Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Goblins and Worgens are the new races of the Expansion

100% not set in stone but I think the signs point to Worgen and Goblins as playable races. At least in my opinion;
    Worgen = Alliance
    Goblin = Horde

It seems possible that the new faction change thing would lend you to think that they might start out 100% neutral with a quest line to ally your with your faction of choice, but I just don't see how that'll work with AH and mail and PvP.

I mean would you ONLY have access to old world type goblin AHs (Gadget, etc...) till you took a side?

What about BoA items with the +10% XP? As of now you CAN'T send BoA items gained on say a Human Rogue to a Tauren Druid on the same server PvE, PvP or otherwise. What if you have that same Human Rogue and send your neutral Worgen Warrior BoA shoulders and then you choose to go Horde with the Worgen, then send the shoulders to the Tauren Druid. Did you just circumvent the system? Then again maybe the whole faction change thing changes make this last paragraph a moot point.

In terms of PvP, I don't know about you guys and gals but having both races on both faction in a scrum in a BG would be annoying. Of course the Red or Green text would give it away as which faction they are, but it would just seem... sloppy, I guess the word would be.

What about guilds? Your in a Horde guild and the expansion hits. You want to retire you Troll Warrior and play a Goblin Warrior. You create the Goblin and can't join your guild for 10-20 levels, till you pick the Horde faction? Can you even talk to you guildmates? Can you talk to both factions? Neither?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Sigh...

Arguments for the authenticity of the "list":
    • "Memories" of a certain number of people, who state they have seen this and exactly this string of characters before September 2007 already, and not other, similar speculations based on the previous games or the RPG books, which have always floated around the net.

Arguments against the authenticity: (oh god where do I begin)
    • The most important thing: There is no factual evidence whatsoever that this very alignment of letters existed before September 2007. The earliest known reference is that infamous thread on Allakhazam which was posted not even 2 weeks after the Northrend zones were officially announced.
    • There is also a screenshot of the supposed original post by Caydiem, but this only started to appear in 2009, too. It is likely based on this 2005 screenshot of several posts by Caydiem, the date in the first post is nearly the same as in the supposed 2004 screen, with differences just the year and the time.
    • Supposedly this list was known since 2003, but Blizzard had all topics mentioning it deleted - this can only be true for the official WoW forums, not for independent sites. If Blizzard had pressed those sites to also delete postings of the list, you can be sure as hell one rogue site admin would've taken this as a proof for the authenticity, and would've posted it even more, spreading it to everyone who would've wanted to read it. Plus, archive websites like Google or web.archive.org would be able to find even those deleted threads.
    • Strangely, the Northrend Set has 2 starting areas, a method which isn't really used in any other set - in fact, that Northrend has 2 entry zones came from the experience they made with Hellfire Peninsula, which was heavily overpopulated the first days and weeks after the release of BC.
    • Azjol-Nerub had always been planned as its own zone, up until somewhere mid-alpha, it wasn't mentioned anymore when they officially announced the Northrend zones. If the list had been from 2003, it would sure still list Azjol-Nerub as a zone.

Rather neutral points, which still should get you thinking:
    • Bloodmyst Isle is misspelled as "Bloodmyrk", suggesting that this zone was renamed during development, on the other hand this could be a deliberate misspelling.
    • "The Deadlands" appear to be the Bone Wastes as their own zone, which actually appeared in 2.0 as a subzone of Terokkar Forest, again you can't say whether this was a change of plans or a deliberate addition to confuse people.
    • All mentioned zones were well-known in 2007 through the previous RTS games and the RPG source books, every experience player could've produced a similar list on his own, with the expansions sorted by their possibility of being made - assuming Outland and Northrend are confirmed as expansions, the Maelstrom/South Sea is the next most possible expansion, rather closely followed by the Emerald Dream. The other "sets" might be too abstract for new players, WoW would need to gain a certain playerbase through "familiar" content/zones, close to known fantasy settings, before venturing into weird stuff as the Elemental Plane or the Legion-controlled nightmares of planets. This holds true for both years of origin, 2003 and 2007, but again it's a proof for neither.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Pandarens will more than likely never be a playable race as you would kill them and that is punishable by death in China. While you and I know its just a game well they look at it another way. As for horde getting Worgen thats not only one of the dumbest things Ive ever heard but if you got that you would lose your primary transportation as what goblin would help the horde if they sided with the alliance? Heck you lose enough rep with all goblin factions as it is just for killing guards and NPCs. They seem to hold deep grudges if you ask me.
    The end is never really the end, its the start of something new...

Im all for new races, and I think this is a good hint.

BUT

You know how the devs purposely put in bogus achievements just to screw with the data miner's minds? This 'leak' could be that, but to a more dastardly degree.
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

people should stop thinking of panda things and grow up.. as for me.. worgen pl0x.

what i'm wondering is.. are those really Worgen masks?

they kind of look like those cat people from ZG.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Tigon

Their Worgen.

They are Worgen the question that is in my mind is the lore about Worgen makes them "evil" but whos to say they will not be unlike death knights or Draenei where a small side faction breaks away from the "evil" force and sets out to prove themselves?
    The end is never really the end, its the start of something new...

