Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No one talks in battlegrounds?

I came back after having done battlegrounds for about one and a half hour, mainly WSG, AB and EOTS. Something I noticed was no one on the alliance side was talking. No chatting, no raging, no tactics, no spam. Nothing! I believe one of the main reasons people lose battlegrounds is because of lack of communications. Is this common for you too?

Re: No one talks in battlegrounds?

If everybody knows how the battlegrounds work and what you have to do to win, there would be no need to chat. It shouldn't be nessesary to tell someone where the opponent flag-carrier is when they just need to look at the damn map, yet they always walk in the flag-room first when you can clearly see he is on top, this amongst other things really gets my blood boiling. Common sense is way more important than communication imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    If everybody knows how the battlegrounds work and what you have to do to win, there would be no need to chat.
    And unless you are in a pre-made, there is a zero percent chance that everybody, or even a quarter of the peple will know what to do to win. Can you say zerg the flag in EOTS while the opponents cap 3 bases, I know that you can. So you can try and a little pre-battle chat to talk them out of it, but usually it falls on deaf ears anyway.

I would say anytime even 2 or 3 people chat before the battle and outlay some sort of basic battle plan, your odds of victory go up dramatically. It seldom happens though.

I find it's best to tell people what you're doing, and if they want to be helpful, they'll conform to what you're doing. I find it's bad to try and tell people what to do short of saying AV BLITZ! ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!

Varies a lot.

There's 3 types of players in BG's. I'll use AB as an example.

1.You get the players who will just bitch and moan and call each other noobs(sometimes even when you are still winning). These players will often also be the 1s who don't bother staying to guard a flag when they are the last 1 there etc. yet still blame everyone else when they lose.

2.Then there's the players who have got so used to losing that they've basically given up all hope of the alliance playing well as a team and so they just keep quiet while trying to kill stuff and enjoy the game without getting too stressed about the result.

3. Then theres those who want to win and actually try to make it happen by calling incs, make good decisions about when to move to attack or defend another base and actually have a good idea of what they are doing.

I put myself as number 3 although im sure everyone does including those who i'd class as number 1.... but i'll often just give up and afk out when it's clear people are stupid. I normally find myself standing defending stable or blacksmith and trying to call incs at every other base using eagle eye because most players don't bother or they do it far too late for it to be helpful.

15+ Year Old Account

In my opinion, better silent than bickering. Too many bgs my shaman has been in recently have turned out to be no more than bouts of "You suck!" "No, you do!" "No you!" as the horde happily proceed to an easy victory.

Ended up buying honor marks with WG shards rather than deal with that BS again, just to get the silly pvp healing totem. Heh.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    Varies a lot.

1.You get the players who will just bitch and moan and call each other noobs(sometimes even when you are still winning). These players will often also be the 1s who don't bother staying to guard a flag when they are the last 1 there etc. yet still blame everyone else when they lose.

2.Then there's the players who have got so used to losing that they've basically given up all hope of the alliance playing well as a team and so they just keep quiet while trying to kill stuff and enjoy the game without getting too stressed about the result.

3. Then theres those who want to win and actually try to make it happen by calling incs, make good decisions about when to move to attack or defend another base and actually have a good idea of what they are doing.

I put myself as number 3 although im sure everyone does including those who i'd class as number 1.... but i'll often just give up and afk out when it's clear people are stupid. I normally find myself standing defending stable or blacksmith and trying to call incs at every other base using eagle eye because most players don't bother or they do it far too late for it to be helpful.

^this very much this.... The best you can really do is call out inc's andhope some other decent players will respond to it, you cant give orders or encouragement because someone will just call you a noob and say "let them win" ffs i want to strangle people who say "let them win" you just wasted 20 minutes of my life

10+ Year Old Account

Just be glad that the chat was empty. Usually, the only thing that gets said in the bg chat is things like "OMG U NO DEFEND STABLLES U R IDIOTSS!". Just buncha people raging and being complete keyboard warriors. You aint missing nothing.

Ofc, there will be times when you get lucky and end up in a team in wich most players have their brains turned on. Those players will mostly just announce incs, and call for help before they rush headfirst into a group of enemies. If you're somewhat experienced, these things will come by default and you wont just stand along getting killed on the roads until someone tells you what to do :P
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

the only talking i see in the chatwindow is mostly:

you suck

your mom...

don`t tap this, don`t go there,

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    Varies a lot.

This is a VERY accurate breakdown of the current state. I would add a 4th category -- "grumpy honor farmers who would really rather be AFK and bristle at any semblance of directions." These people make it very difficult for people in category 3 to make any constructive impact on the bg. If you call out "inc lumber mill," that's fine, but if you say "2 people on D at lumber mill, 3 of us need to go cap," frequently category 4 will freak out and start spamming the bg channel insulting you (i.e. "lol @ the FAIL lock with only 25k hp giving advice"), accusing you of nerdraging and trying to control the bg, etc. etc. etc.

