Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.2! Edition

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it since I only read the original post, but if you're in a 10/25 man and have an arms warrior with you then you don't need to keep mangle up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it since I only read the original post, but if you're in a 10/25 man and have an arms warrior with you then you don't need to keep mangle up.
    thanks captin obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Madzda
    Trinket Question
    Hey got a question .. I recently switched guild and now my main is Feral Currently I got Sphere of Red Dragons Blood & OS25 trinket. Gonna get Mjollnir Runestone asap .. And now for the big question, I am thinking of buying Noble Card. But I was wondering if it was a waste with the new trinkets coming up in Coliseum patch? They seem quite easy to obtain...
    Would Noble Card be a waste?
    It's not to expensive so i don't think it'd be a waste at all considering its BiS for tanking AND DPS atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    thanks captin obvious.
    hahahaha

6000g is Alot...

6000g is Alot...
    runs for about 4750g on my server, pretty sweet.

Gief ..
    atm I'm buying cards 1 by 1 at as close to 500g as possible ..

Yes, I decided to buy it since response inhere was inexist or too slow hope I made the right decision

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, I decided to buy it since response inhere was inexist or too slow hope I made the right decision
    It's a personal decision... I'm not sad that I bought mine a little while ago. It's the best you can get now for tank and dps, and I'd guess nobody's going to get all of the pretty new trinkets immediately when patch comes out, so I think it's still worth it (if you have the money).

I bought my deck for 5k at the cheapest point in the price cycle, which seems to be about a week after the faire leaves town.. on my server as it gets closer to the faire, it costs 7-8k. Maybe timing your purchases well will help you to find a decent price.

The deck itself goes for 6-7k atm. but cards go for 400-1000g... And there's 2 weeks to the Faire is coming .. I'm hoping I can make a deal with a guildie so I don't spend too much money

Anyone knows how much Armor Penetration do i need to have for the soft cap?

122 ArPen = 10%
    5% Arpen from FF(F)
    Sunder/Expose armor/acid spit = 25%
    So you want roughly 366ArP (50%) i'd say if you have a 50% ArPen trinket as 100% is (or will be, dunno if it's changed yet). Although, i could be wrong ^^ but it seems a bit silly to get more than that to me - unless you think of it as a static buff instead and [insert calculation here], say it has 50% uptime of 50% arpen so you'd want an extra 25% or so maximum before it seriously devalues.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Safiroth
    Anyone knows how much Armor Penetration do i need to have for the soft cap?
    This was just discussed last page. >

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura
    122 ArPen = 10%
    5% Arpen from FF(F)
    Sunder/Expose armor/acid spit = 25%
    So you want roughly 366ArP (50%) i'd say if you have a 50% ArPen trinket as 100% is (or will be, dunno if it's changed yet). Although, i could be wrong ^^ but it seems a bit silly to get more than that to me - unless you think of it as a static buff instead and [insert calculation here], say it has 50% uptime of 50% arpen so you'd want an extra 25% or so maximum before it seriously devalues.
    FF / Sunder aren't counted in the armor pen percentage, they're separate. You want to get exactly the armor pen to make trinket proc + static armor pen from gear/food = 100%. For grim toll (proc of 612 arp), soft cap is 619 armor pen; for MR (proc of 665 arp), soft cap is 566. Hard cap is 1231 armor pen rating.

Meh, i'm not generally cat :-X it's interesting about ff&sunder... was going to not include them but wasn't sure. Interesting to know... and yeah, i didn't read through all of it as the bloke who asked the question ^^ as ArPen doesn't concern me that much atm in my level of gear on my alts alt spec.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    This was just discussed last page. >

FF / Sunder aren't counted in the armor pen percentage, they're separate. You want to get exactly the armor pen to make trinket proc + static armor pen from gear/food = 100%. For grim toll (proc of 612 arp), soft cap is 619 armor pen; for MR (proc of 665 arp), soft cap is 566. Hard cap is 1231 armor pen rating.
    Sorry , but thanks for answering

Deleted

Thanks ^^ alot of helpful tips, i've never been arsed to keep SR or dots up, i just mangle mangle bite all day cuz im lazy, this will probably improve my dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.1 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSkorge
    yeah you only need to be soft-capped expertise for raiding imo. 6%
    6.5%, which is 26 expertise with primal precision.

I don't know if this has been posted already, I don't feel like reading through all 18 pages.

Since reading this guide posted below I've been able to get my dps up to about 5000 in mostly naxx gear, I have 1 t8 piece 10 man ulduar weapon and conquest badge neck. Before the guide I was doing about 4200.

http://www.ensidia.com/home/guides/complete-feral/

15+ Year Old Account

Haioken, you know theres this thing called a search function and it picks up web page links like that. that particular guide has been posted several times before, its ok but it relies to heavily on copy & pasted stats/numbers from Rawr to be a great guide.

I've found the guide to be an excellent foundation. I took what I needed from it and built upon it. I've read through this thread several times yet it's hard to remember when a guide has been posted and if so which thread since I read many. Other people may look up this thread and only read the latest pages so I see no problem with duplicate links. It was never meant to be gospel, it's just something that worked for me.

nice guide mate
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Great guide, and noticed you finally added weapon enchant section, been itching to say something about that.