Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: where is JC compensation for the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47
    There is no JC nerfing , it's called balance in this precise case.
    Definitely not balance either...
    unique(4) with each gem giving +10 stats, for a total of 40 stats would have been "balance".
    unique(3) with each gem giving +14 stats, for a total of 42 stats is not balance.

It's gone a long way to being "more" balanced than before, but still not quite perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Healberight
    I don't even see it as a nurf tbh.

You'll still get your socket bonuses as before - the Dragon's Eyes now will just take on the colour of the socket - just not be all colours at once like a prismatic is.

You'll still get socket bonuses exactly like before - it just won't be quite so easy to satisy meta gem requirements - but with how many gem slots there are in gear these days I don't see that as a problem....
    Is this really how it's going to work, because if so, that's not too bad. I thought it was that you could only socket, for example, +strength dragon's gems in red sockets, and +stamina in blue sockets. For dps DK's that would be terrible as our T8 and above has mostly blue sockets, but if you're telling me I can still put a +strength dragon gem in it, but it won't count as a blue gem, then like I said, that's not so bad.

Far as i recall, the +strength and agi dragons eyes were considered red. Nothing flexible.
    That's the whole point of the nerf.

i would have rather them kept the gems at 27 for things like STR and reverted them back to prismatic on test for the compensation with epic gems.

Edit: oh and from reading a post or two from people thinking that people liked the prismatic quality because we are too lazy to figure out where to put our gems, its more because when they are prismatic, we dont have to mess around with sub-par gems to get our meta gem. as an example for dps, i dont want to have to use one enchanted tear and a 8str/12stam gem for my chaotic skyflare diamond when i could have just put two bold dragons eyes into the blue sockets instead. that was the big reason why i lvled JC.

there is 1 compensation which I am going to use.. 1 prismatic gem +10 to all stats.. atlast it will activate my meta gem.. but rly if you are JC and want compensation roll BS you will get 2 extra gem sockets and it will be better then having any other proffesion as secondary for stat buff.

i do have BS already :P its just i want both the two extra sockets AND all STR gems socketed in my gear. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpness
    i do have BS already :P its just i want both the two extra sockets AND all STR gems socketed in my gear. lol
    well get that +10 to all stats imo that prismatic gem will be awesome. sure its not +20str or anything but still.. better then sticking an purple or Green gem -.-

Actually, It wasn't a nerf, it was a balance. You needed no compensation as your profession already gave more than any other profession(bonus wise).
    This means your profession will now be on balance, bonus wise, with every other profession.
    This means there was no real need for a complaint. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Also they buffed every other profession to be on par with the epic gem changes. So, it could be said as long as you roll 2 professions you should get close to the same bonus. (plus or minus a point or two)
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    As for having to pay for a nerf, stfu. You get a daily worth a solid 100-125g a day.
    Also, you are aware that you shouldn't get 'compensated' when being nerfed? You were already compensated by having an unbalanced advantage.
    This.

From everyone that's ever had to figure out how and where and why and whether to squeeze in two blue gems to get a Chaotic Skyflare, lemme just say OH BOO-FUCKIN-HOO.

The real nerf here was Blacksmithing, which once again, gets shit on. JC is OP for months, despite it being a simple fix to a single profession, and when they finally do talk about fixing it, they even offer you compensation, and still you cry. Yet, they see Blacksmithing might possibly have a slight advantage for a second (if you're willing to pay out the ass for it), and they methodically buff EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONS PRE-EMPTIVELY.

Tailors? Same mats for their embroidery. Benefit buffed.
    Leatherworkers? Same mats for their fur linings. Benefit buffed.
    Inscriptionists? Same mats for their shoulder enchants. Benefit buffed.
    Enchanters? Same mats for their ring enchants. Benefit buffed.

Hell, they don't even have to change out the ones they already have in their gear. They get the upgrades automatically!

Blacksmiths? To stay on par, we have to regem all our extra slots with the new epic-quality gems, which cost either badges, or a hell of a lot of gold in the early days of the new patch. So to get the same benefit that everyone else gets automatically, and can continue to apply at no additional cost, we have to spend extra time, effort, and especially gold, for new AND existing gear.

Where the hell is the compensation for that?

