Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Tier 9 Armor Sets Models Preview

I really hope 3.3 (aka Icecrown Citadel(?)) will drop Tier 10 and that set look so hard that ur eyes gets destroyed because it looks so awesome that u want to have it with all ur power.

15+ Year Old Account

It looks more like a t 8.5 you see.
    Like swp gear, cloth, leather, mail and plate gear instead of one for each class

What I'm curious is if this next tier of raiding is in fact more difficult than Ulduar... I could be wrong here, but from what I've seen of the Argent Tournament there will be several levels of difficulty, perhaps these are the sets that will be easily obtained through 10/25 regular. I'm hoping that the gear obtained in Heroic modes has a bit more flair or I think every raider in Tier 7/8 is going to be slightly let down when upgrading into these T9 pieces.

I was happy to hear that I won't look the same as the Horde Priest in T9... but looking like the other Alliance Mages/Warlocks made me meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    I would like to award Blizzard the worst tier sets of the expansion award, honestly t7 was just a re skin of t3, t8 looks terrible for most classes, and t9 is probably the laziest set ever made.
    Try making an armor set that will look appealing to over 10 million people.

Granted they dont look extravagant with a million lightbulbs attached to them and turning your character into a particle effect factory but I like how the sets are looking so far! specially the horde ones!

Christ that's some ugly looking gear.

I don't know...I didn't mind the Alliance plate sets, because even though the armor mold is the same it was pretty neat how each set has a completely different texture to set them apart.....But those cloth sets...They all have the same textures. They're just palette swaps.

Where's the fun in that?

They look alright though. They're nice and shiny and definitely fit the "Alliance theme" Blizz said they were going for, for the sets in a recent blue post.

They don't release new content fast enough, they complain.

They don't release even shinier and more badass set graphics with each patch, they complain.

Guys, this is like eating caviar all day long. You'll lose the taste for it. So those sets look too boring? Maybe they are. Compared to T8. But if T9 (or whatever you want to call it) was super mega awesome, the Icecrown set would be totally unimpressive and nothing to look up to in the first place.

Also, colloseum. Arena style. And what did Blizz say about PVP sets? They're suposed to get the job done, that's it. If I get my raiding job done in those sets, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    They don't release new content fast enough, they complain.

They don't release even shinier and more badass set graphics with each patch, they complain.

Guys, this is like eating caviar all day long. You'll lose the taste for it. So those sets look too boring? Maybe they are. Compared to T8. But if T9 (or whatever you want to call it) was super mega awesome, the Icecrown set would be totally unimpressive and nothing to look up to in the first place.

Also, colloseum. Arena style. And what did Blizz say about PVP sets? They're suposed to get the job done, that's it. If I get my raiding job done in those sets, who cares?
    So one set should be terrible to make the next set look even more impressive? Uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackteddy
    So one set should be terrible to make the next set look even more impressive? Uh huh.
    Yes.

Personally, I like the mail gear - looks pretty epic.

Deleted

I've always imagined mages from fantasy games as bearded, long-haired guys wearing a fancy robe and holding a majestic staff.

This dude in tier9 looks like an armored truck. Now just give him a sword! I wonder where did they go wrong...

Removed

Find it disgusting that Blizzard, a multi million dollar company, are going cheap and doing reskinning of the same models for different classes instead of actual different models for them set pieces.

Seeing how they're trying to make more ways of milking money out of the game [e.g. - Faction change]... and they're cutting corners with 'costs' with these pathetic excuses for new sets... I'm seriously losing my respect for Blizz, to which I used to hold to high regards.

Sickening really.

Wow you can really see where our money is going can't you lol. Get some imagination please! Everything looks the same all the time, classes are becoming the same as each other, do the same buffs. Sooner or later we'll all be one class in a boiler suit with a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackteddy
    First of the set look sweet it's way far from being terrible,
    anyway u never heard about the fact cute girls always hang out with fat girls soo they look even more sexy !?

Personally I can understand why everything is going to look about the same. Cloth all look the same except for different colors and what not. This is the Argent Tournament and are using this coliseum to pick a select few to go "assult" Icecrown Citadel. Well think military and think uniforms. Identical type even. Figuring everyone is now "working" for the Argent Crusade in order to do a small man assulat against the citadel, might as well have everyone be wearing the same uniform.

This is the thought I would guess why Blizzard is putting us in the same (different color) design. We are basically trying out for the select few special forces of the Argent Crusade to do an assult on Icecrown citadel. Uniforms are a must in the grand scheme of the military even though it might make you stop and wonder why the heck would it look like that.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies

Do not want >

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47
    So much diversity ..
    I see what you did there
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

meh, at least im satisfy with mage/ ally cloth,
    but i don't understand the poeple who stand for blizzard, are you thinking that it will give you any blizz-points?! they could have done better.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

I like all of the sets so far, fantastic direction. I can't wait to see the alliance leather, because anything is better than the face on a face tier 8.

Wow, just wow. And not in a good way.