Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    The biggest "issue" with this UI is that I play too many alts, and I'd want something equally cool for all of them!

As someone else stated, very awesome to see that people are starting to add back some artwork to their UIs after the I-can-be-more-minimal-than-you phase. This appears to be a great example of form meets function.
    Yeah, I have some ideas but that unit frame art is going to look odd with something like a pink paladin healthbar. Will have to see what I can pull off >.>

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Those types of things require creating or finding custom graphics and using them within Weak Auras (instead of using one of the graphics that come with the package, inputting the file path to your custom graphic in the path name input box for a texture).
    This is exactly what I've done. The center "artwork" you see there is actually found here. After a crash course in GIMP (freeware Photoshop), I cropped it out, fiddled with it some and then imported it using weakauras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I came up with a good way to display target name text (make it only pop up temporarily when you switch targets), so here's a video:

Nice idea, but I couldn't handle not having a cast bar showing.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-11-07 at 11:03 AM.

Here is a raid shot showing the raid frames and timers, etc, etc.

<3
    Ish
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2014-11-07 at 04:31 AM.

Nice work, Ishtara! Above the meters, is that a focus frame or a boss frame? If it's a boss frame, what are you using to skin it? I have had the worst damn time with boss frames since resubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviel Menter View Post
    I'm trying another layout, and would greatly appreciate criticism, especially if anybody has advice as to background textures for my chat window and omen. As you can see, the solid is a little bit much.

And here's an image of me using it in a party. Please excuse the focus frame: I'm trying to get rid of it.

And now I have one in a raid:

actually really like this one the textures are nice. do you mostly play tank/dps? or do you have like a reflux profile for healing too or something? even tho where the raid frames are i wouldn't have a problem healing with where they are.

EDIT: oh i didn't realize the placing on the party frames when you were in a duengon. IM DUMB IM SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    The biggest "issue" with this UI is that I play too many alts, and I'd want something equally cool for all of them!

As someone else stated, very awesome to see that people are starting to add back some artwork to their UIs after the I-can-be-more-minimal-than-you phase. This appears to be a great example of form meets function.
    Its catching on! Maybe someone of each class will post one, then BAM, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Making some progress on my WoD inspired UI:

Out of Combat:

Combat:
    Post that vid of it in action. It glows or explodes or something. I just know it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wujong View Post
    actually really like this one the textures are nice. do you mostly play tank/dps? or do you have like a reflux profile for healing too or something? even tho where the raid frames are i wouldn't have a problem healing with where they are.

EDIT: oh i didn't realize the placing on the party frames when you were in a duengon. IM DUMB IM SORRY
    You're not dumb. If it was in a counterintuitive location, that's good to know. I play pretty much entirely tank, and just joined the BG for the screenshot. I am glad you like the textures. However, I would like this layout to be able to work for pretty much anything without reflux switching.

You, and others, tell me what you think of this alternate layout. As per xdunpealx's criticism, I moved everything to the bottom. I don't know if it is too cluttered, or more convenient.

with moved party frames:

Last edited by blackmun; 2014-11-07 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typos!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is no name text on the unit frame.
    Instead at the very start of the video, the name of their target appears with a fancy banner, and then disappears.
    Have to watch carefully for it, or you could miss it.
    I caught on to that bit, I was just requesting a basic overview of the UI. I can't follow what exactly is going on since I've never seen anything quite like that box before.

I found a neat crest-style thing online earlier today, so I revisited the whole crest + WeakAuras models thing people were doing a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    @modernist: Do you have any combat screenshots you could share? I'd love to see how your UI works with all of the extra stuff showing.
    not a particularly good one but the best i can currently find:

there's ascii spell overlay things, target castbar sits under player castbar, focus sits centre top.

I don't know what auras addon you're using, but would it be possible to filter out some of the typical raid buffs so you don't have redundant information?
    just using oUF - and yeah that would definitely be possible with the filter system. I had my first play with it today and added aura-tracking to raid:

Tenuously related to the topic in general: I'm working on setting up a blog for UI theory/design stuff because I'm bored these days. If there's interest, I'll drop a link when it's up!
    would def. be interested!

