Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Feral Druids - The Cat Guide. 3.2 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxx
    I've been getting some upgrades on gear recently and my expertise is dropping. Is it ok to gem expertise?
    It's probably not really necessary unless you're that close to the crit cap. If it makes you more comfortable in your rotation, though, it may be worth it for you anyway.

This thread needs to be updated, with sections touching upon the crit cap and changing stat values for the new tier.

would it be more beneficial to pop tiger's fury before applying a bleed or does it increase its damage on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou
    would it be more beneficial to pop tiger's fury before applying a bleed or does it increase its damage on the fly?
    its ap based

Far as I know, DoTs DO benefit from the extra damage TF provides.
    To purr, or not to purr...

15+ Year Old Account

DoT damage is set for the full duration when you apply it; the damage doesn't change as it's ticking. So for any trinkets / cooldowns / TF, you're best off popping it and then applying your DoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitharia
    Far as I know, DoTs DO benefit from the extra damage TF provides.
    They don't. Rip, Rake and Ferocious Bite have base values that scale with AP. Not affected by Tiger's Fury.

Attacks like Mangle, Shred, Swipe, Ravage and obviously auto attacks are % of weapon damage. Those are the only ones affected by Tiger's Fury.

I got 2 questions

- Our main goal is to get 100% armor penetration wich is 1400 rating. But does the buffs <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16857">Faerie Fire</a> or <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=7386">Sunder armor</a> affect our armor penetration hardcap? A link for more information about this would be nice

- I got trouble with keeping Rake dot up. Before it runs out I use Rake to refresh the dot but a lot of times it doesn't refresh the duration. I tried on a dummy and I saw no dodge/parry/miss in my recount data. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

If you are interested in my character here is my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cutus&cn=Eumer

Quote Originally Posted by Slckaer
    - Our main goal is to get 100% armor penetration wich is 1400 rating. But does the buffs <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16857">Faerie Fire</a> or <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=7386">Sunder armor</a> affect our armor penetration hardcap? A link for more information about this would be nice

- I got trouble with keeping Rake dot up. Before it runs out I use Rake to refresh the dot but a lot of times it doesn't refresh the duration. I tried on a dummy and I saw no dodge/parry/miss in my recount data. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
    Faerie Fire and Sunder armor do not change the ArP hard cap. Check out Armor Penetration at wowwiki for an explanation of why.

Don't clip your rake. What happens sometimes is that the current bleed for your rake is better than the rake you are trying to put on (due to procs etc), so you receive the combo point and the initial damage but won't override the bleed.

our hard cap is based on the boss already having FF and 5x sunders on the boss..

so how can you say it doesnt have an effect?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tourettsbear
    our hard cap is based on the boss already having FF and 5x sunders on the boss..

so how can you say it doesnt have an effect?
    It doesn't have an effect on the amount of arp rating you need to get 100%. With or without sunder/ff, you need 1400 rating to hard cap. There's always going to be a small bit of armor leftover after your hardcap that you can't reduce (see wowwiki or other threads for an explanation of why); sunder/ff just makes that leftover part lower.

In your forum it says you can FB as long as rip doesn't fall off when, in fact, you WANT rip to fall off becasue it's last tick of damage is as it falls off, so if you renewed rip before it fell off you would be clipping your dps and gimping yourself.

Also, in reply to another post about specing for either improved swipe for AoE damage or FB, here is my raid spec, for AoE fights I pull 27k+ dps and for boss fights like Festergut and Saurfang where I can sit there and open up I pull close to 12k dps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...hiteRoseShadow

Quote Originally Posted by Shauria
    In your forum it says you can FB as long as rip doesn't fall off when, in fact, you WANT rip to fall off becasue it's last tick of damage is as it falls off, so if you renewed rip before it fell off you would be clipping your dps and gimping yourself.

Also, in reply to another post about specing for either improved swipe for AoE damage or FB, here is my raid spec and as you can see I am specced fully into both, for AoE fights I pull 27k+ dps and for boss fights like Festergut and Saurfang where I can sit there and open up I pull close to 12k dps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...hiteRoseShadow

one simple question, (doesn't matter alot anymore now due to mangle change but i suspect u posted this prior to it) do you have a war with you for trauma?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Shauria
    saying "as long as rip doesn't fall off" is implying that you can have 5 combo points and energy for rip as it does it's last tick. so it's meant as in don't let rip off longer when you FB rather than when you just refresh normally

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    It doesn't have an effect on the amount of arp rating you need to get 100%. With or without sunder/ff, you need 1400 rating to hard cap. There's always going to be a small bit of armor leftover after your hardcap that you can't reduce (see wowwiki or other threads for an explanation of why); sunder/ff just makes that leftover part lower.
    saying "go to wowwiki" means nothing.

I'm not saying that ff/sunder effects our cap. What I am saying is, "because we have 1400 armor pen" the whole ff/sunder doesnt matter after that (which appears to be what your hinting at) is wrong, because the more armor reduction they have, the more beneficial our 1400 armor pen is. which in turn is more damage.

before you post on arpen, go read the formula's on how it works..
    http://www.qqpewpew.com/2009/05/11/n...r-penetration/

What I am saying is, "because we have 1400 armor pen" the whole ff/sunder doesnt matter after that (which appears to be what your hinting at) is wrong, because the more armor reduction they have, the more beneficial our 1400 armor pen is.
    Your senteces are pretty confusing tbh, I'm not even sure what's your argument.

I'm guessing you're saying that having 100% arp (1400 rating) doesn't mean ff/sunder aren't beneficial? That would be correct, and you and Sunshine actually agree with each other.

I'm not sure what your earlier "our hard cap is based on the boss already having FF and 5x sunders on the boss.." meant, and I guess that confused Sunshine too.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

How many % of your rawr theoretical DPS do you guys usually reach on a stationary fight like festergut or saurfang?

I'm primarily a bear and don't kittie that often, but I end up between 80 and 85%. I think that's mostly due to mistakes though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I'm guessing you're saying that having 100% arp (1400 rating) doesn't mean ff/sunder aren't beneficial? That would be correct, and you and Sunshine actually agree with each other.
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I'm not sure what your earlier "our hard cap is based on the boss already having FF and 5x sunders on the boss.." meant, and I guess that confused Sunshine too.
    Yep. Hard cap is 1400 rating, and that is hard cap regardless of whether there are FF and sunder on the boss or not. Hopefully they're there, because they're still beneficial, but the boss will still have some armor left either way. With FF & sunder, there's less armor, of course, which is better for us because we'll have more damage... but the hard cap on armor pen rating is still 1400 rating.

saying "go to wowwiki" means nothing.
    before you post on arpen, go read the formula's on how it works..
    http://www.qqpewpew.com/2009/05/11/n...r-penetration/
    I don't see how saying "go to wowwiki" is any different than saying "read this explanation of armor pen". Wowwiki's article on armor pen is also well explained.