Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello I have come here to ask for some help on our sweet warlock's dps.
    Unfortiunatly I don't have logs for this evening's raid, so I'll provide you with some logs from last week.
    As for this evening on Hagara she was doing 13k dps which was 7k below the next dps.
    On warmaster blackhorn around 8k sometimes 7k, even tough she was very active.
    That's all I have for this evening

As for logs: This is last week's raid:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...l09/details/7/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d8lmnhxepfqlrq1c/

Our lock's name is Kahlann-Aggramar.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kahlann/simple

I hope there is someone here who can help her to up the dps a bit
    O she raids with destruction spec

Thank you
    Last edited by mmocaab67b15a7; 2012-03-01 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 09:27 PM ----------

Those URL links are fine. Next time you check back, post your armory as well. Hopefully by then I'll have a response ready to edit based on your armory, then copy/paste for you to read.
    Oh, sorry, forgot about armory!

Here is the armory for our Warlock: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Senix/simple

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    Hello
    As for logs: This is last week's raid:
    Log 1
    Log 2

Our lock's name is Kahlann-Aggramar.
    Armory

O she raids with destruction spec

Thank you
    Armory, always first. She needs to retalent. The current best talent setup for desto is 3/7/31. There actually was just a discussion on mana feed and destro locks, and you still need it. She needs to drop jinx and doom and gloom for two point in either fel synergy or demonic embrace, and then two points in mana feed.

The haste cap for destro (the point where other stats are more beneficial for us) is 2681, which she is over about 150 points. At this point in her gear, she should no longer need hit enchants, so she needs to replace her boot enchant with lavawalker (master + run speed). I suggest using wowreforge.com to get exactly where she needs. Also, if you guys still run any FL, I believe VPL is better still than Bottled Wishes, and the heroic domo neck is bis over the VP one. Also, get her the spine gloves. (whenever you get to heroics, if the heroic morchok ones drop, do not let her think it's better than tier. Normal Tier shoulders + spine gloves > heroic mor shoulders + tier gloves). Also, Try to replace that Ti'tahk staff.. it's garbage. Quoting from my friendly gakpad on why it's bad...
    A) The proc may *average* to however much haste, but the fact that you get *zero* stats from it means that 100% of the usefulness of the proc relies on it proccing when you can take full advantage of it. And when it isn't procced, it's like you're using a weapon with no stats on it. That sucks.

B) The "raid dps gain" is practically negligible - it can go to tanks, healers, and crappy dps, or dps that won't make much use out of the haste.

C) All that aside, even in sims that assume the proc can be used 100% of the time, it is still nearly 800 dps below Lightning Rod of the equivalent difficulty (normal LR vs normal Ti'tahk, heroic LR vs. heroic Ti'tahk). I don't know the exact reason why that is the case, but it is. It's not a good weapon, period. If you want to stick it on someone to get the chance at the minimal haste rating, give it to a healer for fights like Ultraxion or something.
    So go find LFR lightning rod, or normal lightning rod, or LFR Madness dagger + the OH trash drop, maybe even the 378 OH.

ANYWAYS. That's a lot more than I usually spend on armory. Log time! And I'm going to look at the Ultrax kill long on 23-02, since if it's going wrong there, it's going wrong everywhere else.

Lots of things here. First off, her opener is wrong. The optimal destro opener is something like: pre-pot > Pre-cast incinerate > combat > Soulburn:Soulfire > CoE (if needed) > Immolate > BoD > Conflagrate > Corruption > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Incinerate x3 (under backdraft. 3 stacks). From here, it's based on priority. Conflagrate > Incinerate (under backdraft) > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate (no backdraft).

Dot wise, she needs to work on her dot uptime on all dots. Immolation uptime is 85%, corruption 82%, and BoD 67%, all should be 95% minimum. They all should be refreshed right before the last tick. Except for BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. When in doubt, don't clip. Speaking of BoD, she tried the whole, oh the boss will die before a full BoD, so I'll switch to the one single BoA use...that didn't work out so well, since she casted BoA 3 times before it died. If you don't know for perfectly sure, just stick with BoD. When BoD falls of, it needs to be recasted immediately.

Her ISF buff uptime (improved soul fire) was pretty low, 75%, that too should be up 95%+. There are several ways to help with this. 1) Have some sort of tracking on it, when it reaches 2-3s left, that's when you need to start recasting a hardcast soulfire. 2) If you just hardcasted a new soul fire and the imp procs a new instant soul fire, don't use it immediately, wait a couple seconds. Extends the amount of time before having to re-hard cast one, which gives the chance for a new imp proc. 3) She needs to actually use her 4pc. The 4pc for destro is like a gift from the WoW gods in terms of keeping this buff up. She needs to be using Soulburn on CD, and casting an instant soul fire to not only refresh ISF, but 4pc also gives back that soul shard if it was used for an instant soulfire, AND it gives 10% increased SP for 10s. Oh, and because soulburn doesn't have to be used for 15s once activated, that's 15s of a free soulfire you can hold off on casting to refresh your ISF buff when you want to.

tl;dr/wrap up: recheck gear reforging/chanting, drop the staff for something else (LFR version or better), work on dot uptimes, work on ISF uptimes, use soulburn:soulfire on CD. Oh, and she needs to shadowflame on CD when in melee range. Meaning on CD on ultrax.

