Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Level 90 paladin talent ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Deep Prot talent:

Let's GTFO of Here!
    1minute CD
    100% current mana

The paladin channels a massive protective shield over his/her entire party/raid and hearths them all to safety. Requires both Divine Shield and Hearth Stone to be off Cooldown to use.
    I lol'd.

Sorry about the spellsteal/counterspell confusion, that and the whole wind shear/earth shock buisness are fixed now.

Regarding encouraging words, i changed it to just mana, because on second thought giving increased RP, rage and energy would make it more of a heroism/bloodlust type thing, not really what I was going for. And how's this for an actual name: Uther's Blessing-the paladin grants his allies the blessing of the lightbringer, increasing etc. etc. etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Deep Prot talent:

Let's GTFO of Here!
    1minute CD
    100% current mana

The paladin channels a massive protective shield over his/her entire party/raid and hearths them all to safety. Requires both Divine Shield and Hearth Stone to be off Cooldown to use.
    best idea ever xD

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Divine aura
    your divine shield is now considered a raidwide aura.
    last untill cancelled

nerf;P

15+ Year Old Account

Your ret idea is horrible.

Horrible

Horrible

Retribution paladins are not supposed to "Go for the throat" in a lust of "Bloody Vengeance", we are not rogues, or warriors. We are noble Righteous paladins of the light.

Also Blizzard wants SoC to be the PvP seal of choice using SoV as apart of the spell would be counter productive.

Paladins need a Windshock Like ability which does no damage to the target but interrupts spell casting. Something like

"Overwhelm- The paladins current target is overwhelmed by the presence of the paladin, interrupting spell casting, and preventing any spells from that class to be cast for xyz ammount of seconds"

Paladins are both visually, physically, and presence wise an overwhelming class. They are the Knights in Shining armor. Their allies are relieved on the site of seeing them arrive, their enemies shake with fear when coming up against them. So on so forth, this is defiantly more fitting then bloody vengeance.

-Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Paladins are both visually, physically, and presence wise an overwhelming class. They are the Knights in Shining armor. Their allies are relieved on the site of seeing them arrive, their enemies shake with fear when coming up against them. So on so forth, this is defiantly more fitting then blood vengeance.
    But warriors have bladestorm

Since blizzard fails at balancing the class, heres an idea. Why don't they remove all the talents and replace them with one talent per tree:

Holy: New talent, Turn your paladin into a holy or disc priest.

Prot: New talent, turn your paladin into a warrior tank.

Ret: New talent, follow in arthas' footsteps and become a death knight.

The ret one seems horribly OP rets burst is crazy and with this
    + hoj healers would die in seconds and since it is only one 10 sec cool down.
    need to make longer cool down or it would be op

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus

Hey now, no one's asking for nerfs to prot in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pognut
    Prot
    Encouraging Words
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vD4G...eature=related

this is how retarded the name is
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarriors
    I like the ret changes u have in mind we badly need an interupt and every other class in the game has one with less then 30 secs CD.
    Wrong

heres my ret idea

Seal of Patch 3.0:
    10% base mana
    You melee swings will occasionally grant you Might of 3.0 for 15 seconds, increasing critical damage by exactly enough to make the target QQ on WoW forums. Judging this seal will cause all healers and forum complaints within 100000000000000000000000000000000 yards to take over 9000 damage modified by attack power
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Since blizzard fails at balancing the class, heres an idea. Why don't they remove all the talents and replace them with one talent per tree:

Holy: New talent, Turn your paladin into a holy or disc priest.

Ret: New talent, follow in arthas' footsteps and become a death knight.

Lol pally going dk >_> more like dk going pally
    80 - warrior
    80 - mage
    80 - rogue

The paladin goes for the enemy's throat

im about to go for your throat
    I Dont Read the signature rules

BTW, ret is now back to crap in pvp... burst was our only real offensive tool (not really a tool though). If you're still complaining about Ret then you A) suck B) are too undergeared or C) don't know that Ret burst, especially in pvp, was nerfed completely in 3.2.

I'd reccomend something for Ret like "Will of the Ashbringer" that charged your weapon for X amount of time, increasing haste by some % OR temporarily slowing the target and applying a holy dot.

Or perhaps "Spirit of Vengeance" calls forth a spirit of the light to strike your enemies with holy fire (like your own Tyrael for 20 secs)

Another cool talent or glyph could be to make repentance auto-MC the target so they "realize the error of their ways" and attack their nearest ally for up to 8 or 10 seconds.

Avatar of retribution, increasing dmg done and lets you use some interupt or other nifty spell but is unable to heal.

Your ret idea is horrible.

Horrible

Horrible

Retribution paladins are not supposed to "Go for the throat" in a lust of "Bloody Vengeance", we are not rogues, or warriors. We are noble Righteous paladins of the light.

Also Blizzard wants SoC to be the PvP seal of choice using SoV as apart of the spell would be counter productive.

Paladins need a Windshock Like ability which does no damage to the target but interrupts spell casting. Something like

"Overwhelm- The paladins current target is overwhelmed by the presence of the paladin, interrupting spell casting, and preventing any spells from that class to be cast for xyz ammount of seconds"

Paladins are both visually, physically, and presence wise an overwhelming class. They are the Knights in Shining armor. Their allies are relieved on the site of seeing them arrive, their enemies shake with fear when coming up against them. So on so forth, this is defiantly more fitting then bloody vengeance.

I will admit that Bloody vengeance doesn't seem too paladinish, but chill out man. We are talking ret here, which to me has a more violent feel to it than prot (a prot spell called bloody vengeance would be ridiculous). I also took the name from the two spells that you use with it, seal of blood and seal of vengeance. However, I just realized that the horde version of SoV is called seal of corruption, so maybe the name wouldn't work after all:P.

Since all 3 of my spells need new names (it was 2 in the morning when i came up with them), someone feel free to suggest some.

I'm thinking Uther's Blessing for the prot talent, not sure about the other two.

Avatar of retribution seems like an interesting idea.

Holy: "Holy Cascade" Passive talent after 5 Critical heals your next heal also heals 4 nearest party or raid members but cant be a critical heal.

Prot: "Blinding Light" 5min CD A flash of blinding light emanates from the paladin slowing auto attacks speed by 50% and casting by 50% for 10secs.

Ret: "Fervour of the Zealot" 20sec CD The paladin is consumed with vengeance increasing movement speed by 50% and causing the next weapon swing to strike twice.

Just some quick ideas, these are meant to be attractive talents but not overwhelmingly powerful no more so than titans grip but fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhombur

Prot: "Blinding Light" 5min CD A flash of blinding light emanates from the paladin slowing auto attacks speed by 50% and casting by 50% for 10secs.
    That's really bad lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    There wont be 90 lvls in next xpack
    Just 85.
    proof or its lies

you mean something like BASK IN MY GLORY

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHdSlYiy-E wait for the shaman part
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin