Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Sickeningyo

I know my trinkets are absolutely terrible, but it's all I've had to work with so far. Coming up this week I'll have enough badges to finish my 4 set. Which should I get for that? I figured it would be better to get the 4p before getting the belt and trinket. I'm open to any suggestions/advice. Thanks ahead of time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sickeningyo
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Sickeningyo

I know my trinkets are absolutely terrible, but it's all I've had to work with so far. Coming up this week I'll have enough badges to finish my 4 set. Which should I get for that? I figured it would be better to get the 4p before getting the belt and trinket. I'm open to any suggestions/advice. Thanks ahead of time.
    Start with the legs in my opinion, as it's just a direct stats upgrade from t9. If you can stand to make up the hit elsewhere, take the shoulders too, but if you can't go for the helm. Honestly you may want to consider picking up all 5 pieces of tier before you go for a belt or trinket as gloves are most often the easiest replaced of the 5 pieces when it comes to optimizing your gear. They seem to have the most variety when it comes to drops. Of course this comes with having a storage of hit elsewhere. Cross your fingers for a Tiny Abom trinket!

Rets with DBW... at least you know its bad... -_-

Deleted

I see no way of your meta gem being active? Change one of your 20 strength gems in Bryntroll to +10 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiur
    I see no way of your meta gem being active? Change one of your 20 strength gems in Bryntroll to +10 stats.
    done, i forgot to grab a nightmare tear after getting my new chest.

TIN MOTHER FFFFFFF ABOM JAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about damn time
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    10/10 very nice.

I know my Expertise is too high but upgrades are upgrades. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Grats, mang!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Grats, mang!!
    Oo grats to your imba-equip, prentice 10/10

oh, and...DWARFPOWAAA!!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...k&cn=Flashydan

i know my hit is way too high

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    Well looking at your character, it looks decent enough gear-wise. Your spec however is something I'd have trouble with if I were your classleader in ICC. Aura Mastery is too important a raid cooldown to not take, and 2/2 Divine Purpose and 2/2 Guardian's Favor is nice, but sadly also totally useless in any encounter of ICC.
    I wouldn't say Guardian's Favor is totally useless in ICC.
    In fact I swap to my 5/7/59 spec for hardmode Saurfang so that I can HoP twice on the fight. Once on the first round of Boiling Blood (to hinder a bit of Blood Power gain and delay the first mark) and again after 35% on a marked caster/healer to help out the healing.

There are probably better guilds that don't do the encounter this way, but I'm just making a case for Guardian's Favor.

Hey all, i'm looking for some advise on my ret gear. As of now its an off-spec to my Holy spec so i haven't really been pushing to get gear for it, but now i don't need frost badges so i'm getting ret gear with those. Sig is my armory.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Since I am posting I feel the need to respond to the most recent one even though my pally has only been 80 for a week.

It looks like you are WAY over hit cap. Hard with the current itemization but it does leave room to move some stuff around.
    Agi is better than haste on Cape DPS wise.
    Ditch the purple gem in the BP and go for another Str one since you are already missing the socket bonus. (Y,Y,B? WTF is that crap?)
    Look for the Crusaders Dragonscale Bracers. They are mail but they are a definite up over the Nax ones you have. They are pretty cheap too.

This is all picky stuff, in general from what my Nub paladin self has read you are on the right track.

Here is me...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Belmaliel

I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the right track. A new helm is the next badge purchase and then I think I am ready to start hitting ICC10.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldredd
    Since I am posting I feel the need to respond to the most recent one even though my pally has only been 80 for a week.

It looks like you are WAY over hit cap. Hard with the current itemization but it does leave room to move some stuff around.
    Agi is better than haste on Cape DPS wise.
    Ditch the purple gem in the BP and go for another Str one since you are already missing the socket bonus. (Y,Y,B? WTF is that crap?)
    Look for the Crusaders Dragonscale Bracers. They are mail but they are a definite up over the Nax ones you have. They are pretty cheap too.

This is all picky stuff, in general from what my Nub paladin self has read you are on the right track.

Here is me...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Belmaliel

I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the right track. A new helm is the next badge purchase and then I think I am ready to start hitting ICC10.
    You deserve a lot of respect for the effort/gold that you have put into the gear you have. The average player would use half-ass enchants and gems in the interim gear that you are wearing.

I have a couple of suggestions for you, but you can disregard them if you wish because the gains are relatively minimal.
    -Using your NMT in your boots. You are currently ~14 hit rating over the cap, but you used your NMT to make a socket bonus of 6 hit rating. That gem should probably be moved to your chest or bracers. If you choose to leave your NMT in that socket, you can replace your Icewalker enchant with 32AP.
    -2T9 and you disregarded the socket bonus of your weapon. Min/max'ing to the utmost would have had you place an Inscribed Ametrine in that socket.
    -Both of your trinkets are pretty bad. I understand that they can be difficult to get and you are probably working on the total package, but DMC: Greatness is vastly superior to both of your current trinkets. I would almost be willing to bet that Rawr would calculate the DPS gains of Greatness to be equal to or greater than both of your current trinkets combined. It's that good.

I'd rather not give you a number rating because I don't want to disrespect the effort that you have put into that toon thus far. Your gear is coming along, your spec is right, your glyphs are dead-on, your enchants are correct, and your gems are nearly perfect. Keep up the good work.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

pve nerds
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Luminant

Quote Originally Posted by Luminant
    pve nerds
    constructive post. BTW DS spec is dead for pve. you should change that.

finish that JC!
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gion&cn=aureya

3 Points before i get lol'd into the ground;
    1) Choose to put the Str/Stam gem into my weapon since i like to go to arena's, and it keeps my health more in line with my Relentless weapon so when i do a crafty weapon swap mid fight when i get focused in 5v5 its less noticeable.
    2) Since i have a second blue gem i opted for the Crit meta instead. Aware this should really by agi/Inc crit for PvE.
    3) I still find the DiSac Talent point useful and use it within the tank (Festergut in the event the tank misses a stack/etc) and healer (BQL since healers have the tendancy to forget themselves) groups. However i would consider swapping into Vindication and Divine Purpose.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont see much except the Yellow socket in your cloak with 20str instead of 10 str 10 crit

And I like Am with Shadow aura more then Dsac saves us on Bq air phase every time ^^

Edit: I Forgot
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nnash&n=Suliso
    har I am in my ret hero tanking gear ^^

I'm guilty of being a blatant disregarder for 4str bonuses : (

I want a few opinions on my gear to see if im doing something wrong or am i on the right track.

also why are you wearing Prot gear with ret gear?

Edit : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...9;jin&cn=Maxyo