Side note, in case she didn't realize. DS:Imp only effects crit chance of CAST TIME spells, so not dots. The only dot thing it affects is the initial hit on immolate. So, imo, it's best to cast it after dots are up at the start, gets a couple extra buffed incinerates and chaos bolts out.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eirik226 View Post
    Oh, sorry, forgot about armory!

Here is the armory for our Warlock: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Senix/simple

Thanks
    Erm... This is interesting. He looks focused on affliction, but the log I looked at was demo :x I'm guessing the major affliction is for your HM Gunship progression. So I can give a quick comment on that fight. First off, needs to work on his multi dotting. Needs to get those dots up and running faster, on more targets. Secondly, haunt on CD. I hear most afflic locks on this fight use a macro to focus the melee add you want to kill first, and haunt that target only, and your pet on passive, but the macro set to tell it to attack that add only. He'll bug out and not hit the drakes iirc.

If you stand on the side part the gunship right here:
    you can get initial dots and dmg on goriona. Then if you run to up the stairs and to the top of the ship, you can get dots on your first assault drake. And to make the fight 100000000000 times easier, IF you can kill both drakes when they get pulled in and before they fly off each time, you do not need to soak a single barrage. Only onslaughts. This worked in 5% nerf, definitely works in 10% nerf. (We got our first kill in 5 attempts on 5% nerf. Another, guild trying to beat us has logged over 250 wipes because they did not know this and had people dying to onslaught with stacks. They finally got it by having one tank solo tank melee adds, and bear tank soak barrages, with a ranged/healer pair soaking too at the 10% nerf. I live with their GMs, I then told them they didn't have to do that after their kill, and their reaction was like in the movies, you know the ones where you tell someone a family member had died and they get all, no no, that can't be, utter disbelief? Yea, that was their faces and comments. Still relishing in it. It has been a pretty shitty enviroment. They're like the little brother who keeps trying to be better, and get all shit in your face if they do once, even if it took them 100 wipes and you did it in 10, yet they get more points because they did it earlier since they raid 5 hours before you. Yet you don't brag and throw shit in their face because it's just a game. Off topic...)

ANYWAYSSSSSS. Armory. What. The hell. Is he doing. With a spirit ring. DROP IT. Now. For affliction, you want haste to boots, not mastery. Or the mastery/run speed chant. So jelly on his HCoC.

Now for what I had prepared for that ultrax kill.
    First off, looks like he is in the incinerate spec. Chances are, although I can't see his armory atm, he's not suited for it gear wise yet.

The incin spec was designed out of BiS gear for a single target, patchwork style fight for ~400 dps increase, with a chance for more. This being said, it is VERY gear and fight specific. It is only really valid on Ultrax, Zon Normal, Zon HM IF your assignment is to sit on the boss/claw and no other adds, Hagara IF you stack in the middle for ice phase and sit on her in melee and get lucky procs, Yor (normal/HM) IF you're assigned to sit on Yor and not oozes,etc. Also, because it's gear specific, you should be simming it first to see if it's an increase at all at your gear setup, usually trinkets make or break it.

(I copied/pasted that, my usual rant. So mentally replace the 'you' with 'him') tl;dr, send him to the SB spec.

As for logs, I went straight to your HM Ultrax Kill on most recent log. If he's messing up there, he's messing up everywhere else.

First first. His opening rotation is wrong. For demo, you start out by popping meta/DS then dotting, he dots then pops. This makes his dots super weak compared to what they could be. (on a general note, he's taking a lil longer than he should to get going once this boss is attackable).

The optimal opener is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

Yes, long, complicated, mess up something like the soul burn summon felhunter and you're screwed, but that's what agree to when you play demo.

Next thing. The doom guard. His only pulled ~600k, you can get an easy 800k minimum out of it as demo if used at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. It is at this point you also pop immolation aura, not off the bat with meta. It is best to pop immolation aura while something is procced during meta, ICD trackers are great to know when to do this and when to go ahead and pop it since nothing will proc. But if he doesn't use one..then the rest can be popped right when meta is I guess.
    And yes, I did just add to the opening rotation.

It looks like he has 4pc, which means he should be using soulburn:soul fire on CD (except for that initial soulburn used for the pet swap), and he did not do this. It looks like he also resummoned his felguard for his second meta, wrong. With 4pc, we no longer pet twist after the initial swap to the felhunter. You stick with the felhunter throughout the rest of the fight.

Also looks like he was saving both his meta and DS cool downs for each other, bad. Without MWC, we cast meta on CD. And use DS:felhunter whenever it comes up. You NEVER (by never I mean 99% of the time, where the 1% is very very specific) hold off meta, especially on a fight like this.

Now that we've gone through cooldowns, openingness, and set bonuses. Lets look at dots. Again, pop before dotting. That first BoD he put up before meta is like T_T compared to what it could have been. His immolation fell off, something that, by design of the incinerate spec, is never supposed to happen. Needs to make sure he's casting HoG on CD (although, might have just gotten unlucky on fading light with hour of twilight next).

Corruption uptime needs to be improved. Falls off randomly and for several seconds (way too long). His BoD uptime needs improvement too. He's not clipping, which is good. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip.

He does appear to be shadowflaming on CD, which is great.

One of the biggest bad things about letting dots fall off, is the felhunter. More dots = more dmg for him to deal when he goes chomp chomp with shadow bite. (you see crit bites for like 100k+), this includes the shadowflame dot
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-02 at 12:25 AM.

Hello gracfuldeath

I really happy that you helped our warlock. His dps improved but I think he can do extra dps like 10-20%.