Hahahahahahahaha omg.... hahahaha.. well that works for me since i got solid dragon's eye gems in blue sockets anyway :P

But seriously i don't see it as a nerf... if anything.. it's kinda fair to put the same stats in the correct designated socket colour. If anything you're still getting way more stats than non JC only gems so there's no real nerf...

As for the compensation... HA!... they're practically free. If anything we shouldn't be complaining cos we get a 80-100G gem for flying to a fp, walking 50 yards killing 2 mobs for a drop, combining it with two greens and walking back to the fp and returning to dal.

i don't understand this post. it's the freakin nerf bat. it swings right into your face and won't say sorry after.
    if they judge that jc is op then they'l nerf it, there is no compensation to expect.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

The problem with keeping them prismatic while lowering the stats on the gem is that they would then have to balance the dragon's eyes around the itemization provided from free socket and meta bonuses. So every time there's new gear the dragon's eyes would need to receive another nerf to compensate for larger gear bonuses.

In 8.5 gear placing two dragon's eyes in, for example, the warrior tier dps gear to fill the blue slots (supposing the third is saved for a blue slot elsewhere) means that they are receiving a bonus of +12crit above all other professions due to the "extra" socket bonuses. That's an additional 24 itemization points on top of the standard 64 that crafting professions currently have. So in order to balance that for being prismatic in 3.1 the dragon's eye strength gems would actually need to be about +23str. However, remember that additional itemization is only counting for two of the three possible gems, in actuality another 12 points are missing from that, so that knocks it down to +21str.

Now, if we then look at the two blue gem slots in warrior tier 9 dps and suppose the same thing, the itemization bonus points go up from 24 to 28, prompting a further slight nerf to the gems (-1 to -2 itemization per gem). Counting the further buffs to all professions in order to counteract the innate buff BS is receiving (+14 itemization), and 3.2 dragon's eye strength gems would be about +27str. While that seems fine at the moment it also means that when 3.3 hits the profession will need yet another nerf in order to keep it in line with the others.

In a nutshell that means JC would get yanked around like engineering every time something changes gear-wise, and it works out better for everyone involved if they just make it a flat rate.

[edit] As an aside, my math was supposing that current JC has a bonus of 64 itemization instead of the actual 66, but since that's a bonus beyond the extra socket bonuses you can assume that nerf is built-in.

Quote Originally Posted by peknoman
    i don't understand this post. it's the freakin nerf bat. it swings right into your face and won't say sorry after.
    if they judge that jc is op then they'l nerf it, there is no compensation to expect.
    there is something to expect when they SAY THERE IS GOING TO BE COMPENSATION then you EXPECT to get what they SAY

durrrrrrrr slobber droool

Quote Originally Posted by Topher714
    This. ... JC is OP for months
    I find this claim dubious. It is an idea that has been propped up and amplified by the echo chamber we call Forums. Rarely, if ever, is it backed by any sort of logic that includes something more than 'Haha QQ moar l2p j00 nub'. As a holy Paladin, if I wanted to keep all of my set bonuses after the change, I would lose ~615 mana, 12 SP, .2 Crit, and 13r.5 mp5, or about the value of 1 HL over the coarse of a 5 min fight. If all I want to do is meet my meta requirements, it's even less of a sacrifice, ~360 mana, 14 SP, .14 Crit and 9.1 mp5 (numbers based on EJ effective value for int). Even when socket bonuses get better, these numbers will stay the same. This is 'OP'?

The obvious counter arguement to that is 'Well then, if it isn't so big, then why do you care?' I care because the Prismatic aspect of the gems adds some really nice flavor that is going to be lost. Unless you completely homogenize the professions such that they provide the same and static bonuses, there will always be a consensus 'best' profession that the vast majority of the truly 'top-end' raiders and PvPers will respec for. I just fail to see why it is necessary to sacrifice the unquantifiable flavor of JC for such a minor stat bonus, especially when newer tier gear makes this even more of drop in the bucket due to higher iLvls. Are the numbers that much different for a DPS class?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    So you'll have to do what everyone else does? Troll more, QQ more, in the end, it won't make an iota of difference.

You've all seen this coming for months now so you have plenty of time to "save up" those tokens, so don't give me that 9 days "waah waah" bullshit.

