Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If FoK Got Nerfed, Why Didn'T Swipe?

After having run several heroics, raids, etc. with my guild I noticed Swipe was almost as powerful as FoK pre-nerf. Now that FoK has been nerfed though, Swipe blows it away. I have done heroics and seen my feral druid buddy do 5k+ DPS with over 60% of it being from him spamming one button - Swipe. The same for AoE heavy fights like Thorim Arena, where I have seen him do as much as 15K just from Swiping.

My question is how did Swipe not get nerfed, but FoK did? It was almost as powerful as FoK was and now that FoK has been nerfed I would say it is much stronger. Shouldn't it be weaker, especially considering feral druids are hybrids? And also considering they have amazing single target DPS? And just to be clear I am not talking to same 30% nerf FoK recieved, but I don't think a 15-20% nerf would be out of line.

Re: If FoK Got Nerfed, Why Didn'T Swipe?

Swipe is still directional for cat.

lemme get this straight...you're asking for a nerf to another class because you want your raid dps gimped even more?

i'm guessing the nerf had a lot more to do with pvp than pve, and last i knew, ferals cant attach poisons to their claws.

Cool story bro... now explain why this has any relevance to anything?

you need to have SR up for swipe as well....so that's some single target before aoe
    also swipe numbers with berserk up are insane so you might we seeing that showing high dps.
    other things to think about, if its heroics then you can use tigers fury to basically get a free swipe and heroics trash dies before you even that out over time.

you say omg he used 1 button to do 60% of damage in a heroic..... you try and get any kinda of rotation on a mob with 200k hp that dies in less than 30 seconds so ofc we use 1 button...
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren
    Swipe is still directional for cat.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Font
    and last i knew, ferals cant attach poisons to their claws.
    And this.

PS. Feral Druids aren't Hybrids moron. They're either Melee DPS or Tank. Some are a mix but then they suck at either role.

The term hybrid needs to die. Any class specced into any role can only do that role. That does not fit the definition of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleech
    After having run several heroics, raids, etc. with my guild I noticed Swipe was almost as powerful as FoK pre-nerf. Now that FoK has been nerfed though, Swipe blows it away. I have done heroics and seen my feral druid buddy do 5k+ DPS with over 60% of it being from him spamming one button - Swipe. The same for AoE heavy fights like Thorim Arena, where I have seen him do as much as 15K just from Swiping.

My question is how did Swipe not get nerfed, but FoK did? It was almost as powerful as FoK was and now that FoK has been nerfed I would say it is much stronger. Shouldn't it be weaker, especially considering feral druids are hybrids? And also considering they have amazing single target DPS? And just to be clear I am not talking to same 30% nerf FoK recieved, but I don't think a 15-20% nerf would be out of line.
    umm...bro, cats dps is hard enough, they need every inch they can get.

rogues on the other hand in the palm of a decent player could take MUCH harder hits than this and still be VERY high on the DPS charts.

don't get all QQ eyed and start saying things like "they do it too" makes you sound younger than I'm sure you are.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    The term hybrid needs to die. Any class specced into any role can only do that role. That does not fit the definition of the word.
    Well, the term "hybrid" is used in wow mainly explain classes that can do many roles. Paladins and druids can heal, tank and dps and are therefore hybrids. Priests can both heal and dps and are therefore semi-hybrid. Rogues can only dps and are therefore non-hybrid.

On Topic: No

This.

And this.

PS. Feral Druids aren't Hybrids moron. They're either Melee DPS or Tank. Some are a mix but then they suck at either role.

and you need to learn what hybrid in this case means. he is speaking of hybrid classes! not hybrid specs. think before you post ...

I feel it was more to the fact rogues were doing 20k dmg on trash by useing bladeflurry, Adrenaline rush and spamming the hell out of FoK and hitting everthing in an AoE for like 2k+ a hit... were as swipe i think targets need to be infront of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Font
    lemme get this straight...you're asking for a nerf to another class because you want your raid dps gimped even more?

i'm guessing the nerf had a lot more to do with pvp than pve, and last i knew, ferals cant attach poisons to their claws.
    Wrong. I am asking why one ability got it's dmg nerfed when an almost identical ability didn't get touched. Sure it's directional but is it really THAT hard to face a group of mobs? And even without poisons Swipe is still a shit ton of dmg. Sorry, I guess I don't see how a HYBRID spamming one button and getting thousands upon thousands of DPS is ok when a pure DPS class had a similar ability nerfed pretty heavily. Lol...

There are 2 aspects of the game..

Player Vs. Player

and

Player Vs. Enviroment.

Catch my drift?

Hey moron, I didn't label em a hybrid, Blizz did. If you don't like it take it up with Blizzard, but as it stands Feral Druids are indeed a hybrid as stated by Blizzard themselves.

PROTIP: A druid "sucking" at healing because he's feral is still roughly INFINITELY better than a warrior trying to heal.

Druids are hybrids. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley
    Learn to read first off. I won't even do the research for you to read it but we got nerfed across the board. All our special attacks (including swipe) got the big ol nerf bat, second swipe is way less than it use to be and I would venture to guess the buddy you are talking about probably outgears your ass as well.

You need to learn to play this game and stop bitching because other people be it skill or gear out do your ass. You should be extremely happy your buddy can help carry you through raids much faster with his leet swipes....

/thread
    Ya, because small 4%-10% nerfs to a couple abilities that have 200%+ modifiers are really the same as a 30% dmg nerf off a 100% to the only real AoE a class has. GG you 14 year old retard.

And ya, sorry someone who pops a CD with Swipe is doing more dmg than me by hitting two buttons than I am doing 3-4 abilities/AoEs. That must take SOO MUCH SKILL!

Hey moron, I didn't label em a hybrid, Blizz did. If you don't like it take it up with Blizzard, but as it stands Feral Druids are indeed a hybrid as stated by Blizzard themselves.
    They're a hybrid because even though it's isn't completely benefital, they can heal or spell cast dps if they need to. Hence, being a hybrid regardless of spec.

Seems to me there is some misunderstandings between some of you.

The druid class is a hybrid class, and feral is a hybrid specc (Tank + DPS).

10+ Year Old Account

wasn't swipe nerfed when cat druids got hit with the nerf stick repeatedly in 3.2? and fan of knives still does very good dmg, it is just a rebalancing, just like the nerf to volley in 3.0, because volley was severely OP before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Sorry, I guess I don't see how a HYBRID spamming one button and getting thousands upon thousands of DPS is ok when a pure DPS class had a similar ability nerfed pretty heavily. Lol...
    i sure hope you're on the mage forum asking for frost mage's blizzard to be nerfed as well...i can imagine if you had it your way you'd want your raid to do about 8000 less dps...good looking out.

Ya, because small 4%-10% nerfs to a couple abilities that have 200%+ modifiers are really the same as a 30% off 100 nerf to the only real AoE a class has. GG you 14 year old retard.

And ya, sorry someone who pops a CD with Swipe is doing more dmg than me by hitting two buttons than I am doing 3-4 abilities/AoEs. That must take SOO MUCH SKILL!
    Sigh... so much hatred over dps meters. Why do you give a shit first off? If you're doing good single target dps (which is what a rogue has always been the best at), then who gives a shit about trash or the random fights that have multiple targets close together. Take a chill pill and realize that your penis didn't shrink any smaller because your FoK hits for less.

I always tend to ignore AoE dps since it doesn't take anything more than hitting 1-2 buttons. Remove it from your Recount and watch the difference then...