Would you mind to check his dps on WOL again? Any suggestion will help him

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses
    Last edited by desaulniers; 2012-03-02 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty crappy when it comes to remembering to start my logs/upload them, but I remembered today and started them before we engaged madness.

at the end of the fight recount had me at 55,715 dps. but when I uploaded I was only at 45,377. Scanning through the logs and manipulating various things I found that my pet was not counted as my dps.

Why is this? It has never happened before.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...rce/?s=6&e=747

Wall of text! And i enjoyed everything about it. You sir, got a large portion of my respect, thanks for your time reading and writing everything to help our Warlock. I will bring it to him.

Again, thanks! I really appreciate it

Hello

Recently i have been trying to figure out why my dps is so low but the only reason i have come up with is that my weapon is horrible (which is a longshot).
    Up until 4.3 i was always doing well on dps and lately it seems as if i am underperforming compared to other locks (and myself before 4.3).
    I mostly play destro but i'm going to try affli in the coming weeks.
    So if anyone can help me figure out why my dps is so low at the moment that would be greatly appreciated

Here is my armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Fry/advanced

And here is my guilds WoL:
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/34306/

Hi again guys, we downed yor'sahj last night but my DPS was pretty terrible for an aoe fight. How best do I handle this fight DPS-wise? I'm not accustomed to being beat like this by my fellow raiders :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10081&e=10679

Note, I popped doomguard at the start and an infernal near the end, but the RNG of when black phases were coming just killed me at certain points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    Hi again guys, we downed yor'sahj last night but my DPS was pretty terrible for an aoe fight. How best do I handle this fight DPS-wise? I'm not accustomed to being beat like this by my fellow raiders :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10081&e=10679

Note, I popped doomguard at the start and an infernal near the end, but the RNG of when black phases were coming just killed me at certain points
    It looks like they had you switching to the oozes. As far as I have read that makes it hard on Demo. But regardless you downed it, and the main reason you are demo for that fight is the forgotten one adds. So as long as you had no issues with those little guys, I'd say you are fine.

Edit: just checked your damage done to the forgotten ones. you were 23.4% of the damage done to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desaulniers View Post
    Hello gracfuldeath

I really happy that you helped our warlock. His dps improved but I think he can do extra dps like 10-20%.

Would you mind to check his dps on WOL again? Any suggestion will help him

Logs
    Gr. You would send me Madness. But, I shall do my best.
    Let's see, he went afflic, so lets check his dots. Awesome UA uptime and double dotting. .....pretty bad corruption uptime, and no corruption double dotting. Corruption itself should never fall off since Haunt refreshes it. Reason it falls off for him so much is that he's not casting Haunt on CD! Which also leads to a bad uptime on the Haunt debuff, which means his dots don't get 20+% increased dot dmg. :x He should be Haunting the main target you're trying to kill that's not a bolt or blistering tentacle (the corruption when it's out, then the arm/wing, or deathwing's head), in case he questioned which one to haunt. He also isn't shadowflaming enough. You're in constant melee range of the arm/wing, and you can find wiggle room to get in on the corruptions too to shadowflame on CD. The only time I hold off on shadowflame is when I see it won't be up for when the bloods spawn (by looking at timers and knowing it's CD), because shadowflaming those procs spellweave The last platform he hit about all the bloods with shadowflame, next to last most of them, but then only one or two on the first two

His BoD uptime itself was good, just needs to make sure he's putting it back up faster. Generally, I put it on the arm/wing (which is what he did), but I also focus said arm/wing to see the BoD debuff to know when it falls off to put it right back up asap.

It looks like he was trying to use BoA on blistering tentacles, which you shouldn't. BoA does its most dmg at the end, and you don't want those buggers to live near that long, so just a UA/Corruption then SB spam whichever tendon it looks like people aren't at yet.

The lines are so skinny with such a long fight, so it makes it kinda hard to tell specifically, but he needs to work on drain souling <25% target health. He Drain soul'ed only two corruptions, and all with very very small bars for the rest. I mean, it's 10% nerf and stuff does die fast, but it doesn't usually die THAT fast. Speaking of Sub 25%, log shows that all he did was drain soul....without dots. :x And it wasn't like a constant drain soul anyways. Once the boss is <25%, Drain Soul refreshes UA. So the only thing that has to be done is recasting haunt (right after a DS tick, not right before a tick) as close to on CD as possible, and recast BoD once a minute. Pretty laid back stuff.

Also needs to make sure he's soulburning on CD, he could have gotten 6 more uses of it for the sp buff. As for his 2min CDs, looks like he's doing it right, they come off as the platform ends and he saves them for the start of the next one. Good. But he didn't do that on Deathwings platform, and popped them when he started having no dots rolling and only Drain souling :x

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I am pretty crappy when it comes to remembering to start my logs/upload them, but I remembered today and started them before we engaged madness.

at the end of the fight recount had me at 55,715 dps. but when I uploaded I was only at 45,377. Scanning through the logs and manipulating various things I found that my pet was not counted as my dps.

Why is this? It has never happened before.

Log
    .....no freaking clue. You're pet did 8.5k and it's separate. 8.5k + 45.3k = 53.8k. I can tell you why it's not the 55k on recount, which is because logs like to look more at the dps(e) (DPS being Damage Done / Total Fight Duration, DPS(e) being the Damage Done / Active Time).

As for why the hell it split you and your pet, but not the hunter and it's pet. Beats me :[ Very sorry. If it helps (which probably won't since it's only like 20dps), it didn't combine your hunter's snake traps with his...

