Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have your bubble been bursted yet?

So I decided to play my 80 Pally for a bit to see if Holy is fun to PvP with yet and after 4+ hours of PvPing, I never got my bubble popped by any Warriors.

Did they remove this ability before it could make it to live or are the Warriors all newbs?
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Re: Have your bubble been bursted yet?

It's a 25 rage, 1.5 second cast ability that you can only use in Battle Stance. Don't think many people bother in battlegrounds.

I was talking to a warrior buddy and he pretty much said his problem with it was exactly what you stated above. High rage cost and stance requirement make it not very attractive to use in alot of situations, especially in BGs. By the time they get it off you've already gotten at least one heal off, maybe more.

Use it on my warrior to prevent the "Bubble Hearth" technique. Short of that, not much useful out of it in most situations.

As a Fury Warrior without no points invested in Discipline Mastery and constantly in Beserker Stance, I've yet to find a way to execute this ability effectively. Despite what most people are saying, I don't find the 1.5 second cast all that daunting, however. That being said, the high rage cost and stance change have made this only useful for breaking that stubborn Mage's Ice Block when he's surrounded and with only 2%HP left. >_>

15+ Year Old Account

happended to me today, i killed the warrior and /slap
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

i kinda forget alot that i have a bubble and AW in world pvp

in Dungeons i can only remember AW

and in BGs i can only remember LoH

i dont use bubble that much and ive yet to have my bubble bursted by any priest or Warrior

no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

I encountered, and laughed at, another fun flaw discovered by a friend of mine who wanted to get a feel for her knew Arms spec through dueling my tankadin. Her issue was that we have several "bubbles" and she can't visually tell the difference (possibly a graphics settings issue or a hardware one). The flaw is that the warrior must guess when it is useful to use. I faked her out multiple times by casting Sacred Shield. She saw "bubble"; I saw cast bar. THEN I bubbled, healed, and shield slammed her face in.

So even for the warriors that have no excuse to be in other stances, it still costs 25% of their potential maximum resources and requires them to stand still. Great idea; not so great execution thus far. I hope the move receives a few improvements in the days to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bael
    I encountered, and laughed at, another fun flaw discovered by a friend of mine who wanted to get a feel for her knew Arms spec through dueling my tankadin. Her issue was that we have several "bubbles" and she can't visually tell the difference (possibly a graphics settings issue or a hardware one). The flaw is that the warrior must guess when it is useful to use. I faked her out multiple times by casting Sacred Shield. She saw "bubble"; I saw cast bar. THEN I bubbled, healed, and shield slammed her face in.

So even for the warriors that have no excuse to be in other stances, it still costs 25% of their potential maximum resources and requires them to stand still. Great idea; not so great execution thus far. I hope the move receives a few improvements in the days to come.
    thats not really accurate, the bubble has a very obvious tooltip buff. even if you cant immediately tell which is which, and i have never had any problem, it takes all of the flick of an eye to glance over to your buff list and look for the bright, pinkish bubble icon. SS is a bright yellow, so your able to pick out which one it is in no time.
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    thats not really accurate, the bubble has a very obvious tooltip buff. even if you cant immediately tell which is which, and i have never had any problem, it takes all of the flick of an eye to glance over to your buff list and look for the bright, pinkish bubble icon. SS is a bright yellow, so your able to pick out which one it is in no time.
    I'm glad that my friend isn't as clever or observant as you. ;D

This can work on random bg's or casual duals, but never againts a decent pvp players, since they probably know what is a bubble and there are several addons that tell you when someone use it.

And no, I didn't had any warrior problem until now, but I'm quite sure that one used the bubble-breaker on my mage friend, broke his hand of protection and finished him up. ;\

Warrior? What's that? Never seen one of these in a BG. No shortage of death knights though.

I knew a Retadin who used to do this type of thing way back in pre-BC with the Arathi Basin trinket... it was quite amusing :P. I'll admit that I even fell for it once :-[.

Nope not yet :P

Had my sacred shield shattered lots of time though ^_^
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988

/highfive

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988

I am so going to try this, hadnt even thought about trying to 'Dummy' the idiot warrs

who needs bubble...i can beat warrs even with shield + sword as ret ...and its not even hard...poor guys

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    who needs bubble...i can beat warrs even with shield + sword as ret ...and its not even hard...poor guys
    Sad but true.

happened to me in AB the other day.

even though im protection and should have no problems killing the warrior having a mage also beat on me made me bubble and heal but he broke the bubble and the mage killed me :\

Doesn't vost 25 rage anymore if anyone was wondering.