Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Poor locks

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    Fear #no.1= 9 seconds
    Fear #no.2= 6 seconds
    Fear #no.3= 3 seconds
    Since the nerf, fear will not last that long while taking damage. My warlock's fear (a single one) lasts *maybe* 1-3 seconds with some dps on the target..???
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Galdinar
    Since the nerf, fear will not last that long while taking damage. My warlock's fear (a single one) lasts *maybe* 1-3 seconds with some dps on the target..???
    i dont know if you saw, but he only needs 2-3 hits to kill you, so 3 seconds will be more than enough. and if not. he fears again, doh! :-\

15+ Year Old Account

i dont know if you saw, but he only needs 2-3 hits to kill you, so 3 seconds will be more than enough. and if not. he fears again, doh!  :-\
    3 seconds is what, one gcd after casting fear, and maybe one spell?

Then you've got another gcd + the cast time of the next fear to close the distance and interrupt them.

The spells he's using to blow the guy up aren't instant, they have a cast time (except Conflag). Dispel Immolate and they hit a lot weaker (and they can't use Conflag at all!)
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted

i dont know if you saw, but he only needs 2-3 hits to kill you, so 3 seconds will be more than enough. and if not. he fears again, doh! :-\
    Even Chaos Bolt has 2.5 second cast time. So no, it's not 3 seconds. Conflagrate, Corruption and curses are instant, everything else has cast time. Yes, even Immolate. And Conflagrate has cooldown on it, you can't spam it. And atleast for me fear breaks almost as soon as I hit even with one spell. Yes, I know fear is a really annoying kind of CC and I wouldn't mind it being changed to something different. But fear isn't even nearly as powerful as you might think, there's so many classes that are immune to it nowadays that it's almost ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Even Chaos Bolt has 2.5 second cast time. So no, it's not 3 seconds. Conflagrate, Corruption and curses are instant, everything else has cast time. Yes, even Immolate. And Conflagrate has cooldown on it, you can't spam it. And atleast for me fear breaks almost as soon as I hit even with one spell. Yes, I know fear is a really annoying kind of CC and I wouldn't mind it being changed to something different. But fear isn't even nearly as powerful as you might think, there's so many classes that are immune to it nowadays that it's almost ridiculous.
    tbh:
    l2p, fear is best CC nowadays.
    Opponent runs around randomly, maybe even away from healer for 9sec then 6sec then 3sec and breaks when target takes dmg equal to 20% of it's health? Yes please!
    Fear>Immolate>Chaos Bolt>Conflagrate > 20k dmg (can't dispell in fear unless you have partner)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Isabis

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Darkent
    l2p, fear is best CC nowadays.
    I just don't quite agree there. Warriors are immune to it, priests can give fear ward to negate atleast one attempt at fearing, a simple totem can dispell fear and so on.

Fear>Immolate>Chaos Bolt>Conflagrate > 20k dmg (can't dispell in fear unless you have partner)
    On a target with no resilience and if both crit, sure.

I just don't quite agree there. Warriors are immune to it, priests can give fear ward to negate atleast one attempt at fearing, a simple totem can dispell fear and so on.

On a target with no resilience and if both crit, sure.
    Every CC can be immune by some classes or be removed.
    Repentance > can be immune/removed, dispelled, breaks on dmg, 1min CD
    Hex > can be immune/removed, dispelled, breaks on ~20% dmg of total hp, 45sec CD
    Sheep > can be immune, dispelled, breaks on dmg, regenerates opponent hp
    Blind > can be removed, breaks on dmg, 1min CD (or 1.30min, 2min, not sure)
    Hungering Cold > can be immune, dispelled, breaks on dmg, 1min CD
    Cyclone > can be immune
    Fear > can be immune/removed, dispelled, breaks on ~20% dmg of total hp
    There are some more but these are mostly used.

So, which of these looks most powerful to you?
    To me it's without a doubt Fear and Cyclone.

...and Immolate>Chaos bolt>Conflagrate can easily be 15k dmg with only one critting on target with 700res.

Stun

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    Stun
    Right
    Kidney shot > 4-5sec coz of talents/gems/racials, can be immune/removed,doesn't break on dmg, 20sec CD
    Hoj > 4-5sec, can be immune/removed, dispelled, doesn't break on dmg, 40sec CD
    Pet stun...
    That's it moslty.

Still, I find Fear and Cyclone more powerful coz it can be spammed and has no CD.

Meh, nothing to see here.
    Just a scrub PvP-ing in his PvE gear to burst people down, gets bursted comes to whine, usual drill...

Btw you can wipe your ass with that 500 res, I have 800 and I'm dieing as fast as u did there...

Burst or be bursted, stop bitchin...

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fu*ker in the valley...."

To me it's without a doubt Fear and Cyclone.

Cyclone is worse, it's just anoying when you manage to land a holy light and it shows "immune". And you can't bubble out from it.

About lack of resil, I have 950 resil and I still can get 20k dmg from a lock in few secs. I would say that high hp pool is more important than resil, on that case. At least for a healer, I mean.