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eirik226 View Post
    Wall of text! And i enjoyed everything about it. You sir, got a large portion of my respect, thanks for your time reading and writing everything to help our Warlock. I will bring it to him.

Again, thanks! I really appreciate it
    Thank you very much :] Always feel free to come back if you think more improvement needs to be made (technically, there's always improvement, but hopefully you know what I mean xD)

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Studienb View Post
    Hello

Recently i have been trying to figure out why my dps is so low but the only reason i have come up with is that my weapon is horrible (which is a longshot).
    Up until 4.3 i was always doing well on dps and lately it seems as if i am underperforming compared to other locks (and myself before 4.3).
    I mostly play destro but i'm going to try affli in the coming weeks.
    So if anyone can help me figure out why my dps is so low at the moment that would be greatly appreciated

Here is my armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Fry/advanced

And here is my guilds WoL:
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/34306/
    Yes. You weapon is horrible. Seriously. Ti'tahk sounds cool, reads cool, but is such a terrible weapon. In all seriousness.

From a post a while ago...
    A) The proc may *average* to however much haste, but the fact that you get *zero* stats from it means that 100% of the usefulness of the proc relies on it proccing when you can take full advantage of it. And when it isn't procced, it's like you're using a weapon with no stats on it. That sucks.

B) The "raid dps gain" is practically negligible - it can go to tanks, healers, and crappy dps, or dps that won't make much use out of the haste.

C) All that aside, even in sims that assume the proc can be used 100% of the time, it is still nearly 800 dps below Lightning Rod of the equivalent difficulty (normal LR vs normal Ti'tahk, heroic LR vs. heroic Ti'tahk). I don't know the exact reason why that is the case, but it is. It's not a good weapon, period. If you want to stick it on someone to get the chance at the minimal haste rating, give it to a healer for fights like Ultraxion or something.
    An even funnier comment I saw...Comparing Nibelung to other ICC weapons and Ti'tahk to current ones, Nibelung was soooo much better. And Nibelung sucked.

But lets get into the good stuff, other gear and logs. I will focus gear talks on destro, your current spec. If you have from VPL from rag, try it out. Last I saw, it was better than Bottled Wishes. Also, if you still run Heroic FL, the heroic domo neck is BiS over the VP one. The haste cap for destro (by haste cap I mean the point that haste is less valued over mastery/crit, which one it is depends on the rest of your gear and should be simmed), is 2681. You are about 50 points over that, so some reforging could help that. Try out wowreforge.com. (future gear note, the normal tier shoulders/spine gloves combo is better than heroic morchok/tier gloves combo. So don't go oooo heroic shiny all over it if it drops)

Now for logs. I'm going to go back to your last Heroic Ultrax Kill first since if you're messing up there, you're messing up everywhere else. Your opening is slightly off. The optimal destro opener is something like: pre-pot > Pre-cast incinerate > combat > Soulburn:Soulfire > CoE (if needed) > Immolate > BoD > Conflagrate > Corruption > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Incinerate x3 (under backdraft. 3 stacks). From here, it's based on priority. Conflagrate > Incinerate (under backdraft) > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate (no backdraft).

Now dots. Immolate is 91% uptime, your best one, but still needs to be more like 95%. Work on clipping it right before the last tick so that it is extended. As for corruption, need to make sure you're clipping it before the last tick as well, or even casting it. It'll be on for a while, fall off for a while of equal length, then back on for maybe a lil longer, back off for far too long, etc. Uptime was only 50% :x As for BoD, you're clipping it too much (I'm assuming you're clipping it too much instead of tracking procs to know when to clip it, based on the poor corruption uptime. Most locks who pay attention enough to procs with BoD, also make sure to keep dots up first). BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. When in doubt, don't clip. And put it back up asap.

Your shadowflame on CD use was great. A+ there.

Need lots of improvement to your ISF (Improved Soul Fire) buff uptime, only 64%, and it's one of those "we really want this up 100% of the time" buffs. It appears that you're using your soulburn on CD, which is great and helps keep that buff up. On ultrax, the timing works out that soulburn will be ready after every hour of twilight. So if the buff is about to fall off, but you need to fade out for hour of twilight, it's like "hey, no worries mon, here's a free soulfire and a buff!" Even if you don't get soulburn, or an imp proc, you need to keep it up, which means hardcasting it. Have some sort of tracking on it, when it reaches 2-3s left, that's when you need to start recasting a hardcast soulfire. If you just hardcasted a new soul fire and the imp procs a new instant soul fire, don't use it immediately, wait a couple seconds. Extends the amount of time before having to re-hard cast one, which gives the chance for a new imp proc. Same for your soulburn soulfire, you don't have to soulfire immediately, you can hold it off since the soulburn is activated for like 15s.

You're doomguard damage was pretty low also, only 180k. You can get an easy 300k++ out of it by popping him at the start, at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active.

My last comment is....why did you life tap? As destro, unless there's multi dotting, aoeing, or a mechanic that takes away mana, we don't need to life tap. Ever. So I seriously doubt you actually needed to life tap for a total of 63k+ mana. :x
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-03 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for your replies! and esp the info after my post about destro. I will in every case be more careful about haunt uptime on zonzz and thanks for the info that doomy doesn't get benefit from timewarp/BL. i missed that. i'm usually waiting till trinket pops before casting doomy, just damn phases on hagara are so bloody short....and if lightning phase is first, just a waste 8( but makes totally sense on ice-phase.

i've redone my 2ndary spec to destro, as i keep getting replaced on Ultraxion, as our small guild needs soakers. wow, it's fun! not tried it sense tier 9... it's hardly changed, just been buffed like crazy! Pulled 60k on LFR madness. looks like the trick is just to keep imp soulfire up at all costs. i've got "Tellmewhen" set to help me track the buff, otherwise it's priortizing dots and incinerate and conflag on cd. fun spec.