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Its catching on! Maybe someone of each class will post one, then BAM, problem solved.
    Post that vid of it in action. It glows or explodes or something. I just know it.
    I see what you did there...!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    I caught on to that bit, I was just requesting a basic overview of the UI. I can't follow what exactly is going on since I've never seen anything quite like that box before.
    If you played a shadow priest it would probably be obvious Its basically just all the debuff timers for a SP in bar form with (presumably) GCD and cooldowns

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Blizz gave me MoP free a month or so ago I thought I'd check it out and I've decided to keep playing during WoD. I've tried to make a UI in preparation for the expansion. This is my very generic first pass:

At rest:

With most of the crap visible:

The orange bar above the frame in the middle is a Flame Shock timer. It turns red when there's 9 seconds left. The red bar below is a Fire Totem timer. It turns dark red with 10 seconds remaining so I know to refresh before using Liquid Magma at 100. The blank ? on the skillbar is where Liquid Magma/Storm Elemental Totem will live. The 3 bars below that are timers for Earth, Water and Wind Totems. Below that is a dynamic group of duration timers for Cooldowns: Ascendance, Spiritwalker's Grace, Heroism and Elemental Mastery. The Target frame only tracks buffs so I see what needs purging and also just check out the buffs on allies prior to a pull. The Focus frame only displays debuffs so I can track Flame Shock if I'm off my main target and also for checking stacks for Tank swaps on my Brewmaster alt.

Here it is in LFR:

It's been a long time since I've messed around with addons in WoW. I think the result is ok but I really need to work on some of the bar colours and maybe making it less crowded. I'd appreciate any recommendations.
    Last edited by Staplecrab; 2014-11-07 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    phwoar.

might suggest you have it a lower down and fade it out a little bit slower?
    Moved. (It also shows raid target icons and player titles, by the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Nice idea, but I couldn't handle not having a cast bar showing.
    I'm going to add one to my UI at some point when I'm less lazy, for mounts and crafting and stuff, but given that Shadow doesn't have any (non-channeled) casts longer than the GCD it would just be duplicate information as far as raid DPS is concerned. Get out of your comfort zone!

Quote Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
    Here's an annotated screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/OrR5ADF.png

And, since people have asked, here's a release: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...ngularity.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Making some progress on my WoD inspired UI:

Out of Combat:
    snip
    Combat:
    snip
    Font dilemma: Do I use the brutal font for everything but chat? Options options!
    oh i do like this. i think you can put some more work into the statusbar texture though, it doesn't look as polished as the rest of the ui does. i'm personally not too fond of the combat font, and there's a font that Dawn used before that i think you should - at least - look into. let me see if i can dig it up.

edit: @Constie

i love the name thing you came up with. it's slick. gonna nick it.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    oh i do like this. i think you can put some more work into the statusbar texture though, it doesn't look as polished as the rest of the ui does. i'm personally not too fond of the combat font, and there's a font that Dawn used before that i think you should - at least - look into. let me see if i can dig it up.
    I was repeatedly failing and drawing my own status bar textures until the newest version of Raven gave me that bar texture. While I agree with you, my inability to art is the big barrier here.

@Dandruff It's a furnace, it just glows menacingly :P

@Constie: I'm really impressed with your work on Singularity (especially the inclusion of the GCD), though I haven't gotten a chance to try it out on my Shadow priest. I think the visual idea could also work for Retribution FCFS priority. If only I could program worth a damn :P I'll mess around with some existing addons and see what I can do, though.

Nice work, Ishtara! Above the meters, is that a focus frame or a boss frame? If it's a boss frame, what are you using to skin it? I have had the worst damn time with boss frames since resubbing.
    That is indeed a boss frame.

This pic I posted earlier shows my frame layout:

All of the frames are Stuf frames skinned with kgpanels.

<3
    Ish

10+ Year Old Account
    As usual great work Ish - have you setup your UI to allow movement of various elements around the screen or are they locked in?

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    That is indeed a boss frame.

This pic I posted earlier shows my frame layout:

All of the frames are Stuf frames skinned with kgpanels.

<3
    Ish
    Very cool shape/outlines on the unit frames :-)