Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy
    This is redicoulus! This CAN´T be serious!

Tauren Paladin?! Troll Druid?! Orc Mage?! R U kidding me? Never! Not even in a hundred years!
    Maybe you should take some time to read the possible lore behind the changes. Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want with the lord. You know why? Because it's THEIR lore. If they write in that Taurens found a reason to become paladins, then they can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Erixi
    So what happens when most of this is proven wrong? I'm just wondering really?

I'm sorry but a lot of it doesn't sound anything like what Blizz would do.
    Before you decide, have a read of this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=570.0

It's way way back two years ago when MMO-Champ posted some WOTLK details prior to the official announcement and look at the replies, lots of "no way will Blizzard do that" type replies. Yet it all happened.

Wait and see. We'll know at the weekend. But keep in mind that the person who posts news here doesn't do so unless they're reasonably sure it's accurate and they have years of experience of how Blizzard works. They know what to look for, what to check and what feels right. And this feels right to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Problematic
    I hate the fact Garrosh is becoming leader of the Horde though, as Alliance player myself I have great respect for the Horde wich is purely based on the wise and awesome Thrall, who fights for some kind of allegiance between the Horde and Alliance (see the questline with The Battle for Undercity). I for one hope for this allegiance to come true one day, as we share many common enemies. Though it's impossible gameplay-wise it'd be cool.
    /signed.
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Before you decide, have a read of this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=570.0

It's way way back two years ago when MMO-Champ posted some WOTLK details prior to the official announcement and look at the replies, lots of "no way will Blizzard do that" type replies. Yet it all happened.

Wait and see. We'll know at the weekend. But keep in mind that the person who posts news here doesn't do so unless they're reasonably sure it's accurate and they have years of experience of how Blizzard works. They know what to look for, what to check and what feels right. And this feels right to them.
    haha its rly funny to read that thread, all those ppl calling it fake , bs and whatnot
    weird that it only has 6 pages though 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by keckster
    Alright Blizzard stop messing around this is awful imo.

Thrall is no longer the leader of the horde WTF?!?
    Carnie Bloodhoof is dead WTF?!?
    Undead Hunters is an awful idea.
    Please I beg you I have been playing since 2006 don't change the old world of azeroth I sometimes just love to go back to the old zones they are filled with memories for me.
    Yes. Undead hunters are an awful idea. /facepalm
    Are you aware that Lady Sylvanas Windrunner is technically a hunter? Also, There's a targetting area in Undercity with undeads testing their fire-arms, that would be fare more sensical if they were hunters, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    What the fuck.
    Raising the Levelcap only by 5 Level means that they have about half of the work to do as if they'd release an expansion with the full 10 level.
    Means: We'll pay the full price for only 50% work.

WoW is nothing more than a cash cow.
    Idiot. You know nothing about the leveling speed and still bitch about it. 5 levels in Cataclysm could just as well take as long as 10 levels in WOTLK.
    And seeing as most players see leveling as a chore, it would even make sense to shorten time spent on that.
    This space is available for rent!

If you're right with only one half of the information, i will never ever be suspicious again about anything posted by boub.
    also: inb4 over 9000 comments.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Idiot. You know nothing about the leveling speed and still bitch about it. 5 levels in Cataclysm could just as well take as long as 10 levels in WOTLK.
    And seeing as most players see leveling as a chore, it would even make sense to shorten time spent on that.
    It still just is 5 more talents instead of 10, per class per spec and don't forget the balancing arround it.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Only a level 85 cap? Bull. There is enough half-truths mixed it to catch peoples attention but there is to much stuff that just doesn't make sense or sounds like blizzard.
    blizz said several times that they dont want to raise the lvl cap by 10 every expansion.

Can't say i've managed to read all the comments here (88 pages is a lot to read through) - but here is my take on this.

Races and Classes: My only comment here would be the extra druid that the Horde would be getting (unless the worgen were druids too - but that seems very unlikely - and not a good idea).

Reusing old Dungeons: I like the idea that they are bringing some of these back. Many of us never got the change to experience them and it would be cool to have to go up against them again. However if these consisted of the only new dungeons/raids in the next expansion then that really would be bad in my opinion.

Re-designing Azeroth. This is a fairly radical idea - but one that may address a problem that was just going to get bigger and bigger with each expansion. The leveling from 1 to whatever the current level cap might be. 1-80 is just about doable - but 1-100... 1-110? They are addressing this for alts with the BoA items that give exp bonuses, but Blizzard are still wanting new players to join this game - leveling for 110 levels before getting to what many consider to the the whole point of the game just is not inspiring to new players... at least not that many. With a newly designed Azeroth, this could be addressed in a much better way. New starting zone quests (which would be also nice for those re-rolling new toons... Arnt you sick of the starting zone quests by now?) with much greater exp granted to help you level faster so make the grind less. Added to the ability of Blizzard to add flying to the old world - this would solve both these problems at the same time.

Level cap 85: This is in my view is the silliest idea. A well geared lvl80 would be able to do "final zone" quests - or at least kill lvl85 mobs. Its always been the case that a lot of classes can kill mobs 5 levels higher than them and this would really throw out the leveling routine - someone could level in the end zone only (would be hard maybe but could do it) thismissing out on lots of content. Remember that Blizzard has always tried to make sure that people first in an expansion CANT skip areas easily. No flying in Outlands until lvl70, no flying in Northrend till 77 (at least at first). Also unless they made the leveling really slow, people would be all at 85 within a very short period of time. I know that a lot of people were at 80 in a very short time - but this would make that even more so. I just cant see a lvl cap of 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoivo
    Making over Azeroth sounds very cool, but Thrall giving over Leadership to Garrosh is just plain silly. There are many others who would be better suited as Warchief, Sylvanas, Saurfang, Cairne...etc etc etc. Hell, I would take Jaina over Garrosh any day of the week.

