Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.1.3 - paladin nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha707
    For the guy who posted this, Honestly you have no idea how warlock plays.... Dude fear has diminishing return..if you have your shadow aura on, most of the time fear won't last that long or even hit at all. Second you QQ for people hitting you hard on arena, while only having 220 resilence? what is wrong with you? and FYI demonic teleport is the only chance we can get away when pally's use their Divine Shield. So don't even bad mouth a class just because you are losing to one. ;D
    Aye, DR = 5second? pff, he teleports then to his sircle and he comes again with brand new fears, OR he just fears your teammate. And shadow aura stuffs do nothing. As for the 220 resilience, i know fairly well how to survive with my pala, i dont need even 220 resi, just some stuff from pvp are better than my pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    Aye, DR = 5second? pff, he teleports then to his sircle and he comes again with brand new fears, OR he just fears your teammate. And shadow aura stuffs do nothing. As for the 220 resilience, i know fairly well how to survive with my pala, i dont need even 220 resi, just some stuff from pvp are better than my pve.
    you dont have resil? you will be insta gibbed by anyone noticing your tiny hp pool or "please kill me" armor graphics

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

That's the problem; people are applying gear that is meant to DPS bosses with massive health pools against people barely over 15k health. Resilience doesn't mean shit when two tiered out DPS classes come wailing on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    That's the problem; people are applying gear that is meant to DPS bosses with massive health pools against people barely over 15k health. Resilience doesn't mean shit when two tiered out DPS classes come wailing on you.
    appropriate cc/peeling and itll be one tiered out.

then you can easily finish the pve no resil tards

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Wow, you REALLY dont know a thing about locks or diminishing returns, so heres the short version

fear 1- 10 seconds
    fear 2- 5 seconds
    fear 3- 2 seconds

after that, the target is immune to fears for 15 seconds.

Now before anyone says it, yes Death coil does reset the DR of fear, but with 1 incinerate or 2 ticks of a dot breaking fear nowadays, that doesn't mean much. Long gone are the days of lolfear from 100 to 0. And like I said before, I'm happy at this change cause it was a crutch for locks. We just need a better way to survive.
    Shinsui- Nathrezim

destroing it up since prebc

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    appropriate cc/peeling and itll be one tiered out.

then you can easily finish the pve no resil tards
    lol.... you have no clue..

lol.... you have no clue..
    if all 3 of you are appropriately resiled and its literally 2 PVE GEARED dps. then this is easy enough.
    they will likely blow their offensive cd's instantly so bop/painsuppression/barkskin and prehots. (shaman are most fucked, lol)

cc the the other dps. their will always be the lolstorming warrior. if you can survive that, then its just a matter of insta gibbing one of the silly little no resil dps

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    cloak of shadows +/ sprint
    or
    shadow step

Even with talent points in Guardian's Favor - it was barely enough before - .. now it's just going to be outright ridiculous, - gonna spend all my mana hammering cleanse whilst <enemy> just keeps reapplying and keeps dps'ing
    You do realize all of those have longer cooldowns then 25 seconds? And not too many rogues are sub, so they won't even have shadowstep.

15+ Year Old Account

PvP forums =====================>

This has gotten so off topic....

Quote Originally Posted by manthing
    I think they should imo nerf paladins more. Its just too stupid easy to burst shit down with smacking 3 buttons. Doesnt matter in which order those buttons are pressed or anything. Then if it seems that you are losing just press one button and TADAA full health. If even that is not enough press another button and TADAA you are immune to everything.

Paladins class is just beyond stupid.
    This is such a worthless post I don't even know where to begin. I'll just leave 2 words FAIL and TROLL. I love how all these other classes fly to the Paladin forums to talk shit. And on to the locks, we don't care about your rotation or what you do in pvp. ZOMGAWD this guy said this is how I pvp, I must prevail and defend thy Warlock name and honor. GTFO! So do any pallys have anything they want to say? If you aren't a Pally atleast post in the first sentence "I'm not a Pally so don't read my pointless post" since the majority of us here are for Paladin discussion which you normally can't have a legitimate response if they don't play one.
    Halloween (2007) (Dr. Samuel L. Loomis):
    These eyes will deceive you, they will destroy you. They will take from you, your innocence, your pride, and eventually your soul. These eyes do not see what you and I see. Behind these eyes one finds only blackness, the absence of light, these are of a psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by potatersalad
    This is such a worthless post I don't even know where to begin. I'll just leave 2 words FAIL and TROLL. I love how all these other classes fly to the Paladin forums to talk shit. And on to the locks, we don't care about your rotation or what you do in pvp. ZOMGAWD this guy said this is how I pvp, I must prevail and defend thy Warlock name and honor. GTFO! So do any pallys have anything they want to say? If you aren't a Pally atleast post in the first sentence "I'm not a Pally so don't read my pointless post" since the majority of us here are for Paladin discussion which you normally can't have a legitimate response if they don't play one.
    Rarely do Paladins get to discuss anything. Any time we post about ANYTHING, all we get is "OMG QQ MAOR PALLEEZ" Because of the 0 resilience, 15k HP, butthurt morons who hop into Wintergrasp and get annihilated. These fleshy sacks of hot pockets, candy, and soda, can't stop for ONE instant to think "hmm... what can I do to better combat this better-geared, better-played enemy so that I'm not walking into certain death" but instead go "OMG, I didn't win instantly against a Paladin, NO FAIR" and head to the forums to dry their crying vagina on pages upon pages of QQ about a class that isn't even #3 in top arena team representation when you COMBINE two radically different specs that serve different roles.

