Holy and healingmeters

So I am in a guild that is starting to do the hard modes now after we killed Yogg. At this moment the 10 men groups are almost ready to summen the last boss (only Mimiron left for this) and the 25 men did I think now 2 or 3 of the hardmodes to get too our final boss in Ulduar.
    The question is that in many posts I see that paladins rock on healingmeters but not in the raids I see.
    We have 4 holy paladins where the best geared one is with almost full heroic Ulduar geared and I am at 3x Tier8.5 and other heroic good geared stuff. Could use a better weapon tbh and Mimirontrinket but other gear of very good stuff .
    What do I do wrong? I spam heal most times the tank and if I can beacon offtank (or other way around), keeping sacred shield up on my target, using HL (glyped) and Holy shock (glyphed) when I can but noway near top in healing done. Is it that other holy paladins are judging Light and telling because of that they are top in healing done? I am almost always judging wisdom, only using light if only paladin and lots of aoe damage.
    Any1 can give advice?
    PS sry cant link aroury as its down and I am in an offspec (prot) at this moment logged out.
    The thing is that I want to be the best and with a paladin its not even near that.
    Last fight hardmode I was 5th out of 7 healers. The other paladin was a little higher then mu but substracting his judging of light I would be 4th in healing done (not counting retri paladin). Two druids and a disc priest higher then me and one disc priest and shaman behind (dont ask why 2 paladins and 2 disc priests for hardmode Iron council).

Re: Holy and healingmeters

Meters don't matter, as long as you down content.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    QFT
    truer words were never spoken.

Meters don't matter, downing content does. True words, and words to play by. But everyone can strive to do better, and some regard the meter as a way of showing themsevles that their performance had changed, be it better or worse.

Just spamming heals on the tank or off tank, of course you wont top the meters. Put the sacred shield on the MT. Put the beacon on him. Now heal him as normal. AOE raid damage occurs. Look for the closest to the tank, hardest hit player. Heal him. You next heal will either go onto another hard hit player, or back to the tank.

Dropping a 10k non crit heal on a tank over and over will keep him up and keep you low on the meter, but you're doing your job, tank healing. Dropping a 10k heal on a melee next to the tank who is hurt while your tank is beaconed heals them both, helping your melee, your raid healers, AND the tank. If the tank is also hurt for 10k, and the melee is down the full 10k, your 10k heal is now a 20k heal. For the same mana cost. Assuming a bit of haste gear, and a 1.4 second cast, 10k is 7142.86HPS. Doing 20k instead of 10k changes this to 14285.72 hps. Of course, this figure is HUGE! Its BURST! It will NEVER be how you heal the ENTIRE fight, but smart huge bursts like this help drag your average up when you're in low damage spots and not healing or doing a lot of overheal, adding nothing or little to your effective heal.

Generally, you will not encounter the above situation very often, but you will. Normally you will find the tank getting his face punched in as normal, and damage occurs, so your melee is down maybe 3-4k each. So you throw heals on them. Since its small, you just use a FoL and heal both of them back to back. 4k heal on melee+4k beaconed to tank, then another 4k+4k. Assuming haste gear and raid buffs again, 8k healed in a little over a second. Call it 8000hps cause I can't be bothered to do any more math, been up all night.

Before anyone jumps in, yes, the heal can currently be sniped and the tank can get 0 heals through beacon, but THAT is something that can be worked on with communication with your other healers, who heals what group so avoid sniping, etc.

Thats all there is to it. You DON'T NEED to judge light to top a meter, and again the meter does not matter. But if you have 4 paladins in your guild, and you're attempting hard modes, and NONE of you know and have talked to the others about what I just described above? Wow. Just fucking wow....

the aboveth is teh truth

do not look at the meters. it's effective healing, so it doesn't count overheal, of which you'll get a lot if you're healing tanks. Also the paladin judging light will get an unfair meter bonus.

If you want to top the meters, heal the raid and judge light. If the tank dies, it'll at least give you some satisfaction.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    So true - thing is that all other healing classes are BETTER at their jobs + stronger healing meters and therefore will be doing BETTER in progressing in the content.

More versitility = Faster progress. Thats why a single target healer with very limited second hand role is a burden to those who want progress.

10+ Year Old Account

Your first error is in thinking that healing meters matter. They don't.

Meters are useful for spotting slackers quickly and precious little else. Holy paladins do fine healing anything that isn't heavy or constant AE damage.

The other paladin was a little higher then mu but substracting his judging of light
    First of all -- no rets in the raid? Seriously get a ret to judge light.

If you're beating other healing classes on healing meters then you need to find better non-paladin healers.

Holy paladins can do a lot of things well, but topping healing meters isn't one of them -- or shouldn't be if other healers know what they are doing.

Focus on doing your job and making sure people don't die.

If anyone seriously gives you crap about healing meters, you have my permission to tell them they're idiots.

A couple things I have noticed about holy pallies, they are the worst overall healers. We never bring more then 2 to a raid. There effective healing done scales inversely with the numbers of healers. Cut healers and keep cutting them until your raid is almost dying. Pallies are only good because they can shoulder most if not all of the tank healing load, however if you also have a priest and a druid doing it your pally will be entirely overhealing.

Holy pallies can and will top meters on single target fights, however there arent many in Ulduar, your AOE healers will wreck people on most fights if you look at healing meters.

Give the holy pally a tank to heal, if said tank is alive after the fight the pally did his job, if the tank isnt the pally didnt.

healing meters are relative. If a paladin is assigned to healing a tank, along with a druid, and the tank dies... then you can compare the druid to the paladin, but only if you understand the dynamics. If the druid is destroying the paladin on healing, but both of them are really only healing the MT... then yes, start looking deeper into it, if they are similar, then check into what else they were healing during that time. If they are healing the raid almost as much as the MT, then yes, blame them and use the meters to show why they screwed up. Explain to them that it is their job to heal the MT, and they need to focus on that.

The most important thing to look at when judging a healer, is combat logs. Find a person who died, figure out who was supposed to be healing them, and check the last 10 seconds before they died. If that person was healing them, then great, move on. If that healer wasn't healing that person, figure out why. This is a much better way to judge a healer and make sure they are doing what they are supposed to.

I use meters more as an active update. If we are about to enter p2 on yogg, and I see that one of our healers hasn't healed at all... it lets me know that he is just goofing off and expecting us to carry him. Don't use meters to judge a healer overall.

my sentence structure owns you!

Healed Who > Healing Done
    Activity > Healing Done
    Healing by Spell > Healing Done

Look at those three on Recont. Not Healing Done.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Ppl have alrdy mentioned that healingmeters don't matter and all that stuff.

And my experience is that some nights i'm on top, other nights in the middle. It all depends on how good you are timing your spells and stuff. Also some classes aren't all about hps.

If you are clearing the bosses then you shouldn't worry about the healing meters. If you are having problems then it CAN (not always) be usefull to see who isn't doing their job right.

Do yourself a favor and uninstall recount (or whatever meter you use). I did and raiding is far more enjoyable now. When I was using recount, I had a small amount of lag and it didn't tell me the whole picture. So now I judge my performance on if my tank died or not. If he didn't die then I did my job. If he died, I send him a tell and have him link me his combat log (looking through mine is hell because as people die and lose my buffs it tells me)then with the tank and healing officer we figure out why he died. For example, last night on Iron Council our tank on Steelbreaker died and both pallys were assigned to him so we were at a loss for words. After looking at the combat logs and the meters that the officers run, we noticed that right as fusion punch was cleansed the tank was hit by a chain lightning and died in the space of a 1.5 second cast time. Just one of those unlucky things but the pallys were doing their job but not something that healing meters will tell you. Plus on the fights with heavy AoE damage the pally that is judging light has will come close to topping the meters (yes our ret pally is always high on healing meters).
    However, when we are running content that is on farm our pallys are generally in the top 3 (our shaman healer is amazing and is generally on the top).
    I would say if your tanks are living and you are downing content then to hell with the meters!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobubblin
    Healed Who > Healing Done
    Activity > Healing Done
    Healing by Spell > Healing Done

Look at those three on Recont. Not Healing Done.
    This, and to a lesser extent, Overhealing done on a PER FIGHT basis rather than overall data.

But basically, if everyone stays alive, and you still have Mana at the end of the day, you did your job.

Well..there are two big things that all ends by sucess as healer. However they are different.

The RL task is ussualy: Paladin xy heals tank xy.

Tank is getting heavy damage, so its not like beacon him and spam raid, it will heal somehow.(no worry 3.2 will fix our problems as spammers of HL, it will make us even bigger spammers)

Two options:

First, heal the tank and doesnt care about anything else. Only a retarded paladins fail constantly at this.

Second, which requires kind of skill, heal the tank and heal the raid as much as you can meanwhile.

First you will suck at healing done but you will keep the tank, horray.

Second you will win at the meters, keep the tank + you propably saved few peoples from death, depending on number of other heslers, encounter and other healers skill.

A lot of prists judge us as a tank healers. But our capabilitys are much bigger, just most of paladins I see just HS and flashes the tank, which requires no kind of skill.

Touch the capability of the class is however sdifferent, Use Sacriface smartly, use that CDs we hve, use sacredshield aparently, use beacon so you will profit maximally from it..

Other very improtant thing that you can write here about how you have some Ulduar items, but holy paladin is restricted by items. There are ilvls and itemstats, so if you are lock and loaded in mp5/crit gear, gemming mp5/sp or having some wierdo enchants, its time to sumply calculate which stats are the best for you in 3.1

Btw i think HS glyph is a waste of glyph.. Ofc Hot is cool, but..comparing to stupid judgement of light, this hot suck.

Do you play world of warcraft or recount....?
    play the game, forget the meter.
    Quite often the meters come into play and people cheer that they did something amazing by outdpsing or outhealing someone else, on a meter...These same people want the meter links when they wipe... They're not playing world of warcraft... They're playing recount.... I say Jam recount in the "give a shit less" bag and be happy when you succede instead of when you're 1 on the meter.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

If you are in for winning meters just look at the overheal meter!
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently