Thread: Warlock UIs

Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Warlock UIs

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    How can that be a clean UI? Definition differ from person to person but well here we go:

* defualt mastodont buff display
    * some pointless scrolling combat text
    * showing both damage done and threat (only need one during combat)
    * showing nameplates on friendly wth?
    * all keys on pet and about 99% of all keys regarding ones character can be hidden, not everyone likes that but spells with no CD like CoE, Corr, lifetap is very useless to have unhidden
    * next to damage done is that extremly useless addon I forgot the name of that recap combatlog in a miniformat
    Minor details. There isn't anything wrong with showing some buttons. I do agree that showing them all isn't necessary (i like to see the gcd) My right bar is on mouseover along with my pet bar. Some people prefer recount and omen, i certainly do.

I do agree the buffs are all too big, unit frames are all too big. Scale it all down a bit. But feel free to comment my ui, I have been using tukui for a week or so and I am in love with it:

How can that be a clean UI? Definition differ from person to person but well here we go:

* defualt mastodont buff display
    * some pointless scrolling combat text
    * showing both damage done and threat (only need one during combat)
    * showing nameplates on friendly wth?
    * all keys on pet and about 99% of all keys regarding ones character can be hidden, not everyone likes that but spells with no CD like CoE, Corr, lifetap is very useless to have unhidden
    * next to damage done is that extremly useless addon I forgot the name of that recap combatlog in a miniformat
    First off thats not default buffs.
    Wtf is wrong with scrolling combat text? Looks better then default.
    I like seeing recount while in combat...
    Where am I showing friendly nameplates? You blind?
    I use this UI for all of my characters and am usually switching between 3-4 warlock specs I like seeing my main keybinds as I tend to play around with different things.
    Eavesdrop is just a simple combatlog... its much easier to read then the default.

There is a huge difference between clean and minimalist. My UI is clean and is not minimalist at all.

I play on a 15" laptop moniter so my UI is built around it, that is why everything is a little over scaled.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee
    There is a huge difference between clean and minimalist. My UI is clean and is not minimalist at all.
    This is a very good point, and a good place to end this debate. You're beginning to sound like me when someone slagged off my UI :P More shiny UI pictures and less lexicographical wrangling please.

[img width=300]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/hotchris05/WoWScrnShot_030510_052248.jpg[/img]

Shiny UI picture.

KGpanels for purple boxes
    Pitbull3 for UI
    bartender for actionbars
    elkano's buff bars for buffs
    SexyMap for that sexy map
    Mik's Scrolling Combat Text (MSBT) for the pretty scrolling numbers
    DoTimer for.. dot timing
    Prat for chat
    Grid raid frames
    Omen threat meter, remains hidden when not in actual combat
    Recount damage meter
    DXE, an alternative to DBM

Criticism welcome.

What do you think of this?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee
    I like seeing recount while in combat...
    I use this UI for all of my characters and am usually switching between 3-4 warlock specs I like seeing my main keybinds as I tend to play around with different things.
    Eavesdrop is just a simple combatlog... its much easier to read then the default.
    I play on a 15" laptop moniter so my UI is built around it, that is why everything is a little over scaled.
    Default in that sense that its the same place, size, just with another panel around it, get my drift?
    It add info like source, icon etc making it consume space, space you dont have on a 15"
    Sorry not nameplates but you have friendly name & guild/title enabled in displayoptions.
    I like seeing recount while in combat
    Sure but its not clean.
    Sure but its not clean.

I didnt know that you play on a small laptop at the time of that post also you miss the most basic thing of all. My post is clearly an answer to Kitiara who said that your UI was clean not towards you. So before you go all WTF emo maybe you can figure out that my first post had nothing to do with anything you typed. Peace and enjoy whatever UI that suit you best.

<- this as long as people know what clean is.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I didnt know that you play on a small laptop at the time of that post also you miss the most basic thing of all. My post is clearly an answer to Kitiara who said that your UI was clean not towards you. So before you go all WTF emo maybe you can figure out that my first post had nothing to do with anything you typed. Peace and enjoy whatever UI that suit you best.
    I didn't type anything to begin with, so saying I'm getting emo because I am objecting to your definition of clean is just juvenile. No its not minimalist, there is a difference... an unclean UI is something that has bars, text, addons all over, all texts and bar skins unmatching etc. In my UI everything is neat, organized and at hand.