The new classes for old races sounds good as well, but some of the races getting certain classes sound soutlandish at best. Seriously, Tauran Paladins, DwarfShammans give me a break.
    Point 1: Sylvanas is busy with the Undead and has far more pressing issues involving her own people to take care of. Saurfang? Its possible, but does he really fit the role of warchief? He is more of a lead general than he is leader of a people, let alone an allegience of 5 (possibly 6) groups of people. Cairne? The only real ties he has to the horde are with Thrall and the orcs, lorewise he is an amazing Tauren Chief, but he is no leader of the Horde.

Point 2: Tauren Paladins can be explained via the conversation involving the new quest starting in Dalaran. Dwarf Shamans? Thats an understandable concern, but in no way a great leap. The majority of these arguments in this thread seem to be of the "I like things the way they are and they cant change because I wouldnt like that" variety. The real fact is that its a vastly different world than it was 5 years ago already, it can, and will, change even more.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    I dont really see that making people work twice as long per level will make people feel its less of a chore. If it took twice as long per level but only had 5 levels, then thats not going to make less time leveling than 10 levels at the same speed anyway, so may as well have 10 levels (and 10 talent points).

Quote Originally Posted by Tjamen
    blizz said several times that they dont want to raise the lvl cap by 10 every expansion.
    Not doubting you (totally) - but source?

Quote Originally Posted by TiaJaden
    Not doubting you (totally) - but source?
    I can vouch for this, cant look it up currently but a few weeks ago Zarhym made a remark about this on the official forums. They have stated that 10 levels per expansion is not guranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    /headdesk

They already exist. They're called Eredar.
    Not really..... The Draenie are Eradar that followed Valen (if ive got the name right - really cant be bothered to check but you know what I mean anyway). Its nothing to do with their class. Making a Draenie Warlock wouldnt make one an Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by Andixas
    They have stated that 10 levels per expansion is not guranteed.
    10 levels per expansion not guaranteed is not quite the same thing as saying they dont want to do 10 levels. Just that they are making no promises which is standard Blizz practice. Dont deny anything or confirm it.

10 levels per expansion not guaranteed is not quite the same thing as saying they dont want to do 10 levels. Just that they are making no promises which is standard Blizz practice. Dont deny anything or confirm it.
    Nonetheless the point remains. I guess it just depends on if you look at everything that is said like you are trying to grade a math test or not. Your original post was that you didnt think 5 levels would happen. You quoted someone saying Blizzard didnt want to do 10 levels per expansion and asked for a source. I semi-supplied you with that. Read into as you see fit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Andixas
    I semi-supplied you with that. Read into as you see fit :P
    True, and end-of-the-day, I don't believe that anyone yet REALLY KNOWS whats going to happen - it's all speculation even if there may be some strong reasons to think some of it is true. Personally I find it very interesting and exciting waiting to see whats going to be the case. Whatever it is, I know im not going to be the only one waiting outside at midnight to buy the next expansion! 5 levels doesnt sound as good to me as 10, but im sure I will still enjoy playing the new expansion anyway.

Deleted

Can't say i've managed to read all the comments here (88 pages is a lot to read through) - but here is my take on this.

Races and Classes: My only comment here would be the extra druid that the Horde would be getting (unless the worgen were druids too - but that seems very unlikely - and not a good idea).

Reusing old Dungeons: I like the idea that they are bringing some of these back. Many of us never got the change to experience them and it would be cool to have to go up against them again. However if these consisted of the only new dungeons/raids in the next expansion then that really would be bad in my opinion.

Re-designing Azeroth. This is a fairly radical idea - but one that may address a problem that was just going to get bigger and bigger with each expansion. The leveling from 1 to whatever the current level cap might be. 1-80 is just about doable - but 1-100... 1-110? They are addressing this for alts with the BoA items that give exp bonuses, but Blizzard are still wanting new players to join this game - leveling for 110 levels before getting to what many consider to the the whole point of the game just is not inspiring to new players... at least not that many. With a newly designed Azeroth, this could be addressed in a much better way. New starting zone quests (which would be also nice for those re-rolling new toons... Arnt you sick of the starting zone quests by now?) with much greater exp granted to help you level faster so make the grind less. Added to the ability of Blizzard to add flying to the old world - this would solve both these problems at the same time.

Level cap 85: This is in my view is the silliest idea. A well geared lvl80 would be able to do "final zone" quests - or at least kill lvl85 mobs. Its always been the case that a lot of classes can kill mobs 5 levels higher than them and this would really throw out the leveling routine - someone could level in the end zone only (would be hard maybe but could do it) thismissing out on lots of content. Remember that Blizzard has always tried to make sure that people first in an expansion CANT skip areas easily. No flying in Outlands until lvl70, no flying in Northrend till 77 (at least at first). Also unless they made the leveling really slow, people would be all at 85 within a very short period of time. I know that a lot of people were at 80 in a very short time - but this would make that even more so. I just cant see a lvl cap of 85.
    maybe, using phasing, u wont be able to go to zones having lvl85 mobs in it

A well geared lvl80 would be able to do "final zone" quests - or at least kill lvl85 mobs.
    Not guaranteed. Think about what happens if you go tanking under the def cap

If the crush,crit, and resist table is going a lot steeper after 80, a 85 mob can well hit like a 95 one.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.