Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

[img width=400]http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae56/ristowe7/WoWScrnShot_102509_200309.jpg?t=1256515979[/img]

a horde just happened to drive by as i took the screenshot. thought it was funny so went ahead and posted it anyway.

the bottom right black box should be Omen during actual combat. (omen doesn't appear for dummies)
    while not in combat Recount is shown.

green box on the bottom left is my pet and on the opposite side is the Target's Target. (i like to know how the MT is doing since i'm usually 2nd on threat)

Buffs and Debuffs are at the top of the screen

15+ Year Old Account

@Gerni - I like it, its a bit dense at the bottom but your viewport change helps out. Could probably use a little bit of finesse on the bars (they overlap your kgpanel borders in some places). I don't think the black space at the top helps any, as Satrina's is pretty good and there's lots of space between the buffs. Questions:

Why don't you use raid frames?
    Why do you use such a tiny minimap, and why are there so many buttons on it?
    Why do you only track your own abilities?

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    @Gerni - I like it, its a bit dense at the bottom but your viewport change helps out. Could probably use a little bit of finesse on the bars (they overlap your kgpanel borders in some places). I don't think the black space at the top helps any, as Satrina's is pretty good and there's lots of space between the buffs. Questions:
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I have to say that posting my UI while fighting a target dummy was a bad idea. It actually left out a few things. I'll take a better one tonight while I'm actually raiding.
    Why don't you use raid frames?
    I actually use grid just to see debuffs but it was disabled. It's to the left of my screen right above my pet bar.
    Why do you use such a tiny minimap, and why are there so many buttons on it?
    Not sure what else I would use the minimap for during a raid setup except for pings which I can see just fine on my monitor. What do you use it for? As for the buttons I could definitely clean those up a bit, thanks.
    Why do you only track your own abilities?
    Which addon are you referring to? Forte x?

I am still trying to change a few colors and think of ways to smooth out the bars to make it a little easier on the eyes.

To Gerni, is that combat text Blizz's default?

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    To Gerni, is that combat text Blizz's default?
    No, the addon is called xDamage I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by deidrewashere
    Oof, amazing. List of add-ons, please!
    skinner
    rbottombarstyler
    buttonfacade
    bartender
    pitbull
    grid
    satrina buff frames
    scrolling combat text + damage
    opie
    omen
    recount
    prat
    kgpanels

Those are the main graphical stuff you can see in the screen shots. Then there are addons like postal and deadly boss mods and auctioneer and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks gerni

Quote Originally Posted by gerni
    Not sure what else I would use the minimap for during a raid setup except for pings which I can see just fine on my monitor. What do you use it for?
    I suppose your monitor is bigger than mine then :P

Which addon are you referring to? Forte x? I am still trying to change a few colors and think of ways to smooth out the bars to make it a little easier on the eyes.
    Yeah, it doesnt look like theres enough room for anything more than 2-4 dots + self buffs to watch, whereas i find it useful to track Ebon Plague, Earth and Moon, Shadow Mastery (ISB), Scorch, Trinket procs, self procs (Eradication, Life Tap), and a few others, all of which take up a lot more room than it appears you have space for.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gerni
    No, the addon is called xDamage I believe.
    Are you sure? I cant find an addon named xDamage on curse, or even google

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Yeah, it doesnt look like theres enough room for anything more than 2-4 dots + self buffs to watch, whereas i find it useful to track Ebon Plague, Earth and Moon, Shadow Mastery (ISB), Scorch, Trinket procs, self procs (Eradication, Life Tap), and a few others, all of which take up a lot more room than it appears you have space for.
    I set up the KgPanels to be just high enough to fit in the debuffs I use i.e. immo, curse of whatever, corruption if I'm able to put it up and what not. My life tap buff is right below them as you can see.

As for other debuffs I've been able to trust my fellow raiders. Been raiding with them for a long time and I pretty much assume the debuff is up.

My next idea is to grab power auras and set up an announcement for my self buffs and power infusion. I'm always the target of our disc priests power infuse but he likes to toss it on me sometimes without letting me know. The visual from it is hard to see at times.

@Kebab I'll have to let you know when I get home from work.

[IMG width=300]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/trinity704/WoWScrnShot_043009_203630.jpg[/img]

That is a proper raid UI. nice SS too huh?

BTW, Peggle IS a requirement. Oh, and Omen is under Peggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Becorath

I don't think I have ever seen a UI that utilized xperl and thought "that is a nice looking UI", instead I always think, "OH GOD MY EYES". I think there is a special place in UI hell for xperl.

Haha, I dont even use Raid or Party Frames anymore. And on my priest, I just use healbot for Frames. I moved Omen and recount to the far left where the Raid Frames are.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...009_203630.jpg

bejeweled>peggle

15+ Year Old Account

I would like to request that anyone who uses xperl /delete yourself. God it's ugly.

Pitbull and/or Grid ftw. I honestly don't understand how some of you can play this game with some of the UI's I've seen. Makes me want to barf.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    I would like to request that anyone who uses xperl /delete yourself. God it's ugly.

Pitbull and/or Grid ftw. I honestly don't understand how some of you can play this game with some of the UI's I've seen. Makes me want to barf.
    It's faster and easier to set up and resembles the classic interface.
    I consider it "step one" in the migration to a full ui.

Can't run until you can walk, etc.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter

See, the thing is. It is all personal preference. I have used both Pitbull and grid. I find both to be ugly myself. I have found that I am more comfortable using XPerl. To each his/her own. Don't try to make yourself "Cooler" by being a dick with the "/delete yourself" comment. Act like you have, at the very least, a small amount of class. Thank you, and Goodbye

See, the thing is. It is all personal preference. I have used both Pitbull and grid. I find both to be ugly myself. I have found that I am more comfortable using XPerl. To each his/her own. Don't try to make yourself "Cooler" by being a dick with the "/delete yourself" comment. Act like you have, at the very least, a small amount of class. Thank you, and Goodbye
    ^This. the very first MOD i ever used, was Xperl, back pre-BC. Now? i make my own custom UI "Packages" from multiple individual Mods. its a Progression, as one stated in an above post. Gotta crawl before u can walk. X-Perl was an "Entry Level" UI. it helped people get into the frame of mind of, "Hey, id dont HAVE to use the Default UI crap, i CAN use, or even MAKE something unique to my prefrence." With the advent of X-Per, Grid, PitBull, and many other Modular "Standalone" UI packages, people are able to make their screens look however they want. As Becorath stated, To each their own.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

15+ Year Old Account

I stand corrected. I must admit, when I first started playing WoW, I went from using the default UI, to implementing XPerl. I was clueless back then and I've since majorly tweaked my UI over the years and will post a screenshot tonight when I get home from work so you guys can give me some feedback.

I guess I just assumed that if you are on mmo-champion, and reading the warlock boards, you are somewhat experienced. As ugly as I think XPerl is now, I'm shocked when people choose to use it when in my opinion there are so many other option out there. You're right though, to each there own :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    I believe it is called xDamageFont

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...amageFont.html