My current WIP:

Clean w/ Focus:
    [img width=175]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/kryptk_2006/th_WoWScrnShot_022110_210558.jpg[/img]

Raid:

[img width=175]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/kryptk_2006/th_WoWScrnShot_022010_215915.jpg[/img]
    Raid:
    (Ignore the border on my target, I forgot to set the elite border in Pitbull to the same one as I use for my others, fixed now)

Addons:

BigWigs
    ButtonFacade
    caelNamePlates
    Chinchilla
    ClassTimer
    Clique
    Dominos
    ElkBuffBars
    Grid
    kgPanels
    Mapster
    MSBT
    Omen
    OmniCC
    Pitbull4
    PowerAuras
    Purgeatory
    Quartz
    Skada (was Recount in pic)
    SharedMedia
    SLDataText
    TinyTip
    TrinketMenu
    XLoot

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    This is a very good point, and a good place to end this debate. You're beginning to sound like me when someone slagged off my UI :P More shiny UI pictures and less lexicographical wrangling please.
    Bah I thought my pic looked nice and small, then you made it smaller! Please tell me how to do this...

Deleted

For you and other photobucket users it's really easy. Photobucket will provide you with the link code for thumbnails. You may have this turned off on your account but it shouldn't be too hard to turn back on.

If you can't find it it's still really easy the link for photobucket images looks like this:

.../albums/ab242/something/WoWScrnShot_blaa_blaa.jpg

and the link for the same image in thumbnail form looks like this:

.../albums/ab242/something/th_WoWScrnShot_blaa_blaa.jpg

This only applies to the stuff inside the
    Code:
    [img][/img]
    tags, the
    Code:
     [url=...]
    path stays the same, as this is the image being linked to, rather than displayed in your post.

You can also change the size of the image by changing
    Code:
    [img]
    to
    Code:
    [img width=300]
    , but this is less desireable as it will only shrink the apparent size of the image, and not the filesize, which is the main problem with big images.

and for the people who host there own picture you can use

Code:
    or with the examples of ratskinmahoney

Code:
    this is just for clarifying, some people aren't so handy at bbcodes

I have a whole 1080p Video for you (Algalon 10-men) after I installed some new addons like fortexorcist, quartz, power auras in the last days. Feedback welcome. (Yes, I forgot Life Tap at the beginning of the fight and whole performance sucks :-()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY5LnwYNMCE

My biggest issue is about displaying the dots. In the Past I only used big debuffs of xperl for it and now i tried forte. ForteXorcist annoys me in the way that it shows the cd in 2 digits i.e 2,9s; 2,8s; 2,7s. I would prefer to see only full second i.e. 3s, 2s, 1s, 0s but haven't found an option for that, yet. Does anyone know if it is possible to set this up anywhere?

I will adjust the expiring DBM bars soon. They overlay the Fortexorcist bars at the moment which acually is bad.
    The xperl bars showing Player, Target, Target's Target information will be moved below the fortexorcist bars.
    Don't worry why I have so much stuff on action bar slots 7 to 12. I am playing with a Razer Naga which has 12 extra buttons. I press 1 to 6 on the keyboard and 7 to 12 on the mouse.
    Any other Feedback is welcome, too.

AddOn list:
    Bartender4
    debufffilter (the big life tap cd icon...)
    ForteXorcist
    Omen
    Power Auras Classic (newly installed: shows shadowtrance (fireball on character), you got a debuff so run (not shown in the video), forgotten life tap glyph buff (pink wings), target below 35% warning (red wings)). I also want to implement blue wings for below 25% as signal for soul drain. Therefore I am looking for an option to switch the red wings to blue ones as soon as the HP are not below 35% but below 25% then. Anyone may help?
    Prat 3.0
    Quartz
    Scada
    Sunnart Viewport

Display resolution: 1600x1200

Hi this is my UI and I know its not UBER or anything but i dont like riff raff with characters everywhere like I am in the matrix.

I welcome any comments and/or questions.

Still my own UI (click me) but with some recent changes (ButtonTimers, Removal of ForteFx Timer, Tinyplates eg)

Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Hi,

Your comments/questions are welcome:

http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/avesui

Still haven't found time to post a party and raid pic, but you'll get the idea. The Parrot text is currently a bit to the left and right, and going straight down.

--
    Greetz.

messy
    Can you please tell me what exactly your thinking is messy?

15+ Year Old Account

I should stay silent, im a minimalistic prick : Overall the design in terms of fonts, frames etc is fine, just a little cautios when it comes to taking up gamspace with:
    * dual damage done/threat
    * "default aura icons" in that sense that they are not shown under playerbar and also filtered
    * showing so many spells on the actionbars when they can be hidden, basicly only spells needed to show are the ones with regents, like soulshards or if you carry flasks or food so you never run out
    * showing petbars wich can also be hidden
    * having names displayed on friendly faction, pets, totems are not shown at least

The less info shown the more of ones capacity can be dedicated to interpret what is going on in the fight itself
    You made a goodlooking and pretty clean UI and I love the frames, just that I call anything with any kinda info that doesn't need to be shown (above things) as messy <3
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Might as well share a hmm "fun"? UI picture from a recent application we had, I almost fell off my chair
    [img width=200]http://i41.tinypic.com/slic0g.jpg[/img]