Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/TDJSZlO.png
    I really like it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    The texture looks very clean. A bit dirt and little scratches on the "glas" would look really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that someone made a super awesome new color picker. This will certainly come in handy for making UIs, just thought I'd make you guys aware of it :P

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/color-picker-advanced

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiFails View Post
    It seems that someone made a super awesome new color picker. This will certainly come in handy for making UIs, just thought I'd make you guys aware of it :P

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/color-picker-advanced
    Yeah, I love you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I really like it aswell.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    The texture looks very clean. A bit dirt and little scratches on the "glas" would look really cool.
    Well, that decreases readability, so I decided to keep it more or less clean. I may reconsider in the future though :3
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-10-14 at 09:20 AM.

Last edited by Tanyn; 2015-10-15 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Yeah, I love you for sharing this.
    It's literally all I've ever wanted out of an in-game color picker. I just had to share.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    I know that is an ElvUI edit, but how did you get the raid frames as a single column?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I know that is an ElvUI edit, but how did you get the raid frames as a single column?
    1 column, 30 rows. Growth direction right then down. It's super easy to do with test mode enabled and just tinkering with the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Hmmmm may be time to update my ancient UI design.

Question, does anyone know if it is possible to 'lock' the overall size of a raid frame and scale the size of the bars down as the number of groups rises?

Just wanna show my UI. Sadly i cant yet post links...you must fill in the dots in the links.

I think a vid is better then a screenshot, so here is both

My Monk's UI in PvP
    www youtube com/watch?v=sQ06GpRXL_A

On my Druid and Monk.
    imgur com/a/5yNsf

Out of curiosity how many of you guys with minimal and graphic oriented UIs design your UIs around multiple classes? Personally speaking I have at least 1 of each class at 100, I actively play 6 classes, and I'm constantly leveling new alts. It seems incredibly daunting to build a basic UI that functions for each class and at least 1-2 specs of each.

I think that's been a big part of why I don't go the ultra minimalistic route that some others do, but I'd like to come up with a design that's multi-class and multi-role functional.
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Out of curiosity how many of you guys with minimal and graphic oriented UIs design your UIs around multiple classes? Personally speaking I have at least 1 of each class at 100, I actively play 6 classes, and I'm constantly leveling new alts. It seems incredibly daunting to build a basic UI that functions for each class and at least 1-2 specs of each.

I think that's been a big part of why I don't go the ultra minimalistic route that some others do, but I'd like to come up with a design that's multi-class and multi-role functional.
    You can design a pretty universal UI if you can compress the class-specific stuff into a (relatively) compact central area.

All my class stuff is made with weakauras. Buff/Debuff trackers, resource bars, combo points, CD trackers, procs, personal defensive stuff... I make it all myself into a sort of central cluster that sits an inch or so below my character's feet. The rest of the UI is very generic and universal, the only thing that changes between characters is the class-specific weakauras in the central area.

The only exception is that on healer characters the central area holds my raid frames instead of my weakaura dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tore View Post
    You can design a pretty universal UI if you can compress the class-specific stuff into a (relatively) compact central area.

All my class stuff is made with weakauras. Buff/Debuff trackers, resource bars, combo points, CD trackers, procs, personal defensive stuff... I make it all myself into a sort of central cluster that sits an inch or so below my character's feet. The rest of the UI is very generic and universal, the only thing that changes between characters is the class-specific weakauras in the central area.

The only exception is that on healer characters the central area holds my raid frames instead of my weakaura dashboard.
    Right. I already do that. I'm referring to people more like Birg, Snichy, and Kait - who have a history of doing very minimal UIs (like bare bones) with graphical elements to jazz them up (more Birg/Kait than Snichy in that part). It's not that difficult to create a pure barebones UI for a single class/spec/role, but it gets more involved when you're account for combo points, fury, runic power, mana, holy power, runes, energy, pets, raid utility, external CDs, raid CDs, healing, tanking, melee dps, ranged dps, etc. Basically a full rework of the default UI, but ultra minimalist with leveling/alt design built in.

I mean I could always use a generic/boring layout and do the middle console stuff (which is pretty much what I do right now), but to create something that truly minimizes information shown while maximizing output across a wide variety of fields is pretty daunting.