Did i understand that one should open the rotation with a few incinerates to get the debuff on the boss and for RNG trinkets, spellweave, etc. to pop then go nuts on rotation? I'm using 4-part LFR chest/shoulders, so wondering now if i shouldn't pop soulburn for autocast soulfire as first, then incinerate until CDs pop? Thanks for info when you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckers View Post
    thanks for your replies! and esp the info after my post about destro. I will in every case be more careful about haunt uptime on zonzz and thanks for the info that doomy doesn't get benefit from timewarp/BL. i missed that. i'm usually waiting till trinket pops before casting doomy, just damn phases on hagara are so bloody short....and if lightning phase is first, just a waste 8( but makes totally sense on ice-phase.

i've redone my 2ndary spec to destro, as i keep getting replaced on Ultraxion, as our small guild needs soakers. wow, it's fun! not tried it sense tier 9... it's hardly changed, just been buffed like crazy! Pulled 60k on LFR madness. looks like the trick is just to keep imp soulfire up at all costs. i've got "Tellmewhen" set to help me track the buff, otherwise it's priortizing dots and incinerate and conflag on cd. fun spec.

Did i understand that one should open the rotation with a few incinerates to get the debuff on the boss and for RNG trinkets, spellweave, etc. to pop then go nuts on rotation? I'm using 4-part LFR chest/shoulders, so wondering now if i shouldn't pop soulburn for autocast soulfire as first, then incinerate until CDs pop? Thanks for info when you can.
    And for the record, I do stand corrected on Hagara doomguard. The first phase is actually only 30s, I somehow skipped that note in the guide I looked at for timing of the main phase which is 50s every time, but the first truly is cut short. So before, when the fight would be more like 8min, it was good to pop at the start, since you'd get a second pop out of it. Now with so much nerf, you can't get both. So, if the first phase is Ice, it's fine to start at the start since he'll roll on attacking. If the first phase is lightning , wait till the next main phase and hopefully all your ICDs will reset by the time it starts for everything to proc

Yea...honestly. Destro was way too clunky at the start of cata with such low haste, and while I liked the ISF buff across all three specs at the time, I hated actually having to hardcast it. But now I like it :x Though I kinda go in between all three xD

One incinerate to get the debuff. If you'll look above at some of my walls of texts you'll find a destro opener (just ctrl+F and search conflagrate or some destro only move). The rest proc as they proc, and I believe you mean lightweave (spellweave is a Madness mechanic ;]

You can get trickier on the opener. It is possible (which a nice tank countdown), to actually hardcast a soulfire, prepot, then start hardcasting a incinerate, all before the soulfire actually hits and the tank still pulls first, giving you the buff already and get to hold off on soulburn till whenevs. But imo, it's much easier to do what I've posted earlier, which is a incinerate > pre-pot > soulburn:soulfire. CDS will pop as they pop, not instantly, but within a small amount of time. You don't want to like....not do anything, waiting on one trinket to pop. Because also, the longer you hold off a CD, the more chance you have at ending up losing a use of an addition CD pop.

Yes. You weapon is horrible. Seriously. Ti'tahk sounds cool, reads cool, but is such a terrible weapon. In all seriousness.

From a post a while ago...

An even funnier comment I saw...Comparing Nibelung to other ICC weapons and Ti'tahk to current ones, Nibelung was soooo much better. And Nibelung sucked.

But lets get into the good stuff, other gear and logs. I will focus gear talks on destro, your current spec. If you have from VPL from rag, try it out. Last I saw, it was better than Bottled Wishes. Also, if you still run Heroic FL, the heroic domo neck is BiS over the VP one. The haste cap for destro (by haste cap I mean the point that haste is less valued over mastery/crit, which one it is depends on the rest of your gear and should be simmed), is 2681. You are about 50 points over that, so some reforging could help that. Try out wowreforge.com. (future gear note, the normal tier shoulders/spine gloves combo is better than heroic morchok/tier gloves combo. So don't go oooo heroic shiny all over it if it drops)

Now for logs. I'm going to go back to your last Heroic Ultrax Kill first since if you're messing up there, you're messing up everywhere else. Your opening is slightly off. The optimal destro opener is something like: pre-pot > Pre-cast incinerate > combat > Soulburn:Soulfire > CoE (if needed) > Immolate > BoD > Conflagrate > Corruption > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Incinerate x3 (under backdraft. 3 stacks). From here, it's based on priority. Conflagrate > Incinerate (under backdraft) > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate (no backdraft).

Now dots. Immolate is 91% uptime, your best one, but still needs to be more like 95%. Work on clipping it right before the last tick so that it is extended. As for corruption, need to make sure you're clipping it before the last tick as well, or even casting it. It'll be on for a while, fall off for a while of equal length, then back on for maybe a lil longer, back off for far too long, etc. Uptime was only 50% :x As for BoD, you're clipping it too much (I'm assuming you're clipping it too much instead of tracking procs to know when to clip it, based on the poor corruption uptime. Most locks who pay attention enough to procs with BoD, also make sure to keep dots up first). BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. When in doubt, don't clip. And put it back up asap.

