Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The "Fix My DPS" Thread (Read first post before posting)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriozal
    ok done with gems. Should i use firestone or spellstone?
    Destro/Demo uses Firestone.

Aff uses Spellstone.

This space for rent.

ye but i'm asking becouse of my lack of haste. ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriozal
    ye but i'm asking becouse of my lack of haste. ;>
    That information is not relative.

Firestone
    Use: While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by direct spells by 1% and spell critical strike rating by 49. Lasts for 1 hour.

Spellstone
    Use: While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by periodic spells by 1% and spell haste rating by 60. Lasts for 1 hour.

Look at the stat weights. SP is a higher stat weight than haste or crit. Very little of your damage is periodic. Since haste almost equals crit chance in weight, you can refine the math like this:

Spellstone haste: 60
    Firestone crit: 49

Removing CoD separately for this, but building its % damage into immolate's dot portion for ease of napkin math
    Spellstone increased damage: Immolate ticks (main dot) ~9% of your damage [this is highballing it even] (application does not count as dot as it is direct damage).
    3000x.09x.01=2.7 SP
    Firestone increased damage: Everything else ~91% of your damage [lowballing this amount]
    3000x.91x.01=27.3 SP

Totals:

Spellstone: (60x1.01)+(2.7x1.43)=64.461 total
    Firestone: (49x0.97)+(27.3x1.43)=86.569 total

Firestone for destro, spellstone for affliction.

This is not even factoring in that the firestone SP granted is actually increased since we do double damage on crits, making it actually higher than 86.569. Without dredging into more math to prove this though, you can already see it is higher.
    This space for rent.

uh, ok. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Can you provide a link to the other locks WWS and armory? I'll be more than happy to look into this - or is it a lock included in your WWS.
    Yeah, I was talking about Valockie who's included in that log I linked to. I tend to check these logs to see where I can improve. Unfortunately the most recent ones haven't been put up yet.

Onyx.

Open each of these in separate tabs/windows.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/C...7/?s=738&e=874

Go to buffs cast tab
    Click the # sign to the far right of immolate (in debuffs column)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/C...2/?s=738&e=874

Go to buffs cast tab
    Click the # sign to the far right of immolate (in debuffs column)

I'm trying to figure out your full answer, but that shows immolate debuff uptime. So it counts the 3s after application (which application is direct damage) towards the 3s each time as its uptime for certain [as it should, because even if it doesn't tick the debuff is on the mob - which the debuff increases your damage via Fire and Brimstone). I'll have to look more into this as to determine their exact % calculation (though it probably parses the second the debuff is gained on the mob, regardless of ticks). Ticks do not equal debuff time or uptime, which I think where you were deriving your question from, especially since not all of this spells damage is direct or dot.

One thing you will see is that they had the immolate debuff up more of the fight for sure, meaning they were getting more damage on their incen, CB, etc for the fight, where you did not get that buff for almost half [the back half] of the fight.

They may have been clipping (and likely were due to the number of casts of immolate) their immolate. This would not be good behavior for you to emulate. Once you get the timing of reapplication after the last tick so there is minimal or only milliseconds of time without the mob having the debuff [as we previously discussed], you will see your damage increase dramatically without casting immolate much more than you are now, and in turn, overtake the other lock.
    This space for rent.

Hi, just a bit of a start off , im playing my warlock somewhat on and off at the moment, my main is a Dk i'm just switching to my lock whenever needed by the guild for whatever reason (replenishment, ranged dps if we are melee heavy or a mutlitude of other things).

Basically i haven't actually focused on my lock since naxx, i feel my dps is a little low for what the guild is focusing on at the current time, since we are pushing for hard modes and Totgc. i managed about 4.1k dps peak, which as i said previously is a little low, im 0/13/58 spec

In a raid situation i wouldn't be using coe since we have an unholy dk and a boomkin in every raid.

I want to push my character to it's limit and get the best possible dps out of her.

Here is my armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gn=Hearthstone

With regards to addons and so forth i use forte and nugrunning for dot uptime.

Any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok
    ]
    Hi, just a bit of a start off , im playing my warlock somewhat on and off at the moment, my main is a Dk i'm just switching to my lock whenever needed by the guild for whatever reason (replenishment, ranged dps if we are melee heavy or a mutlitude of other things).

Here is my armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gn=Hearthstone
    Please provide a WWS/WoL.

At first glance, you are 1% under hit cap, and your haste is out of balance with your crit.

A WWS/WoL from an actual encounter [namely Flame Watcher or Ignis] will show much more than a recount screen-shot off of a target dummy.
    This space for rent.

They may have been clipping (and likely were due to the number of casts of immolate) their immolate. This would not be good behavior for you to emulate. Once you get the timing of reapplication after the last tick so there is minimal or only milliseconds of time without the mob having the debuff [as we previously discussed], you will see your damage increase dramatically without casting immolate much more than you are now, and in turn, overtake the other lock.
    I'll be trying that ofc. Actually, was trying so hard on Jaraxxus last week I stood in flames without noticing *doh*. Btw... tried the macro and slightly improved it so you don't get all the voice messages:

Code:
    #showtooltip Incinerate
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use Living Flame
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Incinerate
    Cya,

Onyx.

I got some new gear. In particular the Merlin's Robe (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47604. Because of that I lost a ship-load of hit. Like 91 hit. I believe that if I change all the blue sockets from Runed Cardinal Rubies to Shining Eye of Zul and all Yellow sockets to Rigid King's Amber and switch back to my 0/13/58 spec everything will be about right. (I logged in with 3/13/55 spec with a bad glyph before I got the Robe. I got the Robe this morning and haven't completely gemmed it.)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Isles&n=Farloc
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...es&name=Farloc

Any pointers for me? I'm assuming a Moonkin in raid, but being Horde, no space goat.