Its nto that cut and dry. The problem with paladins is class design. I play a mage and i think these two classess mirror each other.

The idea of a mage is that i do a lot of damge ( the most i thought) but to reach that i give up survivability. The glass cannon. The idea behind paladins has always been the opposite. Weak damage but they can live forever. The problem I have with paladins is that they do too much damage with all that survivability.

Blizzards idea of balance is everyone gets to do the same amount of damage. Balance. But no. Mages should be able to kill someone in 5 seconds because when leanedon by a good player thats all we can last. Paladins can survive for 60 seconds before they run out of options so it should take them a minute to kill someone. ( not literally a minute but a lot longer then a mage). Thats the whole idea behind blessing of freedom, bubble, lay on hands, not goign oom. So they can stay on you logn enough to get you down.

The idea that a paladin has as much if not more burst then a mage is just dumb. Blizzard is now realizing this and instead of doing the right thing to balance the situation, which is taking away a lot of their damage, they are screwing with paladins staple skills.

I have never been upset with paladins being extremly hard to kill, nor have i ever thought of that as OP. But once they have good damge they become Steel Cannons and that is OP.

Take away a lot of a paladins burst and big crits and they can have blessign of freedom up 100% of the time and lay on hands on a 3 minute cooldown for all i care. Thats the lore and idea behind paladins that they cant be stopped. But they shouldnt be killing machines at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch
    Its nto that cut and dry. The problem with paladins is class design. I play a mage and i think these two classess mirror each other.

The idea of a mage is that i do a lot of damge ( the most i thought) but to reach that i give up survivability. The glass cannon. The idea behind paladins has always been the opposite. Weak damage but they can live forever. The problem I have with paladins is that they do too much damage with all that survivability.

Blizzards idea of balance is everyone gets to do the same amount of damage. Balance. But no. Mages should be able to kill someone in 5 seconds because when leanedon by a good player thats all we can last. Paladins can survive for 60 seconds before they run out of options so it should take them a minute to kill someone. ( not literally a minute but a lot longer then a mage). Thats the whole idea behind blessing of freedom, bubble, lay on hands, not goign oom. So they can stay on you logn enough to get you down.

The idea that a paladin has as much if not more burst then a mage is just dumb. Blizzard is now realizing this and instead of doing the right thing to balance the situation, which is taking away a lot of their damage, they are screwing with paladins staple skills.

I have never been upset with paladins being extremly hard to kill, nor have i ever thought of that as OP. But once they have good damge they become Steel Cannons and that is OP.

Take away a lot of a paladins burst and big crits and they can have blessign of freedom up 100% of the time and lay on hands on a 3 minute cooldown for all i care. Thats the lore and idea behind paladins that they cant be stopped. But they shouldnt be killing machines at the same time.
    The problem with your thought process is that you're not fairly counting defenses.

Paladins have bubble, LoH, and hands, but all of them are on lengthy cooldowns, for a 5 minute stretch of play, all we'd have is BoF, and that's not enough to get even a single kill without our matching burst.

You have blink, iceblock, spellsteal, and counterspell that all can greatly increase your survivability, if you're only lasting 6 seconds in any given fight, you're not using those tools.

A paladin that lasts 60 seconds under direct fire that would kill a mage in 6 seconds, without a healer, had to use his bubble, LoH, Seal+Judgement of Light, and both his stun and incapacitate. He would have to be doing virtually NO burst damage during that 60 seconds. The mage would do more damage in those 6 seconds than the paladin would in his 60.

It's simply not fair to compare a stationary mage, doing nothing to defend himself, just mashing damage, to a Paladin playing 100% defensive mode, and saying "Your burst equals mine. Something needs to change"

Paladins of any spec come out of the gates pretty strong, but a few spellsteals into the match, or a shattering throw or mass dispel with any kind of timing, and you completely waste their only trump card, and basically win the match then and there. That's what needs reworked. Paladins need to have more ways to defend themselves, not just OMGBUBBLE, if they're going to be denied any kind of control device in PvP. Even our incredible burst isn't enough all by itself.