Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    OK guys, I've made a lot of posts ripping people's UI's to shreds but until now haven't posted mine. I took some tonight while we were in Ulduar grinding another Legendary. Here is it in both raid and non-combat. Still tweaking a few things, but I hope you all like it. I don't show recount during fights b/c it is distracting and I know what my DPS is - it does pop up out of combat though. Distractions are the same reason I don't show healing or damage done because again - distractions get you dead and if I get a 16k crit or 600 heal on me - I don't really care. If you are in a top guild, you and your raid know what your DPS is and my healers will heal me so I don't need that stuff on my screen. Like I said, still tweaking some things but I like the look of it right now. The non-combat addon showing by my head is Opie which can be brough up pressing Alt and a keybind. Great addon if you haven't tried it.

other stuff...
    Looks pretty good. As usual, too many action bars showing and too many target debuffs but I like the overall setup. I use an addon called Geist which sounds like it pretty similar to Opie. You can change the number of buttons Geist uses from 1 to 25, I don't know if the number of buttons Opie uses is variable, most picture I have seen only have a couple buttons showing, so if you ever find yourself wishing that Opie had more buttons, check out Geist.

Also, I understand why some people like to have nametags showing over people in the raid, but you certainly don't need nametags showing for totems and pets, it just needless clutter on your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    1900*1200 on a 26"

Yay, decided to actually fix the aestetics some and prove it can be combined with a clean UI so here we go. To bad i happened to mouseover but whatever
    Only thing missing from what would be shown in a raid is the DBM warnings on the screen.

Explanation to the different zones of info can be found at: http://i49.tinypic.com/dcilx.jpg
    Looks good. I personally like to have character frames, castbars, CD timers etc. closer to the middle of the screen so my eyes don't have to move as far to find things. I also don't know why you would ever have the combat log showing - the information goes by way too fast and is way too dense for you to be able to pull anything useful out of it during combat. I much prefer a graphic combat log like Eavesdrop. The way Eavesdrop displays information actually allows you to get useful information at a glance. I also think you could get rid of the floating combat text and not miss a beat. Stuff like that almost never provides information that actually changes your gameplay so you ought to hide it.

And as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, your UI would look better if the bar texture was consistent between addons - its not something that changes the functionality at all, but if you are going to but if you are going to spend a lot of time staring at your UI, you may as well make it look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Senomar
    i like a minimalistic UI, so this is mine:

behind the castbar are my broker-addons.

see it in action here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNLHrHamUE
    Your raid frames what people are targetting - have you ever made a combat decision based on that information? Same thing goes for buffs on your pet, debuffs on your target of target and your floating combat text. I understand that those things are 'nice to know', but do you ever make a decision during a boss fight based on that information? I mentioned, in response to Bakis' UI, that I like to have my information closer to the middle of the screen so you having your cast bar at the very bottom of the screen feels pretty foreign to me, but if it works for you, then so be it. But I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a small increase in your raid performance (not just dps, but movement/awareness stuff too) if your eyes didn't have to travel so far so see raid warnings and then look at your cast bar. If I were playing on your UI, the only change I would absolutely make would be to move the cast bar up or move the raid warnings down... or both.

Regarding aesthetics, I think having a transparent chat frame looks ugly and having empty action buttons showing is kinda ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon

redone again. just need to get a proper font now. but i really got no clue how to install it (mainly for pitbull)
    (so if anyone has tips. would be awesome )

made this UI with a mix of

pitbull (3 or 4, doesnt matter, i prefer 4 atm since it uses very less memory)
    Dominos (action bars)
    prat (chat)
    powerauras
    EEpanels 2 (oh yeah start the flaming)
    Quartz (castbar)
    skada (dmg meter)
    Classtimer
    A little too artsy to be something I would want to play with, but it is by no means bad, just not my taste. The one big change I would make is to turn down your UI scale, the elements all look really big.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx
    nothing extravagant, just something that gets the job done.
    Nice and simple, I like that. The tooltip overlapping some of your UI elements looks a little sloppy and I don't know why you need the default floating combat text and floating combat text from an addon. I personally think that any floating combat text is extraneous but if you feel like you need it, then thats fine, but do you really need it displayed twice?