Your shadowflame on CD use was great. A+ there.

Need lots of improvement to your ISF (Improved Soul Fire) buff uptime, only 64%, and it's one of those "we really want this up 100% of the time" buffs. It appears that you're using your soulburn on CD, which is great and helps keep that buff up. On ultrax, the timing works out that soulburn will be ready after every hour of twilight. So if the buff is about to fall off, but you need to fade out for hour of twilight, it's like "hey, no worries mon, here's a free soulfire and a buff!" Even if you don't get soulburn, or an imp proc, you need to keep it up, which means hardcasting it. Have some sort of tracking on it, when it reaches 2-3s left, that's when you need to start recasting a hardcast soulfire. If you just hardcasted a new soul fire and the imp procs a new instant soul fire, don't use it immediately, wait a couple seconds. Extends the amount of time before having to re-hard cast one, which gives the chance for a new imp proc. Same for your soulburn soulfire, you don't have to soulfire immediately, you can hold it off since the soulburn is activated for like 15s.

You're doomguard damage was pretty low also, only 180k. You can get an easy 300k++ out of it by popping him at the start, at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active.

My last comment is....why did you life tap? As destro, unless there's multi dotting, aoeing, or a mechanic that takes away mana, we don't need to life tap. Ever. So I seriously doubt you actually needed to life tap for a total of 63k+ mana. :x
    Awesome reply, thanks!

As for the weapon, the only reason i have it because it was better than what i had at the time and i'm first in line for HC LR.

My guild stopped raiding FL hc completely when our mage got the staff and i'm trying to sneak my way in with some other guilds but that's not going very well.
    I have one question about the opening rotation, i noticed you left out Demon Soul and i was wondering where that comes in, before pull or after?
    Also, i'm only using Bottled Wishes to get the extra hit, i have normal WoU in my bags though.

Anyway, thanks a lot for this, i'll get working on this asap!

Hello ) I feel that my dps is a bit too low for my gear, but i got literly no clue why, i know that i am slacking a bit on a few gems and enchants, but even considering that i feel i should do quite a bit more dps.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...yze/dd/source/ sadly only for MoD since the parse for the other bosses got lost somehow o.O.

Also, if you dont mind, i would be very glad if you could check the dk Zenchoshi aswell. (even though its the wrong forum for that)

Armory for me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irmosta/simple
    Armory for the DK: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nchoshi/simple
    Last edited by dracco4heads; 2012-03-03 at 07:00 PM.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Alrighty so I have tried everything that I know of and I cant seem to find out why my DPS is so dang low. People in around the same gear I have are doing roughly 4 to 5k more than me and its frustrating to feel like im not pulling my weight.

WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/173735/

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Destrudo/simple

If you need anything else please let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Hello ) I feel that my dps is a bit too low for my gear, but i got literly no clue why, i know that i am slacking a bit on a few gems and enchants, but even considering that i feel i should do quite a bit more dps.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...yze/dd/source/ sadly only for MoD since the parse for the other bosses got lost somehow o.O.

Also, if you dont mind, i would be very glad if you could check the dk Zenchoshi aswell. (even though its the wrong forum for that)

Armory for me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irmosta/simple
    Armory for the DK: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nchoshi/simple
    Full gems/enchants does a lot more than one thinks. Also, 50 int to bracers, not haste.

Log wise, Madness is a lil complicated to look at, but I'll do what I can

Need to make sure you're haunting on CD, I think you are for the most part, but it's a lil hard to tell on this fight sometimes. Biggest thing I see right now is switching to Drain Soul faster. You do nothing but Haunt (relatively) on CD, by relatively I mean after DS ticks, not right before a DS tick. And this is the second time I've seen this, which kinda makes me think it's more of a log glitch, but just to be sure I'll say it anyways. Even <25% hp, we still roll all the dots. They just all but BoD get auto refreshed. From this log, you're DSing on deathwing's head with no dots :x

Need to shadow flame a LOT more, you can pretty much always be in melee range of everything. You also lost DI after the second platform, make sure to refresh it before every fight, and put it on someone new if that person dies!

Also note the DS:Felhunter does not go into effect until dots are refreshed with that buff up. Meaning, pop DS:Felhunter before dotting. Pop before dot!

EDIT: And I know crap about DKs. I've played/deleted one till lvl 62 like 10 times :x
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-05 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%86cium/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...zzw/details/3/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...4qm/details/5/

Hi all. I've posted my armory link, and two WoL links. Both are LFR version of Ultra, one is affliction and the other is destro, the two specs I play most. I haven't uploaded much to WoL in a while, but after looking I saw that my dot uptimes were around 75 - 80%, and I'm not sure why. I always refresh with <1.5 sec remaining (except for
    BoD) and am always casting something, ABC rule.

