Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Enixz View Post
    - - -
    Very nice man, I like the divided bars!

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    that's awesome that you took the time to put parametrisation options. I've tried adding as much customisation as possible on my UI addons but it's complicated to find the right amount so it's not overwhelming

I'm at a point in which I either just want to rewrite kgpanels for my own needs (because, honestly, Weakauras does have the better way of telling the aura what kind of functionality as far as "Istarget" etc goes), so I decided to start attempting to lean more advanced LUA stuff. I've been talking to ChatGPT about this stuff.

My basic idea with the perfect addon for me would be one that can do both and allow you to change your art styles with a dropdown menu and still be able to move everything around. Probably too advanced for me though.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello there. I've been working on this geometric and centered UI for about a week or so, and I've made quite some progress. Two pictures and a little video included. The pictures shows off the idle state of the UI, and every WeakAura currently set to load. The video shows off combat - including Plater-profile, Details-profile, healthbars and such. Hope you like it!

I think everybody's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coxeter View Post
    Hello there. I've been working on this geometric and centered UI for about a week or so, and I've made quite some progress. Two pictures and a little video included. The pictures shows off the idle state of the UI, and every WeakAura currently set to load. The video shows off combat - including Plater-profile, Details-profile, healthbars and such. Hope you like it!
    so cool man, can you share the action bars? they look crazy good
    or how did you make them look in that angle?

While this is an interesting UI, it is very hard to read, I'm not a fan of this type of energy bar as well where it fills from the center, try and see if it's not too bda to break symmetry and have a from left to right fill type. It would be easier to adapt to your UI If you have the information of which spell it is that I'm seeing the cooldown. There are a lot of icons displayed, I understand that the second row is all utility and defensive, maybe try and have them a bit smaller than the first row which is all about rotational purposes. I would definitely introduce some more colours to help reading what the progress bars are for and instead of the % number for the health bar I would have gone for the numeric value. The bar in itself should give out what % of your HP remains imo. I take it that the orange and red colouring of the maelstrom bar is for when you are able to spend your maelstrom but I'm still confused about the exact meaning, maybe on this bar there could be a numeric value of the amount of maelstrom added as well

7+ Year Old Account
    ---
    It's WeakAura code.
    if not aura_env.region.mask then
    aura_env.region.mask = aura_env.region:CreateMaskTexture()
    end
    aura_env.region.mask:SetTexture([[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia_Coxeter\texture\line_thick.tga]])
    aura_env.region.mask:SetAllPoints()
    aura_env.region.icon:AddMaskTexture(aura_env.region.mask)
    aura_env.region.cooldown:SetSwipeTexture([[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia_Coxeter\texture\line_thick.tga]], 0,0,0,0.2)
    You'll have to replace the file path with one that's your own, obviously. The file the path leads to has to be .tga and has to be diviable to the power of 2 (2x2, 4x4, 8x8...512x512, 1024x1024)
    I think everybody's nuts.

Can anyone give an example of:

1. Good utilization of the DF UI(frames location, general setup etc.)
    2. Minimal UI impact from addons.

I want to say true to the DF UI as much as possible. So I need inspiration.

Thanks.

How do some of you play anything competitive in this game when you only have like 6 buttons showing on your UI? Almost every class I play has min 20+ buttons, some closer to 30+ to keybind and keep track of

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    How do some of you play anything competitive in this game when you only have like 6 buttons showing on your UI? Almost every class I play has min 20+ buttons, some closer to 30+ to keybind and keep track of
    A matter of preference. I find it distracting and obscuring to show all abilities all the time.
    I just need to know if they are on CD and for how long. Unless it's something that I need to use right now, but then I can choose to show that ability with the help of WA based on conditions set by me.
    Depending on class, this can be more or less of a hassle to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I just need to know if they are on CD and for how long. .
    That's the whole point of the action bars isn't it? Do you have them hidden until they are on CD then they show up with the CD in tow? I find that more distracting myself, but like you said personal preferences and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    That's the whole point of the action bars isn't it? Do you have them hidden until they are on CD then they show up with the CD in tow? I find that more distracting myself, but like you said personal preferences and all that
    Exactly. I want my screen to be as clear and unobstructed as possible. Especially during messy fights with lots going on.
    It's also an outlet of creativity. Coming up with a look and feel, customizing it to my needs and playstyle etc. I personally spend more time at the dummies and building UIs, than I do actually raiding.
    If you look at most top raiders and their UIs, they could not possibly care any less about the look of their UI. But whatever works!

New UI I'm working on, using an edited version of ShestakUI as it's core.

Side note: Highly recommend ShestakUI for anyone looking for a lightweight ElvUI alternative. It's very configurable and has a lot of features I love about ElvUI - such as total UI reskinning. It's also written in a very understandable way if you're looking for simple examples to work on your WoW LUA.

So i edited the default ui abit..
    i'm deff not done yet but i like where this is heading tho!

Target

Casting

Dragonflying

Party/Combat

Addons:
    - Raven
    - Weakauras
    - LSUI
    - LS Glass
    - SUI
    - Vuhdo
    - Masque

Stuff to do:
    - Raid Frames
    - Nameplates
    - Boss Frames

NB:
    -Party Frames not mine,. and ui is inspired by them.
    Last edited by mikkis2k; 2023-11-28 at 02:55 PM.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    So i edited the default ui abit..
    i'm deff not done yet but i like where this is heading tho!

Target

Casting

Dragonflying

Party/Combat

Addons:
    - Raven
    - Weakauras
    - LSUI
    - LS Glass
    - SUI
    - Vuhdo
    - Masque
    Looks very clean!
    Wish I had a better pc/laptop. Currently playing on a mac book pro mid 2014 on GFX settings 1 :-(

hello everyone! I really like timeline as a replacement for ActionBar, so... no matter what my layout is, I try to make it look as clean as possible, bt due to problems with the original timeline Wa`s code, I replaced it with raven already.
    I often get asked: Why does your interface look so small?
    because my resolution is 3440*1440, and my UI scaling = 0.53 (because this is how to achieve perfect pixels), it does not affect my game, and I can clearly see anything btw.
    I've stuck with the pixel style, hope you guys like it.
    No target

In Combat

It seems quiet in here these days.

Where are you guys spending your time looking for UI ideas and inspiration?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Love how minimal you keep your interface, Duke! Good to have you back

is there an option to hide the minimap/mapoverlay in combat?

that UI is clean and amazing, but having the icons up during you smashing the dummies was a turnoff.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.