Aesthetically, I think the default from for SCT and MSBT (its the same font for both iirc), that cartoony looking one, is just ugly and looks totally out of place in the game. I don't recall if the default character frames are capabale of putting numbers in the bars to tell exactly how much HP/percent HP you and your target have, but if so, I would definitely turn that on and if not, I would find an addon to do so because, imo, that is a pretty valuable piece of information.

At first glance, my first thought is "too much". But as I look at it more, it doesn't seem so bad. As you can probably gather from the other comments, I think you can hide your floating combat text without missing a beat. I think you can hide the vast majority of boss debuffs without losing anything. I don't think you need the names of your buffs showing, you can probably identify the vast majority of them simply by the icon and I think getting rid of the names would decrease a lot of the perceived clutter that I got at first glance.

You have 58 action bar buttons showing and another 10 for your pet bar. There is absolutely no reason to have that many buttons showing (unless you are a clicker in which case you have other problems :P ). Well, now that I think about it, I can think of one reason for it - to keep everything 'in line' on the bottom of your screen. But you can since it is in the middle of the screen, you can get hide nearly all of that without losing symmetry.

I try to be constructive with my criticism, but after being critical of other people's UIs, I feel like I am obliged to post mine so people can fire back if they feel I have slighted them. http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/ca...388442BFbpftda

Wow - some of you are insane with your add-ons. I only have

DBM
    Omen
    Recount
    Titan
    AtlasLoot

That's it. I just personally don't see the benefit of having all these add-ons.

I dont have a warlock or anything, but thread maker , your UI is nothing close to fantastic, it got what it need , but you are noway near fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Gia.
    I dont have a warlock or anything, but thread maker , your UI is nothing close to fantastic, it got what it need , but you are noway near fantastic
    Did you take the time to read his post?

I know that my Ui isn't the "cleanest" but it's functional, which is what i'm searching for.
    Looks < Functions
    He goes on to state that he is getting a 24" wide screen monitor and wanted to see others UI's and what mods they are using so he could make a new UI. Thanks for your contribution.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy
    Wow - some of you are insane with your add-ons. I only have

DBM
    Omen
    Recount
    Titan
    AtlasLoot

That's it. I just personally don't see the benefit of having all these add-ons.
    3D portraits man!

Here is my UI.

Addons Used for UI (I use a few others that don't impact my UI like Auctioneer/AtlasLoot etc):

Bagnon (Bags n bank)
    Xperl (For player, party, and target only)
    Eepanels2 (Aesthetics)
    Bartender4 (Action bars)
    Fluidframes (Unlock and move the stock tool tips and frames)
    Recount (Dps/damage/etc etc)
    Omen3 (Threat. Yes I know recount can show threat too but I prefer Omen)
    Titanpanel (System perf., repairs, G, etc etc)
    Necrosis (Warlock UI)
    Quickmark (....because right -clicking every mob sucks)
    Prat3.0 (Chat)
    Grid (Hidden in the pics but used for my raid frame)

My panels at that bottom (from left to right) are as follows:
    Panel 1 --> Guild Chat/Officer Chat and System Notifications
    Panel 2 --> Whispers, Says, Party Chat, Character Emotes
    Panel 3 --> Action Bars/Pet Action Bars
    Panel 4 --> Recount
    Panel 5 --> Game Menu, Bag/Keyring, Vehicle Exit Bar (hidden but that's the blank spot)
    Panel 6 --> Trade Chat (in a city), Omen (in combat and raids)
    Panel 7 --> Grid (hidden)

Also above Panel 1 there is another window with out a panel or background dedicated for loot, xp, rep, honor, and channel switches.... as well as all the crap no ones cares about like boss emotes etc etc. (Yes, I am OCD about the chat windows lol).

Lemme know what you think but before some of you decided to flame out, I know it's not the smallest UI nor is it the "cleanest" by minimalist standards, but it works well for me and has proven to be extremely functional.

****EDIT****

I updated EePanels2 to include a gradient so the bottom of the UI didn't feel so cramped. I may drop the borders around EePanels2 to smooth it out now that the Panels aren't solid. If I do that I will be making it all 1 big panel instead of the 6 I have in place now.

Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

lol at dying of fire breath

[img width=300]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4189/ingame.gif[/img]

There is mine, still working on it however I really enjoy it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Arason

lol at dying of fire breath
    No wonder you died in a fire, half your screen is hidden by that viewport and your character frames are huge.

