Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Some variant of Hooge, I think.
    Thanks. Doing a Google image search, "hooge 05_55 Cyr2" seems to be the one. Or extremely close to the one.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2014-08-04 at 09:33 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Arborus i'm not really familiar with those addons, but i love your unit frames, is there any export string type thing you could, and would be willing to, share?

Deleted
    This thread makes me all kinds of happy. Especially the fact that Led++ and Lyn are posting.

Here's what I'm probably going to be fine-tuning for my mage when I start playing more again. I based it off something I made in 2012, which I probably ripped off from a bunch of Led screenshots I found.
    i3.minus.com/iQw1zXbBxAJbT.jpg

To do list: Combat text, make a new texture for the frames/DoT timers/castbars, Boss timers, figure out what I want to do with the nameplates.

And for kicks, here's a massive dump of (most of the) UIs I've made since TBC up until about six months ago, because I used to make a bunch of wacky things.
    imgur.com/a/lULHf

Bonus text-only UI mock-up that I made when I was feeling masochistic and missing my Typography classes:
    i3.minus.com/izu9njFvukRAi.jpg
    damn there are some really awesome UIs, i don't know if i could play with something that minimalistic but it really looks awesome!
    that ranged dps ui you mentioned to recreate, i'd try it :P

Deleted
    This thread makes me all kinds of happy. Especially the fact that Led++ and Lyn are posting.

Here's what I'm probably going to be fine-tuning for my mage when I start playing more again. I based it off something I made in 2012, which I probably ripped off from a bunch of Led screenshots I found.

To do list: Combat text, make a new texture for the frames/DoT timers/castbars, Boss timers, figure out what I want to do with the nameplates.

Bonus text-only UI mock-up that I made when I was feeling masochistic and missing my Typography classes:
    i3.minus.com/izu9njFvukRAi.jpg
    This is absolutely fantastic. I'd probably hide or center the action bars though, they seem a little out of place to me.

Deleted
    New (priest) alt, new UI.
    Started with something completely different, but then I had the idea for this B/W UI (while crawling out of bed one far too early morning, so I guess it still counts as 'it came to me in a dream'?). Probably too filigree to ever be practical in raids or cluster-f*** PvP, but juuust right for a bit of relaxed questing...

Idle

UFs & Minimap

Click here for hot Draenei on Satyr action!

Unit frames are self-explanatory, I guess. Had to jump through some hoops to counter the lack of class and reaction colors. A ! behind a target's name means it'll probably go right for your face for example. The mirrored bars below the UFs are for player cast and GCD.
    And as in my previous UI I use Stuf's custom text to indicate important de/buffs, DOTs, etc. in the middle. The symbols are effectively pixel font characters I recently started making with this brilliant little web app, because the regular special characters I used before where beginning to feel too limited for toons other than my arcane mage (and what does that tell us? ).
    Here's an ingame test of my current naaru and pseudo-draenic 'alphabets'. It's good to have options, right?

@ Kaitain
    Looks great (as always)! Definitely like the move to a more open layout.
    Feels like there's a bit of a disconnect between the lower and middle frames though, because former go with the theme of 'glowing' outlines while latter stay with the usual black ones. Doesn't look bad, but something I immediately wondered about. Though maybe I'm just biased because of *points at screenshots above*

@ Everlu
    Very nice collection you got there! Makes me jelly when I think about the firstly terrible, then terribly similar UIs I produced in that time frame.

Oh, and here's one more for the 'one day in the future I'll design a pure text UI' club!

Kyuo I appreciate the suggestion, but that bar exists purely to tell me if the spells I care about are on cooldown. My brain doesn't like the idea of not being able to check on the fly or simply be notified when spells come off cooldown, so I have that bar. All my binding bars are hidden, though.

Kurokawa I think that's probably the best or only way someone could do a black and white UI. I do agree it probably wouldn't be too practical outside of leveling/questing, but I'd be interested in seeing a party layout for it. Love your work on the icons, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokawa View Post
    New (priest) alt, new UI.
    Oh, and here's one more for the 'one day in the future I'll design a pure text UI' club!
    Love the icons : )! Edit: I need more coffee

-paese
    Last edited by PinkSquare; 2014-08-05 at 02:59 AM.

I really like it. The pixel font fits (even though, you know, I don't really like them on big screens). The colors are nice.

I personally like these two of yours:

- Even though, everything is on the bottom.
    - that is some cool shit. With WA you could do something like Kaitain always do .. something flashy
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Kyuo I appreciate the suggestion, but that bar exists purely to tell me if the spells I care about are on cooldown. My brain doesn't like the idea of not being able to check on the fly or simply be notified when spells come off cooldown, so I have that bar. All my binding bars are hidden, though.
    I figured as much, I love the UI either way. Makes me want to go back to making minimalistic interfaces again.

