Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    I was, and I agree. He's way out of line. Blizzard dont do HUGE things, adding races is huge enough. they wont change the entire game.
    Blizz did add a new class BC... pally to horde, shaman to alli.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    I'm more than certain that blizzard isn't going to give the worgens and goblins the choice to choose factions, I believe in the Worgen Alli, and Goblin Horde deal.
    Worgen for alliance and goblin for horde would suck so much though -.- at least for horde :P
    Admittedly we don't have a tiny race like gnomes as goblins would be, but we do have 2 green races (orc and troll) and we do have a lot of 'ugly' races and judging from what's in the game at the moment goblins don't seem that likely to be made really sexy ^^;

Looking over the Warcraft Census also, 37% of the recorded horde players are blood elf, 19% and 20% are tauren and undead respectively and just 14% and 10% are orc and troll.
    So while I think many (even myself) would consider leveling a worgen, I doubt almost any will take a goblin (unless forced to by having them be the only race with access to *the new class* ofc)

On a related note though. When the Maelstrom theories first came out The Undermine was suspected to be the next capitol, but seeing as that's a goblin city surely they wouldn't have a goblin main city and then have goblins join just one of the factions?
    I have a feeling we haven't seen both races yet, but that goblins will just play a big enough role in the next expansion to be given their own halloween mask.

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy728

as far as pandarens for the 3rd race... well the whole "not allowed by chinese cause they don't allow pandas getting hurt" is officially BS i have a friend from china and he says this law does not exist to his knowledge, and if it did him and his friends had broke it by playing multiple games (one mentioned earlier in this thread) involving panda men as main characters.

I want to refer you to my post at about page 60+, somewhere there. this is the wrong reason; China has censorship due to it being offensive for mixing a chinese bear, with Japanese culture and hence they had to scrap it, there's alot of info on it, and pictures of various WoW censurs that was implented in Chinese-WoW.

Blizz did add a new class BC... pally to horde, shaman to alli.
    not new classes. classes already existed, they just dual-faction'd them.
    Which spares them form making entire new talent trees, stat focuses, 100 class-specific spells, balancing,
    and most of all pulling it all together as a balanced classs.

oh dam like i said im tired... i did read a few like that about how they mulched japanese costumes onto chinese characters. yes this is a reason why they pissed off the chinese, however they rectified it by placing proper clothing on the pandas. though the chinese still grumbled about it, it isnt loud enouph grumbling to stop pandaren to be officially made.

10+ Year Old Account

ratboy728 on page 73 pretty much just closed the thread... he hit every note imo.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Most likely stated somewhere in this topic: Why the fuck would the Worgen join ANYONE? Except for that one person searching for the cure, they have ALWAYS been an evil force. It would be the equivalent of having Infernals as a playable race, it makes no sense.

They do, however, appear a lot throughout the game, even in WOTLK (With Argul being brought back and such). Its possible Blizzard just made the masks for...the hell of it? I refuse to believe this is legit until someone can provide more solidified proof then mask textures, thanks.

And I'm more than certain that they will start at level 1, if they started at level 50 something it would give blizz some alot of work to do to fix the class choices for the races, and starting a new class at 50+ would be overwhelming (Like playing on a Private Server and getting all of your abilities at once, you are clueless.)
    You mean overwhelming like starting a Deathknight? Not only do you start at lvl55 but you start a brand new class... This could be implemented in a similar way that is generic for all classes , by not having class oriented quests , that reward you with spells , talentpoints and so on... Then when you are lvl55 or so , you do the final pitch , which goes more into the class you chose , after that you have all of Outland and Northrend to hone your skills. I am not saying this is how it will be , or that is how it should be , but it very well COULD be.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy728
    ok so i've read every single post (yes all 72 pages) and everything anyone has posted i've researched sources proving them. so this post will be based on nothing but those things which I believe have proven true and everything here has been posted previously.

first thing the number one thing proving worgen as playable race is the female form. I have dug and except for the fan art/fan graphic posted earlier there isn't a single female worgen in existence. also the fact that blizzard is lazy and wouldnt make models of anything unless if it was absolutely necesary.
    the goblins however after looking at everyone's posts im begginning to think maybe not playable race, but maybe they were given a graphic boost since they are probably gonna be hosting us all in undermine. however them being playable is also definetly a posibility. i think if you datamined later you may find another mask perhaps showing a 3rd race that will be playable, but so far evidence points to these 2 being playable.