Just got out of a fail eots, what happened was this:

* alliance raped our faces with a zerg group that went from base to base, only one healer, 2 hunters, 2 paladins, 1 warrior as far as i remember. Noone even tried attacking that Priest, cause it was so fun to run after the Hunters while everyone els shot you to bits :

* one crap geared warrior capped the flag and ran to the only base we had and ofc he turned it in WHILE we were attacking another base and about 5 sec before we got it, and ofc while 5 alliance players were waiting in the middle for the next flag to appear, common sense anyone?

I should have see in comin though, when the game startet, half the group just jumped down and was at 50% health and like 10 people rushed the Flag, that just screams *FAIL*

And yes, be happy if the chat was empty, i usually flame the shit out of those retards.

Geeze, I would be happy if everyone would stfu and actually win in the bgs that I am in. :P
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Geeze, I would be happy if everyone would stfu and actually win in the bgs that I am in. :P
    This :P

15+ Year Old Account

Most people that are in there trying to simply just enjoy themselfs disable /bg chat.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

there is always that cocky asshat who thinks they know why we are losing and has to tell everyone how bad they are. /ignore /bg chat imo
    4 8 15 16 24 32

I have been experiencing almost the same lately. Normally the chat is silent, once in a while broken by "Omg f*cking noobs!". This is on horde side. And as someone wrote earlier, there are 4 different kind of people, nr. 3 are very rare. Maybe its because all the "good" players simply get their honor elsewhere, since they know going BGs will ruin you day.

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    there is always that cocky asshat who thinks they know why we are losing and has to tell everyone how bad they are. /ignore /bg chat imo
    Knowing why the group fails doesn't make an asshat out of you. These people are often right (sadly), and when you bother enough to write in in the chat, u usually bother enough to know the tactics and actually try to win.
    Maybe, just maybe they are just fed up with those useless scrubs that triple the time of their honor-grind.

Think about it like American Idol, if someone really sucks ballz in singing, why not tell them to stop wasting your time and getting on your nervs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    Knowing why the group fails doesn't make an asshat out of you. These people are often right (sadly), and when you bother enough to write in in the chat, u usually bother enough to know the tactics and actually try to win.
    Maybe, just maybe they are just fed up with those useless scrubs that triple the time of their honor-grind.

Think about it like American Idol, if someone really sucks ballz in singing, why not tell them to stop wasting your time and getting on your nervs?
    Well I'm all for constructive criticism, but I'm referring to that guy who complains just because he thinks he's the only one who knows what the objectives are. You know, the "OMG you are all noobs, go reroll (opp faction) and kill urselves...yada yada yada"
    4 8 15 16 24 32

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    Well I'm all for constructive criticism, but I'm referring to that guy who complains just because he thinks he's the only one who knows what the objectives are. You know, the "OMG you are all noobs, go reroll (opp faction) and kill urselves...yada yada yada"
    Well, not everybody is. If you tell them to defend more or support the flag they often reply with something like " i play like i want to, shut up"
    This is one reason why i hate the internet, they can curse you without having to fear some sort of punishment. Hope i'm still alive (and still be able to hold a baseball bat or something similar) when they invent teleporting 8)

The reason why you are in so many 'fail' bg's are because they are a thing of the past. People only use BG's to farm honor so they can get the current season off-set gear. Arena is where the real pvp happens because it takes a lot more skill and coordination. Those who do pvp and are not fail pvp players enjoy arena and play it because it's better than bg's for those same reason you people are crying about. There are just too many idiots who don't know what to do and have no gear that make the experience horrible for them.

As for myself, I'm an Unholy DK and I only do bg's with my Holy Pally buddy. (sometimes others, but only if pally is there as well) This is because when I run into a game where my team sucks and we get face rolled, I can still enjoy murdering a bunch of people with the pocket healer. This allows me to not get frustrated, I still get to honor farm, I enjoy killing tons of alliance AND I don't have to afk out and get deserter.

I would bet that 95% of the posters on this thread are not good pvp players themselves and think that just because you know a good strategy in a bg or try for it, that makes you a good player.
    You have to realize that to win in bg's it's not a simple factor of people who know how to play and what to do. That is only part of the equation, there is also gear, specs, class make up and some lucky scenarios that make up if you will win or lose.
    There are sometimes you go into a WSG and the opposite team will have like 3 healers and a prot warrior. A scenario like that, you'll need a lot of players to take down all the heals and eventually kill the prot warrior, but this leaves your flag carrier with little to no support, making them easier for the opposite team to kill. Even if you have people going for the objective to win and no just fighting in the middle or afking, you still just might not be able to kill that warrior.

If you wanna have fun while pvping, get friends to play with you (better chance of at least just killing guys for fun), do world pvp and gank people or do arena.