Yes I realize you've been responded to already, but it's this crap that pisses me off, when people whine about things that they knew was OP from the start. Like DKs whining about tanking nerfs. Really? Really? Please.
    ... and its these types of posts that piss me off. This is how every thread around here ends in a shouting match. Some idiot jumps into the thread making no effort to understand the discussion and making no effort to share a worthwhile opinion.

No one is complaining about the nerf. Folks just wanted to know if blizzard still intends to give us the compensation they said they would.

Quote Originally Posted by exriel
    Unless you completely homogenize the professions such that they provide the same and static bonuses, there will always be a consensus 'best' profession that the vast majority of the truly 'top-end' raiders and PvPers will respec for.
    For starters, when entering wotlk Blizzard stated they did not want a profession to be a clear-cut "required" choice for certain people. In BC engineering was required for arenas and T5 equivalent helms, BS was required for stormherald, etc. As it so happens, they failed at that here and are trying to rectify it.

Another reason, as I pointed out a couple posts before yours, is that if they left in the prismatic ability it means they would need to redo the gems every time new gear is released. Which, provided the other professions don't change any further and required rebalancing again, means that dragon's eyes would need to be nerfed ever-so-slightly. Many people tend to view any kind of a nerf as something horrible and would cover the forums in posts about JC each time it happened, even though it would remain balanced and continue as the most versatile profession. While it would be comparatively easy enough for them to redo the gems each time and make the profession more interesting (since the bonuses wouldn't be quite as clear cut), I can see why they wouldn't from a customer service perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by junkpriest
    For starters, when entering wotlk Blizzard stated they did not want a profession to be a clear-cut "required" choice for certain people. In BC engineering was required for arenas and T5 equivalent helms, BS was required for stormherald, etc. As it so happens, they failed at that here and are trying to rectify it.

Quote Originally Posted by exriel
    I find this claim dubious. It is an idea that has been propped up and amplified by the echo chamber we call Forums. Rarely, if ever, is it backed by any sort of logic that includes something more than 'Haha QQ moar l2p j00 nub'. As a holy Paladin, if I wanted to keep all of my set bonuses after the change, I would lose ~615 mana, 12 SP, .2 Crit, and 13r.5 mp5, or about the value of 1 HL over the coarse of a 5 min fight. If all I want to do is meet my meta requirements, it's even less of a sacrifice, ~360 mana, 14 SP, .14 Crit and 9.1 mp5 (numbers based on EJ effective value for int). Even when socket bonuses get better, these numbers will stay the same. This is 'OP'?

The obvious counter arguement to that is 'Well then, if it isn't so big, then why do you care?' I care because the Prismatic aspect of the gems adds some really nice flavor that is going to be lost. Unless you completely homogenize the professions such that they provide the same and static bonuses, there will always be a consensus 'best' profession that the vast majority of the truly 'top-end' raiders and PvPers will respec for. I just fail to see why it is necessary to sacrifice the unquantifiable flavor of JC for such a minor stat bonus, especially when newer tier gear makes this even more of drop in the bucket due to higher iLvls. Are the numbers that much different for a DPS class?
    It IS OP.It's OP compared to every other proffesion.If it gives a substancial bonus (and it does,however 'minor' you may think ignoring inferior sockets in your gear is and still getting full socket bonuses) over every other proffesion,it is OP.There's no way around that except if they change prismatics back to being colored.Which they are.

Still it's no problem,BS and JC will still be the go-to proffesions for every class for ultimate min-maxing and flexibility.Perhaps dps casters can get away with inscription/alchemy/LW/tailoring(?) but they trade in flexibility for cost.

since I'm a paladin and I have a prot/ret/holy set, now I will either use 9 JC tokens or buy 9 dragon's eye for 900g just to re-arrange my gems.
    Thanks Blizz !!!
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy
    since I'm a paladin and I have a prot/ret/holy set, now I will either use 9 JC tokens or buy 9 dragon's eye for 900g just to re-arrange my gems.
    Thanks Blizz !!!
    That is why Blizzard are considering reimbursements in terms of Dragon Eye's. No official statement on how many you will get back has been made, 6 Dragon Eye's have been mentioned unofficially. Stop whining!