The soul shard counter is really cool in this. Like a cleaned up version of the default display. I assume the diagonal bar to the left of the player frame is the pet frame? Very aesthetically pleasing UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    The soul shard counter is really cool in this
    That's something I also plan for the new oUF layout I am working on. Really like the idea.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    @ Everlu:

I already love it tbh, like Lyn said, the textures are good. The colors are vibrant and easy to notice. The layout is simple but effective (though I'd love to see a party or raid shot). Though perhaps those important cooldowns could be shown in another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    The soul shard counter is really cool in this. Like a cleaned up version of the default display. I assume the diagonal bar to the left of the player frame is the pet frame? Very aesthetically pleasing UI.
    Thanks! I made custom textures in Photoshop for NibPointDisplay; that's all it is.

@ Led
    http://i.imgur.com/oEEeHXu.jpg
    This is an old screenshot that shows what the current version looks like in party, more or less. Raids are the same except the unit frames are much less wide (10-man is 2x5, 25-man is 5x5). Definitely a DPS-only UI.
    Last edited by Everlu; 2014-08-05 at 08:15 PM.

The thing that weirds me out on your UIs is how far apart the player & target unitframes are. I like to not have to move my head/eyes to much to look at info. But what do i know :|

Quick video from tonight with those newer unit frames in action. Still not entirely happy with some of the layout. I'll probably end up moving the target cast bar so it's on top of the power bar.

Deleted
    Thanks! I made custom textures in Photoshop for NibPointDisplay; that's all it is.

@ Led
    http://i.imgur.com/oEEeHXu.jpg
    This is an old screenshot that shows what the current version looks like in party, more or less. Raids are the same except the unit frames are much less wide (10-man is 2x5, 25-man is 5x5). Definitely a DPS-only UI.
    Yeah I saw that 1. Reminds me of an old UI.

Still, if you just use Grid for party and raidframes, and perhaps switch target and player frame (personal opinion) and use more vibrant colors (like the other you linked). This could be a great healer UI. I was a click healer and mouseover healer in my days so my target was always the boss anyway. Then you sort off get a target/raid layout like https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...611_214805.jpg . Which imo shows everything necessary close to each other. Boss health for things like 20% enrages and shit, easy accessible raidframes, etc.

Deleted
    I posted a screenshot of this UI earlier in the thread, but not this video that I found for Everlu last night, and I'm going to share it because I think it's pretty good:

If I remade it today I would try to have Lightweave and stuff like that tracked by EventHorizon instead of the player buff frame if I could get that to work reasonably well (i.e. without having to add five extra bars with no other functions). I'd like the boss frame placement to be less arbitrary but I'm not sure where it should go, the target name text looks silly when my cast bar isn't there but I'm not sure what a better solution would be, some of the combat text is only visible because I was using the same MSBT profile for healing (and I think I'd like the incoming damage to be closer to my health bar), and the target debuff frame should maybe possibly be disabled. But other than that I'm pretty happy with how that worked.

Edit: Also Grid mana bars should probably have been disabled for Shadow.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-08-06 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Yeah I saw that 1. Reminds me of an old UI.

Still, if you just use Grid for party and raidframes, and perhaps switch target and player frame (personal opinion) and use more vibrant colors (like the other you linked). This could be a great healer UI. I was a click healer and mouseover healer in my days so my target was always the boss anyway. Then you sort off get a target/raid layout like https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...611_214805.jpg . Which imo shows everything necessary close to each other. Boss health for things like 20% enrages and shit, easy accessible raidframes, etc.
    Oh yeah, that looks excellent. I use a completely different setup for healing that's somewhat similar to what you suggested.

I decided yesterday to scrap the DPS thing though because I miss having everything grouped together. Also just purchased new monitors, and that's always an excuse to do a new UI >_>

I'll give the cooldown line style thing a shot, but I'm not sure if it will work with my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Quick video from tonight with those newer unit frames in action. Still not entirely happy with some of the layout. I'll probably end up moving the target cast bar so it's on top of the power bar.

Are those DBM timers on the left? They look amazing Also WA bars for serpent sting and beast cleave above the unitframe am i right? CAn you post the strings for your WA?

They're VEM timers that I modded a DBM skin for.

Here's my WeakAuras strings

Deleted
    Build a cursor castbar mod today.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ssCastbar.html
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2014-08-06 at 11:03 PM.