Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

Pretty simple stuff here, AGUF, ForteXorcist, Recount, Omen, OmniCC, PowerAuras, Quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    I think that the space taken by the bottom bar is a little too much. That combined with the brightness of the metallic texture distracts too much from the game I think. For preference I'd probably drop it a little way - maybe cutting back on the space assigned to actionbars to achieve this, and use a slightly duller, more worn looking texture.

I'm really impressed with the unit frames idea, again a little too bright for me, but the shape/layout I really like.

This is given in the spirit of constructive criticism. I'm basically very impressed, but those are the changes I would make if I were building it for myself.

Edit: looking at it again, i'm not so sure that i think the bottom bar is too big after all.
    Some interesting ideas there, and I would be curious as to how those frames would be achievable since I am currently struggling to do pretty much anything I want to do in Pitbull and am willing to explore alternatives, particular one that offers that sort of flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Some interesting ideas there, and I would be curious as to how those frames would be achievable since I am currently struggling to do pretty much anything I want to do in Pitbull and am willing to explore alternatives, particular one that offers that sort of flexibility.
    It's going to require some custom textures, but stuf allows you to position anything on a "pixel by pixel" basis, you can set the x,y, the width, the height- etc. Much like you I used to always use pitbulll, I was terribly frustrated with the way in which pitbull isw configured and must say I'm glad I finally decided to try stuf out. With that said, stuf also does have some limitations in terms of configurability, but in terms of layout/design your freedom goes up ten-fold.

I have used stuf previously but I did like the "feel" of pitbull, nothing which I suppose could not be achieved for the most part in stuf, but I did want something that just "worked" initially. If I get round to it ill give stuf another go and see, since I now have more of an idea what I actually want out of the frames instead of making it up as I went along and always went back to the defaults to make it usable again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    I'm working on a new UI, so far I'm still 'developing' it inside photoshop and some elements from the old UI still show in the screenshot- however like I said it's a WIP I will be using stuf+kgpanels to make everything look like this- although some things are bound to change between now and trying to get it all like this in-game. Anyway, I wouldn't mind some feedback:

I think there's been spend more time on the UI's look, but without thinking "ease, view and control". It's shining too much, without having any point with it and it takes up quite some space aswell. I also don't like the location of many things, like dot-timer (should have been more up) and Grid (should have been where dot-timer is, or somewhere less watched place like a corner), but that's probably just me. There's some parts of the UI where you are more aware of, and therefor you need to find the right location for minimap, auras, dot-timer, raid members, dbm, bars etc., but I don't feel it's correct aranged here.
    Overall theme isn't good, and there should have been more time on making following things look more a like:Grid, auras and chat, since they don't fit.

The UI isn't really looking greater, or does makes much more ease. But if you can make a kgPanel like that, I bet you can create a more nice UI.

15+ Year Old Account

I would really like to see this in a raid encounter. I like the idea of what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I think there's been spend more time on the UI's look, but without thinking "ease, view and control". It's shining too much, without having any point with it and it takes up quite some space aswell. I also don't like the location of many things, like dot-timer (should have been more up) and Grid (should have been where dot-timer is, or somewhere less watched place like a corner), but that's probably just me. There's some parts of the UI where you are more aware of, and therefor you need to find the right location for minimap, auras, dot-timer, raid members, dbm, bars etc., but I don't feel it's correct aranged here.
    Overall theme isn't good, and there should have been more time on making following things look more a like:Grid, auras and chat, since they don't fit.

The UI isn't really looking greater, or does makes much more ease. But if you can make a kgPanel like that, I bet you can create a more nice UI.
    Grid is a leftover from the old UI/screenshot It won't be there or look like that. The raid frames will likely be 5 rows of long but thin lines that will somehow fit neatly onto the bottom panel. I would move raidframes out of focus for timers, but I play both healers and dps (aswell as tanks), so I'm trying to have them both clearly in view.

The black squares with white outlines will be actionbars, so there's really not much room wasted (although I know many players prefer to play without actionbars, I like having them myself (No, I'm not a clicker).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I would really like to see this in a raid encounter. I like the idea of what I can see.
    [IMG width=300]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/jimbobmahoney/square_raid.jpg[/img] [IMG width=300]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/jimbobmahoney/square_raidooc.jpg[/img]

Nice shot of Festergut's ass.

That looks pretty nice, though you should make a set of custom MT/MT Target frames IMO.

I have a minor upgrade to my WiP, the main thing is that I added raid frames the way they'll end up looking, and frankly the target/targets target/focus/focus target frame don't match the style of the UI at all anymore (they didn't fit in perfectly before either, but now it just looks horrible)- so I'll be redoing them. I also edited out parts of my current UI (which is why the floor etc is so smudgy).