Your UI reminds me of this one:
    [img width=300]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6532/wowscrnshot092609194353.jpg[/img]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    No wonder you died in a fire, half your screen is hidden by that viewport and your character frames are huge.

Your UI reminds me of this one: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/653...2609194353.jpg
    HAHAHAHA, I laughed my ass off. Not suprising that dood havent done any boss in 10 or 25 hc
    His UI is like that US army experiment when they gave LSD to some enlisted men and made them draw things to watch the impact.
    That guy seriously been on LSD when designing his UI ;D
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

90% of these UIs look like more of a hinderance than a help. Standard UI on max resolution/min UI scale + essential raiding mods wins the day.

I have Ag untiframes because I like mine and enemies frames at botom of screen. They are also tidy looking.
    Classtimers stacked above appropriate frame
    Quartz because gauging latency is important for a Caster
    DBM/Omen/Recount

Anything else is just fluff.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by -Jefe-
    90% of these UIs look like more of a hinderance than a help. Standard UI on max resolution/min UI scale + essential raiding mods wins the day.

I have Ag untiframes because I like mine and enemies frames at botom of screen. They are also tidy looking.
    Classtimers stacked above appropriate frame
    Quartz because gauging latency is important for a Caster
    DBM/Omen/Recount

Anything else is just fluff.
    tip of the day, recount got a threat addon so u can bake it into one window like skada uses, will save u a spot
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I think it's cool. Oh, and the text in the bar at the top is something I'm working on.

I use a slightly modified Vexione UI

I frapsed some solo-mode stuff to show how it looks when you're attacking shit and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZx2x66ZKls

I frapsed it while downloading torrents so my lag is a turd in the vid but that's not really important.

Heals will parabola up just like damage, only on the left side instead.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Deleted

Building my UI at the moment. I'm using sexymap because it's... well, sexy, and I like to keep it in the bottom right corner of my screen. This is fine, especially on my main, but when I'm levelling an alt (I use the same basic layout for all my toons) it's a little irritating that the standard WoW UI icon which indicates armor durability is bound to the bottom left of the map, placing it off screen.

This is, at worst, a very mild irritation, but if there were some way of unattaching the icon and placing it somewhere I can see it the world would be that little bit better a place. I can't find anything in sexymap's config. that does this. Does anyone know if/how this can be done, or alternatively, whether there is another addon that will allow me to keep track of my armor durability?

(I'd like it to be as small and unobtrusive as the default ideally.)

10+ Year Old Account

Dont use alot of addons myself.
    Simply standard ui together with omen, some way of tracking cooldowns/dots and alike, and im pretty much set.

Dont need anything fancy..

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Building my UI at the moment. I'm using sexymap because it's... well, sexy, and I like to keep it in the bottom right corner of my screen. This is fine, especially on my main, but when I'm levelling an alt (I use the same basic layout for all my toons) it's a little irritating that the standard WoW UI icon which indicates armor durability is bound to the bottom left of the map, placing it off screen.

This is, at worst, a very mild irritation, but if there were some way of unattaching the icon and placing it somewhere I can see it the world would be that little bit better a place. I can't find anything in sexymap's config. that does this. Does anyone know if/how this can be done, or alternatively, whether there is another addon that will allow me to keep track of my armor durability?

(I'd like it to be as small and unobtrusive as the default ideally.)
    Lots of addons that show durability and warnings for you, with their own windows that you can place anywhere

Me, I use Supernex's UI, cba linking to you, I'm sure someone else has done it. Awesome, slim, designed for warlocks...

Also if you don't use ForteXorcist, start doing so. Best addon, ever, for a Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gahouf!
    Lots of addons that show durability and warnings for you, with their own windows that you can place anywhere

Me, I use Supernex's UI, cba linking to you, I'm sure someone else has done it. Awesome, slim, designed for warlocks...

Also if you don't use ForteXorcist, start doing so. Best addon, ever, for a Warlock.
    Cheers. I do use forte, and most of my UI is built to my satisfaction, it's just this one small thing, and I don't really want to bother with another addon for such a minor point, since it's only once in a blue moon that I'm going to go red anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx

Your UI reminds me of this one: http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/653...2609194353.jpg
    With a 1920 x 1080 monitor it isn't that big when you get used to it. Atleast not for me.

And because of dying at fire breath, the reason was the tank accidently turned her and it hit me. :P