Thread: Vezax Hard Mode

Vezax Hard Mode

My guild did hard mode Vezax tonight, and while I had enough mana left to burn down the Animus, that required me to do a large amount of wanding throughout phase 1, and after the Animus was dead.

I did the fight as 3/14/54 (my 10 man spec, as we don't have a moonkin/spriest for 10 mans). I also tried it as 0/13/58, but since imp SL doesn't work on Vezax that was kind of pointless.

Does anyone have any advice on a particularly mana-efficient spec for Vezax? I can't think of any spec that has especially cheap spells, etc.

kriS411

Re: Vezax Hard Mode

Hm, are you sure that you always stand in the shadow crashs?

I never heared of DD mana problems or the need to use vapors as such...

I have to say, I find it impressive that you could have done Vezax hard mode and yet not gotten the achievement for it on either 10 or 25 on either of your level 80s. Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    Hm, are you sure that you always stand in the shadow crashs?

I never heared of DD mana problems or the need to use vapors as such...
    You haven't heard of dps mana problems because there aren't. This guy's a pretender.

Quote Originally Posted by Golijov
    I have to say, I find it impressive that you could have done Vezax hard mode and yet not gotten the achievement for it on either 10 or 25 on either of your level 80s. Rofl.
    By "tonight" I mean approx. 20 minutes ago, and I'm still in Ulduar.

Edit: and yes, of course I'm in the goddam shadow crashes.

Edit: I've since logged off for the night, and my armory has updated to reflect the hard mode Vezax achievement.

Been wondering the same thing. haven't tried hardmode yet and usually don't run out of mana till the end without going in cloud. Guess by not kiting and having one crash spot will reduce the timer you have to dps as everyone dps is increased.

Incinerate is 14% base mana while shadow bolt is 17%. So incinerate spec seem to be the best choice. So the most mana efficient spec would be Deep Destro or 41,30. not taking ISL. get suppression to swap gear with more int if your still having trouble with mana.

To the extreme if your healers all have it you could always get Spark of Hope trinket to reduce mana use even more.

If your deep destro by getting ride of Soul leech you could get Soul link to reduce dmg taken in phase 2.

while not kiting might increase your dps, its a waste of healer mana, havent seen a lot of kill vids doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    while not kiting might increase your dps, its a waste of healer mana, havent seen a lot of kill vids doing that
    We didn't do the kite thing--had a blood DK tanking, and he would just IBF every surge, and he was spamming DS which helped healer mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlok
    If your deep destro by getting ride of Soul leech you could get Soul link to reduce dmg taken in phase 2.
    Perhaps I'll try 41/30 next week...backdraft is wasted on vezax anyway hehe.

You could have a look at your gear. Since you only have your max mana x 1 to do as much damage as possible. Haste is essentially a wasted stat, while a few extra points of intelligence could mean an extra incinerate.