15+ Year Old Account

That information is not relative.

Firestone
    Use: While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by direct spells by 1% and spell critical strike rating by 49. Lasts for 1 hour.

Spellstone
    Use: While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by periodic spells by 1% and spell haste rating by 60. Lasts for 1 hour.

Look at the stat weights. SP is a higher stat weight than haste or crit. Very little of your damage is periodic. Since haste almost equals crit chance in weight, you can refine the math like this:

Spellstone haste: 60
    Firestone crit: 49

Removing CoD separately for this, but building its % damage into immolate's dot portion for ease of napkin math
    Spellstone increased damage: Immolate ticks (main dot) ~9% of your damage [this is highballing it even] (application does not count as dot as it is direct damage).
    3000x.09x.01=2.7 SP
    Firestone increased damage: Everything else ~91% of your damage [lowballing this amount]
    3000x.91x.01=27.3 SP

Totals:

Spellstone: (60x1.01)+(2.7x1.43)=64.461 total
    Firestone: (49x0.97)+(27.3x1.43)=86.569 total

Firestone for destro, spellstone for affliction.

This is not even factoring in that the firestone SP granted is actually increased since we do double damage on crits, making it actually higher than 86.569. Without dredging into more math to prove this though, you can already see it is higher.
    You can't do SP like this. You have to calculate them as actual dps. So assuming you do 3000 dps as per above...

Spellstone: 3000x.09x.01=2.7 DPS
    Firestone: 3000x.91x.01=27.3 DPS

Spellstone Low Haste Scaling Factor ~1.5 = 60 x 1.5 + 2.7 = 92.7 DPS
    Spellstone Average Haste Scaling Factor ~1.3 = 60 x 1.3 + 2.7 = 80.7

Firestone Average Crit Scaling Factor ~1.0 = 49 x 1.0 + 27.3 = 76.3

The difference is so marginal that unless you have absurdly low haste it doesn't make a difference at all.

R.I.P. YARG

Just switched over to destro, and I'm doing "decent" dps. Just not decent for my gear, in my opinion. I know I'm probably "doing it wrong" so.. any help or advice would be nice!

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...hM/details/34/
    Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&n=Syrullian

Base stats:
    SP: 2204
    Crit: 29.65%
    Hit: 15.67%
    Haste: 235 ( 7.17% )

Screenshot from Northrend Beast 25 man TOC

also

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/C8bkEbhRnBSs16pB/

from target dummy self buffed only

my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ong&n=Dopesick

15+ Year Old Account

@Khreasilya - You are bang on for dps, because your raid composition sucks balls. Full caster buffs equals 60% more damage for you. You only have Elements.

Example - Jaraxxus kill. You did 3700 dps. 3700 / 1.13 = 3274 dps unbuffed x 1.6 = 5238 dps, which is pretty good for your gear level.

------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dopesick

23 Immolates x 5 ticks per = 115 Ticks, you had 96. Some of this, if not all, is from clipping. The rest is from the boss dying with Immolate up. Use the addon "TimeToDie" to track how long the boss will remain alive with current dps, and if that number is under 10 seconds stop casting Immolate (and Conflag by proxy)

The fights also lasted at least 4 minutes, or 240 seconds, based on Curse of Doom hits. Yet you only had 22 (220s worth) of Conflag hits. This looks close at first glance, but I don't know how much longer this fight took between curse of dooms. Thus there is a lot of room for improvement. Incinerate should make up 50-55% of your damage at your haste level, you have it at 60%, which means you can work in more Conflags and more Chaos Bolts.

Also, as per your Fubar, 27 FPS while the boss is dead is quite low. Is it under 15 while fighting? If so, its hurting you a bit and you should reduce video settings, starting with Multisampling (24x 24x 1x recommended) and Shadows (lowest setting)

R.I.P. YARG

they're both already at those settings my fps use to be alot better in bc and before vista I'm waiting for windows 7 then getting a new setup with ssd drive for my os & game, win 7, and a new video card just have'nt decided on wich one to go with yet

15+ Year Old Account

The only thing that matters is video card.

I use a 9600GT. Its cheap, it gets the job done.

R.I.P. YARG

I have been here before and the help i recieved was great...how I am back with some new pieces..I just got nemesis skullcap and skyreaver vestments today and I was wondering If I should replace my 2 pieces of t8.5 for them. I know that the 2 set bonus is good but the stats that I get from nemesis skullcap and skyreaver vestments are really good. I know I have a lot of hit but in my 10 man Totgc group we dont have imp ff or misery. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orgath&n=Haizy

i should be doing alot more dps in my gear. Im not sure what is going on. I am hit cap btw, disregard that im under hit cap, i just log with the wrong ring on. I usually have shimmering seal and firestorm band

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/KA3dp...lls&boss=34780

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...retree&n=Sepph

Hey Guys,
    Really glad I found a topic regarding this. I recently started playing my warlock again and have aquired some decent gear with which I am very pleased. However I highly doubt my DPS is what it should be (3500dps). I have a guildee who I have compared my gear/stats with and he seems to pull off around 7k DPS in relatively the same gear, a bit better.

I'm stumped. Here are my stats (feel free to look up on WOW-HEROES)

Character: Satun
    Server: Deathwing
    Faction: Horde
    Crit: 28.07%
    Hit: 374
    Haste: 281 (however boosts up to around 340 with self buff from spellstone)
    Spell Power: 2205 (2600 with self buffed, Fel Armor)

My spec is the destruction spec (0/13/58) and I follow this rotation:

Life Tap>Corruption>CoE>Immolate>Conflagrate>Chaso Bolt>Incinerate (spam)

I have had a few people tell me that I need to get hit capped first however I dont see how that can be such a factor in my dps as I seem to be hitting the target?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!