As for my gear, I know that tier shoulders + madness gloves are better than heroic Mor shoulders + tier gloves, but I haven't had the tier shoulders drop for me yet. I simcraft my toon whenever there's any stat changes or new gear comes along, and I'm a bit of a min-maxer. I'm just trying to eek out every little ounce of performance that I can. I will admit, I'm not too swooft at reading combat logs, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Hi
    The name of my char is emaf from realm aggra-portugues lv85 demonology spec 0/31/10.
    I belive im having some kind of problem whit my dps, it keeps low and all my mates have better dps
    And my question is its my rotation? my gear? what dps should i have if i was a expert warlock?
    my rotation is curse of elements -> immolatio ->BoD -> Corrupt (dot) ->HoG -> shadow bolt , use HoG to refresh immolate and after HoG use sprrupt to refresh 2, when i can use my doomguard (single target) and use my metamorph -> demon soul -> felstorm(pet) -> immolation aura -> shadow burn -> fellhunter.
    Armory --> eu.battle.net/wow/pt/character/aggra-portugues/Emaf/simple
    World of logs --->***.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0lh6e2v5aq0tykk3/analyze/dd/source/
    hope for a fast anwser
    bb
    emaf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Alrighty so I have tried everything that I know of and I cant seem to find out why my DPS is so dang low. People in around the same gear I have are doing roughly 4 to 5k more than me and its frustrating to feel like im not pulling my weight.

WoL: worldoflogs.com/guilds/173735/

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Destrudo/simple

If you need anything else please let me know.
    Lets see. Going to look at your gear as if you're affliction. Mostly because that's what you're logged out as, and because I'm going to look at your HM Ultrax kill, which you were afflic for.

You want haste to gloves. And that purple gem in that yellow ring socket, no. Don't do that. Either match it with int/haste or go pure int. I'm 99% sure that you can reach hit cap using wowreforge.com without that gem, and without reforging much haste to anything else since as afflic, we try to reforge to haste, not away. Also, get the +20 stats to chest. Sure it's LFR, but you still put the best enchants on.

Logs time. Might have gotten a bit more bang out of your doomguard, which to do this you need to make sure you're popping him at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active.

You aren't using your CDs at all either really. You could have gotten an extra use out of DS:Felhunter if you actually used it on CD, and a bazillion times more soulburn 4pc uses too. You want to pop your soulburn on CD every time, all the time. Lines up very nicely with the hour of twilight casts, usually comes off CD right after each cast.

DS:Felhunter, like all buffs, do not affect dots until they are refreshed while said buffs are active. This includes the 10% sp bonus from the 4pc when you pop soulburn. Meaning...pop before dot! (I like that phase, my new catch phrase now!) So pop that DS:Felhunter before you start dotting. Besides popping CDs, you're opening rotation is great.

Your dot uptimes are amazin, but BoD uptime is too great. You don't want to clip BoD all the time. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with DS:Felhunter, don't clip it when you don't have DS:Felhunter. When in doubt, don't clip.

As for your execute phase, you no longer shadowflame on CD during the execute phase. DS channeling has a higher priority over shadowflame. All you do sub 25% is sit back, channel DS, pop CDs if they come up, and Haunt relatively on CD (by relatively I mean close to on CD as possible, but right after a DS tick, not right before a tick). Oh, and put up BoD once a minute :x

So your main issues on this fight are CD usage, making that execute phase even simpler, and work with your spriest. He/she gave you only 75% uptime on Dark Intent procs (uh oh :x), and it's because all his/her dots only had like 75%ish uptime :x

If you found all this to be only a slight help because it's a stand still fights so dot times normall are auto-better, and want more help on other fights. Please feel free to repost new logs, but choose specific fights instead of just linking everything. Makes it a lil easier for me, especially when I get behind on these posts, and gets you better help.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%86cium/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...zzw/details/3/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...4qm/details/5/

Hi all. I've posted my armory link, and two WoL links. Both are LFR version of Ultra, one is affliction and the other is destro, the two specs I play most. I haven't uploaded much to WoL in a while, but after looking I saw that my dot uptimes were around 75 - 80%, and I'm not sure why. I always refresh with <1.5 sec remaining (except for
    BoD) and am always casting something, ABC rule.

As for my gear, I know that tier shoulders + madness gloves are better than heroic Mor shoulders + tier gloves, but I haven't had the tier shoulders drop for me yet. I simcraft my toon whenever there's any stat changes or new gear comes along, and I'm a bit of a min-maxer. I'm just trying to eek out every little ounce of performance that I can. I will admit, I'm not too swooft at reading combat logs, so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hokay. So. Gear first. Boot enchantttttt. I hate you on your CoC, having an actual random loot caster ring drop (let alone getting it), and same for the Zon belt. As for destro, 10pts above the 2681 haste cap but that's okish. Just make sure on afflic you go all out haste.

I can tell you that the reason you see sub 80% dot uptimes is you have a long previous no combat part of the lag there for the afflic ultrax one. So it's basically adding an extra whole minute to the fight, where there wasn't actually a fight but it thinks there is, so it brings everything down. If you cut that section out, you actually get dot uptimes in the 90s. (to cut it out, you go to dashboard > analyze > damage done. From there, on the graph, you can click and drag, highlighting the section you want to look at, i.e. the section where dmg is actually happening. Then it'll say you're looking at "Time Range XX - YY" instead of the boss's name, difficulty, and length of fight. Now when you go to players > any player, it looks at that time range, which you just selected as the actual time range of the fight. Can also be used to analyze small parts or phases of fights too)

Affliction Log
    First off, could get a lot more umph out of your doomguard if you pop it at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active.

Pop before dot! DS:Felhunter, like all other buffs, don't go into effect on dots until they are refreshed. so you want to pop those CD's (DS and soulburn) before dotting. And you generally want to use them on CD. You were on and off on using soulburn on CD, and could have gotten a second DS out if you popped it at the start and on CD. Otherwise your opener seems fine, although you want to shadowbolt first to get the 5% crit debuff out. The way it weirdly works, dots don't auto update between ticks with it.

