Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    Can anyone recommend a quest log addon? I specifically want to clean up the ones I'm tracking.
    SorhaQuestLog is really good, IMO.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Does anyone know which file in my interface folder I need to delete or edit in order to remove the latency graphic that I have circled in the top right of my UI? It may be a file from miirgui: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...xturePack.html

Some unitframe changes- with animated inkblob things!

Quick video

Last edited by Arborus; 2014-11-25 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

Quick video

*SNIP*
    Me gusta! Could you possibly share this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    When I am home I could send you how I move my ObjectiveTracker... sadly, I can't recall it without looking at the code.
    Objective traker seems just to be tricky because of multiple frames anchored. I just need to find the main one.

By the way i managed to move/hide the default garrison button and do my own one. I used standard events that trigger the pulse animation to set colored warnings on the button itself for missions/buildings/invasion events so it will still be clear to see and understand while it being small and non-intrusive.

As a side note, the Hide() functions most of the times don't work as you want (basically other events make the frames show anyway). Simplest way to get rid of unwanted things (which may be non optimal) is to set the scale to .0001 and alpha to 0.

EDIT: can anyone confirm that the lock embers/shards are now always 4 and there are no more glyphs around for that? That would make the lock bars much easier to manage and i'll probably get rid of an annoying bug when porting in/out of an istance that would make the embers/demonic fury to set their value at the mioment of zoning (the bar itself works, it's just that a new one seems to be set over the real one).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-11-25 at 10:48 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Objective traker seems just to be tricky because of multiple frames anchored. I just need to find the main one.
    Mea culpa, I forgot to look, again. But I know I just use this frame: ObjectiveTrackerFrame for moving. That's the whole thing, scenario objectives, dungeon objectives, av tracking, ... - Things like world capturebar etc is something different you have to move yourself.
    oh, honey.

Quick video

This looks amazing. Might steal your chat position though. I pretty much ignore it in the bottom corner :P

I like the style a lot, well done.

One comment: I think the position of the frames is way way too high. I know it's a common thing to have them that high, but having UI that is on top of the 3D model of your character at almost all zoom levels (apart from max zoom out) makes me sad when I'm playing. It's a beautiful bit of UI so the situation could be much worse (like UIs where there is a spammy stream of combat text on top of the character), but still. It might just be me, but I kinda like looking at my character sometimes, without having to turn the UI off.

Also - many PvE mobs have names way longer than will fit on your target frame.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-11-25 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As a side note, the Hide() functions most of the times don't work as you want (basically other events make the frames show anyway). Simplest way to get rid of unwanted things (which may be non optimal) is to set the scale to .0001 and alpha to 0.
    I find that this is the best way to permanently hide unwanted things (in this case, the Garrison Reports minimap button):

Code:
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:UnregisterAllEvents()
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton.Show = GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton.Hide
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:Hide()
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I like the style a lot, well done.

One comment: I think the position of the frames is way way too high. I know it's a common thing to have them that high, but having UI that is on top of the 3D model of your character at almost all zoom levels (apart from max zoom out) makes me sad when I'm playing. It's a beautiful bit of UI so the situation could be much worse (like UIs where there is a spammy stream of combat text on top of the character), but still. It might just be me, but I kinda like looking at my character sometimes, without having to turn the UI off.

Also - many PvE mobs have names way longer than will fit on your target frame.
    I agree that it would look better if the frames were lower- but I'm also trying to fit raid frames for healing under them, so moving them much lower causes the 20 person raid frames to be well away from my character, making it harder to maintain focus on healing while also keeping my character within a reasonable peripheral.

Regarding names, everything except the last word is abbreviated (to something like R.T. Dummy, for example) which cuts down on the issue a good bit. Otherwise mob names get truncated after 12 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my DK, simple stuff, nothing special.

Raid frames are blizz ones, with addon to show debuffs. They fit right above chat.
    Also weak auras for trinks / procs right above player frame (lil squares)

P.S. It might appear weird cuz i resized the img to fit it here.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-11-29 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    ^ i've already successfully modded it to work for a frost mage, it's much easier to set up now constie's rewritten it to auto-pull information from spellIDs.

anyway I realise I'm giving a bit of a blow by blow posting spree here, but I've ditched the offset shadow again for now and redone the nameplates. Much happier.
    are you planning on uploading your minimap any time? im looking for a rectangle minimap for my ui im making and there just arent any available right now. i dont really care if its buggy, id be willing to put up with the bugs for the sake of a nice map

I agree that it would look better if the frames were lower- but I'm also trying to fit raid frames for healing under them, so moving them much lower causes the 20 person raid frames to be well away from my character, making it harder to maintain focus on healing while also keeping my character within a reasonable peripheral.
    Ye it's a tricky one. Maybe adjust the frames so that the raid can go above them?

Deleted
    Mostly the same as in Cata.

Last edited by mmoc5d3981592b; 2014-11-25 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miiru View Post
    Mostly the same as in Cata.

Wow, Nice and sleek, I like the chat windows with the gradient texture.
    How did you get your objectives tracker to look like that?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    MiirGUI texture pack

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    MiirGUI texture pack
    What unit frames are you using? It annoys me that pitbull can't turn the targets picture around like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnHolyBrew View Post
    What unit frames are you using? It annoys me that pitbull can't turn the targets picture around like that
    It actually is pitbull, but i played around in the portraits lua to make them look like this.

just a gw2 recreation ive been working on. i saw a couple old ones floating around and didnt quite like the quality of them. i dont plan on using it as its not very information friendly but it was fun to make.

and the ui i currently use to heal

imgur really degrades image quality...
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-11-29 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    just a gw2 recreation ive been working on. i saw a couple old ones floating around and didnt quite like the quality of them. i dont plan on using it as its not very information friendly but it was fun to make.

http://i.imgur.com/MWtBFRg.jpg
    Hello fellow GW-styled-UI-guy/girl :'D

What statusbar texture are you using for your mana bar etc? Same question for the button texture. Is this stuff from Butger's old UI? I really need to clean up my minimap and make it a big bigger...
    oh, honey.