1 column, 30 rows. Growth direction right then down. It's super easy to do with test mode enabled and just tinkering with the options.
    I tried this as I was wondering also how to do it. I am not able to do it and it is quite possible I am trying to change the wrong settings. Could you go into a little more detail on how to do it? I am currently trying to find a new UI and this caught my eye and wanted to use it.

I was also wondering how to make certain action bars fade out when I enter combat. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Wixen; 2015-10-16 at 08:25 AM.

I'm a dude with graphic-oriented UI and I'm trying to make it work for multiple classes. My UI is available on WoW addon sites, so I'm just listening to feedback from people, who play different classes. But I'm trying to stick to basics, cuz I see my layout as a default UI replacement, not as yet another elvUI, AIO suite or anything like that. I also want my UI to be as lightweight and fast as possible.

I add class specific and PvE/PvP-related features from time to time, it happens when users suggest something good, that'd fit nicely, or when I ask them to help me to improve some aspects of my layout.

As an example, I asked people for combo bar feedback, although it already went through many iterations, I'm still not really satisfied with it and my understanding of rogue/cat needs is quite limited, cuz I dun play those classes. Users provided me with needed feedback, suggested ways to improve it and so on, now I need to separate the wheat from the chaff, and come up with a good solution.

Another example is arena frames. I'm still working on them, they are quite simple, but I already implemented some nice features my pvper friends asked me about, e.g. pvp trinket and polymorph trackers.

However, I never implement anything HUGE or something I'd never use on my own, even theoretically, for example raid frames, there's no way I can do them well and I like using default raid frames, so I just ask people to use existing cool and configurable addons for this purpose.

I wholeheartedly understand, that it may not be enough for some people, that's why I let users disable different elements of my UI, if they need something more flexible and configurable instead.
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-10-16 at 10:34 AM.

Right. I already do that. I'm referring to people more like Birg, Snichy, and Kait - who have a history of doing very minimal UIs (like bare bones) with graphical elements to jazz them up (more Birg/Kait than Snichy in that part). It's not that difficult to create a pure barebones UI for a single class/spec/role, but it gets more involved when you're account for combo points, fury, runic power, mana, holy power, runes, energy, pets, raid utility, external CDs, raid CDs, healing, tanking, melee dps, ranged dps, etc. Basically a full rework of the default UI, but ultra minimalist with leveling/alt design built in.

I mean I could always use a generic/boring layout and do the middle console stuff (which is pretty much what I do right now), but to create something that truly minimizes information shown while maximizing output across a wide variety of fields is pretty daunting.
    For years I made UIs just for one class, and normally only one role. I just wanted to do fun, different stuff. A fair few of them (like the mage UI or the rogue UI I did) I know could be developed to work for all classes, but given the number of things in those UIs that kind of break from the norm, making it work for everything would have been a ton of work. And by the time I'd finished those designs I was usually too bored to put any more work into them...

... but all that time I had another UI I rarely shared: my raiding UI, where functionality ruled all. It initially looked a lot like Kripparrian's UI, but I put a lot of work in to make it better than that. Then I started to realise that while all the UIs I made definitely looked better than the WoW default, they probably would be (quite rightly) rejected by Blizzard's UI team if they were presented as a feasible alternative. There were lot's of reasons for that, but some of the main ones are things like "too complicated for beginners", "lacks personality", "doesn't make sense for all playstyles", "you can't have UI on top of the character when at medium zoom levels". etc etc. So developed my raiding UI until it became KaitUI as an attempt to make something that I could actually say to a Blizzard employee "my UI is better than yours in every way", and stand by it.

But ye, in order to achieve that it's definitely less minimal than some of my other UIs. :-) Not sure if that answers your question. You probably have to watch KaitUI in action (link in signature) to see what I mean.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-10-16 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixen View Post
    I tried this as I was wondering also how to do it. I am not able to do it and it is quite possible I am trying to change the wrong settings. Could you go into a little more detail on how to do it? I am currently trying to find a new UI and this caught my eye and wanted to use it.

I was also wondering how to make certain action bars fade out when I enter combat. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
    In Elvui options, under unit frames, open raid frame options, mid-way down is a "Growth direction" option. Select "Up then right". To the right of that option is "Groups per row/column", select 5 (for a 25 man raid for example). You should now see the long list of raid members with group 1 at the bottom, all the way to group 5 at the top. Enjoy!