taste.
    (Lyn's style is completely opposite of mine and I still appreciate the good design in Lyn's interfaces)

Lastly, I have no "personal issues" with your Ui.
    I just find it hilarious that you want to post a picture and then completely ignore almost every suggestion people make because you don't want to admit they have a point.

And there are indeed spacing issues, but you don't like it when people try to help you so I will let you find them on your own.
    I wouldn't want to "piss on your parade" anymore lol.

Okay Tree, I done, I promise

Deleted
    Sometimes I wish people spent this much effort telling me what I can improve on my UI

cough cough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Sometimes I wish people spent this much effort telling me what I can improve on my UI

cough cough
    Well, I kind of did, once. Here is an effort post on UI design, and going by it you might for example get rid of your combat text and put your boss frames closer to the center of your screen, and make your raid frames smaller.

Skullflower's UI w/ some WeakAuras that I copied off the rogue in the guild Ascendance's kill videos. No idea how to thumbnail so just going to link.

http://i.imgur.com/95WzzjF.jpg

Mistweaver Chi tracker

*EDIT* decided to merge the two spec videos, and added BM spec

Raid frames on my shaman (same UI setup):
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2013-12-31 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Skullflower's UI w/ some WeakAuras that I copied off the rogue in the guild Ascendance's kill videos. No idea how to thumbnail so just going to link.

http://i.imgur.com/95WzzjF.jpg
    That is one big damage meter. I would definitely consider scaling that down.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Raid frames on my shaman (same UI setup):
    Haha I love it. Too bad Chi 4 and 5 are "in the air" though.
    Care to share what you came up with for other classes?

I'll keep this short and sweet so that this doesn't derail any further.
    None of my points were subjective.
    Each and every issue I pointed out is either a design consistency flaw or something that makes the Ui less functional.
    It has nothing to do with my "style" and whether or not your Ui fits into my own taste.
    (Lyn's style is completely opposite of mine and I still appreciate the good design in Lyn's interfaces)

Lastly, I have no "personal issues" with your Ui.
    I just find it hilarious that you want to post a picture and then completely ignore almost every suggestion people make because you don't want to admit they have a point.

And there are indeed spacing issues, but you don't like it when people try to help you so I will let you find them on your own.
    I wouldn't want to "piss on your parade" anymore lol.

Okay Tree, I done, I promise
    Every single one of your points was subjective and biased by your negative opinion of myself. All you did was argue that things which you consider less "functional" to be BAD or WRONG which they aren't since a sense of functionality comes down to the individuals perspective and since you decided there are spacing flaws rather than point out a single one other than the debuff one I will consider you full of shit.

And as I stated at the beginning of my previous post I wasn't trying to be defensive, my choice of words was poor for which I apologized. I was rather impressed if anything else by attention to detail Constie showed, even if I completely failed to project that. I actually went and looked at every point he made to either fix (the CD timers) or double check that I wasn't mistaken myself as with the Skada background.

I appreciate people trying to point things out, but the entire intention of your post was to shame and belittle which is why I respond in a toxic manner to toxicity you spew in your posts.

Deleted
    Alright people, if you post your UI in this thread you're pretty much acknowledging that you might get some sort of reaction/feedback to it. You may then proceed to ignore said feedback or argue with the person giving said feedback, but something I won't tolerate here is baseless personal attacks.

Assume good faith and argue on that basis, please, and I won't have to bring out the hammer.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-12-12 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    I appreciate people trying to point things out, but the entire intention of your post was to shame and belittle which is why I respond in a toxic manner to toxicity you spew in your posts.
    Actually his post was perfectly fine. Ishtara is one of the most respected members of the UI community and has been for years, claiming he's full of shit is one of the most baseless insults I've ever seen in my years of using the internet. For what it's worth, I see those spacing issues as well.

While I'm doing an offtopic post anyway, I'll ask a somewhat obvious question to some... Is there a way to add fixed dimensions to the img tag? It'd be convenient if I could keep linking directly to my image and not have them break the dimensions of the post.

Depending on what imagehisting service you use, follow this guide.

Don't know if there's some bb code available to users to resize images.

EDIT: i made an imgur account, quality isn't super but it works good and it's easy to use.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-12-12 at 02:09 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.