Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: Lord Marrowgar US PTR Testing

I know this is probably a placeholder, but gief new model.

This one has been used in alot of places before, and is kinda sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathea

Rofl, Dream on.

Every boss in Icecrown will be re-used models.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathea

Daelo said in the feedback thread that it is a placeholder and so are some of the animations.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

In case you missed it. Chill of the Throne is a bug and will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    I completely agree with you.

Normal modes should NOT exist at all. We should ONLY have hard modes.

The bit where you said the game is too easy and crap compared to vanilla WoW is the part i agree with you the most ;D
    Look buddy, even though you and I are obviously the people that have enough time on our hands to work on getting the best gear and do the good raids, it doesn't mean that everyone else does. I play the game waaaaaay too much due to unrelated personal problems in my life. I number crunch on my gear and agonize on switching pieces out even if it only means a 20dps increase, things like that.

However, I would say that most of the WoW player base is made of people who actually have lives and may not have the time to do everything perfectly and beat the hard modes. Hard modes are there for people who have the time to dedicate. But there are people who just want to relax and play the game, and not have to analyze everything.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Still don't understand why people constantly bitch about "The old days of WoW" being so much better.

The only differences between then and now is:

Now your raid isn't filled with 20 members who are incredibly useless and who can die without having any impact on the encounter you're facing.

You're no longer a paladin healing with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19375 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22713 and your gear no longer has every single statistic on it.

You no longer have to farm green Nature resist gear to be able to stand in a cloud of poison to die before the useful members of your raid get murdered by an enraged huhuran.

Viscidus wasn't very much fun without a poison cleansing totem, as much fun as it was stacking 8 druids and 8 paladins in a raid specifically to remove poison.

Your materials come from readily available gold from questing that you can get from anywhere, instead of murdering animals in the blasted lands for hours a day to get buffs that are removed when you die.

You don't come home from work and put your hand through a wall because people are too stupid to figure out the mechanics of Twin Emperors and you want to kill C'thun tonight, but you know that the aforementioned 20 stupid people will just blow eachother up because they're not standing in the correct 8 yard spread apart hexagon that's required for absolute perfection anyways.

Who is defining old school raiding anyways? You liked having to buff players with 5 minute blessings? The fact that no one, even you, knew what your gear was, or should be made into? That no one knew the boss encounters and thus you got to spend 4 hours a night wiping to Garr because half of your raid wasn't smart enough to look at a debuff? The fact you want to punch your hunters in the face because they can't equip their stupid bows before a Nefarian call? Manually checking each player to see if they have a flask, potion, blasted lands buff, onyxia/blahblahblah before an encounter starts?

Get it through your heads. Most old encounters were NOT fun. Things started to get fun with the original, 40man naxx. SSC was ok, TK was fun, Black Temple was definately fun, and Sunwell took the cake.

MC was neverending, searing badness, BWL was horrible except for possibly Nefarian, AQ40 started to be fun but withered into an ugly, twisted thing at Huhuran, then died horribly at C'thun.

Maybe people have fond memories of things that never really existed, but most people today still aren't even competent enough to do this content on normal, let alone hard modes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I like this guy ^

Sorry, I guess I forgot how much fun C'thun was. You know, downloading an addon that makes sure you're 8 yards apart from other people, forming 8 pentagons in a crowded room and praying that the other idiots don't accidently blow you up.

Or the enjoyable factor of Huhuran, where you got to have people wearing useless gear and trinkets from Maraudon in hopes of lasting an extra 2 seconds during her enrage before everyone else blows up and dies.

I guess I also forgot how much fun doing Shazzrah was with 40 people, 1/2 of which are mindless idiots that blow other people up. Or Garr, that was an awesome fight, you never know who might be set up the bomb. Wait, how about Majordomo? That was an awesome fight when the only tank were warriors and there were no AoE threat mechanics.

Man, I guess I also forgot about Chromaggus, in which you get to save up sand from other shit in the instance in order not to get frozen randomly and wipe the raid. What a cool mechanic, if you don't have people dispelling 40 people nonstop, you lose, wooie, lots of fun.

It's nice that you can just say "LOL UR GUILD MUSTA SUCKED" but what fun mechanics can you possibly point out for old world raiding?

Nefarian was neat. 4 Horsemen was neat. Kil'jaeden was neat. That's it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Any idea how to do the achievement for this boss? Didn't read all 15 pages, but...how would you not get hit by the whirlwind? It moves, right? Would he have to be kited while doing it?

I dont post much on website but i hate that everyone thinks people in the top 3% have no life outside of wow and raid a ton. I have a 40-50hr a week job and i am still in the top 3% of wow guilds. we raid 3 times a week for 3hrs and sometimes its not even that because we have to call a raid because something came up in rl for people. The content is so easy we dont have to raid that much because after a day or 2 everything its cleared it doesnt take long to do normal toc 10 or 25 man. It can be cleared in 25mins each. People that want to see the content need to join guilds that dont have 5years olds playing the game and join one that have people that have half of a brain and can move out of stuff. So stop complaining you deserve to see all the content because you have a life because alot of people have lives and still get the job done in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    You played in a god awful guild if that's how pre-BC raiding was for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

My question is, on the Vodka video, the shaman had all her mods looking all nice and pretty. I can't get any mod in it's entirety to work on my computer without them taking the big swirly dump of LUA errors OR I get chain DC'd until I remove all mods and delete my WTF folder.

Quote Originally Posted by tees
    Joe Average does not mean all the people you know that are doing a bit worse than you. Joe Average STILL has not cleared Ulduar because ToC came out somewhere around their Kologarn.
    Well, Auriaya, but yeah....

2 Days a week to Ulduar 10, and we basically keep repeating the same bosses. Haven't convinced RL to extend lockout yet because we always end up with a couple of different folks every week.

And BTW, Blue post on the Aura -
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoth
    Q u o t e:
    Any Reason? Is it just an annoyance? It isn't gonna kill anyone in combat while raid healers are around. So just don't AFK for 5 minutes 3 seconds? Sunwell Radiance was there for a reason, whether we liked it or not. This I am not sure.

It's a bug. We'll get it fixed.