Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme
    u want 50% crit rating unbuffed before u start gemming for ArP, also u want 200 or so ArP from gear alone before u start stacking it
    Not true. 50% isn't a magical number, some people just prefer it. But if you have enough ArP from gear, start gemming ArP. (and if that was the case, you'd want 54.6% or so unbuffed, because your crit against level 83 is a lot lower than in the box)

Hi, I've got a question: How important is it to be expertise caped?
    I saw the stat values table from elitejerks and according to that ArP should be always better then hit or expertise rating - but I know, it's not that true, so I've got actualy this problem: Should I wear an item that makes me expertise caped (@+40 exp) or an item with +35 ArP, which lowers my expertise to 21?

Imo, expertise isn´t really important for us, since to maximize your DPS, you need to be behind the boss to shred,which means you cannot be dodged or parried, ofc there are some exceptions, like Kologarn, but you should be fine with 21 expertise.

The item with 35+ ArP will give you more dps more than the one with expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zudiak
    Imo, expertise isn´t really important for us, since to maximize your DPS, you need to be behind the boss to shred,which means you cannot be dodged or parried, ofc there are some exceptions, like Kologarn, but you should be fine with 21 expertise.

The item with 35+ ArP will give you more dps more than the one with expertise.
    You can't be blocked or parried, but you can be dodged from behind.

To be clear,

Players(us) cannot dodge, block or parry attacks from the rear.

Bosses however can only dodge from the rear. Thus expertise is a stat we want to invest in.

In raid situations, I just go with a unbuffed 7%hit and 22expertise.

15+ Year Old Account

You can't be blocked or parried, but you can be dodged from behind.
    Wrong, you can only miss from behind if you'r not hit capped at 8% (263 hit)
    FYI bosses CAN dodge even from behind, thats why you aim for both the expertise softcap and the hit cap.

Wrong, you can only miss from behind if you'r not hit capped at 8% (263 hit)
    35 ArP will give him more DPS than 41 expertise, and as he stated, he already has 21 expertise, which is OK for raiding.
    Please refrain from posting false/retarded information in my guide. It's clearly stated that there IS a expertise cap in my guild ergo a REASON for you to have it (bosses CAN dodge from behind, always have been able to since BC at least)

15+ Year Old Account

Its been that way since Beta. We just didn't see any expertise on gear until TBC because previously it was negated with + weapon skill (which was way over powered until it was nerf'd)

Although expertise isn't useless, never gem for it over agi or ArP. It's a DPS loss. Take gear with expertise, but never gem for it.

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.2! Edition

I had a question about RAWR and ArmPen.

Right now I am rocking 4 pieces of T8 (specifically Chest, Shoulders, Helm and Legs).

Since Armory is down now I will give you some stats I remember.

These are in cat form, self buffed with Improved Mark.

Crit = 52.46% (around that)
    Ap = 7450 (around that)
    ArmPen = 479

When in raid those numbers are alot higher of course

Crit = 55.8% (again around that)
    AP = 10k +
    ArmPen = 479

I am hit capped and expertise capped as well. I am of course by these numbers gemming and what not for ArmPen but RAWR still insist that I us agility gems. I am using Grim Toll which also includes 600+ ArmPen on proc.

Is RAWR correct? Should I swap out some of my gems to agility? I was focusing on getting the ring from Ignis and the Staff off of General so I would have right about 600 ArmPen without Grim procing but RAWR has me a little confused.

Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

Feral_4_Life

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/

It's a great site. And to your question:

The ArmPen soft cap is 566 rating (this means you have 1 of the 2 arp-trinkets)
    So when you get to that point (without foodbuff) on your arp-rating, you should continue by socketing agility.

That's all I have to say.
    -Sinma
    ..::||Sinma||::..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinma
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/

It's a great site. And to your question:

The ArmPen soft cap is 566 rating (this means you have 1 of the 2 arp-trinkets)
    So when you get to that point (without foodbuff) on your arp-rating, you should continue by socketing agility.

That's all I have to say.
    -Sinma
    its only 566 with MRS (thorium HM trinket) It's higher, around 612 i think with grim toll as grim toll procs for less ArP then MRS.

its only 566 with MRS (thorium HM trinket) It's higher, around 612 i think with grim toll as grim toll procs for less ArP then MRS.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45931 Mjolnir and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40256 Grim Toll

Dunno, but atleast in my school 612==612...

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45931 Mjolnir and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40256 Grim Toll

Dunno, but atleast in my school 612==612...
    Apparently they didnt teach you how to read comments.

"Drops off 10-man Thorim on hard mode.

The proc is actually 665 armor penetration rating."

My apologies! You're right, I didn't read the comments.

My apologies! You're right, I didn't read the comments.
    oh well I was wrong about the 612 thing...pretty sure its 619 with Grim toll for ArP cap now...been testing it out tonight, guild finally got Hard mode Vezux 25 man

@Feral_4_Life

Rawr rates agil higher because it assumes 100% bleeds uptime.

15+ Year Old Account

Pask -- I was re-reading the guide for fun (or boredom at work, one or the other ), and noticed that weapon enchants are missing.  Might be something nice to add for the people confused about Massacre vs. Berserking vs. Mongoose, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Pask -- I was re-reading the guide for fun (or boredom at work, one or the other ), and noticed that weapon enchants are missing. Might be something nice to add for the people confused about Massacre vs. Berserking vs. Mongoose, etc.
    Hmm didn't even notice that, I'll update asap. Thanks

Trinket Question
    Hey got a question .. I recently switched guild and now my main is Feral Currently I got Sphere of Red Dragons Blood & OS25 trinket. Gonna get Mjollnir Runestone asap .. And now for the big question, I am thinking of buying Noble Card. But I was wondering if it was a waste with the new trinkets coming up in Coliseum patch? They seem quite easy to obtain...
    Would Noble Card be a waste?