Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Another thread mentioned circles, so, just for yu(c)ks, here's something I thought was a good idea in 2007: http://i.imgur.com/24gByIN.png

Let's never go back to when before Transmogrification was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartcorgis View Post
    s15.postimg.org/x0244sn2h/Wo_WScrn_Shot_121613_022621.jpg

Did some redesigning after browsing the last couple of pages. Took some elements from iKrow's UI... but then again it's pretty hard to make a simple UI using ElvUI that looks apart.

Edit: Still can't decide whether I like the Ember Master proc (next to my unitframe) to be the a bit larger than the unitframe for visibility or if I should just make it the same height.
    Consider moving your cast bar and things up, like so: http://i.imgur.com/Zny62cn.png

I also think that pixel font is pretty hard to read, though your mileage may vary. Marke Eigenbau is my favorite!
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-16 at 12:19 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What "dps" meter is that?
    Any other standalone addons youve got in there that arent just Zorks default st00f?
    AlDamageMeter rThreat Skin

From the screenshot there's no other addons that are used. Other addons I have installed are Zygor, BigWigs and WeakAuras. As well as my own 'Stuff' Addon that contains minor tweaks I've made over the years.

I tried to work over my text-only untiframes, but unfortunately due to limitations of the game and other various things, i'm scrapping the concept off. There's too much work to make it fully functional and it's actually simply worse in visibility/readability compared to standard statusbars.

The good news is that the base structure can be used with textures/graphic fonts (like in my early screenshots) and look really good because it lets me do things that a standard statusbar doesn't let me do. I think i can put up something more good looking and more functional - i hope to do it this evening already.

EDIT: hardest thing to do is to choose if i want to use actual textures or fonts; first option gives me no size limit and better artwork - the second one gives me much easier management, outline and shadows. Also there are many dingbats with very cool artwork.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-12-16 at 10:27 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch, Constie! Gonna give it a shot - I was never quite happy with the pixel font when it came to actually reading it, but I thought it looked the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil
    [...] The good news is that the base structure can be used with textures/graphic fonts (like in my early screenshots) and look really good because it lets me do things that a standard statusbar doesn't let me do. I think i can put up something more good looking and more functional - i hope to do it this evening already.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with. Loved the idea of the class colored shadow.
    Last edited by mmoc6f701623f5; 2013-12-16 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Currently running with this, not sure where to go or what to change.

Also, imgur quality downgraded? :/

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Loved the idea of the class colored shadow.
    Yeah, i will definitely keep that since it looks definitely cool - i'm looking for dingbats that could look good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    it's actually simply worse in visibility/readability compared to standard statusbars.
    This is an unfortunate truth when it comes to text-only (or primarily) UIs - for the human brain, interpreting text is more work than interpreting simple shapes or colors. The most functional possible UI is one that only uses text where the information provided by simple shapes and colors alone isn't sufficiently precise. (In my opinion, anyway...)
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-16 at 12:46 PM. Reason: i god unglish

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    This is an unfortunate truth when it comes to text-only (or primarily) UIs - for the human brain, interpreting text is more work than interpreting simple shapes or colors. The most functional possible UI is one that only uses text where the information provided by simple shapes and colors alone isn't sufficiently precise. (In my opinion, anyway...)
    I agree with this. That's why if yopu look at this thread which is around by quite a long time, UIs tend to go minimalist and not much graphic. Fortunately i found a way to improve graphic (would it be text or textures) without impacting on the "cleariness" of a minimalistic UI (at least i hope to).

EDIT: to have text clear enough you need it big and shot (like HP% and not the actual number).

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Yeah it downscales/reduces quality for pictures over 2mb in size, I think.

Deleted
    So.. With the feedback from Constie, this is what I've come up with!

(Don't mind the pet bar - it's on mouseover now)

Still open to suggestions though :-)
    Last edited by mmoc6f701623f5; 2013-12-16 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Fixed the image - sorry!

Nice! I'd fix the font for auras, chat and the bottom-right meters, so all the UI will look more consistent.

EDIT: back from work, login servers suck bad in EU and i cannot log into any game :P

So.. With the feedback from Constie, this is what I've come up with!

(Don't mind the pet bar - it's on mouseover now)

Still open to suggestions though :-)
    I was going to make a recommendation similar to Constie's (but he beat me to it). My own lock "hud" is like so:

There's those gross unit frames again! Anyway, I like your new setup a lot more than the last. Auras in the middle look great too. I would fix the fonts for some consistency though. Also, some of those auras look like they are using the %p tag and others, the cooldown spiral to show time left. I'd pick one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what I'm doing anymore ;-;
    Here are some more UF ideas.

Also, could anyone give me tips on how to properly work Reflux. I do a /reflux save and when I copy the WTF folder over to a new character, the /reflux switch Rainbow command basically isn't showing that I saved any addons.
    Last edited by KiwiFails; 2013-12-16 at 06:40 PM.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    I wouldn't recommend using a pixel font for chat. They're more readable at small sizes and thus good for when you have texts that are competing for space and in some sense static, but chat isn't that kind of text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    I have no idea what I'm doing anymore ;-;
    Here are some more UF ideas.

Also, could anyone give me tips on how to properly work Reflux. I do a /reflux save and when I copy the WTF folder over to a new character, the /reflux switch Rainbow command basically isn't showing that I saved any addons.
    I'm not a huge fan of your second example, it makes the unitframes look very narrow. The others are good though, all of them. 1-1 is perhaps a little boring for what I think you're trying to accomplish.

I wouldn't recommend using a pixel font for chat. They're more readable at small sizes and thus good for when you have texts that are competing for space and in some sense static, but chat isn't that kind of text.
    bt it look sic doe
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2013-12-16 at 07:39 PM.

I really like the 2-2 and 3-3. I feel like it keeps with the "splash of color" thing going on. I had to come out of forever-lurk status just to say how much I'm loving how this is turning out.
    toksitokobo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    bt it look sic doe

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post

(I'm done, don't worry.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of your second example, it makes the unitframes look very narrow. The others are good though, all of them. 1-1 is perhaps a little boring for what I think you're trying to accomplish.
    Yea, I don't like any of them ):

(I'm done, don't worry.)
    Hmm, I made a profile at the beginning and just added the DBs from the addons TOC files. But I'm guessing that was wrong, hah.

EDIT: Another dumb idea from me.

Last edited by KiwiFails; 2013-12-16 at 09:30 PM.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted

Any ideas for raid frames? I don't like Grid that much since I can't get rid of the space in between the squares if you know what I am talking about. I want something similar to ElvUI's raid frames (only the design, not the functionality). Thanks!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-12-16 at 11:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    I started to link you to the addon on wowinterface and it seems Caellian has pulled all his addons from the site wtf?
    A bit of a delayed response on my part but yes, that's what I noticed when I went to get it. I find I can make due with alternatives to plenty of addons, but that's one that I really liked. I wonder why he took them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Currently running with this, not sure where to go or what to change.

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/cVXHHdo.jpg?1"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cVXHHdol.jpg?1[IMG][URL]

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/2CwT3NX.jpg?1"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2CwT3NXl.jpg?1[IMG][URL]
    Liking everything about this except the location of the raid frames. I don't know what raiding is like these days, but as a paladin myself, I liked having them centered, below the unit frames, so that if there was a need for a HoS, HoP, HoF, LoH, etc, the raid frames were right there as opposed to needing to go all the way to a far edge, taking your attention away from what is going on. Might not even matter these days though. /shrug
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2013-12-16 at 11:37 PM.