UA uptimes was pretty good. only feel like like three times. Corruption was good because of haunt, but haunt was not so good, fell off many a times. You want to haunt on CD, and during the execute phase you haunt relatively on CD, meaning close to on CD but only right AFTER DS ticks, not right before one. I see you put up two BoA's, one might have been by accident, or it was a very bad misjudge of when the boss will die. It's a lot easier and well, safer, to just stick with BoD. Unless he's actually down to like 2-3mil health. Then he could actually die in 30s. Speaking of BoD, you're over clipping it. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with DS:Felhunter, don't clip it when you don't have DS. When in doubt, don't clip.

Destro Log
    Again, give that doomguard some umph! With ICM, I hear that if you pop it when that procs, it's even better since it'll actually benefit from the haste.

The opening is slightly off. First off, DS:imp only affects cast time spells, meaning incinerate, chaos bolt, and well, the initial hit on immolate. So popping it while you're dotting is meh. It's like, cool that immolate hit critted, but now I'm wasting like 4s of this buff (which is like 2-3 other casts) while I dot up and conflag... So the opening I do is...
    The optimal destro opener is something like: pre-pot > Pre-cast incinerate > combat > Soulburn:Soulfire > CoE (if needed) > Immolate > BoD > Conflagrate > Corruption > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > DS:Imp > Incinerate x3 (under backdraft. 3 stacks). From here, it's based on priority. Conflagrate > Incinerate (under backdraft) > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate (no backdraft).

Immolate uptime is good, just slight improvements needed since it falls off momentarily a couple times. Same for corruption. BoD, again, don't always clip. Make sure you're soulburning on CD. You don't have to use it right away since it's up for like 15s, but you want to get the buff.

The biggest thing with destro I see is keeping that ISF buff up more. Not gonna lie, mine falls off too, but need to work on minimizing the downtime if it falls off. Some fall offs were split second then back up, but you had one time where it was off for like 10-15s.

And for the record, your DI target on both logs weren't being very good at giving you DI. I didn't check who the targets were and why since it was LFR. But just sayin. Oh. And shadowflame on CD when in melee rangeeeeee!!!!! All the time. Every time. Except as affliction during the execute phase. That's the one time you don't.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by emaf View Post
    Hi
    The name of my char is emaf from realm aggra-portugues lv85 demonology spec 0/31/10.
    I belive im having some kind of problem whit my dps, it keeps low and all my mates have better dps
    And my question is its my rotation? my gear? what dps should i have if i was a expert warlock?
    my rotation is curse of elements -> immolatio ->BoD -> Corrupt (dot) ->HoG -> shadow bolt , use HoG to refresh immolate and after HoG use sprrupt to refresh 2, when i can use my doomguard (single target) and use my metamorph -> demon soul -> felstorm(pet) -> immolation aura -> shadow burn -> fellhunter.
    Armory --> eu.battle.net/wow/pt/character/aggra-portugues/Emaf/simple
    World of logs --->***.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0lh6e2v5aq0tykk3/analyze/dd/source/
    hope for a fast anwser
    bb
    emaf
    Google Chrome page translator sucks. btw.

Lets see. Gear for demo. Enchants mas grande. (Please don't take that as offensive, trying to be funny yet making a point.) Missing two rings, chest, shoulder, bracers, and weapon. I can't tell exactly on the boots, but that better be master. And for gloves, make that 65 mastery. We also ALWAYS match red sockets with pure red int gems, so put a red int gem in your back. Drop the trinket Foul Gift of the Demon Lord asap. DMC:V is better than that. Why? Because it's random mastery proc. Mastery owns for use because of meta. Since meta snapshots our mastery, even if it procs during meta, it does NOT benefit us. It only benefits us if it procs and we happen to pop meta while it is a buff. I saw from the Morchok log that you had the trinket Cunning of the Cruel (CoC), but it's not equipped on your armory. This trinket is >>>>>>>>> most trinkets.

Your are using the 0/31/10 spec, the Shadow Bolt spec, but you are using the Incinerate spec (3/31/7) glyphs. You want glyph of corruption instead of incinerate for the shadow bolt spec.

There are several things you need to look at for improvement. First off, your opening rotation is wrong. You want to pop your CDs before dotting. Pop before dot!
    The optimal opener for demo (Shadowbolt Spec) is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn* > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

*Note, because you do not currently have 4pc. You do not need to activate soulburn before dotting, since you do not receive the 4pc 10% spellpower buff. At the moment, you can activate soulburn when you want to pet swap to the felhunter.

Your Doomguard could do a bit more damage if you popped him at the optimal time. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. It is as this point that you also pop your immolation aura instead of right off the bat.

As for you logs, I looked mostly at Morchock. Your corruption uptime is very very low, and there were two times were you didn't have it up for almost a minute each. I'd recommend using a dot tracker to help with this. On the other hand, your BoD uptime was too good because you're clipping it way too much. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip.

You also do appear to be using meta and Demon Soul together, which is not right. You want to cast meta on CD every time it comes up (unless a boss mechanic would say otherwise).

Also, whenever you are in melee range (which is a lot on Morchock, and 95% of the time on Yor'sahj), you shadowflame on CD.

As for your question, "what dps should i have if i was a expert warlock?" The answer would definitely be above like....23-25k. That really goes for everyone in your group too for a single target, relatively standstill fight like Morchok.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-05 at 04:37 AM.

I have been doing Bane of Doom wrong for a long time. That being said does anyone know of an addon that will track your Spell Power in real time?