Agrul's worgen are evil... the normal worgen from their own dimension are just.. normal beings...

Quote Originally Posted by pr0worgen
    Agrul's worgen are evil... the normal worgen from their own dimension are just.. normal beings...
    Incorrect. If he cures them they are the same as humans in their nature but maybe more primal.
    And with nothing more than a whimper, the sig faded into the void.
    Please read our Sig/Avatar rules here.

Big call, Big call.

Wtb Worgen for horde, goblins are pewp imo. Give Ally all the tiny lil shitty races.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey
    worgen rogue.. or paladin :... how the hell are worgens supposed to be anything but meele classes?
    Im pretty sure, Arugal was a mage so... yea.

Quote Originally Posted by ookanakka614
    Im pretty sure, Arugal was a mage so... yea.
    Arugal isnt a Worgen

Deleted

still there are lots of caster worgen
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=533

priest or wl would definitely be possible

my guess is

worgen: priest, warrior, rogue, (maybe mage, warlock, hunter)
    goblin: mage, warrior, rogue, (maybe warlock)

not sure about goblin mage but I was thinking of gnome so... ^^

could be more classes but Im unsure but definitely not shaman, druid, paladin at least for goblin... worgen shaman or druid might be possible but I dont think they will give those classes to any other race anymore

i wonder what news would make more comments than this one

guys its true on the genral forums on wow.com there deleting posts, i made a post saying "worgen/goblin races r real, blizz are deleting posts" and mine got deleted in less than1 min :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xelibri
    "MMO-champion moderator shot down in Paris while running naked down street."

When the suspect was questioned he responded, "There werent any worgens! ... or brownies...."

Quote Originally Posted by xGenshinx
    Big call, Big call.

Wtb Worgen for horde, goblins are pewp imo. Give Ally all the tiny lil shitty races.
    Someone has size issues. >.>

I have been a frequent visitor to this site since Wrath of the Lich King was first announced. The threads about Blizzard trademarking "Cataclysm" and due to what i've read in the 1301 replies i've read in this thread before starting to write what I believe is a possibility. Keep in mind this comes from what I have read from what people have posted in this and the trademark thread.

First due to the word "Cataclysm" most people are thinking that the next expansion will occur in the Maelstrom. I believe that when Queen Azshara tried to open a portal for Sargeras that is when the Well of Eternity was destroyed which when the well was destroyed so was 80% of the land mass. Queen Azshara and many of her followers the Highborne were sent into the depths of the sea. Someone by the name of dummenumse on http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=70411.180 the idea that Queen Azshara is creating pusles of water in the Rifft that eventually affect Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend. This is why the heros of Azeroth would want to go to the Maelstrom after all these years.

As for the two new races of Goblins and Worgen and who they would team up with deals with the lore mentioned how some of them have teamed up with before. Since the Goblins home city Undermine is located around the Maelstrom (from what I've read) the Goblins could call on Thrall against Queen Azshara for help since the Goblins helped the Horde in I believe the 2nd War. As for the Worgen, I believe that they will come from Gilneas. The citizens of Gilneas may have been affected when Archmage Arugal was doing his tests with Worgen and humans. Some of you may bring up that the leader from Gilneas did not want to be partners with the Alliance or Horde having his soldiers die fighting someone else's enemies, he or the current leader may reconsider if Queen Azshara is causing a threat to the people of Gilneas. To the people who will bring up that the leader of Gilneas mentioned having a large army and not needing help, when Arthas was flying over the lands attacking random places Gilneas might have been attacked leaving his army weakened when Queen Azshara attacks. Since Gilneas has been behind the Graymane Wall we do not know how they were affected by the Lich King's advances.

I currently don't have ideas about the staring area for Goblins but if Gilneas is the starting area for the Worgen, the Greymane Wall would most likely stay up. The Worgen will stay in Gilneas until around level 10 and then possibly ride a boat from Gilneas to the island Zul'Dare which will be linked via boat to the Maelstrom and to Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands since there has been a third boat sitting in the docks since at least Burning Crusade. I belive this due to how the Draenei go through their starting area.

As to why the Worgen will be part of the Alliance, this could be due to Alphus Wordwill finding a cure while not returning them to their human forms, relieving them of their animal urges that they surfer from when in their animal forms.

People have mentioned that having Goblins and Worgen able to be on either Horde or Alliance would cause trouble for pvp because they can't tell if they are friendly or not, Blizzard has already been working on this in patch 3.2 having the armor sets from the new instnaces/raids having different appearances for Alliance and Horde. This will fix the higher levels but for the lower levels there are still problems. However in my experience until later in the game I do not have problems with low level members of the other faction attacking me unless one of two things, they don't attack someone of the same or close to the same level unless they have a friend with them, or they don't attack until you have more then one mob on you and they attack from behind. The other problem as a low level on a pvp realm, if you see some high level in the area they are probably going to gank you anyways unless they just don't see you.

This is what I've gained from reading the posts on the two threads. Rip the parts you think are wrong apart, this is just what I have gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelibri
    chuck norris died.