Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best leveling spec for a Paladin?

I've just renewed my account from awhile back. I was wondering what the best leveling spec for a level 72 Paladin is nowadays? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Best leveling spec for a Paladin?

Retribution

Holy obviously.

Nah I kid, go ret.

Ret for questing, although with Prot I find it really easy to round up large groups of mobs and down em without having to drink/eat between packs. Holy Shield + Avenger's Shield + Hammer of the Righteous is a pretty dirty combo imo haha. Plus it's a lot easier to get into instance groups as a tank than it is as a plate dps with all the damn DKs around
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Deleted

Prot for me, went all the way prot...loved pulling 5-10 mobs to grind easy xp from 1-60; and when you ding 60 (62 maybe forgot) you can pull 15-20 mobs at once and end out of combat with full health and mana. (over 10 mobs more because more stamina on items and new talents )

Also you can tank so you find it easyer to make groups for a instance if you felt like it.

i leveld prot from the start, and i've always been ahed of the curve. i'm at 77 right now and i can gather up a group of mobs and afk for a bit they'll be dead. however i hear ret is good for killing quickly....

Ret will be the best for most people, holy is useless. I lvled prot though, and spent most my time aoeing, while this is slower than ret (questing) i had heaps of quests left when i hit 80 to make gold with, i did 70-80 in a 7 days (thats 7 irl days) as prot but i didn't sleep much, so its not imposible. But i would think a ret pally would do alot better than that.

And avoid instance lvling, unless you need the gear there is more xp from quests or even aoeing as prot.

the instance thing is different if you have friends though.
    If you level with a few people then doing a instance a few times isn't a bad idea seeing as you'd rush through them with good coordination.

But yea: what the people here said :P
    Ret for questing
    prot for AoE grinding

Leveling as a paladin:

Holy:
    Is bullshit. Spells scaling with AP and SP.
    Holys never has a lot of AP.
    Holy starts getting SP on gear at level 60.

Protection:
    Great at grinding and pulling large groups. Mana rises and falls with getting healed, using plea and the amount of enemies hitting you. Means there will be great and stupid situations while leveling as prot.
    Single enemys and Caster = not so fun
    Groups = fun

Prot is not bad, its just that...

Retribution:
    ...is the most versatile spec. Ret canm deal with small and medium groups as well. Ret is excellent against single targets and casters.
    Level 40 provides great manamanagement. With 3.2 the SoC Glyph will help as well.

----------------------------------------------

Group flexibility:

Holy is:
    -not great at damage dealing
    -suboptimal at tanking

Prot is:
    -suboptimal at damage dealing
    -suboptimal at healing

Ret is:
    -a useable tank for nonheroics
    -okey as a healer

Ret = most flexible in most roles and situations = take it!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I actually started a pally last tuesday and I absolutely lovbe it! I feel bad cuz my 80 mage hasnt seen much playing time due to my new found obsession of the paladin.

So anyways on with answering the question. RET!!!!! I am already level 27 with pulling 3 mobs at a time. I plan on speccing prot at end game but right now to get to that level do yourself a favor and RET it up!!!!!

Prot is the best, easy to find group. Tank spot is hard to fil.

Yes i agree the lack of viable tanks in this day and ages i dreadful on my server not sure about other servers its come toe tpiont where im thinking of respecing prot for heroics

15+ Year Old Account

I leveled to 58 very easily a Prot, then switched to Ret and am already at Northrend (within a few days). I find that the quickest combo.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Go unspecced ^^
    Why Not ^^

if u hav teh skillz u can tank as retri till lvl 70 maybe lower as it starts to get difficult but retri is the way to go all the way and quickly
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

Play it like D2 and don't spec til you know what your doing, cause theres no respeccing and you might have to reroll!....wait

ive leveled as all three specs for a period of time and during burning crusade. out of all three ret or prot were my favorite. atm my dual spec is prolly and ret. so imo i would go ret for the ease of play and fast killing power.
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

go ret, im level 29 now and i can kill 2 elites + 1 or 2 adds at the same time, with lay on hands and bubble + heals.
    I usually aggro whole groups of 4-11 melee/casters mixed whenever my cds are up or i know im going to ding in the middle of the fight.
    I have a bit of a mana problem aoeing large groups so i usually run blessing of wisdom.
    But i can kill solo targets real easy and real quick.
    Its really fun - try it. I tried leveling as prot on my other account(which got hacked) but am enjoying ret a whole lot more.

I really liked to lvl as prot, 1 to 70. But, since I droped that sword from MH, I tried to lvl as ret on northred. And wtf, it's soooo easier. Dmg is just too big, self healing is amazing, you never go OOM eithier.

Buy the badge axe, enchant crusade and you are done

best part is if your skilled you can slam on holy gear and heal instances
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys