Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When to replace 4 piece t7

Im starting to get to the point where t8 is comming into my collection and I was wondering what yall thought about when to replace the t7 4 piece bonus. I was thinking of doing it when i get 2 piece t8, but was reading some of the forums and some people were saying something different. With items like obsidian greathelm and steelbreakers embrace being better in most cases then t7 individual pieces maybe I missed something about how good the set bonuses are versus the straight stat difference of the pieces. Anyways just looking for some more input. Thanks.

Re: When to replace 4 piece t7

The 4 pc bonus isn't nearly as incredible as it was prior to 3.1 since Judgement damage is down and it is now below CS (and HoW) on our clash priority list.

I'm not going to keep the 4 piece bonus. At worse, I might keep 2 piece until I get 4 T8 piece, but thats about it. Our judgement is nowhere as strong as it was and I think its not worth it at ALL to keep 4 T7 piece.

The tier 8 set bonuses are amazing IMO and definitely better than the (4 set) t7 bonus. So, to answer your question, replace them when you get some t8 or when you find gear with better stats. A lot of t7 is loaded with haste, which is not really that beneficial to ret pallies, the 2 set bonus is a keeper, but the 4 set bonus is not really as great as it used to be, and it is definitely not worth keeping the 4 set bonus along with all the haste that comes with the t7 gear.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

if your lucky then you can replace them as you go.
    for instance. you have the chest, leggs, head and shoulders. and you obtain the gloves first.
    from there on out it doesnt realy matter since the moment you get a new piece. youll give up 1 bonus but gain another.

just make sure you dont get yourself below the necessary caps like hit rating and such.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    The tier 8 set bonuses are amazing IMO and definitely better than the (4 set) t7 bonus. So, to answer your question, replace them when you get some t8 or when you find gear with better stats. A lot of t7 is loaded with haste, which is not really that beneficial to ret pallies, the 2 set bonus is a keeper, but the 4 set bonus is not really as great as it used to be, and it is definitely not worth keeping the 4 set bonus along with all the haste that comes with the t7 gear.
    The reply from Adamson is looming that absolutely bombs your assessment of haste. Seal damage ^ = Haste value ^. To say that haste isn't beneficial means that you don't know how to play or you are using Seal of Command(which also means you don't know how to play).

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

release of 3.1 was when you should've replaced it with BiS 3.0 items

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    A lot of t7 is loaded with haste, which is not really that beneficial to ret pallies
    /facepalm
    i imagine you stack ArP with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Remmei
    Im starting to get to the point where t8 is comming into my collection and I was wondering what yall thought about when to replace the t7 4 piece bonus. I was thinking of doing it when i get 2 piece t8, but was reading some of the forums and some people were saying something different. With items like obsidian greathelm and steelbreakers embrace being better in most cases then t7 individual pieces maybe I missed something about how good the set bonuses are versus the straight stat difference of the pieces. Anyways just looking for some more input. Thanks.
    If you're getting handed ulduar loot and you're not sure when to replace your t7 you probably need to be replaced yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The reply from Adamson is looming that absolutely bombs your assessment of haste. Seal damage ^ = Haste value ^. To say that haste isn't beneficial means that you don't know how to play or you are using Seal of Command(which also means you don't know how to play).
    Yea, sexy, sexy haste! It affects about 50% of my damage! That makes it 25% better than ArP, which we all know is the bestest ever!

But seriously, Haste gets completely rocked by equivelent itempoint values of Hit/Expertise/Crit/AP/(and mayby Agil, haven't checked on agil recently).

Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Yea, sexy, sexy haste! It affects about 50% of my damage! That makes it 25% better than ArP, which we all know is the bestest ever!

But seriously, Haste gets completely rocked by equivelent itempoint values of Hit/Expertise/Crit/AP/(and mayby Agil, haven't checked on agil recently).
    If you eliminate Hit and Expertise, which you should be capping anyways, and look at the order and values of the remaining stats. Strength>Crit>Haste>Agi>ArP>AP.

Agility has been a discussion on here very recently and how it is even if not possibly a little behind haste now. The difference in calculations happens to be what you are equipping for the simulator.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Probably the single best reason to replace your Naxx gear with Ulduar gear is that Blizzard took alot of the Plate gear, brought it back to their lab, and went:

- Stamina
    + Strength / anything else

Compare http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40742 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45330

and don't tell me it's because it's 6 iLV's higher :

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyn
    release of 3.1 was when you should've replaced it with BiS 3.0 items
    ^
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    If you're getting handed ulduar loot and you're not sure when to replace your t7 you probably need to be replaced yourself.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Well actually I did replace all of my T7 with BiS when the changes happened. I was getting whispered by a bunch of other players about how that was wrong, so I checked out Rawr and it always put in the 4 piece bonus. This is why I did a small test on the dummies, Im just getting some conflicting information so I thought I would ask here what other people thought. I didnt have time this week to do the crazy tests that I normally do to figure stuff out.

The other people that posted the helpful stuff, thank you. One thing I have noticed though is that we are getting too much hit/exp. Right now I have to find pieces that have neither on it because Im over both hit caps by a larger margin then I like to be. Things will be fine when I start to get more gear and have other options to go with. Guess it helps that Im a dwarf with a mace..... weapon upgrades have been non existant.

Replace 4-pc T7 only with 4-pc T8.
    Stormreaver.EU

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    >:/

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Right on!!! There should be an IQ test administered before people are allowed to post on this site.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Right on!!! There should be an IQ test administered before people are allowed to post on this site.
    we would be so lonely, no? :-\

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    we would be so lonely, no? :-\
    I've got it!!! We'll create out own Elitist Jerks forum!!