Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Hmm, very interesting. I figured it was a factor of cat GCD at 1.0 and it being the same exact spell in both forms (as opposed to Mangle, for example).
    That could be as well. I'm not sure about FF since I never tested it.
    Checking is simple: wear no haste at all, cast FF, check the GCD. If it's still 1 sec, then it's probably as you said. Else it would be scaling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I don't think it could be haste, since in resto with some haste talents it takes over 800 haste to get down to the gcd.

15+ Year Old Account

Unless it gets affected by strange stuff, like WF. There are hybrids spells with quite an odd coding.

But yeah, while it came to my mind the possibility that it's treated like a spell, it is most likely a consequence of coding Cat Form's FF. Given Cat has a 1 sec GCD and making FF 1.5 sec would kinda screw it up, it more likely that they simply don't care about the "problem" with Bears.

these are the real haste numbers, from EJ copied out of the resto thread

Both haste buffs (8%)
    736 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    856 haste rating (0/3 CF)

WoA alone (5%)
    856 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    980 haste rating (0/3 CF)

Moonkin/Swift Ret alone (3%)
    936 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1063 haste rating (0/3 CF)

No haste buffs
    1063 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1193 haste rating (0/3 CF)

you're probably right about the cat thing though.

10+ Year Old Account

Is it me, or can someone clarify this.

Was browsing the mmo-champion talent calculator for feral druid, and noticed that the talent Beserk for Bear form now has the tooltip of saying it can hit 1-6 targets instead of the current 1-3 targets. Duration and cooldown seemed unchanged so far.

Was this implemented in ptr testing, and if so so is it gonna be live?

I don't see anything in the patch notes stating this change.

Wanted to throw that in here instead of making a new post about it in case it was a error and also prevent starting rumours about it.
    It may not be gamebreaking but who knows what could happen.
    Cataclysm is so hard because of Wrath Baby Syndrome:
    Wrath Baby Syndrome is the disease commonly observed in people who grew comfortable with Wrath of the Lich King. Symptoms include:
    Terrible gameplay. Inability to avoid fire, void zones, other such crap. Inability to take responsibility for your failures. General idiocy. Finding "Anal [Link]" or mother jokes funny.
    Other symptoms include:Posting that Cataclysm is too hard, you obviously never played Vanilla or TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey
    Is it me, or can someone clarify this.

Was browsing the mmo-champion talent calculator for feral druid, and noticed that the talent Beserk for Bear form now has the tooltip of saying it can hit 1-6 targets instead of the current 1-3 targets. Duration and cooldown seemed unchanged so far.

Was this implemented in ptr testing, and if so so is it gonna be live?

I don't see anything in the patch notes stating this change.

Wanted to throw that in here instead of making a new post about it in case it was a error and also prevent starting rumours about it.
    It may not be gamebreaking but who knows what could happen.
    I haven't heard anything about it. The weirdest thing is the way it's phrased: "Hit up to 1 to 6 targets".

Deleted

It seems to have been changed in build 11599 and still there in build 11623. Build 11573 still has up to 3 targets.

I currently have Abomination's Bloody Ring and my revered ring from Ashen Verdict to tank with, but just received Band of the Bone Colossus - can anyone tell me which is better for tanking, and why? I am having hard time choosing between jewelery because of the str/agi/stam and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwuko
    I currently have Abomination's Bloody Ring and my revered ring from Ashen Verdict to tank with, but just received Band of the Bone Colossus - can anyone tell me which is better for tanking, and why? I am having hard time choosing between jewelery because of the str/agi/stam and such.
    You want to keep Abomination's Bloody Ring, and revered ring from Ashen Verdict.

The only source of str you should be getting is from Rings, Necklace, and Cloak.

The rest of your gear should be Agi.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iwuko
    Tank jewelry (with no useless stats like parry or block) is almost always better than equivalent-ilvl agi dps jewelry. It's not because of the strength, it's because of the tank stats -- the combination of defense + dodge on jewelry will be more avoidance than the agility on the dps versions, plus the tank versions have higher stam and usually another tank-worthy stat like armor, expertise, or hit. The agi jewelry will provide some avoidance/armor via agi and probably a bit more threat thanks to crit/haste, but if you're looking for survival gear or general-purpose tanking gear, it's better to stick with the tank jewelry.

The exception comes when you have a choice between a high ilvl agi dps piece and a much lower ilvl tank piece -- think icc dps piece vs. ilvl 213 tank piece.

Hi again, so I've tried to gather whatever rings I could, and kept the ones with str on it, but now my next big question is - what trinket should I go for?

I currently have Corroded Skeleton Key and Unidentifiable Organ. I am going to keep the Corroded Skeleton Key no matter what, but I aint so sure on the Organ. I mean the armor is nice and all, but wouldn't an item like Juggernaut's Vitality or the Corpse Tongue Coin I have lying in my back be a better choice? I am not just looking at the iLevel, but after having used the Organ for some time, I've concluded that the downtime of the proc is just too much on druids, because of our high dodge.

15+ Year Old Account

The uptime is practically the same around all tanks, or actually, it's a bit more for druids (e.g. my paladin has more avoidance than my druid, gg).

Keep CSK and UO.

Iwuka i've basically got all those 4 trinkets too. (Heroic Juggernauts / Heroic Corpse Tongue Coin / Normal Organ / Corroded Skeleton Key)

I swap my trinkets around depending on the fight. In a fight with a lot of magic damage a pure stamina trinket will be better then an armor trinket for example. Some fight mechanics favor high avoidance so the Corpse Tongue Coin ends up being better as a stamina trinket then. So imo trinkets and perhaps jewelry are the slots which you can easily carry around multiple items for an swap around depending on the fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    Iwuka i've basically got all those 4 trinkets too. (Heroic Juggernauts / Heroic Corpse Tongue Coin / Normal Organ / Corroded Skeleton Key)

I swap my trinkets around depending on the fight. In a fight with a lot of magic damage a pure stamina trinket will be better then an armor trinket for example. Some fight mechanics favor high avoidance so the Corpse Tongue Coin ends up being better as a stamina trinket then. So imo trinkets and perhaps jewelry are the slots which you can easily carry around multiple items for an swap around depending on the fight.
    trying to not be offending you but ...

seriously, but this is standard behavior for tanks since ... pretty much molten core.

[User won a 7 day vacation to anywhere but MMO-champion for this post]

Deleted

Well, you use Omen of Clarity in every build you put, and then, you say "White attacks are only a 5% damage of the bear". Thus, seeing that OoC only works with auto-attacks, make this talent useless to druid tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Missfit
    Well, you use Omen of Clarity in every build you put, and then, you say "White attacks are only a 5% damage of the bear". Thus, seeing that OoC only works with auto-attacks, make this talent useless to druid tanks.
    Not really. You have one point left and where is a good place to put that point at.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

That spec with 1/3 for improved mangle is jokes. I know a good place to put that wasted point

The other 2 specs could work, it just seems like alot to avoid spending 1 point in OoC

Deleted

i never run out of rage on bosses in icc 10/25, therefore i've tried a specc with imp. mangle and master shapeshifter and i have to say i'ts pretty awsome.
    given the fact that you'll have hard times tanking heroics it's not optimal but you can pull the highest tps by far with it.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...-on7YlU,,11159

ive been stacking 10 agi 15 stam gems, at what point should i turn those gems to pure stam? how much dodge is enough?