Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

I wonder what classes will come with these races.

inb4 WoW's Furry population soars

/shudder

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    They won't be neutral as that would create all sorts of confusion in pvp (yes, you may not like pvp, but blizzard does).
    I think they will both be neutral up to a certain level, then they will have to choose a side. I think this is why Blizzard has recently announced the "Faction Change" service coming. They are going to be able to offer it soon because they developed it for these two new neutral races IMHO.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

*Jizzed pants*

Quote Originally Posted by Tomken
    Fuckings china, now we can't get Pandaren as race... FFS.
    You say this like Blizzard is only making two. We may see more, especially if neutral races end up happening (cause then you don;t have to balance how many races each faction has).

yeah... just like the dwarfs and draenei are as connected as orcs and trolls
    Seriously Jiggler, dont make stupid comments when you know nothing about lore.

If you ever even played WC3 you would know that Trolls and Orcs have quite a huge connection since Thrall basically saved the Trolls from the Darkspear Islands.

Thrall helped save the tribe from murloc attacks and the Sea Witch — during which Sen'jin was killed. Sen'jin was granted a vision which showed that Thrall would lead the Island Trolls off the island and escape certain death. -http://www.wowwiki.com/Darkspear_tribe#History

As for Draenei, you fail again.

Kil'jaeden ordered the Draenei to be exterminated by the orcs through his student, the warlock Gul'dan. - http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei

Yes they don't connect but look at the choices, they either join the faction with the Horde and their old enemies (The Orcs) who slaughtered their families. Or they could side with the Alliance, who are in pretty much exactly the same posistion (The Orcs) slaughtered so many Humans, Orcs cut down the Elfs Forests, Orcs basically owned everything, so yeah...

L2make constructive comments!

oh and awsome! i cant wait to play Worgans (if they become a new race!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I think they will both be neutral up to a certain level, then they will have to choose a side. I think this is why Blizzard has recently announced the "Faction Change" service coming. They are going to be able to offer it soon because they developed it for these two new neutral races IMHO.
    He's not saying they would be neutral the whole way. The reason they would be confusing in PvP because you wouldn't know right away who you're walking up to. Right now I see a Troll and I know it's horde. But if I see a Worgen from far away - you're not necessarily sure right away. Not a HUGE deal, but would still cause some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by berriwood
    Has anyone looked at worgen lore? No. This isn't happening.

Why is it so suprising that they make halloween masks of ghoulish creatures, instead of just alliance/horde races? Hallows end is coming up.

Boub is trollin'
    Look at the other Halloween masks we have though. They're all based on the races. It seems even stranger that they would add 4 new masks that go against the pattern of the 20 we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Here is my assumption, whether it is right or wrong is up to you:

The faction change service is being implemented because of the fact that 2 neutral races will be put into the game. These neutral races, in their beginning zones, must choose to do quests pertaining to either the alliance or the horde, and that is decided in that first zone.

Because they're neutral, they need a way to allow them to change their minds and work for the other side. An added benefit is that it makes others who do not own any neutral races to participate in the faction change service, but it is intended for the goblins and worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck
    You could also say both Goblin masks look more like Orcs without the tusks then they do look like Goblins. These things are flat, and the shape of the face is a very determining factor on how something looks.
    While true, the goblin faces have an obvious goblin cant to their features that makes them easily identifiable. I double checked the other masks versus the other player character faces and altogether, they're a pretty close facsimile. The only odd one is the male Tauren, due to the muzzle. Obviously, the worgen/cat masks would feature a similar drawn in appearence like Tauren mask, because of the similar muzzle.

But, if you compare the two, the Worgen masks still looks a little odd. As if the face is too clenched and elongated to appear canine in any form.

Personally, I am all for Worgen, I just know that the existing models will require a ton of additional work to become a valid PC model.

58324pjrpoewjdpowejpojidedj^&^)(*%$$$!!!!

Yeah that was my first response.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

If the Worgen are truly the new race, I'll cry if they're Alliance.
    I don't care for Goblins, annoying little green people. Almost as bad as gnomes.
    I'm hoping for the neutrality factor. And rerolling Alliance is NOT an option, I will not ally myself with the little footstools that make up two fifths of the Alli races.

worgen rogue > all.

don't mind which side. worgen rogue is enough for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They WON'T be neutral, that would break pvp in ways you never even thought possible.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

there are only halloweenmasks from playable races available, so thats most likely to point to make these assumptions out of new halloween-mask textures.

i guess if theyre neutral races, on pvpservers youll still only be able to play the faction you already have characters on. pvpservers get worse and worse every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    , and in the Build 10072 of the PTRs the Map.dbc file with some of the settings for each zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone.
    What does that mean? A zone can have max players? People can't enter the area if its a max level?
    Does that work for existing zones?
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Nobody noticed the :

"zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone. "

New raids ? 40 players back to Vanilla ?
    http://rediscoverreading.wordpress.com/

Imagination is better than knowledge - Einstein

Is it really so hard to understand worgens going to ally and goblins going to horde. The game has to write more lore for the next expansion, what a perfect way to start something new off by a certain tribe of goblins fighting a certain tribe of worgens, who the alliance decides to help out, and in return the goblins decide to seek help from the horde, or something along these lines. Goblins have been looked at as Horde in WC2, all their areas are located near horde settlements, and not to mention they can still keep booty bay and rachet sanctuary, just make up a new goblin tribe, think about the many different trolls. I am not excellent at old lore, but i know for a fact theres a city in Eastern Kingdoms that is supposdley being overrun by Worgen, could it be these Humans where transformed into worgens and want to continue to fight along side the alliance.

Regardless, if these are the new races fine. What about the new classes?

I would reroll Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    They WON'T be neutral, that would break pvp in ways you never even thought possible.
    They COULD be neutral up to a certain level. For instance Deathknight are neutral up to level 55; the end of their starter zone.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

That worgen female looks cute.

Hope they give her a huge set of knockers. :-*