Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesteh View Post
    Any ideas for raid frames? I don't like Grid that much since I can't get rid of the space in between the squares if you know what I am talking about.
    You can get rid of that space by changing the "Spacing" (in the bottom section of the Layout tab) to 0.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    I don't know if it's been fixed since then, but when I last had occasion to use Grid I was annoyed by it not letting me reduce the spacing between frames quite as much as I wanted, and a workaround for that is detailed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I don't know if it's been fixed since then, but when I last had occasion to use Grid I was annoyed by it not letting me reduce the spacing between frames quite as much as I wanted, and a workaround for that is detailed here.
    Ah okay. I've never attempted to set it 0 and I wasn't in game, so I just assumed you could. I didn't realize "0" leaves space for borders, whether you use borders or not.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Liking everything about this except the location of the raid frames. I don't know what raiding is like these days, but as a paladin myself, I liked having them centered, below the unit frames, so that if there was a need for a HoS, HoP, HoF, LoH, etc, the raid frames were right there as opposed to needing to go all the way to a far edge, taking your attention away from what is going on. Might not even matter these days though. /shrug
    I agree. I raid in a 10man setting currently, and the raid frames are much more to the center for that very purpose.

Other UI's with class crests

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Care to share what you came up with for other classes?

I'll probably never finish those last 4 to be honest...the way Weak Auras loads some of these models makes me sad. Not to say the others are complete, though. I tinker with them everyday.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-03-03 at 11:49 AM. Reason: quality check

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Watch @ 1080p, and its almost like playing on my pc

I'll probably never finish those last 4 to be honest...the way Weak Auras loads some of these models makes me sad. Not to say the others are complete, though. I tinker with them everyday.
    Those are INCREDIBLE! WOW!
    I really REALLY like the Balance Druid one

This in some incredible work man.
    I've always been looking for a way to bring the awesome spell effects of the game in front of the UI so that one can better enjoy them while playing and you've done it in a fantastic way.

I'll probably shoot you some more questions in MP but to begin with, did you grab all the spell effects ingame or did you tailor some of them?

Single most impressive use of weakauras I've ever seen. Do more with warrior!

I'll probably shoot you some more questions in MP but to begin with, did you grab all the spell effects ingame or did you tailor some of them?
    I know you PM'd me about this, but more people who use Weakauras should know this. Most of the spell effects are in-game, but oddly enough more than half of them aren't displayed in the lists when choosing a new model. So I use this little program called WoW Model Viewer. It lets me see and find the file path of certain spell models I want instead of using WeakAuras' infuriatingly clunky interface. So I just find what I want and tweak it to be more shiney!

As for the aura strings, I can put them up on pastebin maybe if enough people show interest, but the crests you would all have to make yourselves or get them from me. I made them pretty easily though from the images on WoWwiki though. Then you'd have to tweak them to your resolution. I play on 1920x1080.

*update - Apparently, this guy on youtube HATES all of them. It stung a little but everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2013-12-17 at 04:12 AM. Reason: update

Let me the first to say that guy is dumb. If you are sharing the crests, I will shoot you a PM!

Initially, I wasn't going to share anything, but you guys have melted my frozen heart. Plus I hate those type of guys on Youtube. "Sorry no sheets, played by ear" - selfish!

Hopefully I did it right and these are the links for the class crests:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a30bf44l4...D-/Custom%20UI

Weakauras uses the .tga format for textures, so its not some spyware stuff if you are unfamiliar. I'm not claiming that any of these are the best quality image of the crests out there but it looks good enough for me. I forget which is which but the difference between the CREST and the ICON is one is just like the other except it has a runic backplate behind it, which looks better in my opinion.

1)For those of you that might use these, before anything, back up your WTF folder, cause if you load a model incorrectly, WA will spaz out and corrupt your auras and its a pain in the ass to fix. Don't come crying to me if you skip this step.

2)If that doesn't bother you, I recommend making a new folder in your interface>addons folder, something like custom UI. Put the crests in that folder. In-game, load up WA - new texture, and you can use the shortcut filepath \\interface\addons\custom ui\NAME_OF_ICON.tga

3)Whatever crest you loaded should appear kinda see through. That's okay, you can fix that by clicking on the COLOR box, then pulling the slide bar all the way up to the positive sign (+) and that should be it.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make it all simple so my PM box isn't flooded with questions again. I'll still be lurking on the forums
    though.

Weakauras import strings
    WARLOCK - DESTRUCTION http://pastebin.com/E3FMgyrv

WARLOCK - AFFLICTION http://pastebin.com/VArcZSJ5

UNENDING RESOLVE http://pastebin.com/UZeF206T

Priest Evangelism stacks Sound files
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v9dbizzdwm7hhqr/wtYHz98Use
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2013-12-17 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added pastebin links

da fuck? those weakauras a f*ckin gorgeous!! keep up with that (shammy!!!) XD

*update - Apparently, this guy on youtube HATES all of them. It stung a little but everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    It's quite telling that his comment barely even makes sense :-) Just laugh it off, the truth will out.

Thanks a lot for sharing man.

There's a very good video by Touchy on importing custom textures with WA... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJa8sgA4udQ

Thanks a lot for sharing man.

There's a very good video by Touchy on importing custom textures with WA... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJa8sgA4udQ
    hey kaytemoss... any updates on your hexxtra ui and a "release-date"? :P

Great work for sure. I find them too distracting for my tastes, but they look really, really good.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    hey kaytemoss... any updates on your hexxtra ui and a "release-date"? :P
    Haha I knew I'd get caught if I started posting there ^^
    Will release something this week

Meanwhile, you'll find the code for the totems WeakAuras in this pastebin

Haha I knew I'd get caught if I started posting there ^^
    Will release something this week

Meanwhile, you'll find the code for the totems WeakAuras in this pastebin
    i visit this thread at least twice a day to see news/updates on the ui.. ^^

woha, thanks for those auras, you made a lil' fat panda very happy!!! :P

Tempest could you possibly elaborate a bit more on your ui and maybe show a raid setting. I'm trying to free up screen space but I always fail at finding a good way to handle the loss of over 40binds on my screen.