Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarion20
    Some1 wrote that:

"By now, most of the forum-goers have a good general idea of what has been happening in regards to this 'MMO-Champion Cataclysm Leak'.

Let me be the first person to 'officially' denounce this as fake. In this thread I will reveal all of the events that lead to the posting of the fake information posted by Boubouille on MMO-Champion.

Yes, SA is indeed jumping on the bandwagon here. The truth of the matter is that SA has nothing what so ever to do with this. They are merely trying to create even more drama within the clouded and confused WoW community. Which is actually, quite amusing, which is why it has taken so long for me to come forward.

Let's put SA aside for now. I'll address the more formally later on. For now, let's focus on the idea that was to be called by our team 'Peace Nerds'
    The monster that created the idea for our project was the monster that was released just pasted year called 'Wrath of The Lich King'.

In the eyes of our group the game has failed on many levels, and we were upset by many of the decisions Blizzard has made in the last few months.
    I.E. Easy 3.0 content, Season 6, Badge System, Re-tuned and re-used encounters and ideas, 'Burst is not a problem in PvP right now'. A few more examples could be used but I think that is efficient for the thread.

Long-story short, we were upset with the game, and had planned to quit for bigger and better things. We however, wanted to go out with a bang. Together along with 3 others we created a total of 3 fake 4.0 release patch notes. We have an entire FTP Database of fake material which was used to spawn the notes and information viewed on MMO-Champion.

The problem wasn't creating the material, we are all creative individuals. The problem was how do we release the information, make it believable, and create epic 'lulz'? We had a few ideas, but my colleague suggested trying to get a list of information posted on one of the big WoW community websites (WoR, AJ, MMO, etc). At first I immediately dismissed the idea, thinking it would be impossible. However, after an attempt to speak with Boubouille from MMO-Champion about a possible Blizzard Information Leak, it became apparent that Boubou was an idiot who would believe anything believed to be posted from a 'reliable source'.

How to go about convincing him that the information was real? The answer was simple. We spoke with Boubouille personally through telephone. We pretty quickly and suprisingly convinced him that we were legit from inside Blizzard. We first spoke about how we were impressed with his dedication to the website, and how great of an addition it was to the community. How we were looking to recruit him as a CM, and how we were looking for a way to promote the game before the release of Aion.

The fool was pretty easy to convince after we spoke on the phone. We faxed him a copy of our fake information and he proceeded to post it on MMO-Champion. The fact that the community has responded in such a way is really an interesting site.

To see SA come out and claim that everything was their idea is laughable at best, considering they are merely a 4chan clone.

Take a moment to sit back and let reality sink in. Stop believing SA, they are after all the people who convinced everyone that you had to pay to be a member of their guild (it's a lie stop believing it)."

Im not the one to say that this guy is right or bou is right, but I think that you should know about this info.

Regards.

Eldarion, Retired Mage.
    You say Boub is an idiot because he believes anything is true if its a "reliable source" But then why in the hell should we believe you, since you have no proof to be who you say you are or did what you said you did, just "believe me." When it comes to people "officially" denouncing stuff, I will stick to my blue posts. GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Nice story I'm sure but it's yet more QQ. Here is why I think the information is real.

Blizzard have a well established relationship with sites such as MMO-Champion due to previous beta key comps, that sort of thing. They read these sites, of course they do.

Do you not think that when they saw this news on Friday, and knew it was all faked, they wouldn't have fired off an email to the sites in question saying "Umm guys, not sure where you got this info, but it's 100% not correct, please remove it. Trust us on this."

Yet the information remains, that's because Blizzard knows its real, and plans to announce it all in less than a week.

Oh and the info posted here doesn't look anything like patch note material, fake or otherwise. It's general themes and ideas. It's not patch notes.

Ehm, I'm fairly sure that if Blizzard saw some "leaked information" that was false, they wouldn't do anything about it apart from laughing diabolically because their announcement will make everyone go "OH SO THOSE RUMORUS WERE WRONG!". The only reason they remove rumour-posts on their own forums is because a lot of people will take it for granted and then blame Blizzard if it isn't true in the end, because "it was on their forums, so they support the stuff and claims in there".

I'd rather believe this post was true when it was removed per Blizzard's request.

wtb Troll Warlock

I really thinks that the information here exposed is right or partially right, either way blizzard would allow those especulation just to pump up the hype, for sure even being wrong these rumours being thrown out for us, will at least, make everyone that is interest in wow somehow, to watch with both eyes really open the direct news from blizzcon.

But for me, i really liked the idea of coming back to the old world, wow was kinda getting too much away from its original content. And that content for me was much more cool.

Lets just wait and see =]

all speculative bs imo

I dont understand why everyone keeps pointing to Lore as the reason why things cant work. These races can't grow...they can't learn from one another? I mean look at societies that have multi-cultural backgrounds. They learn from one another, they incorporate and they blend cultures together. The Horde and Alliance have been together for many years...so why can't they learn from one another? So for me I say why not Tauren Paladins? There could not have been a group of Tauren that found the light fascinating? Why can't they decided to learn from their new found allies, The Blood Elves same could be asked of the Dwarves? The Gnomes have lived with the Dwarves for many years and been allies with the humans for a long time....they didnt learn anything from them?

