Thread: Immolate

Immolate

Hello all

Am i missing something ?

If i clip this spell it tends to not re-apply the DOT (not every time, but enough to be annoying)...tbh im not sure if its a miss or if its the DOT not being re-applied... as im deep destro i need up for conflag.

To pre-empt a few questioning replies...

hit capped...so not the reason.

Also i find that several times in a boss fight, its better to clip the spell so i have conflag on ever CD then to w8 for it to finish...this bit might just be my play style.

Is anyone or has anyone come across this problem?

Re: Immolate

Get Recount. Do 10 minutes on a dummy or whatever, as long as the problem occurs.
    Check the Recount analysis - did Immolate fail for some reason?

Other than that, I wouldn't know. Could even be flawed, you'll have to check again t'day after the minor patch.
    Good luck.
    Planning is for amateurs.

It is a bug. This has been discussed before. Also check in the list of things affecting the mob. Sometimes our dots at top of list as it should be, this is also a bug that blizzard has not fixed.

Yep i had this problem too, hit capped too.
    The initial dammage of Immolation hits the target, but the dot doesn't refresh.
    You just have not to clip your dot... I know it's sometimes usefull to clip it in some situations, but just don't do it
    ( Sorry for my english, not my motherlanguage ;P )

Are you sure you don't get the "a more powerful spell is already active" messege?
    The reason for this messege is that you probably have a trinket procced or a talent that increase your damage with fire spells.

The DoT not being overwritten is a result of casting the spell the first time with a higher amount of spellpower (like a trinket activated) than you did the second time, thereby giving you the DD portion of the spell, but not the DoT effect. It's a bug, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows of it.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a known bug. If you cast immolate within .25s of the dot wearing off, the dot component doesn't stick.

It is recreatable as needed, and Blizzard is aware of it. Half the problem is latency and they are working on it, but for now (with other problems plaguing more players) just wait that extra .25s.

Personally, I modified the code to my dot timer to add that much time to my immolate.

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah, just something you gotta watch for. Just make certain that your immolate will go up after the dot has fallen off, its annoying but no clue when it might be fixed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tombfyre
    Yeah, just something you gotta watch for. Just make certain that your immolate will go up after the dot has fallen off, its annoying but no clue when it might be fixed.
    By my estimation, 4.0. And no, I'm not being a pessimist. .25 seconds for one spell affecting 2/3rds of 1 class - they have other things to worry about.

R.I.P. YARG

It certainly wouldnt surprise me.