Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: About that worgen mount...

Quote Originally Posted by dannax
    Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    I actually don't mind it, We can't be to picky anyways. Were getting a kick ass transformation button.
    It's not a button, it happens when you go into combat automatically? I could be wrong.
    Both are correct

As for the mount, I hope it isn't a boar, but that's just because I want to get a boar mount on my Horde characters

15+ Year Old Account

Just love it how some people can just necro a thread like this. Anyway, because this turned into an actual conversation even AFTER the long expired time, I will just let this thread live on for a while and won't accuse anybody for necroing.

Now that thats out of the picture:
    I swear to god, WoW copied the Mage class from Lord of the Rings. Not to mention the Bloodelves!
    Dirty thieves.

Being original is very, very hard.
    Try creating something yourself that has never been thought up with, never before mentioned, or w/e else there is.

Not so easy, amiright?
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by chiper12
    As i said before, i am not saying they coppied war. Boar mounts are very common in fantasy games, i merely wanted to show what some expect it to look like by using a mount from an already finished game.
    Dude/Lady

Blizzard Copies DnD, so what makes you think they wouldnt copy Warhammer?

10+ Year Old Account

i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Bring back plains-running imo
    And what about a mount achievement for Worgen then?

Also - I don't think it is a wolf - that is the Orc racial mount. If you are going to recycle a mount, Gilneans are humans - give them a horse then.

IMHO, I think the concept art looks sweet. I would love to know what it is and how it came to be? Maybe the Curse did a species jump and infected their pigs or horses and this is the result?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard
    And what about a mount achievement for Worgen then?

Also - I don't think it is a wolf - that is the Orc racial mount. If you are going to recycle a mount, Gilneans are humans - give them a horse then.

IMHO, I think the concept art looks sweet. I would love to know what it is and how it came to be? Maybe the Curse did a species jump and infected their pigs or horses and this is the result?
    Reread my post and then bashed my head into a wall for not actually reading it properly.

I'd have to agree with this poster. Horse + Wolfie Curse = Worse/Holf
    Why hello there!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

The first thing I thought of when they showed the concept for worgen mounts was Legend of Zelda.

I want this TloZ Boar mount so bad!

And for Goblins please the TloZ Spinner

Shouldn't Worgen be able to like, uhm, run like wolves? I won't require a mount when I can walk on all fours and especially RUN like that... just saying

PS: FTL boar mount - looks silly to me but a lot of silly things get invented each day and we still live with em

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tro
    Dude/Lady

Blizzard Copies DnD, so what makes you think they wouldnt copy Warhammer?
    Let alone the fact that Warcraft: Humans & Orcs was originally meant to be a Warhammer rts but GW backed out, on the other hand Warhammer is a rip off of Tolkien and Micheal Moorcock (the whole concept of Chaos), who are themselves ripoffs of...etc. etc.

P.S. wasnt trying to make any particular point, just strengthening the argument that everything is a ripoff of something in the past, more or less (would be interesting to catalogue what the truly original ideas are across all fields of life....).

OT: Plain striding seemed to cause so much QQ that the cows had to be given a mount, Worgen players will QQ even more if they dont have a mount to collect! But I must say, why not give the option to plainstride to the cows and wolves as well as give them mounts - or would this cause nerdrage to people who dont play cows or wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    I was expecting a refrence to Manbearpig.

I think I would've prefered a refrence to Manbearpig.
    I think i would prefer ManBearPig overall as a mount :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse
    Someone on the WoW General forums posted that it was a Barghest, and after a little googling I could see it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barghest
    Very nice find!

Its not gonna look as that piggylooking thing.. Let's wait for the Beta to start and im sure the Screenshots will flow like blood in a toprated Arenamatch!

Holy thread necro..

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Obviously a Twilight Princess reference.

(Lets be honest here, there is no such thing as new ideas now. Its just implementing them in new mediums, in this case WoW. Stop caring.)

Edit: Damn, beat to it. By a bear, no less.

its not a boar you guys... and that barghest looks like a bat/dog combination :p

To me the Worgen mount looks like a Gryphon that was stricken with the werewolf curse (minus the wings of course).

Deleted

re: about the worgen mount

It is a god damn Warg with head armor (and hoofs?) ! You saw it in Lord of The Rings, DnD, WoW (only smaller) etc.

This is my opinion anyway Although a wolf riding a wolf is strange ...

God damn it can't post pictures because I am new ... :|

This thread has been dead for 5 months. Do you think anyone cares?