but if worgen and goblin are indeed the races, there is no doubt in my mind goblin will join horde and worgen will join alliance. the most speculated of these is the worgen going alliance. if you look at the lore surrounding Alphus Wordwill, you'll see that he was working on a cure for the worgen curse. this is going to be a main part of the worgen lore. either he will create said cure or a different alliance will, freeing worgen of the bloodlust that occurs during the moonlight hours. Allowing them control over themselves much like the wolfsbane potion is said to do to werewolfs. they will choose to stay in wolf form to assist in the fight against the emerald flame and naga. they also have connections with most alliance races, and have no connection horde except the forsaken, who they hate. goblins are going horde. horde need an intelligent class and a small class. goblins have always been neutral but always seem to tilt the odds in favor of horde. and PLEASE don't insult your own intellegence by saying blizz would make BB and gadgetzan horde only. they would make it so a single cartel would join horde, the rest would stay neutral.

as far as pandarens for the 3rd race... well the whole "not allowed by chinese cause they don't allow pandas getting hurt" is officially BS i have a friend from china and he says this law does not exist to his knowledge, and if it did him and his friends had broke it by playing multiple games (one mentioned earlier in this thread) involving panda men as main characters. yes these panda men do die, not just go poof as a way to get around this law. however something tells me blizzard may make them a neutral city, as they never seek war, lore says they left alliance because the alliance politics confused them, they preffered a simpler life. horde is even more unplausable almost everything in the horde go against the pandarens belief. if you wanna look up more wowiki has a great page on pandarens. but if they did become playable they would become alliance, since if you read up on their religion and ways of life it matches alliance in more ways than it matches the horde. the only way they'd join the horde is if thrall saved him like he did the taurens, but i don't think blizz would repeat like that. (and just to make it clear i would love to have pandas, theyd be my favorite race hands down)

and yes boub has officially never been wrong.

there was also alot of speculation over whether those were actually worgen or cat creatures... i will go through paris nude with boub if those arent worgen. the only reason the guy looks lionlike is because its a 2d image.
    another thing many people have said that the female worgen is hot, this disturbs me in many ways but if the first thing you thought when you looked at those pictures is"wow thats one hot fox" or "dam... i hope they give her big tatas" you are not alone.

and yes someone brought up alot earlier that the goblins look like shreck/fiona. i dunno i guess but thats really off subject

another big argument is over the "neutral" faction. blizz won't make a 3rd faction because they would have to scrap bg's and it would more or less destroy one of the main focus's of all the warcraft game, the hatred between horde/alliance and how if they befriended each other like jaina and thrall want, how better off theyd be. the idea they might implement is how after level 10 you do a quest chain allying you to either the horde or alliance. however if they did this they wouldn't have chosen worg as one of the playable races. they could have done it with goblins easy, but i couldnt find a single plausible other faction that could be easily used in this way. so all in all i think worg-alliance goblin- horde

and another thing all the ZOMG WORGEN DK!!! blizz could go either way on making these races able to be DK's. they usually like to see players enjoy starting areas or other new zones. theyre constantly showing this. you had to walk when you first got to outland but next patch you can fly at 60. they keep lowering the level at which you can buy mounts. NR you have to wait 7 levels b4 they allow you to fly over the landscapes they worked so hard on. so theirs that plus it wouldn't fit into the DK lore. those who actually read the quests they had to do to release their dk from the lich kings grasp know that you were once an argent dawn hero who was killed and raised as a DK. last time i checked no wolf people or goblins EVER joined the argent crusade or dawn.

balancing issues... well as soon as faction switch is implemented every1 and their mom is gonna go horde on most servers. worgen may attract a few to stay alliance. or if you think about the nubs that worgen will attract, may scare more people to horde. i dunno thats pretty sketchy.

i think i covered it all... but im tired and you'll have to excuse bad grammar and spelling/typos. but otherwise i think thats a good wrap up of everything posted so far.

edit: OMG i almost forgot, i have to mention an idiot who said "ive played since TBC and there haven't been any new races" GG. TBC was when first 2 new races were implemented. i lol'd at this super hard and think it deserves a special spot here

Nice post , i felt it deserved quoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannoTitan
    Why the fuck would the Worgen join ANYONE?
    Please... just read the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Baker666
    You mean overwhelming like starting a Deathknight? Not only do you start at lvl55 but you start a brand new class... This could be implemented in a similar way that is generic for all classes , by not having class oriented quests , that reward you with spells , talentpoints and so on... Then when you are lvl55 or so , you do the final pitch , which goes more into the class you chose , after that you have all of Outland and Northrend to hone your skills. I am not saying this is how it will be , or that is how it should be , but it very well COULD be.
    but getting to start a new race of ANY CLASS YOU WANT at level 50 is pretty Sick. Death knight is just the one, but since Worgens cant be all races (probably atleast) it would be silly that like half of the classes can start at 50, and half not.
    DK start at 55 since it's a hero class. Would then ALL the worgen class be hero classes suddenly, since they would get to start that late?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    Please... just read the thread...
    74 pages? Haha, no I don't think so. I did, however, read the WoW Wiki article on them.