Lore is the past. Cultures change, learn, grow, and make new lore.

Lame idea for an expansion
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    And with nothing more than a whimper, the sig faded into the void.
    Please read our Sig/Avatar rules here.

Im quite amused how people blow up about this.
    If 50% of this Information is true and the other half is wrong it would still be amazing imo.
    After all its just a wall of Information and stuff for us to discuss about, nothing to freak out about.
    I'll just wait and see what the Future brings ^^ so far, im amazed.

Sincerly,

Fabi

This post is so convoluted I don't know why anyone would take it for fact. It really sounds like something some random people came up with just for the hell of it or to mess with people. There are all these random speculations upon speculations thrown together quoting sites who quote others as reliable sources.

It completely disregards lore in some places and then tries to forge it's own in others. I know people are arguing that lore doesn't necessarily dictate how it will go, but at the same time why throw it to the wayside for classes and then fabricate lore in other places to help with their 'storyline'? Instances such as the new classes or Malfurion for some reason naming the guardian of tirisfal, while none of the order are left since Medivh killed them all (Malfurion was never associated with the order of tirisfal). Furthermore, the job of the guardian of tirisfal is to fight off demons of the burning legion (which nagas and the blackdragonflight are not), not to mediate between factions. And why name Cairne a traitor anyways? Cairne helped Thrall free Grom from the legion.

All and all I just don't think it adds up. Maybe I'm wrong and it is actually from credible sources, but can we shift conversation to more current content and the upcoming 3.2.2 until this is either confirmed/denied at blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarion20
    Let's put SA aside for now. I'll address the more formally later on. For now, let's focus on the idea that was to be called by our team 'Peace Nerds'
    The monster that created the idea for our project was the monster that was released just pasted year called 'Wrath of The Lich King'.
    TYPO!!! YOU ARE INCORRECT ON EVERYTHING NOW!!!

But in all srs bsns, not mnky bsns, plz don't be sarcastic on the interwebs, like me, ppl just take to personally or don't understand it's not srs bsns.
    Plz, keep it with all teh srs bsns in mind.

Why can't lore change, this is the present in the wow-verse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Tauren paladin?
    WTF? taurens are only good at bringing milk! and now they are gonne be some light guy?! this is just lame, if they wanne do an holy light they cant bcause they dont have any light or smthn, this is lame,

Tauren priest?
    Same with paladin

Dwarf Shaman?!
    Lameeeeeeeee this is just a shouldnt be like the rest,

keep races-classes how it was but some are good i must say, like Human hunters or Belf Warriors is nice but keep it how it was blizz ...

The only issue is about Garrosh war-decing the Alliance. Assuming he does...Thrall would return since
    he serves as a coordinator for both the Horde and Alliance forces
    . Plus what about Thrall's supporters; most importantly Saurofang (spelled wrong I bet).

I really wish Blizzard would stop putting "Teenagers" (mentally) in as our Faction Leaders; Garrosh and Varian both do not act as they should given their upbring and status in their respected societies

Unless this is in preparations to have "Crossfaction" where you have the 'Rebel Horde' and the 'Empire Horde' (what?? I like Star Wars).

let's get this topic over 9000!!!!

on topic: i like some idea's, some i don't, will be fun to play more in azeroth again!
    i dislike the troll druid thow.. meaning there well be something like a worgen druid orso?
    anyway i find it weird..

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Why would mmo-champion voluntarily advertise the live stream for Blizzard? I doubt Boub is stupid enough to advertise for such a massive company for nothing, when a site of this magnitude could easily cash in on that in some way. There's no doubt in my mind Boub has connections with Blizzard, and this was intended to spark discussion prior to Blizzcon.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Thank God, I was tired to death of the stagnation, all the broken content.

Finally they're going to fix the content and move the old world story FORWARD instead of letting it sit there like a limp wang.

Sad and alone.

Flight in Azeroth! Finally, and the class thing is the only part that rubs me raw, classes should be somewhat unique to each race, I don't want them to be all interchangeable, that makes them considerably more bland.

Garrosh? Why would he appoint Garrosh? Seems like a strange choice.

I was HOPING to finally see Undermine, but I guess the hopes of that are dashed entirely.

Dislike the human form thing for the Worgen, you know everyone out there is just going to run around in human form like douchebags, ruining the point of being Worgen.

Goblins better get a new model, I don't want green gnomes/dwarves, be true to the art this time around, thanks.

Also, redo the human models, the Rayman feet have to go, and I'd be utterly satisfied.

Truly, this is what so many players wanted for so long, it's funny to see people up in arms, I guess it shows you some people are satisfied with stagnation.

Personally, I disagree with all the haters...

This expansion idea sounds 1000x better than the mess that is "Wrath of the Liche King".

But silly me, I like games that are dynamic and changing and fun, not stagnant.

The idea that stuff and go on in the old world zones, and change them, is awesome.
    Not to mention there is tons of stuff that was left in a way that you could come back to and have new stuff, like questlines that didnt' answer questions, or NPCs that were going to do stuff and tell you stuff later on, etc.

I personally hope the spoilers are all 100% dead on

But yeah, being a druid, it will take me time to get used to seeing troll druids. I see trolls as possibly the 2nd most evil horde race, behind undead.

You know, at this point, the lore is really rolling with the WoW-verse? Just like the hardcore LotR people, some people can't let go of how things were and speculate to no end on how things should be.

A lot of people here throw around "blue said this" "blue said that" like it's some kind of law of nature. What blue says yesterday can change today.

Is the post speculative? Sure. Does it come from reliable sources? Sure, again. It could be absurdly false or we could be even more surprised from what's to come this week. So until then, lets all just speculate... er wait...

(personally I like what I've read!)

In a few days all of you who dont believe what mmo-champion says about the new expansion will see that the information is true.
    I mean come on this is not just one WoW fanpage this is the source of information on wow and it is used by many magazines around the world and it is known to
    be very reliable.
    I believe the news about WoW Cataclysm. I few details might change in the process as they sometimes do in game develpopment cycles but i do believe what mmo-champion says about the addon.
    You folks come here day after day. Why? Because you dont believe the news here? No you come here because you know that mmo-champion is a highly reliable wow news website. So why do you suddenly jump ship?

Lots of criticism but no faith? Come on guys show more support please. I am sure the editor at mmo-champion has done the best to check if these information about the next addon is true.
    Even if you dont believe him show more courtesy please.
    I think we owe that to him, having provided us with excellent wow news all this time.

Thank you mmo-champion.

People do nothing but spew their dislike for certain class-race combos.

While I can somewhat understand the "WTF?"-effect of Tauren Paladins and Priests (keep this duo in mind by the way), other class-race combos make perfect sense.

For Dwarf Shamans you don't even have to look that far. The Wildhammer clan is known for their close ties with nature, they're known to be Shamans (and even Druids, mind you, but I doubt they're as close as the Tauren or Night Elves). The Wildhammers have an alliance with the Alliance (olol).

Same goes for Troll Druids. Trolls are known for their close ties and spirituality with the Animal Gods. We've seen this at first hand in Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman and Zul'Drak. It's not a big step up from learning the ways of gaining the blessing of these Gods rather than forcing it upon themselves. In the end, the result is the same, you get a race that has close ties to nature or animals that can learn the ways of the Druid. I mean, the difference is already in game right now, both Elven and Tauren Druids have different paths that lead to the same result. The Night Elves believe in Elune, the Tauren in the Earthmother, why can't there be a race that believes in the Animal Gods?

And even if all this doesn't really make sense for some classes and races, there's also the fact that all the playable races are humanoids in such a way that they can learn, experience, evolve. It's pretty clear from that one pointless quest that there are Tauren thay are in doubt that the Earthmother is the only source of cleansing. Tauren aren't blind creatures, they can easily see at first hand how other races and classes wield the light to cleanse the Scourge in Northrend. Why can't there be some Tauren that go "Hey, that stuff looks like fun, I want to learn!" and bam, you have Tauren studying the light, Priests and Paladins (see, told you to remember the duo) can now be seen amongst the Tauren ranks.

The Tauren learning new ways can also be applied to Gnomes. Gnomes have always lacked a healing class, and while mainly trust in magic and technology, there's nothing that states that Gnomes can't be religious or study other things.

To be honest, most combinations make more sense than Human Warlocks, or Warlocks in the Alliance in its whole (even the Horde, but I can somewhat understand this). Humans, and thus the Alliance, doesn't look kindly on the use of the Demonic, yet they're allowed to hop around freely. This has nothing to do with a certain race learning things (unlike the examples I mentioned before), but with an actual "rule" within a faction.

The only things that are worthy of calling "LOL LORE", are things that clash with previous stories or previous alignments. The Draenei are a very good example of "LOL LORE" and even Blizzard roughly admitted this in an interview a few weeks ago (about the seeding of new races).

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin
    First of all, prove that it's NOT real. Second of all, just because THIS POST didn't say anything about a new hero class, doesn't mean there won't be one. This news post has most likely NOT revealed EVERYTHING. More will be revealed at Blizzcon and in the coming months. Thirdly, Bou has been quite reliable in the past and has no reason to purposefully post false or misleading information. Like he said, he's got his sources. Fourth, Blizzard knows what they are doing with THEIR lore. If they want orc mages, they will find a way to make the lore work. And last, but certainly not least, you're an idiot.
    I got your proof, its not been announced by Blizzard. So untill Blizzard actually says at Blizzcon that all this pathetic excuse of an expansion is real, untill then this pile of shit is all speculation and NOTHING more. There is a chance that this sloppy and disappointing crap might actually be put into the next expansion or a future one (at which point WoW will finally come to its end with a ton of players leaving), but like i said before untill it comes out the horses mouth Boubou the moron is just speculating.