Thread: Post Your UI

Arborus, sometimes I feel like you and I should get together and make lovely UI babies. That looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post

Offtopic; You're colourblind?
    Nah, but I was playing around with the color settings and the Tritanopia setting gave Stormshield at night a kind of Farcry: Blood Dragon-esque ambience that I thought was really cool. Prolly not super evident in the screenshot due to the lighting near the dummies, but closer to the bank it was pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesyx View Post
    Tore my UI down and started from scratch. It's still a work in progress but I'm pretty satisfied with how it looks so far. I can't decide on if I want to use class colours for the unit frames or not. If I do I would have to change the backdrop to a different colour but I don't know what. Preferrably transparent black, but I don't know how to do that. At the moment I'm leaning towards the transparent black unitframes though as it fits nicely with the chat/Skada.

Everything apart from chat and the minimap fades out of combat. When I enter combat the chat frames fade out and my two Skada windows fade in and take their place. The Skada windows can be shown out of combat by holding Ctrl.

Would really appreciate some feedback!
    Personally your meters are way to close to the center of your screen and they are way to big, the rest of it looks fine. If anything id keep it all the same and fade the chat and meters in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDK View Post
    Assuming that the raid frame is of VuhDo, may I ask what color settings do you use to achieve that look?
    Just used the default class colours with the minimalist texture.

New Mistweaver UI. Open to suggestions on improving it.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally got a raid shot. Shitty quality
    g
    Last edited by Zungate; 2015-03-15 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holypaladin View Post
    How do you make just the health text large in Elvui? Havnt been able to figure it out

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    How do you make just the health text large in Elvui? Havnt been able to figure it out
    Unitframes -> Player frame (or whatever) -> Fill out the box under "Custom texts" with a fitting name, "health-big" for example.
    Then you can find the element you just created in the dropdown box, sould be self explanatory from there.

Idle:

In Raid with Abilities Active:

This was built almost entirely with ElvUI and WeakAuras

Here is a five minute video if you want details or to see more of the spell and cooldown effects in action: https://youtu.be/j_93UGvVJow
    Last edited by Phantomstar; 2015-03-16 at 12:36 AM.

Idle:

In Raid with Abilities Active:

Here is a five minute video if you want details or to see more of the spell and cooldown effects in action: https://youtu.be/j_93UGvVJow
    Last edited by Phantomstar; 2015-03-16 at 12:35 AM.

This is what I'm using/working on right now.
    The orbs above the target frame are my arcane charges. Above my unit frame is the indicator for arcane power and prismatic crystal, below the unit frame is the indicator and timer for rune of power. Oh and the little orbs above my actual character are my arcane missiles proc (1 orb for one charge, 2 for 2, and 3 for 3).
    Last edited by Theharbinger; 2015-03-16 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomstar View Post

Here is a five minute video if you want details or to see more of the spell and cooldown effects in action:
    Any chance you will ever share this in any way? I think it looks amazing!

Deleted
    Mistweaver

Out of combat

In combat

Visible Add ons

Weakauras/Shadowed Unit Frames/BloodLegion Cooldowns/SexyMap/Chatter/Quartz/Skada + Tidyplates on mobs. Have a bind to show plates on friendlies if required (like on oregorger p2)

Hidden

Bartender; Rely on it heavily for keybinds and state configuration for stance swapping but I keep my bars hidden.
    If you look at the screenshot you can see some bars at 20% opacity for Micro Menu / Mounts & Jeeves etc. Mousing over them brings them to full opacity.
    Actual action bars are below the chat menu at 1% opacity unless mouseovered so spells can still be changed easily.

Every spell visible is a WA

Pretty much Weakaura/Bartender reliant and the rest is visual.

Oh, and the raid frames are default I just use mouseover macros. Not out of any kind of principle. Just not that beneficial for mistweaver performance wise to use grid or vuhdoo.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-03-16 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Mistweaver

Out of combat

In combat

Visible Add ons

Weakauras/Shadowed Unit Frames/BloodLegion Cooldowns/SexyMap/Chatter/Quartz/Skada + Tidyplates on mobs. Have a bind to show plates on friendlies if required (like on oregorger p2)

Hidden

Bartender; Rely on it heavily for keybinds and state configuration for stance swapping but I keep my bars hidden.
    If you look at the screenshot you can see some bars at 20% opacity for Micro Menu / Mounts & Jeeves etc. Mousing over them brings them to full opacity.
    Actual action bars are below the chat menu at 1% opacity unless mouseovered so spells can still be changed easily.

Oh, and the raid frames are default I just use mouseover macros. Not out of any kind of principle. Just not that beneficial for mistweaver performance wise to use grid or vuhdoo.

Sorry for the dupe post. Healer thread seemed a bit dead so throwing it here.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-03-16 at 09:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Mistweaver
    Nice, but why have your hp and a few auras up in the top corner? Seems like plenty of room near raid frames on 3 sides.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    Nice, but why have your hp and a few auras up in the top corner? Seems like plenty of room near raid frames on 3 sides.

It doesnt show in that screenshot but my target is a small frame to the top right of the raid frames. As per my own health I felt it was clutter to place it anywhere close since I'm quite good at watching it in the raid frames anyway. The defensives/pots I just felt like peripheral vision was fine.

I have things that are on CD grey out to help me with that

The reason ReM isnt greyed out in the screeenshot is there's a stack remaining.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-03-16 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani3 View Post
    It's my player frame. My target frame is hidden as I don't need it most of the time
    Your WoW UI it is excellent! Can you share it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Mistweaver
    Visible Add ons

Hidden

Interesting placement of your raid frames. I've wanted to try something like that but have my player/target/focus frames directly to the right of my frames instead. Have you played with your frames like this for awhile, and how has it compared to having them placed higher up or in the centre?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    New Mistweaver UI. Open to suggestions on improving it.

Ask yourself, how many times do you actually look to the far left of your screen for damage absorbed etc.? I very much doubt a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bran View Post
    Interesting placement of your raid frames. I've wanted to try something like that but have my player/target/focus frames directly to the right of my frames instead. Have you played with your frames like this for awhile, and how has it compared to having them placed higher up or in the centre?

No it's quite a new UI. Funnily enough my intention was always to get them low down but I had to ween myself off center mid by slowly moving them downwards.

Honestly I've found the raid frames perfectly fine. But I've started to get into this weird bad habit of not pressing chi burst enough anymore which is like one of those more obvious things I would look for if someone threw up a topic about low hps with logs or whatever. But ultimately I know I'll get as used to it as I was with my old UI and in the long run will have much better awareness with that clutter-free set up once I get past the break in period.

Partially what also makes it very usable is the nature of monk healing as well which has a lot of smart healing & tends to deal with the raid health as a whole rather than individuals, where you do single target heal it's usually as a quick chi generator for more raid healing or an emergency. Which as I said is smart and picks people passively. They're a lot less engaged with their raid frames so much as they are with their own class mechanics, timing and in particular resource management.

So yeh, tunnelling raid frames and playing whack a mole isn't much of a thing. It's more about pooling chi/mana/renewing mist stacks for raid wide aoe & fistweaving low damage.

So I felt like it could be pushed over to the side, for better awareness & less clutter.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I regret not showing target/focus but if you look where the swirling shit is on the ground it's there & they are quite small. Class colour with no portrait just a solid health bar - Shadowed unit frames same as player health. Just much smaller