Pure killing beasts, worgen tend to attack any creatures that they encounter, regardless of whether animal, humanoid, Scourge or something even more fearsome.
    This pretty much explains why this makes no sense.

74 pages? Haha, no I don't think so. I did, however, read the WoW Wiki article on them.

Your qoute is based on the Silverpine curse-worgens under controll by Arugal, WoWwiki has next-to-none information
    on the original Worgens and their homeworld or culture

but getting to start a new race of ANY CLASS YOU WANT at level 50 is pretty Sick. Death knight is just the one, but since Worgens cant be all races (probably atleast) it would be silly that like half of the classes can start at 50, and half not.
    DK start at 55 since it's a hero class. Would then ALL the worgen class be hero classes suddenly, since they would get to start that late?
    You are absolutely right , if Blizz decides ppl should be able to skip to lvl55 or something , i would guess they would make it a heirloom book that cost some reasonable sum like maybe , 30000gold or something (joke) , that you can buy at lvl 80 (or 90 whatever).

Read book and whammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_Cub
    Before someone else writes that the worgen are evil Im just gonna say this.

The worgen are not evil, they are just mad cuz Viktor killed Sonja.
    i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Wanky
    In WoWWiki, the Worgen are listed as a "Neutral Evil" force, meaning that they're evil, yet they don't have plans for world domination like the Lich King or the Burning Legion. A lot of playable races in WoW can fit into this alignment - the Forsaken and Blood Elves come to mind - and it would be interesting to have a race with a mean streak come to the Alliance.
    The Blood Elves, for lack of a better analogy, are the whores of Warcraft. All they want is magic, and they don't care where they get it from, hence why they joined Illidan, then the Horde. The Forsaken are fueled by their hatred of the Lich King for what he did to them, we know full well why they joined with the Horde.

The worgen? Nope.

Your qoute is based on the Silverpine curse-worgens under controll by Arugal, WoWwiki has next-to-none information
    on the original Worgens and their homeworld or culture
    True enough, but does that matter? All information about the Worgen point to them being bloodthirsty creatures who attack anything in their way, even when they describe them in their own dimension. Again, I refer to my previous analogy: Infernals are destructive creatures put to use by the Legion. They don't have plans for world domination, they just like to kill things, as do the worgen, and both would make no sense, should they be a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Versca
    i lol'd
    The girl in the earlier movies was NOT equally hot as Sonja.
    Victor had to pay for his crimes. They are not evil.

we currently know that their homeworld is under attack by the "lords of emerald flame"(Burning Legion).
    Blizzard could just write some lore for people who turned worgen but kept their humanity or for Worgen from their home world that recently become more intelligent and came to Azeroth in their Howlru powered interdimensional spaceship and decided to join the alliance because they heard about what they've done to fight against the Legion.

since you decided not to read at least some of the 74 pages in this thread, what i did, i have decided to post something from wowwiki that has already been posted in this thread.

wowwiki article on archmage alphus wordwill

Archmage Alphus Wordwill is a Dalaran wizard. He was researching an affliction that he had called the "Worgen Curse". He believed he would find a cure to this curse, and although it would not cure the transformation, it may allow the worgen to retain their minds after the transformation. He believed that these good-minded worgen could retain their abilities and help them defeat the Forsaken, the Scourge, and other evil powers. Alphus Wordwill believed that if he was funded then he could create this "cure". Brann once ran into him in Silverpine Forest and had a chat with him. Alphus gave him a copy of his research. Once Alphus Wordwill finally got his funding, he began work on the cure for the Worgen Curse. He needed protection as he and his servants moved through the forest gathering reagents and conducting tests. He had people sneak into Pyrewood and drop the cure into the water supply, then sneak out and observe the changes over several days. This activity undoubtedly angered Shadowfang Keep's mysterious overseers. Alphus hopes someone will slay Shadowfang's evil lords to permanently stamp out the curse's evil.

if you know anything about lore, this is probably about the people of gilneas. they were once humans and once allies with other humans. this is exactly why they would join the alliance. you dipshit.

we currently know that their homeworld is under attack by the "lords of emerald flame"(Burning Legion).
    Blizzard could just write some lore for people who turned worgen but kept their humanity or for Worgen from their home world that recently become more intelligent and came to Azeroth in their Howlru powered interdimensional spaceship and decided to join the alliance because they heard about what they've done to fight against the Legion.
    LOL like they'd travel in a spaceship from a different world because they had problems with the legion and then randomly join the alliance when they crash on azeroth, thats bullshi---- Oh Wait.

Draenei.