Like I said in the post above, the reason I have have my raid frames fairly in-view is because I also heal regularly- so keep that in mind. In the black left panel will be my recount and probably minimap. I haven't quite figured out where I'll put mu buffs/debuffs (the ones you see top right are left over from my previous UI screenshot). I will most likely use iThreat to see my threat (and recount threat module in case I need more details).

Updated WiP:

does any 1 know what addon alerts on screen when spell cooldown is up with spell name/ icon ? saw it on one of the UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    That looks pretty nice, though you should make a set of custom MT/MT Target frames IMO.

I have a minor upgrade to my WiP, the main thing is that I added raid frames the way they'll end up looking, and frankly the target/targets target/focus/focus target frame don't match the style of the UI at all anymore (they didn't fit in perfectly before either, but now it just looks horrible)- so I'll be redoing them. I also edited out parts of my current UI (which is why the floor etc is so smudgy).

Like I said in the post above, the reason I have have my raid frames fairly in-view is because I also heal regularly- so keep that in mind. In the black left panel will be my recount and probably minimap. I haven't quite figured out where I'll put mu buffs/debuffs (the ones you see top right are left over from my previous UI screenshot). I will most likely use iThreat to see my threat (and recount threat module in case I need more details).

Updated WiP:
    I sort of like it. I would agree it looks a bit 'funky' for my taste, i personally prefer my dot timers more central to my character, and grid somewhere below and to the side, but overall i like it.

I'm not so sure you need that many icons showing. My UI looks very similar but just with very simple see-through KG panels and my map where your Event Horizon is, with the layout of action bars very similar but just showing less.

I'm also not a fan of having double chat panels, but you can get away with it because you have set Grid up in a slim way for you to get away with having grid above your panes. It does generally look neat though and if anything if you can perhaps change the texture of the centre part to something less 'shiny' it would look very very neat.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arasonic
    Heres mine once again:

Tweaked a little:

Noticed enemy cast bar overlaps the name, I'll change that
    -Still some changes needed, but I'll change it over time.

WTB.

Can you upload a .zip of your UI?

10+ Year Old Account

Hello fellow UI lovers.

Yes, i am the creator of this thread, and i'm embarrased about the fact that i just stopped posting in here. I'll explain that with the fact that i stopped playing.

But now i got back into playing, and i found myself a really nice UI, which i am using now. I have'nt created this myself, all creds goes to Toodles: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...creenv2.0.html

And it looks like this
    "It's alive!" - Viktor Frankenstein
    derp.

What I'm currently using:

Mods are: Titan Panel, X-Perl, Sexy Map, Power Auras, Necrosis, DoTimer, CTMod, Omen and Recount. There's also DBM which pops up raid timers in the bottom left above my chat window.

Not sure if you wanted any feedback, but it's all a little big. I wouldn't have grid in the top corner, it looks messy, don't like that unit addon either (xperl is it?). You really don't need recount/omen so big and you should configure your textures/fonts to make it all look neater. Your chat pane is also too big, you can make it almost half the size and put one of your meters there instead, making room for your grid.

Some suggestions .

Here is copy of mine I give most of the credit to Raisa - I found the UI to be clean and especially non-cluttered during fights - I will try and get a picture up during a raid soon. This image is also on a 15-inch laptop monitor, so with a bigger (widescreen), you would be able to a bit more with it as well.

Feel free to throw me any of your opinions.

[IMG=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2429/zer.jpg][/IMG]
    Made from scratch, based partially on chertiUI

@ Accolade: Not erribly much to say, but it kind of looks like you just pushed everything into a corner and have the less useful things in more prominent places (IE: your unitframe is far out of the way, your recount is somewhat in vision). I'd have to see a raid screenshot to give you more opinion then that.

@ Zerrix: Pretty decent, although everything is a little bit all through eachother, it's relatively compact while still informative.

Past that, for those who care I've finished up some better looking unitframes for my upcoming UI. This is stilll a work in progress but now somewhat close to "finished concept art" (Or basically it's pretty close to what I wish to make it look like in-game). The bottom left panel is not an extra chat panel, it will atleast contain recount, most likely also a minimap- and perhaps something that shows what's going on with my health. As you might notive there's 2 new "tubes" on the main panel, they'll contain a bar-style threat meter (along the lines of the addon iThreat) and a cast bar.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5...fullcustom.jpg

i never get why people put their minimap at the bottom of their screen and in the middle
    Nothing happens on it, and it takes away alot of space for usefull addons.
    Currently Swapping from SuF unitframes to AG-UF ill make a neat SS later