Help about Avoidence with prot pala?

Hey
    I would like to ask u for help. I have my prot paladin full geared at Valor/non set items.
    What is better for tanking?
    In my hp set i have 33k hp unbuf, 24%dodge, 18%parry and 16%block
    In dodge set i have 27,5%dodge,20parry and 14%block and around 28,5k hp
    And in all avoidence set i have like 29k hp, 24%dodge, 19%parry and 25%block

What way should i go, and do i need a block % how a prot pala when i have 30% from spell all the time???
    ty

here link on armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...thul&n=Xeroman

In this EQ my avoidence is 102,55%

But i dont know what is wrong with armory but it shows stats without talents. so what u can see is my stats without any talent. It shows that EQ what i have ingame, but wrong stats. now in that EQ i have 31334hp 23,34 dodge 17,81%parry 22%block 1204bv. unbuff

Re: Help about Avoidence with prot pala

well ur first two set block seems kind of low and what is ur block value, u need to take that into account as well. block and block value have become pretty important. if ur blocking for 2500 of a 25k hit, thats 10%[tough math].

Quote Originally Posted by Pepiq
    Hey
    I would like to ask u for help. I have my prot paladin full geared at Valor/non set items.

What way should i go, and do i need a block % how a prot pala when i have 30% from spell all the time???
    ty
    You should be aiming to have enough block rating to hit 102.4% dodge+miss+parry+block while inclusing HS; ofc you have to DR the miss manually, but that's not particularly hard [(1/16+0.956/miss)^-1]. Out of those, assuming that they've got approximately the same amount of def, your dodge is far too high in all really to be getting decent amounts out of your buffs, but I'd go with the stam one if it puts you at 102.4% raid buffed (can't check atm as I'm not sure how much dodge you've already got from items to DR, and I cba right now). You should really be aiming for ~20% dodge unbuffed (~23-24% buffed), with ~20% parry unbuffed while at 102.4% before the DR makes stam and BV a much better choice for further gearing IMO. Trinkets/gems will give you the best returns as stam generally, as you get enough pure avoidance from gear to get to the point where DR cuts in too hard - if you're looking to push avoidance, you might as well just stick to dodge though, as the caps on parry and miss are ridiculously low (44% parry, 88% dodge, 16% miss). Grab me an armoury link of your stam set and I'll have a look at upgrades etc if you want.

Martini

I've got some questions about avoidnce with paladins myself really.

I'm at about 27.33 dodge on character sheet in game
    20.47 parry (or 27.47 dodge, 20.33 parry) with about 14% block I think?

I have no clue as to what my BV is though.

This is an increase in avoidance from what I used t run in, but I kept readong about how Paladins should et block capped early stay block capped, but try to add in some pure avoidance. I'm sure that has destroyed my BV.

But anyway heres an armory link Parium.

Let me know what you think, or some changes I should make.

Well I went to look over my armory myself as well.. And I am making a huge mistake right off the bat, there are only two blood JC gems in my gear, so Im missing 17-29 stam in my gear right now....thats what i get for messing with my setup so much...

Block isn't really considered avoidance for a lot of people since you are still getting hit but depending on your block value you can avoid all the dmg but very unlikely. Dodge is the best avoidance stat and parry is 2nd best, reasoning for this is because of parry haste that the boss gains (I heard that parry haste was removed but not sure, if it was then parry and dodge are equally as good).

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    Block isn't really considered avoidance for a lot of people since you are still getting hit but depending on your block value you can avoid all the dmg but very unlikely. Dodge is the best avoidance stat and parry is 2nd best, reasoning for this is because of parry haste that the boss gains (I heard that parry haste was removed but not sure, if it was then parry and dodge are equally as good).
    Parry is a good ability for avoidance, not really a good stat (huh?)

I like being a class that can parry abilities, but the DM on parry is retarded. Gearing for parry is meh at best gemming for parry is idiotic.
    For paladins saying block is avoidance is tricky. It is and it isn't and at a certain point it's useless.

102.4% is the magic number here. For a paladin we get to count that as "avoidance" in the sense that it counts towards reaching the 102.4% avoidance we need to become "unhittable", another tricky term.

Miss
    Dodge
    Parry
    Block
    Hit <-- 102.4% avoidance removes this from the table making us "unhittable"

But after this point Block does nothing (not to be confused with block value with is still good to get)

Dodge and parry are our pure avoidance stats, and like I mentioned before, parry really isn't "great" but dodge is, making it our primary avoidance (pure) stat and Parry comes in second.

I wrote all that only because I saw parry being presented in a "good" light in your post, an alarm went off in my head, and my fingers started working. In the end though your post is correct, silly me xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepiq
    Hey

ty
    For main tanking bosses (and just about everything else), I would probably go with the hp set. Bosses in ulduar hit very hard, and you can't fully rely on avoidance to keep you alive. You have to be able to take at least 2 hits in a row without dying. 24% dodge and 18% parry unbuffed is pretty good when you also have 33k hp. You shouldn't really worry about block % too much, block value is pretty nice to have, but I would much rather have dodge/hit on my gear instead of block rating/block value. Your avoidance would be good for aoe tanking trash and possibly off tanking.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

You should know that your block value can be found by moving your mouse over your block stat on your character sheet. Also, BV is derived from strength and your SotR dmg and threat is increased with BV. This is why Str is such a good stat. The best stat imo, even more than Stam(barely). Obviously it gives you AP as well, which effects all our spells too. Block Value is very good.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    You should know that your block value can be found by moving your mouse over your block stat on your character sheet. Also, BV is derived from strength and your SotR dmg and threat is increased with BV. This is why Str is such a good stat. The best stat imo, even more than Stam(barely). Obviously it gives you AP as well, which effects all our spells too. Block Value is very good.
    Yes I know how to ifnd my BV, I just have a tad bit of trouble doing that from work =/