Typical PvP in WoW since BC/Wotlk were intoduced. Cheer if you got a lucky crit and one shot some one, smash your head against a wall if the opponent did. :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Not read all the replies as its late but..imo

You was not in PvP gear or the lock had a good amount of SP and was in PvE gear... Amirite?

Secondly..Some lucky crits dont mean we are OP...I take it you think we are, Otherwise why post it on a forum?
    (We Being Destro locks)

Also with it being a dual what really do you want to say by bringing it too a forum? "I was pratting around with a friend and this happened"? If it was arena and you had 800-900 resi then fair enough. But in duels have you never crit for around 10k?

We are called destruction warlocks for a reason........ I would trade some burst for survivability anyday IN arena, But people complaining about our burst will just get us nerfed For PvE. there is no good and simple way around it, happily take the 10k chaos bolt and think "wow... I should get some PvP gear" and in the long run it will be better for you duel locks in your PvE gear. Think or it as a lesson! :P

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

my english is bad forgive me

with 2650 sp (pvp gear) i got 22% crit +5% from the talent (conflagrate got another 25% crit chance if immolate is up on the target)

my Chaos Bolt crit 9k conflagrate 8k vs target with 800 resi. 8+9=17k

the chance to crit with both of them is the 20%,i think is pretty high but what u need for do that?

i need 4 seconds for cast my combo. in this time u just need to dispell immolate for stop me.

now i'll explain how i play vs pally:

1;fear
    2;fear (I start to cast the second fear before u use the trinket because im sure...
    u will use it)
    3;immolate
    4;chaos bolt
    5;conflagrate
    6;shadowfury

now u must use bubble or

7;icninerate (if cb and conflagrate critted now you are dead)
    8;death coil
    8;incinerate (now u are surely dead)

the game now is resetted and the warlock is cd less so he will use teleport.
    now you got 10 seconds where he can't use fear and 17 seconds before the stun is up,at this point all u need is to use all your cd for kill him

some advices: see if he is casting another fear before to use trinket,chaos bolt and conflagrate can crit you for a max of 17k so DON'T USE BUBBLE. he must use death coil or shadowfury for finish you NOW YOU MUST USE BUBBLE

i explained the best scenario for locks where the pally doesn't interrupt the combo with dispell or stun.

I actually made this account for the sole purpose of posting a reply to THIS thread.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/

Warlocks have the lowest % of arena representation in top teams, if it were this easy for warlocks to get such high numbarz, why aren't we higher up?
    The numbers you posted are only achievable in top gear with good buffs, and this kind of gear would have us one-shotted in arenas.

I feel like I'm posting the exact same thing every other warlock is posting, but I have to to get it through thick ret-skulls

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badvibes
    I actually made this account for the sole purpose of posting a reply to THIS thread.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/

Warlocks have the lowest % of arena representation in top teams, if it were this easy for warlocks to get such high numbarz, why aren't we higher up?
    The numbers you posted are only achievable in top gear with good buffs, and this kind of gear would have us one-shotted in arenas.

I feel like I'm posting the exact same thing every other warlock is posting, but I have to to get it through thick ret-skulls
    And so what? i bet 90% of wow popularity doesnt know exactly warlock's mechanics (skills talents and gameplay) and they find the class hard to play. Best reasons to keep ppl away from locks, innit? Ah, and not to mention that EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYONE is complaining about being 2-shotted by a lock, but still ret pala's burst is just too much... (i wish i had a teleport circle!?)

CoE = 1sec GCD, Immolate has 2s cast, that's 3 seconds gone, conflagrate is yet another GCD.. And with the conflagrate buff casting Chaos Bolt still does take about 1.8 seconds or something (2.5s normal cast).
    Destro locks don't have http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=18288
    That means 1.5sec GCD on CoE

Now let me introduce you to :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=17792

guess what? That means :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47811 = 1.5sec
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59172 = 2.0sec

The destro lock in the screenshot obviously used Conflagrate after Chaos bolt in order not to break the fear while he was casting his 2sec Chaos bolt.
    So, no http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47260

To set up this burst he had to : 1.5sec Fear + 1.5sec Coe + 1.5sec Immolate + 2sec Chaos Bolt + Conflag

That's 6.5sec (with no haste)

So yeah Chaos bolt and Conflagrate would land almost at the same time IF the lock waited for Chaos bolt to land to hit Conflag (and that would be clever from him because a pro retpal would have bubble'd otherwise)

Now you know what to do if a destro lock put immolate on you,start casting Chaos bolt and you have no way to interrupt it (and less than 600resi)
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    * Haha gotta <3 that pic. Iunno how people dun see the sarcasm here. It's nothing serious.
    * Yup, cleanse (could) save your ass. If it doesn't dispel another dot on your ass 1st -__- (Corruption?)

<Insert stupid picture here>
    Try using your keyboard and actually attacking the lock next time. KTHX.
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

So.. the point of this thread..? All I'm seeing is that going into a pvp engagement with a HIGH BURST CLASS when you have VIRTUALLY NO RESIL gets you crit, hard. Surprise? And conflag has +25% from just fire and brimstone, add that to base crit, 3 from backlash, and 5 from devastation. Conflag is supposed to crit.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.