Thread: Post Your UI

Edit; I remade the picture to thumbnails so you can get a fullsize when you click them

Here is my ui. It is a moded version of the classic ui focused on pvp but works just as good in pve.

Idle with chat bubble

Idle with target, using unit frame with class colors but still keeping that classic look.

When important cooldowns or crowdcontrol abiltys are used they will show up and replacing the potrait on the unit frames.

Using Defuse font as combat text

It shows a castbar above hostile players head, even if you dont have them as your current target.

Last edited by Deshi; 2014-10-04 at 06:55 PM.

nice Deshi, any download available?

Deleted

Looking for some criticism and/or ideas.

Deleted
    I like that more, modernist, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xZora View Post
    How long does it take to setup a UI like this? Do you have any packaged compilations for this somewhere? It's so gorgeous.
    Thanks! Not very long if you know what you want to do and how to do it, although of course that applies to most things. No compilations - they're a bunch of extra work to put together, and I tend to just delete my Interface and WTF folders when I feel like doing something new - but if you look here you can see some different takes on the concept, with addon lists.

Just finished, or well, almost, on a fresh UI of mine for my feral, think it could still do with a little tweaking, but the basic Idea is there, open for crit / ideas.

Feral Meme machine

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Just finished, or well, almost, on a fresh UI of mine for my feral, think it could still do with a little tweaking, but the basic Idea is there, open for crit / ideas.
    I would make the raid frames smaller and not stretch across the entire bottom of the screen. Makes it annoying, for me at least, to have to scan such a large area to see everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    How in the world do you know what you are casting? The problem with UI(s) like this is the ability not to see your abilities. For newcomers to a class or people that struggle to memorize things properly this isn't good. It seems like you would need a LOT of experience and know-how of your keybindings, which would take 5+ months I'm sure.
    I see so much wrong with this post it hurts? Especially the 5 months to learn Keybinds? It takes me a few dungeons/bg's to completely memorize them on new characters. As far as experience goes, that's what leveling does? UI's don't require any experience.

OT: I really enjoy seeing Birgs UI's. Keep them coming!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Edit; I remade the picture to thumbnails so you can get a fullsize when you click them

Here is my ui. It is a moded version of the classic ui focused on pvp but works just as good in pve.

Idle with chat bubble

Idle with target, using unit frame with class colors but still keeping that classic look.

When important cooldowns or crowdcontrol abiltys are used they will show up and replacing the potrait on the unit frames.

Using Defuse font as combat text

It shows a castbar above hostile players head, even if you dont have them as your current target.

U could upload it? seems very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    I would make the raid frames smaller and not stretch across the entire bottom of the screen. Makes it annoying, for me at least, to have to scan such a large area to see everyone.
    Yeah I can see how it would be annoying, however I haven't really built this up as a multipurpose UI (role wise) and the most I'm going to look at it is when someone needs a res, (to which I have a weakaura to alert me if it's off cooldown) so yeah, I appreciate that It's definatley more artsy than it is practical, and unorthodox, but It's just not something that is in frequent use, and I don't feel deserves a large amount of screen space as a result.
    Feral Meme machine

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    I like it. very unusual placement of stuff which makes it kinda cool. I would change the Border of the debuffs (Rip etc) because it looks like some of them have 1px other have grey 3px or so.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedMe View Post
    U could upload it? seems very nice

As soon as I can I will upload it with my settings =) gonna check with addons aouthors first if im allowed to share it as an upload !

Meanwhile you can dowlooad the original Ui called rufios ui, it has a different setup when it comes to combat text , chat and castbars (this can be fixed with prat 3.0 and tidyplates) , also dont forget to download squidmod if u want to change the gryffons to your class crest ( use /squid for a list of commands )

links : Rufio ui http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIClassic.html
    squidmod: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aficPatch.html

Deleted
    Adjustments. Colors not final.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post

Looking for some criticism and/or ideas.
    1. Do you need to see your own portrait? I can see uses for this for target --especially in PvP-- but not many for player.

2. Turn off timestamps on chat. Log your chat if you need timestamps!

3. Add a border --maybe kgPanel?-- to your Maelstrom Stacks. The don't fit with the rest of the UI. Maybe even make them a unified color? Up to you.

4. Set your nameplate name shortening to the same as your unitframes. R.T. Dummy shows on unitframes and should also be showing on nameplates.

5. Use SorhaQuestLog for your quest objectives to unify your theme.

6. Take off number and percentage on your damage meter. Useless information, really.

I really like the way that this is set up but with minor tweaks it could be much better.
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-10-05 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Link and spacing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Adjustments. Colors not final.
    damn. minimalistic on another level.

have you considered adding a translucent background to the compass castbar at all? As is it looks a little too ephemeral when compared to the neat corners and borders of the rest of the frames.

clarification: i mean an additional background more opaque than the one zork already uses, and which sits on the same axis as the actual statusbar portion.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-10-05 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Here is mine, WIP as always.
    weakauras needs to go or look better because I'm not happy with it

abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_100514_1945sda.jpg

Here's mine:

SuperVillain UI

Last edited by Munglunch; 2014-10-06 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munglunch View Post
    Here's mine:

SuperVillain UI

Very very cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Munglunch View Post
    Here's mine:

SuperVillain UI

While that's not specifically my taste, it's still pretty incredible how well done it is, and I love all the little touches, like the text on the minimap and the "Henchmen" thing for configurations. Really impressive piece of work.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.